John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camy
    What The Hell Is Going On Here...i Leave To Have Lunch And Now We Are On A Date Schedule? And Vb..why Is My Name Coming Up All The Time? Am I That Good?
    Ooh no!...It's Camy!....*runs around thread*hide the schedules.....

*falls down after getting accidentally smacked by Teyla's sticks*

R.I.P Wraithlord
    Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Oooh....tooo true...that's actually why I turned into a shipper. I was hands down seeing most of season one, until I came here, as a friendship thing. But when I saw season 2 I was like...woah and even though the kiss brought problems for it, it was excellent in character development of the two especially towards the end. It's rather an interesting dynamic.
      Wait a minute, ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT YOU JUST RECENTLY BECAME A SHIPPER? NO WAY..I DON'T BELIEVE YOU! YOU CAN'T BE THIS CRAZY ABOUT THIS SHIP AND JUST JUMPED IN SEASON 2....?

And just as you said CR...it could be the main reason why Teyla acted the way she did...I mean let's think about that. Your suddenly kissed by a man you call by his title, to maintain separation, than by his name. Then he kisses you, and we can tell Kissing must be something serious amongst her people when even Halling doesn't kiss Jinto or vice versa but they bump heads. Yes, father's kiss their sons, at least on the cheek.
      WAIT A MINUTE! WHAT ARE YOU SAYING NOW...? HALLING DOESN'T KISS? OMGOODNESS, I LOVE THAT GUY! HE NEEDS TO KISS...

Anyway that made me wonder...how intimate is a kiss for her people and what does it stand for. I can tell you, that I personally find kissing as intimate as intercourse. There's something about the act in any way shape that denotes this connection, well. Anyway back on topic...yeah I wondered at that moment to what extent kissing is found, and if it's done in Athosian.
      UM..NO VB! IT'S NOT THE SAME...NOT PHYSICALLY, EMOTIONALLY, PSYCHOLOGICALLY..JUST PM ME..I'LL EXPLAIN IT TO YOU....

What if it's a way of mating? What if John unbeknownst to him, just actually mated with Teyla....could explain a lot of her change in attitude especially. But going back to her face...I mean that kiss did a lot to both of them. Poor John looked like a fish out of water, since established that he looked like he wasn't unsure of his boundaries with her, and knows she's not like any woman he's been with before. Poor man, and then we have Teyla..who is like in shock and clearly needs to figure things out.
      VB..ARE YOU SERIOUS...? THAT WOULD BE LIKE CLAIMING THAT THE ATHOSIANS ARE MORONS! DON'T THEY KNOW WHAT INTIMACY MEANS AND WHAT IT LEADS TO WHICH IS CHILD-BEARING... I don't think that would be the case..and comments like this make me think that the Athosians are just some old tribal of people that treat each other like Nomads...

Remember, even if what you are saying is true..Teyla's people were not sheltered..they met many others in their trading travels and probably even mated with other cultures and learned about other ways...I see what you are saying, but Teyla's peole were once an advanced technological society which can only mean that they were once very powerful and influenced greatly by the Ancients..so, I can only assume that the practices of mating have to be similar to what we've seen in other cultures that they have visited..I mean she was able to pick up Shep's flirting with Sora and Chaya..so she is no dummy and she knows exactly what the boundaries are... in addition, every other planet that they have visited the woman throw themselves at Shep..so it's only logical that kissing is not considered something taboo or just for the plain and simple .....I believe that Teyla's reaction was clearly to what you stated before...she has considered Sheppard as her teammate and she has set that wall...she has enjoyed flirting with him and has accepted and responded to his flirting..and she has even understood his protectiveness of her..what the kiss did was put some distance in them..because now, it's not just flirting anymore...it's confirming that their feelings are not just of play and fun..it can be far more..and Teyla is clearly not ready....for whatever reason, she is not ready and doesn't want to pursue it...because I guarantee you if she had dared go up to him and kiss him in return when he came back to see her after all was over, Sheppard wouldn't have been opposed to it...and things would be different..in my opinion, she put that wall between them and she did in their conversation in Conversion...however, on the same token, she did turn around and playfully called him "John" which to mean indicated to him..."we aren't going any further, but we can still continue with what we have been doing in the past..." that is how I saw it, anyways!

It was like a huge neon awning 'No More TipToeing' but they do try their best at it. That's why I even liked the end...he felt a need to apologize to sort of make her understand....maybe so she knows and he hopes that no respect was lost and that their still on equal footing. But the way she was looking at him and the way he looked at her....it's like the issue was set for later maybe at another time. I loved her expression at the end....ugh I want to have a crush again, it's been so long!

I think for John it brought more anxiety and confusion...I don't think he understood that perhaps she was not so akin to the idea....but I think for Teyla it certainly opened a new door as to whether John and her could ever be something more than just friends...I think for John it brought more questions than answers and I also think that it made him think more on how he thought about her and what could or couldn't be..I think he went prepare for two scenarios...What if she does have feelings and confesses it to me?" he must have questioned that in his mind, and the fact that he went and confronted her tell you that he was willing to respond to it...I think something very telling in his attitude was when he stepped in and immediately grabbed the tonfas..clearly for me anyways, that indicated that he was nervous, that he was anxious and didn't know how this was going to play out..but he knew where he stood and what he was going to say to any of the different scenarios that could have played out...Teyla on the other hand, was surprised...and I think that if John hadn't come forward, she would have never brought up the subject to him...but because he did, she was very honest with him...with her words and her actions, she told him that everything was fine between them and that for now, she wanted to keep things the way they were..but with that little flirt motion towards the end, clearly she was telling him..let's continue with what we had before and then later see where it takes us...because in the end, I think Teyla is hiding things that we just don't know about..things that are clearly impeding her from moving on!JMHO...
      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=CamyDM wrote...

