John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seldear View Post
    John and Teyla together isn't canon in the show. It is canon that John has shown repeated interest in Teyla, and that Teyla was with Kanaan at the start of Season Five. (honestly, the fact that he's not in the final scene while Amelia Banks is? that Teyla never asked Woolsey to stop the city, Kanaan wants to get off? HE'S NOT IN ATLANTIS, PEOPLES. FFS. THE EARTH LOGIC IS YOUR FRIEND.)
    Yes, Earth logic is our friend! There is every indication Kanaan is no longer living in Atlantis by Enemy at the Gate. In Broken Ties he's unhappy and having trouble adjusting to Atlantis". He's "with our people" again in Ghost in the Machine. In The Prodigal he's gone again, and then he's never once more mentioned in the entire rest of the season. He's not there. He's gone. That's the only logical thing.
    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
      Yes, Earth logic is our friend! There is every indication Kanaan is no longer living in Atlantis by Enemy at the Gate. In Broken Ties he's unhappy and having trouble adjusting to Atlantis". He's "with our people" again in Ghost in the Machine. In The Prodigal he's gone again, and then he's never once more mentioned in the entire rest of the season. He's not there. He's gone. That's the only logical thing.
      I'm all for Earth logic....
      sigpic

Comment

I think it could have worked if they'd killed Kanaan in Search and Rescue, if he heroically gave his life to let Torren and Teyla escape. But having not done that, it just didn't make sense.

I agree with what lots of people have just said -- the best way to do it now would be to have Kanaan and Teyla come to this as responsible adults.
        Yeah, and it would have given him some credibility as the man Teyla had a baby with.
        don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Wow. You guys really are getting into this discussion, huh?

I agree- the writers seemed to be utterly lost for ideas in regards to Kanaan. I don't think they had a real plan for him to be in it at all. It's clear he was dropped into the conversations back in 'Missing' to purely explain Teyla's pregnancy. We didn't get a peep out of Kanaan until the dream sequences in 'Kindred' (almost an entire season's worth of eps in between). And in S&R, it was clear they had no idea what to do with him- making him a coward so John could come to the rescue.

S&R- I took it as Kanaan didn't want to try & go against Michael. Presumably, Kanaan would know that Michael could over-power his hybrids whenever he wanted. And when he saw that John, Ronon & Rodney were there to help her- he tagged a long as a way of escaping but not actually having to do any work for it (I'm suggesting that he'd have let John & Ronon do the work).
          We DIDN'T actually get to see the ENTIRE escape- just small parts. And from what we saw, it was John who did it.

Kanaan barely was in it after then- only a few scenes. It just proves that TPTB just had no idea what to do- they clearly spent no time forming a back story for him (either on screen or off), & he returned to being only ever talked about never seen.

EATG- definately. It's clear Kanaan wasn't in Atlantis. I think he would've been back with the Athosians (who, btw- seemed to also magically disappear into the background again after 'Kindred'). It was clear in the end scene that TPTB were beginning to return to the John-Teyla stuff of pre-Kanaan era. John walks out & stands next to Teyla- there was NO mention of Kanaan at all then. (not even in the ep, I don't remember hearing his name?)

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
            EATG- definately. It's clear Kanaan wasn't in Atlantis. I think he would've been back with the Athosians (who, btw- seemed to also magically disappear into the background again after 'Kindred'). It was clear in the end scene that TPTB were beginning to return to the John-Teyla stuff of pre-Kanaan era. John walks out & stands next to Teyla- there was NO mention of Kanaan at all then. (not even in the ep, I don't remember hearing his name?)
            From this scene it did seem pretty obvious that Kanaan wasnt in Atlantis ... another moment where Teyla is next to John and Kanaan is nowhere in sight... but didnt JM say on his blog that Kanaan seemingly was on Atlantis.. more sloppy writing..
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
              He wasn't mentioned at all!

Which I think is another thing -- Woolsey asks Teyla and Ronon if they want to leave. He doesn't either ask Kanaan, or ask Teyla about him. Nor does Teyla say, "I'm sure Kanaan feels the same way," or the like. Either Kanaan is just luggage and it doesn't matter what he wants, or he's already not there.

I'm going to go with he's already not there, as that makes the most sense. Which means that now Teyla's on Earth with John and Kanaan is back in the Pegasus Galaxy! At least for as long as Atlantis stays on Earth....
              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Hwey guys, good debating I see, I like to read, but by time I want to say anything, what I've thought of saying is already said, so reading along is easiest to do

Now other then that I wantedt o apologize for those waiting on updates to my stories, I regret saying this but almost all of my Atlantis stories, save for several started by my nephew Tim and myself, are all on hold, one of them might be tossed out for ever for all I know.

