X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    SAF!!!!! *TACKLE HUGS*

How are you?
    My problem is time, but now that the kids are back to school... it should be easier to read... in quiet.
    *tacklehugs back*
    I´m good, thanks. Haven´t been in much of a mood for Stargate for a while there, but been rewatching some epis, and it brought some of it back.
    Especially a certain character or two.

Hope you will find the time and enjoy it.

Originally posted by SanGate View Post

I got it as a Xmas pressie from Cazz Haven't started yet though.
    That´s real nice from her. Haven´t seen her in ages, so send my greetings.
    Hope you will enjoy it.

Cheeky bugger

I don't do resolutions either, but I thought 'trying' made for a good one XD

Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
    Agreed. I think it would be much better to see Joe in something action oriented, but I'm glad to see that he's spreading his wings a bit. That helps to keep an actor from getting type-cast in the industry, so I'm happy for him.
    I´m just REALLY glad that he will finally be seen in something again. It´s been too long for this fan here. But he´s doing action with A good day for it (maybe) and The Other Side (certainly) and Spore (probably) so I´m just hoping I actually get to watch any of them.

*curses living on the wrong side of the pond*

On the friends thing, I guess if it was her best friend that she's known all of her life that would work. If you've known someone since first grade or something, then they can be as close as family... I don't know enough about the film to know, though. Still, I'll be watching it to support Joe.
    Ditto. And I agree re the friends thing. Some are close enough to accept godmother/father roles in their friend´s kids lives.

Same here, plus happy New Year and welcome back!

@teal'c

Happy New Year to you too. (And everyone else again!!! )

Cheers.
    Happy New Year to you too.

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
    picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Agreed. I think it would be much better to see Joe in something action oriented, but I'm glad to see that he's spreading his wings a bit. That helps to keep an actor from getting type-cast in the industry, so I'm happy for him.
      I'm delighted he's gotten something to do and Joe said he had a great time with the role, but these kind of movies are just not my thing.. I have to like the premise and the character before I can watch something.. liking the actor isn't enough..

On the friends thing, I guess if it was her best friend that she's known all of her life that would work. If you've known someone since first grade or something, then they can be as close as family... I don't know enough about the film to know, though. Still, I'll be watching it to support Joe.
      Well to be honest I can't see myself adopting 4 kids from a family member either.. I'm sure the movie will probably have a wonderful feel good aspect to it, with everyone getting along wonderfully.. and any little spats will be handled with a nice calm little chat... These kind of movies give perspective parents the idea that parenting is easy...I expected my kids to be like the Waltons and am still wondering what went wrong..
      Oh I must be getting cynical in my old age..

I'm still holding out for Joe to get a role similar to that on Atlantis.. though with better writing, more character development and decent stories..

I wonder if MGM have made any decision on the future of the franchise yet and whether there will be an SGA movie.. with new guys at the helm.. or a fourth series more on the lines of Atlantis.. with Joe as leading man..
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
        I'm delighted he's gotten something to do and Joe said he had a great time with the role, but these kind of movies are just not my thing.. I have to like the premise and the character before I can watch something.. liking the actor isn't enough..

Well to be honest I can't see myself adopting 4 kids from a family member either.. I'm sure the movie will probably have a wonderful feel good aspect to it, with everyone getting along wonderfully.. and any little spats will be handled with a nice calm little chat... These kind of movies give perspective parents the idea that parenting is easy...I expected my kids to be like the Waltons and am still wondering what went wrong..
        Oh I must be getting cynical in my old age..

I'm still holding out for Joe to get a role similar to that on Atlantis.. though with better writing, more character development and decent stories..

I wonder if MGM have made any decision on the future of the franchise yet and whether there will be an SGA movie.. with new guys at the helm.. or a fourth series more on the lines of Atlantis.. with Joe as leading man..
        I seriously doubt it. But certainly would hope for other writers if any movie should be made some day.

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
        picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post

I seriously doubt it. But certainly would hope for other writers if any movie should be made some day.
          I think MGM want to keep the franchise alive..its still a huge asset to them... they need to make it popular again and hopefully they are now aware that SGU wasn't the right way forward.... they have to decide whether to give the franchise a rest for the time being, or to bring back what worked in the form of an SGA movie.. but I'd only be interested if its with new guys at the helm..
          sigpic

Comment

Not sure what to think about MGM or SGA movie. I have no doubt that they will do one of SGU and SG-1, but I doubt them doing SGA. Just have that feeling. I'm usually an optimist, but not so much these days.

Comment

Originally posted by teal'c2006 View Post
              Happy new year
              Happy new year!!

that's a good take on it I just don't hope it's a path he will take more, as it's just not the type of movie i think you'll get lots of credit for? I dunno

Same here, plus happy New Year and welcome back!
              Thanks

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
              *tacklehugs back*
              I´m good, thanks. Haven´t been in much of a mood for Stargate for a while there, but been rewatching some epis, and it brought some of it back.
              Especially a certain character or two.
              Same!!