OH, DM...how did the cookie stuff go? Did you get some rest?
        Oh, I love how you explain that scene with J/T/W...
        Don't worry about VB..she is just a nutty person right now..and she takes it out on me! That's okay! I know how to calm her down....[/QUOTE]

Hi!

:-D Cookies...ugh. <ducks and hides> I still have about a dozen people to track down. Would you believe some people see a little Girl Scout standing in the freezing weather and won't open their door? It's not like we can't *hear* them running away. Sheesh.

Anyway, I loved that scene in Intruder. It made up for the fact that Teyla didn't get to go. But did I interpret it wrong? Was Teyla left in charge without John and Liz there?

Why can I imagine an AU fic with Bates still there freaking out that he had to take orders from Teyla? LOL.

I'm off. Have fun y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
          rofl......Caz, have you been in Mel's chocolate stash?....or had Camy been sharing her coffee with you...

Witchy..I'm actually going throught withdrawal symptoms and I was doing just fine, until now that you bring it up!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

where's my coffee? I miss the aroma...the flavors, the way it moved in my mouth as I took the sip of my cup..my lovey dubby heart shaped cup...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
          the shame...the shame..

Hubby says I was too hyper! so no more coffee! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
          That stuff is addictive..AND I WAS ONLY DRINKING DECAF!

Now, I know how Rodney felt!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
            Hi!

:-D Cookies...ugh. <ducks and hides> I still have about a dozen people to track down. Would you believe some people see a little Girl Scout standing in the freezing weather and won't open their door? It's not like we can't *hear* them running away. Sheesh.

Anyway, I loved that scene in Intruder. It made up for the fact that Teyla didn't get to go. But did I interpret it wrong? Was Teyla left in charge without John and Liz there?

Why can I imagine an AU fic with Bates still there freaking out that he had to take orders from Teyla? LOL.

I'm off. Have fun y'all.
            CRAP..was that you knocking on my door?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
              That would be a fun read! Not necessarily AU though – he definitely doesn't like her, and I'm pretty sure Weir did leave Teyla in charge of Atlantis.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Oh...me like gifts..

So to have a semblance of organization, and so we're not all lost, and everyone get's a chance to add their voice. Each episode will get two days (fair?)...

Here's a possible schedule....

'Runner'.....March 2nd, and March 3rd.

'Duet'.....March 4th, and March 5th.

'Condemed'....March 6th, and March 7th.

'Trinity'....March 8th, and March 9th.

If there's anything you'd like to change or add please feel free to do so.
                HA! FOUND IT!

WELL, WAIT...SHOULD WE DO SPOILERS...

OH, AND CAN WE DO LIKE PICS AND STUFF..

OH, CAN I DO LIKE MY PICFICS...

UM..WHAT ELSE? HMMMM....LET ME THINK ABOUT THIS ONE...

OH, WHAT ABOUT DISCUSSIONS FOR INFIERNO AND ALLIES COMING UP?

Okay, you guys are right, and I am wrong...no putting up a dead thread..I agree, way too many Weir threads...

SP..I'm going to miss you while you're gone....
                sigpic

Comment

Ooh no!...It's Camy!....*runs around thread*hide the schedules.....

*falls down after getting accidentally smacked by Teyla's sticks*
                  Thanks Teyla, hon! I knew I could I could count on you!

Witchy, where's that broom of yours? I'm going to show you another way that the broom can be effectively used for.......it's not just for sweeping you know...

Okay..so what are we discussing again today...let me go check out the schedule....hehehee
                  sigpic

Comment

Question. Does anyone remember the web address to the french site?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Panther
                      Question. Does anyone remember the web address to the french site?

you mean this??...

http://www.gateship-one.net/

hi guys...

today i'm just lurking cos i'm doing my homework for...hehehe...English...hehehehe..i have to write a short story...but i lost my inspiration...

...'Runner'...

Comment

i love the idea about discussing the eps from season 2...so for "Runner"...i posted recently the shipper pics...but may i do it again??

Comment

Originally posted by Annie Sheppard
                          today i'm just lurking cos i'm doing my homework for...hehehe...English...hehehehe..i have to write a short story...
                          I always loved assignments like that. In fact, one of my best originals was written for my English III class in high school. Almost no response to it on FictionPress.com, but I'm particularly fond of it.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                            I always loved assignments like that. In fact, one of my best originals was written for my English III class in high school. Almost no response to it on FictionPress.com, but I'm particularly fond of it.
                            i would love it also if...English would be my native language...i would have a good idea and i wouldn't have such a horrible topic...

Comment

I think I'd take it to a happy middle ground Camy... I don't consider kissing on the level that VB does, but it's different for me (being a sheltered person who has no experience it in). Anyway, no matter how you take it, that
                              Spoiler:
                              kiss
                              changed things between John and Teyla. It brought up a certain level of feelings, maybe even made them both realize it. But Teyla (or John for that matter) was really into discussing what had happened, not yet anyway.

OT>Wrote a BSG fic for CP English, got a number of reviews and my teacher really liked it. Even though he doesn't watch SciFi.
                              Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

goodnight

Comment

Working...
                                X