Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJsGirl View Post

<respectfully snipped>

I record my own clips via ipad because the programs are expensive and many of the free online ones have viruses. I am paranoid lol. If you chose a free download program, be ware, and make sure you have a strong anti virus program. You may be able to find some clips to use online that are ready to download for use.
    To do my vids I use Windows movie maker. You can use pics if you don't have video clips.
    Ok, I guess I need to figure out how to record the clips. I've made one vid (computer I made it on went belly up) and want to make a Shep vid with overtones of John/Teyla and a Ronon vid. Those are the only ones I can so see the music going with certain themes/clips.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
      Ronon lived in an early industrialized world. Sateda had a bustling city. There were advanced weapons (I'm in a minority of one who thinks that his pulse pistol was manufactured there on Sateda. There were other energy rifles shown there so, Nyeah!), medicine, etc. It may have grown out of a clan type society, but it was relatively modern. One of the most modern ones in Pegasus. He was intelligent.

Plus, logically, strategically, the entire team is going to get some cross-training. Ronon and Teyla would have both been familiar with how to use Lantean tech, etc. Totally torqued me how they kept them "primitive"

I totally don't acknowedge the whole Teal'c/Krista James thing. It was completely out of character for him. What I can see is him teaching her the Lok'nel (sign me up, please!!!) so she could defend herself from her loser boyfriend and helping her out after she accidentally killed him. But she's such a child compared to the mature women he's used to - Drey'auc, Shaunac, Sam, Janet, Ishta. It just rubbed me wrong.
      Teyla was very intelligent! She picked up on all things technological very quickly ( flying the Hive ship & Daedalus) as well as Running Atlantis at least three times in Elizabeth, Rodney and Johns absence. She should have been used better/ more.

Tealc / Krista never seemed right to me at all.
      sigpic
      Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

Ok, I guess I need to figure out how to record the clips. I've made one vid (computer I made it on went belly up) and want to make a Shep vid with overtones of John/Teyla and a Ronon vid. Those are the only ones I can so see the music going with certain themes/clips.
        My iPad takes screen shots so I just play the episodes from iTunes or Amazon and snap the pics and vids as it plays. There must be a way to do the same on a laptop or computer. If not, I would ask around about a reliable program to download.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJsGirl View Post
          My iPad takes screen shots so I just play the episodes from iTunes or Amazon and snap the pics and vids as it plays. There must be a way to do the same on a laptop or computer. If not, I would ask around about a reliable program to download.
          I would love to learn to make vids. If anyone finds a good Video clipping program let me know. I will search my PC to see if any of the programs on it will record video clips... Maybe the webcam has something. I do have windows Movie maker! So that's one thing so far.
          sigpic

Comment

Guess I'll be downloading the previous program. I just was annoyed by the icon thingy in all the clips. Grrr.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twi'lek View Post
              I would love to learn to make vids. If anyone finds a good Video clipping program let me know. I will search my PC to see if any of the programs on it will record video clips... Maybe the webcam has something. I do have windows Movie maker! So that's one thing so far.
              I was originally recommended dvdfab.com. It's a very easy program to use. Just basically put in the video and it does it itself. My only beef with it was a stupid looking sock monkey thing in the corner of all the clips. But aside from that, it worked like a dream.
              sigpic

Comment

I was originally recommended dvdfab.com. It's a very easy program to use. Just basically put in the video and it does it itself. My only beef with it was a stupid looking sock monkey thing in the corner of all the clips. But aside from that, it worked like a dream.
                I would love to see what vids and song choices you both come up with. I promise I will ignore all annoying sock monkey things
                sigpic

Comment

I'll get to it. The one I already made was a Teal'c/Ishta vid to Creed's "My Sacrifice"

The John-John/Teyla one will be to Santana's "Turn Your Lights On"

And the Ronon one will be "March (Battle? I can't remember right now) of Cambreadth" of him killing all the wraith. Mostly Sateda I'm thinking.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'll get to it. The one I already made was a Teal'c/Ishta vid to Creed's "My Sacrifice"

The John-John/Teyla one will be to Santana's "Turn Your Lights On"

And the Ronon one will be "March (Battle? I can't remember right now) of Cambreadth" of him killing all the wraith. Mostly Sateda I'm thinking.
                    Nice! Can't wait to see them.
                    I'm going to watch the vid again for some inspiration, maybe read some fic. I'm in such a shipper mood lately
                    sigpic

Comment

Link us up if you come across anything absolutely wonderful! I fell way behind on some fics and don't remember where to start up.

Stupid RL not letting me fangurl!
                      sigpic

Comment

I actually read your stuff here and there. I've been enjoying amycat8733 at live journal (read a chapter last night), and DJ's stuff at https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1023780...tlantis-Series I just read the Missing scenes from "Michael" and I'm about to read Missing scenes from "The Return"

I like the longer fics, because I enjoy the story telling aspect. When I don't have a ton of time, I just read it in sections or chapters (depending on the writer).

The one shots are good to for the times you just need a little fix.

I think lately I've been missing the story so I'm more into longer fics and reading them a little at a time.
                        sigpic

Comment

There are some really REALLY great John/Teyla fics out there that are long. Most of them I've come across in fact. And then, there are a great many that are multi-part ones. I just don't have the time to read that long of ones at this moment of my life.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yup I came across a couple of other long ones that I LOVED. I'll have to go back and find the links for those.
                            Oh I did read Ship Manifesto by tielan at Live journal last week too. Not really fan fic, but great observations of the pairing of John and Teyla.

Needless to say I just love reading
                            sigpic

Comment

Tielan will write for most any pairing, but she really loves John/Teyla. Some good stuff.
                              sigpic

Comment

Tielan will write for most any pairing, but she really loves John/Teyla. Some good stuff.
                                I can tell Tielan does, and defends the pairing very well. Probably one of my favorite writers... I have many.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X