X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Siege: Part III: Caps

The Intruder: Caps#2

Comment

Camy, really love the pic fic. You've got quite a tale going there. The title pic is really pretty. Can't wait to find out what's going on. Teyla seems slightly miffed at John in these last two parts.

I agree you should put it up on LJ. It's not really that hard.

Comment

About the "new news" is that the Apr 14 post about focusing on characters?

I didn't really get where they said they were focusing only on friendships, just that they said they were focusing on interaction--which could be anything really, even arguments.

About the kids thing. True, they're nowhere near a point in their relationship as I percieve it to have kids, but science fiction is all about speculation about the future. So who knows if some point down the line they *could* reach that point. To me, that makes it okay to write kid fics--if they're set in the future. Those set in "today" would have to have some really believable justification to me to make it plausible.

Those two little kids whose pics were posted were really cute. I like to imagine a dusky skinned child with John's green/hazel eyes--wouldn't that be pretty? There's a man at my kids' school like that. Quite an exotic look.

BTW, just a reminder about the JT Spring Fling on May 6th on the sga_john_teyla LJ and the johnandteyla yahoo group! Lots of creative goodies. Yep, I'm working on some and trying to finish a wip or two.

:-)

Have a happy JT day.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz
          sounds more like friendship than ship-ship but who knows? Jack and Sam began as friends and what does that quote say..."love is friendship set on fire". Whatever the case, I'm glad TPTB have realised what was lacking.

I was just sitting in a dark corner and I had a thought...is sheyla canon?

Or, at least, is the UST more canon than shweir interaction?

It is generally agreed (in this thread anyway ) that there was some UST going on in season 1 and it seemed quite clearly marked to me. I haven't seen anything particularly UST in Sheppard and Weir's interactions. Apart from TLG, which wasn't much IMO (mainly because I saw that final bit as embarrassment not ship), there has been nothing except "lean-ins" as some caps would have us believe.

But if "lean-ins" were true then McKay and Shep would have a thing and quite obviously they do not.

So basically my theory is...while the ship of sheyla may not be canon, I think the sheyla UST is.
          As far as I'm concerned, PTB said that S/T had "playful sexual tension" in their publicity for the show, and that says canon to me. Until they say otherwise it's canon.

Of course the fact that I don't see the sexual tension is completely irrelevant! One of the reasons why shipper arguments in Atlantis aren't worth a button.

Comment

I'm working on a sort of drabble-y non-fic about J/T shipping. I got hit by a bolt of inspiration but as I'm not really a writer I'm having problems finishing. Is anyone willing to help?

Warrior I love your caps but I'm on dial-up and they take forever to load, could you possiably post a few and hide the rest behind a spoiler cut? Sorry to keep going on about this everyone.

Kids. I think accidents happen. I can't see either of them planning to have children but I can see the shock of them discovering that sex = babies. That I think would be more interesting because it brings so many more questions (and angst), starting with Athosian beliefs and medicine vs modern (Earth) beliefs and medicine.
            Last edited by bella; 15 April 2006, 06:42 AM.

Comment

I've have zipped up all the caps and they can be downloaded from yousendit.com. Should only take a minute or two.

I'll try and cut down on the images and post them maybe a few at a time.

http://download.yousendit.com/CA9BD8B463E39446

Comment

...I don't have much time...but what i want to say is...I meant the whole relationship thing in SGA. Cos frankly that is what i love at most in shows. I like to see interesting *psychological* relationships. I hope you know what i mean. I like when it's complicated. When it's going to easy and to fast it's for me not credible. Okay I don't want to wait 10 years until *maybe* Teyla and John will confess their love to each other like *maybe* Jack and Sam... I'm watching since march BSG and I love the father/son thing between the Adama's. It's what i like to see in shows. Not just bloody action. There must be a little feelings also. And it's not important if it's ship, slash, frienship or something else...
                BTW...in many con reports people mentioned that TPTB want to 'deepen' *is that correctly??* the friendship between Shep and McKay...so i guess that's what they meant in the news.