I'm also working on a (hopefully to get published) story titled Ari's Journey, (title might change), a martial arts story taking place in a paralell universe of earth wherein man and animal are pretty much like English and German being together in one place. Its got some stargate elements but not much.

For one thing I really miss posting in here; so I have a challenge......

Name the top ten things Canoe (Kanan) would never say on the air

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                  Hwey guys, good debating I see, I like to read, but by time I want to say anything, what I've thought of saying is already said, so reading along is easiest to do

Now other then that I wantedt o apologize for those waiting on updates to my stories, I regret saying this but almost all of my Atlantis stories, save for several started by my nephew Tim and myself, are all on hold, one of them might be tossed out for ever for all I know.

I'm also working on a (hopefully to get published) story titled Ari's Journey, (title might change), a martial arts story taking place in a paralell universe of earth wherein man and animal are pretty much like English and German being together in one place. Its got some stargate elements but not much.

For one thing I really miss posting in here; so I have a challenge......
                  Good luck with your writing....

Name the top ten things Canoe (Kanan) would never say on the air
                  Do you mean on screen...?

1. Teyla... I love you...
                  2. Do you think Colonel Sheppard is better looking than me...
                  sigpic

Comment

1. Teyla... I love you...
                    2. Do you think Colonel Sheppard is better looking than me...
                    3. You think I can get 10 dollars/h for all this babysitting

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself..since well gee that's the only thing he has ever been

for number 2....Hahah I think that would be the most stupid question for him to ask...
                    sigpic
                    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                      From this scene it did seem pretty obvious that Kanaan wasnt in Atlantis ... another moment where Teyla is next to John and Kanaan is nowhere in sight... but didnt JM say on his blog that Kanaan seemingly was on Atlantis.. more sloppy writing..
                      Yeah but JM says a lot of things that aren't right. Unless I get evidence that K was there in Atlantis, then I believe he isn't.

He wasn't mentioned at all!

Which I think is another thing -- Woolsey asks Teyla and Ronon if they want to leave. He doesn't either ask Kanaan, or ask Teyla about him. Nor does Teyla say, "I'm sure Kanaan feels the same way," or the like. Either Kanaan is just luggage and it doesn't matter what he wants, or he's already not there.

I'm going to go with he's already not there, as that makes the most sense.
                      Which just proves that Kanaan WASNT there. No-one seems to ask Teyla about him. She doesn't mention him. Which- to me- suggests that none of them really care about where he is.

Which means that now Teyla's on Earth with John and Kanaan is back in the Pegasus Galaxy! At least for as long as Atlantis stays on Earth....
                      And we can all go "Kanaan who?" & have John & Teyla get together! wooot! (a (J/T) shipper's dream come true)

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Hey guys! Sorry I've MIA. Busy and therefore mostly lurking

But I just had to come by and leave a note. I watched Vengeance yesterday, and it struck me how Teyla was yelling "John! John! John!" when that bug creature walked on her and was going to kill her. I just went: awwww YES!!! of course you guys already noticed, but I'm not so good with remembering these things
                        Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                        Save Our Seeker!
                        LotS on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by SanGate View Post

But I just had to come by and leave a note. I watched Vengeance yesterday, and it struck me how Teyla was yelling "John! John! John!" when that bug creature walked on her and was going to kill her. I just went: awwww YES!!! of course you guys already noticed, but I'm not so good with remembering these things
                          John always seems to be the first person Teyla thinks of.. even when she is with Kanaan... Its sad that Teyla can't depend on the man she has supposedly chosen to be with .... but still knows she can always rely on John..

I think its this kind of thing that will finally bring Teyla to the conclusion that she is with the wrong guy...
                          sigpic

Comment

She does the same thing in The Missing. The first words out of her mouth when she hears the fire of automatics is "John!" (dawwww) She knows he'll come. She can always count on him.
                            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

She does the same thing in The Missing. The first words out of her mouth when she hears the fire of automatics is "John!" (dawwww) She knows he'll come. She can always count on him.
                              Indeed....
                              sigpic

Comment

Indeed, and not just in her moments of fear does she call for John, but in her moments of comfort she goes to John (SoW and DG come to mind)
                                What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Working...
                                X