No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We really have a good mix of JT fans from all over...

Hope you all had good Easter.....

I've just been reading about the below average ratings for Space.. ah what a shame...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
      I've just been reading about the below average ratings for Space.. ah what a shame...
      I read that too. If only they'd kept at least SGA or even done the movies by now, the fandom I think would be more resilient to commit to a show like SGU. Not to mention that they have taken away, from what I've read, a lot of the components that define Stargate.

I still hope this will inspire them to make the SGA movies.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
        I read that too. If only they'd kept at least SGA or even done the movies by now, the fandom I think would be more resilient to commit to a show like SGU. Not to mention that they have taken away, from what I've read, a lot of the components that define Stargate.

I still hope this will inspire them to make the SGA movies.
        Even if they had continued with SGA I still would have no interest in SGU.. it just doesn't appeal to me ...

I still don't believe that we will ever get a movie and to be honest I only want to see one if the Franchise is in the hands of different showrunners... I have no interest in a continuation of Enemy at the Gate....as Extinction would most likely be...
        sigpic

Comment

Even if they had continued with SGA I still would have no interest in SGU.. it just doesn't appeal to me ...

I still don't believe that we will ever get a movie and to be honest I only want to see one if the Franchise is in the hands of different showrunners... I have no interest in a continuation of Enemy at the Gate....as Extinction would most likely be...
          I have to agree with you,

I watched SGEW, thought I should give it a chance, and did,nt want to appear, to myself to be sour grapes, it was so boring, uninteresting characters, and a wasted RC,
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lanaganp View Post
            I have to agree with you,

I watched SGEW, thought I should give it a chance, and did,nt want to appear, to myself to be sour grapes, it was so boring, uninteresting characters, and a wasted RC,
            Indeed...
            sigpic

Comment

We really have a good mix of JT fans from all over...

Hope you all had good Easter.....

I actually keep watching SGU because my husband loves it, but I just can't get into it. It is just completely different from the Stargate that I have watched for so many years through SG1 and Atlantis. I thought maybe after seeing the same ep 10 times, I might actually connect with it, but not happening.

** Haven't been here for a few days & don't really know what is going on, but all of us JT fans have to stick together. We all love this fandom. That is why we are here. Some people are here a lot and others come when they can (like me ) and that is fine. We are all here because we love John and Teyla plain and simple.. Since I really can't write stories (yet-working on it), I love to read whatever people write whenever they write it.
              sigpic
              Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
              Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                Hey kids...

Is there anyone who would like to take over the running of the VS6? I will help but I am really busy with RL. Cazz and I will still write episodes 10 & 11 if people still want to go on with the VS6, otherwise, we'll post what we've got and leave it at that.
                I'm happy to step in & help out.
                I'm only working 3 arvos a week (plus 1 morning of volunteering)- & I always find time for J/T!

If everyone wants to continue with the VS6, then I'll take over the running of it.

So just post saying you want it to continue, & if you're meant to write an ep later in the season, please say if you want to still write it or not. That way, if we do continue, we can organize the line-up, & if need be, find replacements.

Talk to you all later,
                Laura.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

I understand where you are coming from, I do. But when I first saw the previews of Atlantis, I didn't care to see it. I wasn't as adamant about it as others, but I thought, Sheppard is trying to hard to be like Jack.

But when it aired, I wasn't home but Mr. Camy saw it. When they did the re-run I saw it and was in love, instantly after Teyla was introduced. Sheppard was still not to my liking but Teyla...Teyla opened my eyes.

So, for SGU...
                  Spoiler:
                  I made a conscious decision not to even give it a try. As a fan of SGA I felt betrayed and I wasn't going to support it. That was my decision. Mr. Camy sees it and is still seeing it but even he says it doesn't compare to SG-1 that was his show, and Atlantis, my show!

I still haven't watched Vegas or EATG. I will someday. I have the DVD's afterall.

At this point, I want to see John, Teyla, Rodney and Ronon the most. Even if it's in a poorly executed movie.