That´s real nice from her. Haven´t seen her in ages, so send my greetings.
              Hope you will enjoy it.
              Will do Will see her in a month anyway, so will do in real life

I´m just REALLY glad that he will finally be seen in something again. It´s been too long for this fan here. But he´s doing action with A good day for it (maybe) and The Other Side (certainly) and Spore (probably) so I´m just hoping I actually get to watch any of them.

*curses living on the wrong side of the pond*
              I just can't get myself excited for it at all Hopefully that means it can only exceed my expectations

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
              I am the other way around, sadly enough.. I cannot care for a movie, but I still watch for an actor, even if it means skipping the other bits

Not sure what to think about MGM or SGA movie. I have no doubt that they will do one of SGU and SG-1, but I doubt them doing SGA. Just have that feeling. I'm usually an optimist, but not so much these days.
              Same
              Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
              Save Our Seeker!
              LotS on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by teal'c2006 View Post
                Happy new year
                Sorry that I missed your post Teal'c.... Happy New Year to you too hun.

San: I just think it's sad that we are made to feel like the unwanted stepchild. They should push just as hard to get a SGA movie like they are working to do the other 2.

Comment

San: I just think it's sad that we are made to feel like the unwanted stepchild. They should push just as hard to get a SGA movie like they are working to do the other 2.
                  Tbh, I have deliberately not followed the discussion on the movies because I know it will only make me feel bad about being an SGA fan I'd love to see another SG1 movie and would also like to see how SGU ends, but most of all I'd want an SGA movie just to get the story wrapped up neatly and not as crappy as it ended It seems we won't be getting that. On screen anyway.
                  Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                  Save Our Seeker!
                  LotS on LJ.

Comment

Tbh, I have deliberately not followed the discussion on the movies because I know it will only make me feel bad about being an SGA fan I'd love to see another SG1 movie and would also like to see how SGU ends, but most of all I'd want an SGA movie just to get the story wrapped up neatly and not as crappy as it ended It seems we won't be getting that. On screen anyway.
                    I wish I didn't read the recent article on GW's home page with J Mallozzi's comments on the subject. I was trying to be positive until then.

I know Brad Wright is fighting to do SG-1 movie. Probably because it's to do with Jack.. or so I heard... ages ago and I wouldn't mind seeing that... Cause I love Jack. And I know tptb want to wrap up SGU so it's not just hanging there in limbo, but I agree... SGA deserves a better ending. And I hate to say this.. they are probably happy that they can leave it the way they did. Atlantis is on Earth... with a great view, Everyone is "happy" except for John... who is ALONE! IMO Teyla is happy either, but I know writers will disagree with that.

Comment

I wish I didn't read the recent article on GW's home page with J Mallozzi's comments on the subject. I was trying to be positive until then.
                      I heard something he said, but haven't read the article. Won't now either Don't want to be more depressed about it all

I know Brad Wright is fighting to do SG-1 movie. Probably because it's to do with Jack.. or so I heard... ages ago and I wouldn't mind seeing that... Cause I love Jack. And I know tptb want to wrap up SGU so it's not just hanging there in limbo, but I agree... SGA deserves a better ending. And I hate to say this.. they are probably happy that they can leave it the way they did. Atlantis is on Earth... with a great view, Everyone is "happy" except for John... who is ALONE! IMO Teyla is happy either, but I know writers will disagree with that.
                      Yeah, the new SG1 movie will heavily involve Jack apparently.

I think it's the worst ending possible for SGA IMO. On earth?! I know it's "Atlantis is coming home" but I find that a load of bull. It should be in Pegasus, defending the people there and not be on earth just because we got area 51 blown to pieces. But yeah, the writers might not agree with me here, maybe they feel Atlantis belongs on earth, who knows I wholeheartily disagree with that anyway.

Yeah, I think two leads of the show, Shep and Teyla, should get a better ending. Of course Teyla has her baby, but I don't think she's happy with her relationship to Ka'naan (how do you spell that again? There was that singer called K'naan, so now I'm confused ), so I don't think both of them are truly happy
                      Save Our Seeker!
                      LotS on LJ.

Comment

I heard something he said, but haven't read the article. Won't now either Don't want to be more depressed about it all

Yeah, the new SG1 movie will heavily involve Jack apparently.

I think it's the worst ending possible for SGA IMO. On earth?! I know it's "Atlantis is coming home" but I find that a load of bull. It should be in Pegasus, defending the people there and not be on earth just because we got area 51 blown to pieces. But yeah, the writers might not agree with me here, maybe they feel Atlantis belongs on earth, who knows I wholeheartily disagree with that anyway.