**sorry for the mistakes...
                Last edited by Annie Sheppard; 15 April 2006, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                  I've have zipped up all the caps and they can be downloaded from yousendit.com. Should only take a minute or two.

I'll try and cut down on the images and post them maybe a few at a time.

http://download.yousendit.com/CA9BD8B463E39446
                  thanks for the pics Warrior.......i hope i may use them in my picfic or on this thread or the Teyla thread......

Comment

Originally posted by Annie Sheppard
                    thanks for the pics Warrior.......i hope i may use them in my picfic or on this thread or the Teyla thread......
                    Sure - no problem. On External sites, just a small reference to whom capped them and who they belong to is good enough for me.

I'll be capping Runner this coming Tuesday.

Comment

AMEN TO THAT ANNIE! I used to watch shows just for the action, and I used to get a kick out of it, but now... since becoming a shipper, I love the interpersonal character relationships that define a show.

I would never have gotten as much enjoyment out of Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars without this new mentality. I still enjoy action, but I love it as much as I love the relationships!

If you made any mistakes Annie, I didn't notice.
                      Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

I agree too, Annie. I really love the complex, realistic friendships and relationships. BSG does this really well. I hope TPTB do this for JT and the rest of the team.

That article did seem to me like they were mainly talking about everyone getting closer to Ronon but didn't mention the others. I sure hope they give each of the other main characters a "starring" ep so we get a little more depth to them all and maybe more backstory for them all.

I'd love to find out Teyla's views on love, marriage (do they even have it?), children, leadership, etc.

Comment

Hi everyone…newbie here

I’m what you’d call a coming out of the closet fan of John and Teyla; I have tried to fight the enlightenment but it has consumed me. I do have to come clean though…I did not want these two together—at first; reason being, I thought it was too obvious with the writers initially trying to shove it in my face and all. But that was like 3 years ago now and I no longer see them as being a forced pairing. I was also against it because I considered myself a Weir and John fan. I really did see those two having something together. But now, due to the scenes “J” and “T” shared in TLG, I’m no longer on that path. Sheyla’s fixed in my head now and there's no getting 'em out; hence, I take it as an indication that these two have something special.

So here’s to *Sheyla*
                          Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Whenever, Where ever, Whatever, I'll risk life and limb when it comes to you.
                          Pretty Sig by Annie Shep.

Comment

Outta-orbit,

Welcome to JTdom! :-) Always nice to meet new converts. :-) Kick up your feet, have some hot cocoa and read a while. A couple of pages back is a pic fic by Camy--one of the posts has a link to all previous parts. This thread also has lots of fics, wps, graphics and other cool stuff.

If you have questions, just ask.

Welcome again!
                            Doxymom

Comment

Hi Doxymom,

Thankx for making me feel at home and I really appreciate the drink of hot cocoa…hmm hmm good…it’s always so nice to be warmly welcomed; anyhow, I have a lot of catching up to do regarding Sheyla’s thread , so I’m off to peruse; and if I have any questions I won’t hesitate to ask.

Thankx again
                              Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Whenever, Where ever, Whatever, I'll risk life and limb when it comes to you.
                              Pretty Sig by Annie Shep.

Comment

Originally posted by outta-orbit
                                Hi everyone…newbie here

I’m what you’d call a coming out of the closet fan of John and Teyla; I have tried to fight the enlightenment but it has consumed me. I do have to come clean though…I did not want these two together—at first; reason being, I thought it was too obvious with the writers initially trying to shove it in my face and all. But that was like 3 years ago now and I no longer see them as being a forced pairing. I was also against it because I considered myself a Weir and John fan. I really did see those two having something together. But now, due to the scenes “J” and “T” shared in TLG, I’m no longer on that path. Sheyla’s fixed in my head now and there's no getting 'em out; hence, I take it as an indication that these two have something special.

So here’s to *Sheyla*
                                Well Hi outta-orbit and

Welcome!

Always nice to see new faces! So pull up a patch of thread and join in the madness and mayhem of the John and Teyla thread!

So what's there to know...

I'm AG...
                                We are wraith friendly...
                                Have a chocolate chip cookie with sprinkles...
                                And...

Enjoy the thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X