John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ninam View Post
    i think thalen was telling the truth there...

It would have been a total random thing to really say... How was this alien to even begin to know if they were close or what... If they were friends or something... So i think he must has sensed it or seen it within john..what teyla means to him... And by that i think he saw also a chance to take advantage on it.. You will make someone hesitate if there is a slight chance the feelings are mutual...he took a chance with it and took adavantage of it...but yes i do believe he was telling the thruth there...
    ita...
    sigpic

Comment

OMG!

Thank y'all so much for all the yummy,whumpy, munchable gifties!

I love them all!

Nina- The tv Rocks!, Sci- my new screensaver-of course!

SAF and Jess! OMG! The pic fics! *speechless*

MrsB! Georgous! I love the images, it so beautiful!

Blue,Donna, Camilita!, Cazz, Everybody! I know there is more family! I'm still catching up!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Btw, Gator, I so remember Bedford!
      1-800-Iluv-JandT
      sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Awww these are adorable Camy!
        sigpic
        Banner By Orangelusik!

Comment

Thank you Cherish...

Okay, I"m making a 911 John and Teyla call to our JT shippers.

I have a friend in need of some motivation to write because after seeing Season 5 she has lost her muse.

I need any and all information but Cons, Forums, JM blog and any interview that you guys know of to help her get back on track. She's an excellent writer and I can't disclose who she is but you guys know of her works and you love them!

So, please help me out here. I mentioned and paraphrased but she wants concrete quotes and evidence to motivate her.

We didn't imagine the connection between them and it's been confirmed that not only was it there, but it's still there and that's what's keeping me around still.

So, please help.

I also need the comments from the Season 5 commentaries that have anything positive to add to this. The comments from Gero in Search and Rescue towards Kanaan and the comments from Jason too. That would be helpful as well.

I realize I'm asking a lot, but I know you guys will deliver.

Please PM or email me any of these because I don't come here as much anymore depending on how RL treats me. AND THANK YOU!!

Glad you liked it Elfita!!!

I agree that Thalen knew and said the truth. I love what Laura wrote that he must have seen something in Teyla too! And remember that even Phebus mentioned that Teyla would be the only one to capture John...how would she know that unless in that kiss she gave John, she sense something !

Also, remember that this is all about what the writer is trying to tell us. There could have been so much more other dialogue here that could have turned Teyla around in Thalen's point of view, but like it was mentioned, the writers are trying to show us John's feelings for Teyla shortly after that kiss in Conversion, but most importantly and significantly in my view that it was right on the same episode that Pheoubus kissed Thalen while in John's and Weir's body. That meant nothing and it was nothing as to that confession from Thalen to Teyla.

JMO
          sigpic

Comment

I think it is Thelan Laura

I think Thelan could tell that Sheppard felt differently about Teyla to others, whether he thought Shep was in love I don't know, as I think John would at least realise how much he cared for her if he loved her subconsiously (like he does later in the series IMO), I think Sheppard knows that he cares for Teyla in a different way too but he doesn't realise what that means yet.

I don't think Teyla believe's him one bit, if she did then she would have said something, she knows she has a crush on him in S3 so she would have brought it up I think.

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

I wonder something..... of TPTW; which of them were Shep/Teyla people?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                I think Phalen was telling the truth but I also think he said it just to make Teyla hesitate. I would assume that it was the first time there was any indication that John felt anything to her... At least, In Teyla's opinion. He was quick to dismiss the kiss etc, so...

But at the same time, Phalen (Thalen?) must have seen something in Teyla to make him thnk that Teyla would care that John "cares for her more than she knows". You know?
                I know it was the first time for McKay. Did you see that look?

Great POV Laura.

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                I think Thalen was telling the truth there...

It would have been a total random thing to really say... how was this alien to even begin to know if they were close or what... if they were friends or something... so I think he must has sensed it or seen it within John..what Teyla means to him... and by that I think he saw also a chance to take advantage on it.. you will make someone hesitate if there is a slight chance the feelings are mutual...he took a chance with it and took adavantage of it...but yes I do believe he was telling the thruth there...
                ITA too.

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                OMG!

Thank y'all so much for all the yummy,whumpy, munchable gifties!

I love them all!

Nina- The tv Rocks!, Sci- my new screensaver-of course!

SAF and Jess! OMG! The pic fics! *speechless*

MrsB! Georgous! I love the images, it so beautiful!

Blue,Donna, Camilita!, Cazz, Everybody! I know there is more family! I'm still catching up!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Btw, Gator, I so remember Bedford!
                You're so welcome Elf. Glad you liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                  I know it was the first time for McKay. Did you see that look?

Great POV Laura.

LOL, McKay's face!! I'd forgotten about that *snicker* And Caldwell's too, let us not forget
                  don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Cherish4 View Post
                    Awww these are adorable Camy!
                    Lauren!!!! **HUGGLES**

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                    Thank you Cherish...

Okay, I"m making a 911 John and Teyla call to our JT shippers.

I have a friend in need of some motivation to write because after seeing Season 5 she has lost her muse.

I need any and all information but Cons, Forums, JM blog and any interview that you guys know of to help her get back on track. She's an excellent writer and I can't disclose who she is but you guys know of her works and you love them!

So, please help me out here. I mentioned and paraphrased but she wants concrete quotes and evidence to motivate her.