Yeah, I think two leads of the show, Shep and Teyla, should get a better ending. Of course Teyla has her baby, but I don't think she's happy with her relationship to Ka'naan (how do you spell that again? There was that singer called K'naan, so now I'm confused ), so I don't think both of them are truly happy
                        Yeah, I don't blame you... don't look.

It will probably allow him and Sam to reveal their relationship.

Oh I agree!!! I hate it and most of the cast Hates it. Especially Joe and Jason. I know they were clear on their feeling on it.
                        Yes, they definately need a better ending and I agree. I don't think she's happy with Kanaan either and would rather be in Pegasus, helping those to defend against the Wraith and also be back with her people. Plus, I'm sure John feels the same way. They've been in Pegasus for about 5 years and making big differences. They can't continue if they are left on Earth.

..... So need to start reading Homecoming to feel better.

Comment

On a different note, why is GW being an idiot and quoting quotes in my quote box from yesterday again

Yeah, I don't blame you... don't look.
                          Then I won't

It will probably allow him and Sam to reveal their relationship.
                          In my head they already are. They are just hiding it because of the rules. I'm serious btw

Oh I agree!!! I hate it and most of the cast Hates it. Especially Joe and Jason. I know they were clear on their feeling on it.
                          Yeah, they were very adament in their dislike of it.
                          Yes, they definately need a better ending and I agree. I don't think she's happy with Kanaan either and would rather be in Pegasus, helping those to defend against the Wraith and also be back with her people. Plus, I'm sure John feels the same way. They've been in Pegasus for about 5 years and making big differences. They can't continue if they are left on Earth.
                          Exactly!! I think John's new home is Pegasus, as he never seemed truly happy on earth (but that might be Vegas!Shep talking XD) and I could imagine him feeling very unnerved by being back on earth too.

..... So need to start reading Homecoming to feel better.
                          Need to get my hands on that one!!
                          Save Our Seeker!
                          LotS on LJ.

Comment

On a different note, why is GW being an idiot and quoting quotes in my quote box from yesterday again
                            Oh I hate when that happens.

Then I won't

In my head they already are. They are just hiding it because of the rules. I'm serious btw
                            Ok

Oh I feel the same and I agree. I've always knew there was something between the two and the deleted scenes from Trio proves it. Hee hee. I know you are serious.

Yeah, they were very adament in their dislike of it.
                            Exactly!! I think John's new home is Pegasus, as he never seemed truly happy on earth (but that might be Vegas!Shep talking XD) and I could imagine him feeling very unnerved by being back on earth too.

Need to get my hands on that one!!
                            Again.. I agree. He has a different life there and probably feels that he's making a difference there. Plus, besides his brother... what does he really have on Earth? Nothing really.. IMO. Plus, I'm sure he's worry about Teyla and the fact that she's seperated from her people... Again. You know he'll do anything to make her happy.

As for the book. I got mine from Amazon, but I heard some getting theirs from Fandemonium(sp).

Comment

Oh I hate when that happens.
                              Urgh, again..

Ok

Oh I feel the same and I agree. I've always knew there was something between the two and the deleted scenes from Trio proves it. Hee hee. I know you are serious.
                              Actually, the deleted scene from Trio was a bit of a setback She should have just said 'no' or 'yes' and not 'it's complicated', because in that she kind of said they weren't really together but they wanted to be. In my head, they just are
                              Again.. I agree. He has a different life there and probably feels that he's making a difference there. Plus, besides his brother... what does he really have on Earth? Nothing really.. IMO. Plus, I'm sure he's worry about Teyla and the fact that she's seperated from her people... Again. You know he'll do anything to make her happy.
                              Precisely precisely

As for the book. I got mine from Amazon, but I heard some getting theirs from Fandemonium(sp).
                              Thanks hun Will have to take a looksie. I still have three SGA books lying here unread, so might finish (and start ) those first.
                              Save Our Seeker!
                              LotS on LJ.

Comment

Urgh, again..

Actually, the deleted scene from Trio was a bit of a setback She should have just said 'no' or 'yes' and not 'it's complicated', because in that she kind of said they weren't really together but they wanted to be. In my head, they just are
                                Precisely precisely

Thanks hun Will have to take a looksie. I still have three SGA books lying here unread, so might finish (and start ) those first.
                                LOL! I know, they should just say it.. and get it over with. You know their having an affair and I'm sure Daniel and Teal'c are helping to keep their secret... until he retires.

Yeah, I should finish Death Game and I haven't even try to read Dead End. I think I'll read Homecoming after I'm done with Death Game.

Well, I'm off.... should try to attempt to get some things done. Maybe even start another fic while I have the use of hubby's laptop.
                                I'm so glad I got to chat with you today San. *hugs*

Comment

Working...
                                X