The characters of this show was what made me love this show. The plot stories were not enough as we all know.

And as I've stated before, Joe and Rachel and the others are still willing to do the movie and if they are willing, I will support them.

And if these writers showed me at least that they respected me as a fan with keeping their promises, then I'd give SGU at least a glance. I haven't even done that. You are way better than I am Blue because I won't see SGU.

Yeah, I'm thick headed.

But I totally get where you are coming from. Totally. For me, it's more about just seeing them again. I miss them too much! I haven't found a show that can even come to a fraction of how much I loved this show.
                  Last edited by Jeyla4ever; 07 April 2010, 06:38 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, I watched the first 10 episodes of SGU. I'm a fan of the Stargate franchise first. I absolutely loved the characters, the plots, bad guys, the humor, everything. I wanted to give SGU a fair shake.

I didn't like SGU. I only plan on watching future episodes that have members of SG-1 in them. I so miss SGA and SG-1.
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Ok, let's start talking VS6 again.

Here's what we've got left out of what we've planned:

Episode 9:
                      Spoiler:
                      Rodney and Zelenka go to the mainland with Lorne's team to check out an anomalous reading.
                      Shep's team are supposed to have the day off. Shep and Ronon playing computer games, Shep asks Teyla if she wants a go, offers to hold Torren.
                      They find a device on the mainland, it looks already activated. Rodney tries to switch it off but it sends out an em pulse when he touches it. The pulse reaches atlantis, so the team know something is wrong and go in search of Rodney etc.
                      Is ep 8 the one where the ancient comes? If so, maybe she activated the device (oo! Look at that, story continuity ) Obviously there's difficulties along the way (yet to be decided ) and this could lead to the Shep breakdown idea?

Ep 10 & 11:
                      Spoiler:

Rodney and Radek are conducting an experiment, it goes wrong and explodes. The radiation from the explosion spreads around the city making it uninhabitable. The crew abandon the city and go to stay on New Athos with the Athosians. Episode 10 concludes with them on New Athos not knowing when or if they will be able to return to Atlantis.

In episode 11 they send a scout back to Atlantis, the radiation has cleared but Atlantis has been taken over by the aliens the team encountered in The Daedalus Variations. The crew has to fight to get Atlantis back.
                      - We do not know the real name of the aliens, Sheppard dubs them: Robocop.
                      - They are the aliens from the AU, they have come from that universe not our own, so this Atlantis is slightly different for them.
                      - They have a leader (undecided whether the leader is with them or in they’re AU)
                      - Possibly they are drones so the Wraith cannot feed off of them

12: http://community.livejournal.com/jt_...57.html#cutid1

13, 14 & 15: http://community.livejournal.com/jt_...96.html#cutid1

16 & 17: http://community.livejournal.com/jt_...51.html#cutid1

18, 19 & 20: http://community.livejournal.com/jt_...85.html#cutid1

Please read through, & let me know if there's any you want to change.

Also, if Cazz &/or Gator would mind PMing me the list of the authors for these eps, that'd be much appreciated.

I'd like to get this sorted out & back on track ASAP.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Glad you want to take over VS6 LandJ Haven't been able to read any eps yet because of RL, but was really looking forward to doing so in the summer

Also, I don't want to sound a nitpicker or anything, I really don't But there are those of us that might watch SGU and not hate it that much Could SGU talk go into spoilers? I totally get the frustration about SGU/SGA, I feel exactly the same as anyone of you, but I do kinda like it I totally get you guys want to keep on talking about it, but could that go into spoilers? Again, I don't want to be a nitpicker (is that the right word?) but it's difficult enjoying threads this way
                        Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                        Save Our Seeker!
                        LotS on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
                          I'm happy to step in & help out.
                          I'm only working 3 arvos a week (plus 1 morning of volunteering)- & I always find time for J/T!

If everyone wants to continue with the VS6, then I'll take over the running of it.

So just post saying you want it to continue, & if you're meant to write an ep later in the season, please say if you want to still write it or not. That way, if we do continue, we can organize the line-up, & if need be, find replacements.

