John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FireCat
    First, I didn't accuse anyone of being a sock. I don't know where you get that.

Second, I did not say ALL Sheyla fans like Joe and Rachel. I said a small percentage do, and I've see the Joe/Rachel thing on LJ btw - even some insinuations on this thread (thankfully you police yourselves well when it starts up).

Third, I'm not a Shep/Weir shipper, or else I'd be there, but I peeked in there once or twice long ago. Judging someone on what threads they posted in months ago is stupid. I'm not flaming you guys, all I said was no one heard Joe say anything about ship at this con other than the tease about McKay/Beckett and I didn't want you all to start spread rumors that probably were not true.
    First off...I didn't say you said we were socks...was that addressed to you?...NO it's was to SD.

NEVER on this thread have we said the actors belong together...and if EVER it was said reread it. And ask for clarification on the posters POV.

This is not LJ...so don't transfer.

Did i say you were a s/w shipper?....NO. It makes no difference if you were or if you weren't.

Do we look like we're running all over creation spreading rumors like some high schoolers?. Celede just posted something she thought we should hear about. It could be wrong it could be right.

R.I.P Wraithlord
    Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by FireCat
      ... I didn't want you all to start spread rumors that probably were not true.
      The point is- this has not proven to be untrue as of yet despite the reports that you have read. And if I and others want to be an optimists and not a pessimests- then that is our right.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        How about folks move on? Let's lose the generalizations and accusations. ANd i do caution you...not trying to suck the fun out of things, but it's never wise to get your hopes too high about an upcoming plot. What you, the general you, think of when you hear 'joe loves the ship' and what joe is thinking when he says 'i love the ship' could be two totally different things.

Sam and Jack shippers were told by TPTB that s9 was gonna have a lot of ship in it.....well, Lot to tptb and Lot to the fans were two totally different things and people were disappointed.
        But you know SD- not to be a wench about this- but if we want to Squee and hop up and down about good news for us, then we should be able to do that in peace and not have to worry about people ruining it. And if we want to remain positive about comments that are made by either actors or PTB; and we want to live in our own little bubble of happiness then we have the right to do that too. I'm not an infant- I know that half the time things don't always turn out like we think they will or want them too and I will handle my own disapointment if I need to.

Comment

Aww Happy B-Day Mr Fantastic. JT Hugs and Kisses For You.

Comment

OK, I realise that comments, on both sides, that were perhaps not the most tactfully phrased are going to put people on the defensive but I think the main points have been covered and moving on would be a good idea.
            This is our little playground at GW, we're not in charge but we do create the atmosphere and I personally would like to play in a fun, enjoyable environment, not watch people fight.

Witchy is the cave scene the "what are you doing - freeing my hands" scene? I haven't seen that episode but I can still see the shippiness.

Comment

What did you guys think of the CAVE scene in 'Runner'?

One of the funniest moments of s2 and also a tender moment.

His first concern was for her......... once again. I loved that when Ronan said to him why should I trust you, Shep turned to Teyla and asked her to explain to Ronan why he should trust them. Teyla has that calming influence(as seen in Seige III with Aiden). I loved that Teyla once again uses her *special tone(I call it)* with John when she regains consciousness.

Plus I'm a thinking Shep wanted to be felt up by Teyla, but since it was so OOC for her to do that he had to play it off by asking her WTH are you doing.

Comment

Originally posted by bella
                OK, I realise that comments, on both sides, that were perhaps not the most tactfully phrased are going to put people on the defensive but I think the main points have been covered and moving on would be a good idea.
                This is our little playground at GW, we're not in charge but we do create the atmosphere and I personally would like to play in a fun, enjoyable environment, not watch people fight.

Witchy is the cave scene the "what are you doing - freeing my hands" scene? I haven't seen that episode but I can still see the shippiness.
                Let the FUN begin!...

I really shouldn't have called it the cave scene, cause we already have the 'Rising' cave scene...It just hit me...we have two cave scenes...then an outside 'a cave' scene in 'Conversion'....

I like your title for the scene better, but that's the scene i'm referring to. I enjoyed the interaction and their expressions. I especially liked when Ronon asked why he should trust them and John goes 'good question...Teyla?'....

R.I.P Wraithlord
                Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by WikkedAngel

His first concern was for her......... once again. I loved that when Ronan said to him why should I trust you, Shep turned to Teyla and asked her to explain to Ronan why he should trust them. Teyla has that calming influence(as seen in Seige III with Aiden). I loved that Teyla once again uses her *special tone(I call it)* with John when she regains consciousness.