We didn't imagine the connection between them and it's been confirmed that not only was it there, but it's still there and that's what's keeping me around still.

So, please help.

I also need the comments from the Season 5 commentaries that have anything positive to add to this. The comments from Gero in Search and Rescue towards Kanaan and the comments from Jason too. That would be helpful as well.

I realize I'm asking a lot, but I know you guys will deliver.

Please PM or email me any of these because I don't come here as much anymore depending on how RL treats me. AND THANK YOU!!

Glad you liked it Elfita!!!

I agree that Thalen knew and said the truth. I love what Laura wrote that he must have seen something in Teyla too! And remember that even Phebus mentioned that Teyla would be the only one to capture John...how would she know that unless in that kiss she gave John, she sense something !

Also, remember that this is all about what the writer is trying to tell us. There could have been so much more other dialogue here that could have turned Teyla around in Thalen's point of view, but like it was mentioned, the writers are trying to show us John's feelings for Teyla shortly after that kiss in Conversion, but most importantly and significantly in my view that it was right on the same episode that Pheoubus kissed Thalen while in John's and Weir's body. That meant nothing and it was nothing as to that confession from Thalen to Teyla.

JMO
                    I'll do my best hun.
                    Oooo. I like that POV!!! Nice

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                    I think it is Thelan Laura

I think Thelan could tell that Sheppard felt differently about Teyla to others, whether he thought Shep was in love I don't know, as I think John would at least realise how much he cared for her if he loved her subconsiously (like he does later in the series IMO), I think Sheppard knows that he cares for Teyla in a different way too but he doesn't realise what that means yet.

I don't think Teyla believe's him one bit, if she did then she would have said something, she knows she has a crush on him in S3 so she would have brought it up I think.

That could be it too. So many good ideas.

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                    I wonder something..... of TPTW; which of them were Shep/Teyla people?
                    Huh???????

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                      Huh???????
                      Maybe I should translate into simple terms.....

What I mean is; of those that wrote the show, how many of them wanted to see Shep with Teyla in the end other then us fans? For an idea let us look at who wrote what script that had most JT moments in it. And then go off that in a percentage....

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

My thoughts on the "he cares for you more than you know" discussion.

1. It's "Thalen" [Gateworld has it as that in the Ep Summary]
                        2. You really have to see it from a bias point:
                        a. The J/T shippers see it as Thalen figuring out John's feelings.
                        b. Non J/T shippers see it as Thalen just being sneaky- & using what he thinks will stump Teyla enough to buy himself some more time. [the "cares" in his lone could just be him ref to their friendship- why automatically think its Love?????]

--------------------------------
                        Was up at the shops yesterday.

Target- orginally I was disappointed cos NONE of the SG dvds were in the TV section. Was shocked to find all SG-1 & Atlantis seasons IN WITH THE MOVIE DVDs. *mouth fell open- only to close when brain reminded me I was still in public*
                        SGA S5 is STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL $79-almost-80!
                        Let's hope it falls in price by the end of the month- my bday's Oct 1 AND I WANT MY SGA!

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Wow - everyone has such great points on the Thalen statement. I really do believe that Thalen could feel all of John's feelings and also know what John was thinking. I'm pretty sure Thalen could tell that John had very strong feelings for Teyla. Perhaps Thalen knew it was love but that John may not have quite realized it yet. John knew he had much stronger feelings for her than say any other woman he knew, but I think he always tried to repress them, mostly because of the member of team issue.
                          I think Teyla did not believe Thalen because she would think he would say anything to her so that she wouldn't kill him. However, I think it caught her offguard and it really got to her because it was such an emotional statement.

I agree with Camy that Phoebus knew something when she said she wasn't surprised that Teyla was the only one to "get" to John. Maybe she did sense John's feelings towards Teyla during their kiss. They both seemed to be able to completely invade the other's mind so why wouldn't she be able to see how John felt about Teyla. (esp if John was secretly hoping it was Teyla he was kissing )

Anyway to sum it up. I think Thalen knew even if John wasn't completely aware himself and Teyla didn't trust Thalen but knew John was in their somewhere (and he looked so HOT during that scene! )
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
                          Forever!!

Comment

Here's a question - sort of related - How do you think the ep would have turned out if it were Teyla that was taken over by Phoebus rather than Elizabeth?
                            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                              Here's a question - sort of related - How do you think the ep would have turned out if it were Teyla that was taken over by Phoebus rather than Elizabeth?
                              Question: Why didn't TPTB did this in the first place??? It would have made for a perfect episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                                OH MY GOD!! Now that would have been really strange to see John and Teyla running around trying to kill each other or maybe their hidden feelings would have gotten in the way and they would ended up really kissing each other.
                                I would imagine though that the tremendous tug of war going on inside themselve-one being to kill the other since Phoebus and Thalen were enemies
                                and the other always trying to protect the other and the feelings that we at least know John has at this point would really cause some were emotional scenes. Make sense?

I think it would have ended with Teyla capturing John again because I think deep down he would not be able to hurt her. We saw how he only stunned Teyla in TLG and then switched Ronan's gun over to kill and not stun when he went after Elizabeth. Not quite sure what Teyla would do with John.
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
                                Forever!!

Comment

Working...
                                X