Talk to you all later,
                          Laura.
                          Thanks
                          Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
                          Ok, let's start talking VS6 again.

Here's what we've got left out of what we've planned:

Episode 9:
                          Spoiler:
                          Rodney and Zelenka go to the mainland with Lorne's team to check out an anomalous reading.
                          Shep's team are supposed to have the day off. Shep and Ronon playing computer games, Shep asks Teyla if she wants a go, offers to hold Torren.
                          They find a device on the mainland, it looks already activated. Rodney tries to switch it off but it sends out an em pulse when he touches it. The pulse reaches atlantis, so the team know something is wrong and go in search of Rodney etc.
                          Is ep 8 the one where the ancient comes? If so, maybe she activated the device (oo! Look at that, story continuity ) Obviously there's difficulties along the way (yet to be decided ) and this could lead to the Shep breakdown idea?

Ep 10 & 11:
                          Spoiler:

Rodney and Radek are conducting an experiment, it goes wrong and explodes. The radiation from the explosion spreads around the city making it uninhabitable. The crew abandon the city and go to stay on New Athos with the Athosians. Episode 10 concludes with them on New Athos not knowing when or if they will be able to return to Atlantis.

In episode 11 they send a scout back to Atlantis, the radiation has cleared but Atlantis has been taken over by the aliens the team encountered in The Daedalus Variations. The crew has to fight to get Atlantis back.
                          - We do not know the real name of the aliens, Sheppard dubs them: Robocop.
                          - They are the aliens from the AU, they have come from that universe not our own, so this Atlantis is slightly different for them.
                          - They have a leader (undecided whether the leader is with them or in they’re AU)
                          - Possibly they are drones so the Wraith cannot feed off of them

12: http://community.livejournal.com/jt_...57.html#cutid1

13, 14 & 15: http://community.livejournal.com/jt_...96.html#cutid1

16 & 17: http://community.livejournal.com/jt_...51.html#cutid1

18, 19 & 20: http://community.livejournal.com/jt_...85.html#cutid1

Please read through, & let me know if there's any you want to change.

Also, if Cazz &/or Gator would mind PMing me the list of the authors for these eps, that'd be much appreciated.

I'd like to get this sorted out & back on track ASAP.

Thanks for the help in advance.
                          Cazz and I have written/are writing 10 & 11. I'm writing twenty and... i think 14? Either that or 16. Not sure. I will ask Cazz if she has the masterlist.
                          don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
                            Glad you want to take over VS6 LandJ Haven't been able to read any eps yet because of RL, but was really looking forward to doing so in the summer

Also, I don't want to sound a nitpicker or anything, I really don't But there are those of us that might watch SGU and not hate it that much Could SGU talk go into spoilers? I totally get the frustration about SGU/SGA, I feel exactly the same as anyone of you, but I do kinda like it I totally get you guys want to keep on talking about it, but could that go into spoilers? Again, I don't want to be a nitpicker (is that the right word?) but it's difficult enjoying threads this way
                            Done.
                            Spoiler:
                            I have and do no hold anything against anyone that watches this show, San. As I mentioned, Mr. Camy and sometimes the boys watch it with him. *grumbles* They just rub it in. For me, it was a very conscious and thought-out decision.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
                              Done.
                              Spoiler:
                              I have and do no hold anything against anyone that watches this show, San. As I mentioned, Mr. Camy and sometimes the boys watch it with him. *grumbles* They just rub it in. For me, it was a very conscious and thought-out decision.
                              Spoiler:
                              Hihi I know that hun I usually hear people say: whoever likes it, is stupid, then I raise my hand, and they go all: oh sorry! I don't hold it against you either for not liking it of course! I totally get that But thanks for understanding
                              Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                              Save Our Seeker!
                              LotS on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Hihi I know that hun I usually hear people say: whoever likes it, is stupid, then I raise my hand, and they go all: oh sorry! I don't hold it against you either for not liking it of course! I totally get that But thanks for understanding
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X