Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
    Birthday Alert

We've got another birthday in the house, y'all!

TeylaJohn4ever's birthday is on October 26th.

Her favorite episodes/scenes are Spoils of War (the hug), The Queen (JT talk), and Search and Rescue (John's dream).

Her favorite characters are Teyla and John.

Her favorite types of fic are romantic or funny.

She likes any artwork that is JT or Twilight related.

So let's get out there and celebrate!

Other birthdays

WingedPegasus--October 23rd
    TeylaFan--October 24th
    Mayra--October 24th
    Thanks for the reminder! and for the links to the other b-days, i was just going to ask you since my memory is horrible lol.

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    Icons from this weeks challenge.

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
    Love them!

My icons;

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
    I wasn't too keen on mine this week I felt the love from Linda though

Wow guys!!! awesome icons!. Sorry i didn't get to participate and vote this time, i had a crazy week but dang, i did get to see all those wonderful icons!.

Congrats scifan on your win with the lovely team icon!.
    sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Well the new round has been posted up... wasn't done when I posted my links but it is now..so it's a new round for each of these...

Atlantis Pairing Tournament
      This is a tournament game just like the Atlantis Character Tournament. You pick your selection of couples, your top 11 and the ones with not enough votes gets to go up against eachother to see which pair will be able to go to the other round. If you think you arn't able to pick that many since well you may not ship so many then just chose the ones you could think maybe that would be ok or something. Read the first post if things are unclear. Vote once each day!!
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=59932&page=5

Atlantis Character Tournament
      A new game, that is a tournament between characters of Stargate Atlantis. Vote for your top 4 characters.
      Check out the very first post so you will be able to understand how this game will be played out.
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=59396&page=28
      sigpic
      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

New JT sig:
        Awww, pretty!...how i love JT

Hee hee. That's ok Linda. What's more important...
        Spoiler:
        is that we got to see Gibb's dad. It was a funny with his team finding out.

Thanks Linda.

Chapters 1&2 revised
        Not Just an Ordinary Birthday: Chapter 3
        (Linda: some keller dialogue )

Spoiler:

Teyla can see John’s reflection in the mirror and him struggling to keep his rage in. His breathing becomes heavier, his lips puff in and out, as he tries to contain his emotions, and his nostrils are flaring. She waits for his emotions to explode, but doesn’t do anything. He just stares at himself in the mirror.

“John?” she finally speaks up.

His gaze moves off of his reflection and onto hers. She can see the anger in his eyes turn into sadness as he looks at her through the mirror and his whole demeanor change with almost a blink of the eye.

The tension in his body disappears, his shoulder droop and he hangs his head slightly as he lowers his eyes. He slowly walks to the edge of his bed and sits down, keeping his back towards the door.

“John? What is it?” Teyla asks with great concern, but John doesn’t hear her.

She quickly goes to him and kneels in front of him. She reaches to gently stroke his upper arm to attempt to comfort him.

“Are you going to answer me?” Teyla questions him in a soft tone.

He gives her a confused look, “I didn’t hear you ask me anything.”

His answer surprised her, but she didn’t want it to show, “Oh… I just saw you go from being extremely upset to… to this. Is there something else wrong?
        Are you experiencing any pain?

“No,” he simply replies.

Ronon, Rodney, Woolsey and Keller walk through the door of his quarters.
        John can see by Teyla’s reaction that someone had entered the room. As they begin to approach him he turns to look at who had come in. They are shocked by what they see.

“What happened?” Ronon quickly asks.

John combs his hand through his hair, “I… I don’t know. I didn’t even know anything happened to me until Teyla came here.”

“We need to…” Keller begins.

“I know. You got run some tests,” John interrupts.

“How do you feel?” Rodney asks nervously.

“What?” John answers with a slightly louder voice than usual.

“I said… how… are…you...feeling!” Rodney shouts.

John gives Rodney a cross look, “You don’t have to shout, Rodney. I’m not deaf!”