Plus I'm a thinking Shep wanted to be felt up by Teyla, but since it was so OOC for her to do that he had to play it off by asking her WTH are you doing.
                  Wikked are you reading my mind?...

I know the 'special tone' though now I have a name for it......she uses it to calm down the situation, and I have a feeling John knows this, that's why he deferred to her.

You know he'd luv to be felt up by Teyla......

R.I.P Wraithlord
                  Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by WikkedAngel

I'd actually forgotten about Runner as potentially shippy ep, but that exchange between them when they were tied up was an adorable little moment. And then, he couldn't run fast enough to get Beckett when Ronon held Teyla hostage. Great ep all around. I think you nailed it WA- it's what John *wanted* her to be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Panther
                      Thanks for coming by!

If you wish to know exactly what it is we see here is a list of what we consider major shippy moments of both seasons.

Okay...
                      I have a little bit of free time so I'm now going back to compiling our Ultimate Guide to John and Teyla...

Complete with guidelines, posting rules (I'll have to snatch Bella's rules, because they are great)...

So thanks to BP I have the following links for the shippy rundown of season 2 and partial season one...

I also have links to 4-5 Shep/Teyla LJs, the fanfic community at fanfiction.net for Shep/Teyla, Unique-Bond, there is also the two yahoo groups, the forum at Stargate Omega...

Anybody have anything else to add to the list?

Okay...now I know posted a while back there was wallpaper dealing with the cave scene...our official picture, I believe...can you guys post them again...I have them somewhere on my computer or maybe its in a file for my laptop, or saved on a disk...anyway...Bella, Pretty...you guys had one right?

We also have the disclaimer Witchy made...

Several catchphrases...

What does everyone else want to add?

Comment

Does anyone know who made this manip?

[img=http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/548/teylajohnmanip1xi.th.jpg]

Comment

Cave Scene in Runner

Well... I have to think he was flirting with her... cause he made that comment. "Didn't feel like it." What did Teyla say to that. She smiled, nothing more. No denial. Geeeess... that's hot!

Status Report on Never Alone Again

Progress is slow, I'm sorry to say. It's really stressful right now... think AP Exams... scary things! My creative juices are running out my ears right now... so I'll try to have something together within a week, but it's slow and hard. On that notion... I've only got a handful of reviews... you know... reviewing makes me write faster. (HINT, HINT, )

JT Guidlines

"SQUEEING IS REQUIRED!"

BTW, our SGO forum needs desperate attention!
                          Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Hi Guys....

Have I miss anything good?

hugs to all....I"m going back to my BATCAVE!

oh, wrong thread...JohnTeylaCAVE!

night....
                            Camy

Oh, I don't want to be a bad CAMY! so I edited out what I wrote...

People don't forget DM's Party tomorrow...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                              And John doesn't look like a physical contact guy...always seem rather awkward around it, if you remember the hug between him and Weir. Not unwelcome, just awkward.VB

Speaking of awkward

I couldn’t help but notice in TLG how Shep appeared more opposed to the transfer of the alien consciousness taking place because of Thalan and Phoebus’s being married.

Sure he was averted to the idea of the transfer in general for obvious reasons but in this case he was more concerned about the alien’s marital status inappropriately affecting both his and Weir’s behavior toward each other. He was, after all, under the impression from Weir that the aliens still had feelings for each other.

One can hear the obvious apprehension in his voice as he responds to Beckett prompting him to move closer to the body; and then there’s the tension in John’s body language as he grudgingly moves towards the pod.
                              In order for John to go any further with the process, Phoebus had to basically reassure him, that nothing intimate would happen between he and Weir.

Sheppard clearly and respectfully views Weir as a friend, but, in this scene, John’s reluctant behavior indirectly conveyed that he doesn’t want their friendship to go any further than that; and he didn’t want anything potentially (i.e. them both being under the total control of two alien life forms) spoiling their friendship by complicating things.

Hence, in this particular case, his ill at ease acceptance of the transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by fates4jt
                                Sheppard clearly and respectfully views Weir as a friend, but, in this scene, John’s reluctant behavior indirectly conveyed that he doesn’t want their friendship to go any further than that; and he didn’t want anything potentially (i.e. them both being under the total control of two alien life forms) spoiling their friendship by complicating things.

Hence, in this particular case, his ill at ease acceptance of the transfer.
                                That is an excellent point Fates, and one I hadn't thought of before. He was very uncomfortable with the entire thing- too bad he didn't listen to his instincts! But then I guess we wouldn't have had a story! I wonder how he would have felt if it were Teyla that Pheobus had possessed? Hmmmmm?

Comment

Working...
                                X