“Sorry,” he apologizes. “Boy, he’s cranky in his old age.” Rodney doesn’t realize that he is still talking loudly.

“I heard that McKay!” John retorts back.

Rodney is about to apologize again, but Woolsey stops him as the rest follow John to the infirmary.

“May I suggest, Dr. McKay, that you and Dr. Zelanka go back to Janus’ lab and try to find a solution to help Colonel Sheppard,” Woolsey says in a very serious tone.

Without saying a word, Rodney nods in agreement and leaves while Woolsey leaves in the opposite direction to go towards the infirmary. As he walks down the corridor he radios the control room with his comm.

“Dr. Beckett is scheduled to arrive at Atlantis shortly for a medical follow up. Please have him report the infirmary immediately,” Woolsey requests.

“Yes, sir,” Chuck answers.

----------

In the infirmary, John is getting a series of tests done, which includes some blood work, a complete body scan and a hearing test. Teyla is pacing back and forth in the waiting room. Ronon sees the anxiety in her face and her body language. He walks up to her, but she ignores him and continues pacing.

He steps in front of her to make her stop, “He’ll be ok. McKay will find away to fix this. Don’t worry.”

She forces a weak smile and nods in agreement. She wants to believe him, but her fear prevents her from doing so. She recalls the sadness in John’s eye when she was in his quarters with him. It wasn’t something she saw too often, but when she did see it she knew that it had to be something extremely upsetting for him.

Woolsey arrives shortly he talked with Chuck. She sees the worried looks on John’s teammates. He gestures for them to sit down and he sits next to them.

He clears his throat, “I know you have every right to be concerned for Colonel Sheppard and believe me, I am as well. I have the utmost confidence that Dr. McKay and Dr. Zelanka will find a way to reverse all of this.”

“Thanks you, Mr. Woolsey for those kind words,” says Teyla.

“Not at all,” he looks towards the infirmary doors. “Has Dr. Keller come out to say how Colonel Sheppard is doing?”

Both Ronon and Teyla shake their heads no.

“I have informed Chuck, that when Dr. Beckett arrives for him to come directly here. Maybe between him and Dr. Keller they can find another way of helping the Colonel.

Both Ronon and Teyla thank Woolsey again and just as Woolsey is about to get up and leave, Keller comes out with John. They all wait silently for her to explain what’s going on with John.

Keller releases a long sigh, “Ok. Um… simply, what increased Colonel Sheppard’s metabolism yesterday has now, obviously, started to increase his aging process.”

John walks over and sits down next to Ronon and Teyla.

“For now, it seems like it has stabilized, but I don’t know for how long. If he continues to age, things will continually get….” Keller begins.

“Worse,” John blurts out. “She’s already confirmed that I’ve lost some hearing, my eyesight isn’t the greatest either and also arthritis.”

“That’s typical of someone that is about sixty years old, especially someone that live a life like you do,” tries to say with sympathy. “But… I know this is not what you want to hear, but at least you don’t’ have other serious health issues, like heart disease or cancer.”

John scoffs, “Yeah, you’re right, not something I really want to hear.”

“Colonel Sheppard,” Woolsey scolds.

“Sorry,” John halfheartedly apologizes.

Keller shakes her head to suggest that it wasn’t necessary.

“Can I go now,” John queries.

“Would it not be better for you to stay here, where they can monitor you more closely?” Teyla asks with uneasy tone in her voice.

“I wouldn’t suggest that he go off world or do anything to strenuous, but for now, since he seems stable, I think he can go,” Keller answers.

An awkward silent falls in the room until Ronon breaks it, “Why don’t we get something to eat. I’m starving.”

“Sounds good,” John replies.

He thinks of adding a “last meal” remark as well, but he isn’t in the mood to hear anyone’s rebuttal to his comment and decides to not to say it at all. It is so surreal for him. The age that he dreaded the most is the one that he would gladly be now.

Wow, poor John!...you wouldn't hurt him too much would you . Great update!, can't wait for the next part!.

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
        All this talk about motivators made me want to create a couple...sadly, I fear my humor skills are a tad rusty.

Spoiler:

LOL! this MP was hilarious! i really enjoyed it WP!.

Also, great RR everyone!...hard to keep up but i'm really enjoying them!
        sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Those are awesome Cazz!!!
          Who did the "Where did Teyla go" icon??

New JT sig:
          http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...t/JT-TLT-1.jpg
          Thanx Sci Pandora did the Teyla icon

Awesome sig

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
          Some more RR:

Spoiler:
          John continued to stumble down the darkened path; his only source of light was small wisps of moonlight filtering through some unknown surrounding. His weight on his good leg, Sheppard used his hands to grope his way through the endless nothingness. Feeling twigs, and stone, dirt and mud, he surmised he was in some sort of cave. Possibly a cave in the large mountain they had seen about eight clicks west of the gate when they had first arrived, he thought.

The echoes of his labored breathing were muffled in his ear while he fought to remain upright dragging his torn leg behind him, his upper teeth burying deep into his bottom lip to keep from screaming in pain.

‘If I can see light, the entrance can’t be far’, he thought, trying desperately to keep himself motivated.
          Love it

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
          OT:
          Spoiler:
          Hi ya people. I'm running out of MP ideas so i was wondering if any of you could help me out and send me some pictures that you guys think will make funny MP's. Otherwise i wont have anything for the upcoming birthdays I would really appreciate the help Oh and once again what program do you guys use to rip DVD'S Stargate atlantis ones in particular?
          OT
          Spoiler:
          Check out this tut: Music vids

Oh and I made your sig

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
          i was trying to cheer Myself up as i still have a really Bad toothache and its driving me Crazy this is Ot but i could'nt help my self
          Spoiler:
          http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/donna211_2006/Family.jpg
          Fantastic!!!

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
          Wow guys!!! awesome icons!. Sorry i didn't get to participate and vote this time, i had a crazy week but dang, i did get to see all those wonderful icons!.
          Thanx Mayra

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Thanks. I told her to do it, but she asked me to do it instead.

I see BLUE Lurking !!!!!! (((HUGS)))

gotta make supper BBL
            I've just finished watching CSI Las Vegas "Warick"....

Spoiler:

Wow!! What an amazing episode... if only the SGA writers could give us half the emotion for our characters that these guys get...
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the reminder! and for the links to the other b-days, i was just going to ask you since my memory is horrible lol.

Congrats scifan on your win with the lovely team icon!.
              Thank you Mayra.

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
              Well the new round has been posted up... wasn't done when I posted my links but it is now..so it's a new round for each of these...

Atlantis Pairing Tournament
              This is a tournament game just like the Atlantis Character Tournament. You pick your selection of couples, your top 11 and the ones with not enough votes gets to go up against eachother to see which pair will be able to go to the other round. If you think you arn't able to pick that many since well you may not ship so many then just chose the ones you could think maybe that would be ok or something. Read the first post if things are unclear. Vote once each day!!
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=59932&page=5

Atlantis Character Tournament
              A new game, that is a tournament between characters of Stargate Atlantis. Vote for your top 4 characters.
              Check out the very first post so you will be able to understand how this game will be played out.
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=59396&page=28
              Thanks for the link Nina.
              The ones with the different rounds confuse me.
              Spoiler:
              Maybe I'm just too simply.

Awww, pretty!...how i love JT

Wow, poor John!...you wouldn't hurt him too much would you . Great update!, can't wait for the next part!.

LOL! this MP was hilarious! i really enjoyed it WP!.

Also, great RR everyone!...hard to keep up but i'm really enjoying them!
              Thanks again hun. I had to do something with those caps.

Did you forget I'm a whumper too.
              Not too much.
              Thanks. I might attempt tonight.

Comment

Awesome sig

Love it

OT
                Spoiler:

Oh and I made your sig

Fantastic!!!

Thanx Mayra

Oh thanks Cazz. She so needs to show that to Linda.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                I've just finished watching CSI Las Vegas "Warick"....

Spoiler:

Wow!! What an amazing episode... if only the SGA writers could give us half the emotion for our characters that these guys get...
                Oh I know!!
                CSI: LV
                Spoiler:
                There were so many parts that I almost lost it. And I agree. I think sometimes with Scifi, the forget the RL types of drama they can do. IMO

Comment

Oh thanks Cazz. She so needs to show that to Linda.
                  Linda voted in the icontest so I presume she will have seen it

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Awesome sig

Love it

OT
                    Spoiler:

Oh and I made your sig

Fantastic!!!

Thanx Mayra

Thanks Cazz and ill put you're name on the sig right now.
                    sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Linda voted in the icontest so I presume she will have seen it

I'm shocked. I thought she'd be using it by now.

Comment

Well, good luck hun.
                        )[/SPOILERS]
                        it suxed. gr!!

nice!!!
                        Spoiler:
                        snurch?

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA......What happpened on NCIS.....spill
                        !
                        Spilling Linda!!!
                        Spoiler:
                        They found a dead marine in the back of an ally who *dun dun dun* came from Gibbs home town!!! Guess where they went?? McGee and Ziva met Gibbs father (love him!!) and began investigating!! How 'bout you just watch???
                        Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                        Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                          it suxed. gr!!

nice!!!
                          Spoiler:
                          snurch?

Spilling Linda!!!
                          Spoiler:
                          They found a dead marine in the back of an ally who *dun dun dun* came from Gibbs home town!!! Guess where they went?? McGee and Ziva met Gibbs father (love him!!) and began investigating!! How 'bout you just watch???
                          Oh sorry hun.

Snurch away hun.

Comment

Donna sig in MP form. She gave me permission.

TLT spoiler.
                            Spoiler:
                            Wow! That was hilarious

Comment

Great job Hun!!!!
                              I thought for sure you did the "Where did Teyla go?" icon.
                              I guess I was wrong.

Thanks Cazz.

I swear it gets harder and harder to choose every week.

NCIS:
                              Spoiler:
                              We got to finally meet Gibbs' dad.
                              Good ole John(Pa)Walton himself. Ok. You might be tooo young to know who he is.

Thanks Linda.

That's a bummer. It would've been fun having you join.

Have fun hun!!!

Thank you hun.

Those are awesome Cazz!!!
                              Who did the "Where did Teyla go" icon??

New JT sig:
                              Love it of course!

Comment

I wasn't too keen on mine this week I felt the love from Linda though :
                                Spoiler:

Aw, love yours! I love Lorne... I bet!! Did she snag?

Great job Hun!!!!
                                I thought for sure you did the "Where did Teyla go?" icon.
                                I guess I was wrong.

New JT sig:
                                http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...t/JT-TLT-1.jpg
                                Nope, wasn't me. Love the sig!

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                                Some more RR:

Spoiler:
                                John continued to stumble down the darkened path; his only source of light was small wisps of moonlight filtering through some unknown surrounding. His weight on his good leg, Sheppard used his hands to grope his way through the endless nothingness. Feeling twigs, and stone, dirt and mud, he surmised he was in some sort of cave. Possibly a cave in the large mountain they had seen about eight clicks west of the gate when they had first arrived, he thought.

The echoes of his labored breathing were muffled in his ear while he fought to remain upright dragging his torn leg behind him, his upper teeth burying deep into his bottom lip to keep from screaming in pain.

‘If I can see light, the entrance can’t be far’, he thought, trying desperately to keep himself motivated.
                                Excellent!

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                                All this talk about motivators made me want to create a couple...sadly, I fear my humor skills are a tad rusty.

Spoiler:

Heehee! Love them!

Donna sig in MP form. She gave me permission.

TLT spoiler.
                                Spoiler:
                                LOL, love that one, too!!
                                *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Working...
                                X