John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by melpomene
    *advertiser voice* Chapter 2 of 'Wake Me Up' now available at http://www.fanfiction.net/~melpomenemuseoftragedy
    Another great fic. You guys are on a roll!
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana

Comment

ok guys I'm off...it's late here for me so...see ya tomorrow...

Comment

somebody is hungry??... or ...oh...no no it's just and ...

Comment

*to who you are smiling so..??*

Comment

oh...ok now I understand...

Comment

ok I see you two would rather be alone...
              Last edited by Annie Sheppard; 03 February 2006, 06:03 PM.

Comment

happened after I go...

{Mod insert} picture is considered a spoiler{/Mod Insert}
                Last edited by TameFarrar; 05 February 2006, 01:05 PM. Reason: Spoiler pic added url

Comment

ok now really bye bye

[Mod insert] picture considered a spoiler[/Mod Insert]
                  Last edited by TameFarrar; 05 February 2006, 01:06 PM. Reason: added URL spoiler pic

Comment

Hahahaha...you guys are too funny!!
                    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Hiya...guys, this is gonna be in one of my fanfics..and the idea is this...

After watching several eps...do you think the amount of danger John is in and puts himself in will be detrimental to the relationship in the long run. Lately I've been noticing that Teyla's expression is always near tears when she's put in a position of hurting John and or John is put in a position of hurting himself.. Like let's take 'Conversion' the scene at the staircase and the shooting...'The Long Goodbye'
                      Spoiler:
                      the scene where she must choose him or the people at the base
                      , also 'The Hive' and a few other's in second season. Not to mention 'Inferno'....which was the icing on the cake for us shippers in my opinion.

I'm just noticing a very different Teyla..far less removed and far more emotional...I wonder if the breaking down of her emotional walls will pose a crumble of their relationship as a whole and stunt the growth of development.

Let me know what you think....it's something that's been plaguing me..I just feel he might be sort of 'breaking' her and not in a good way. Or maybe will this give them a chance to grow further and maybe...I don't know..give me your input!

VB
                      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Ok, here I go with shippy moments in The Tower. I missed the first half of the first airing so I may have missed some things.

Spoiler:
                        While they were walking to the tower Teyla was right behind John as usual, and when they stop she stops right by his side as usual. As usual they remain close to each other for the last few scenes they have together. (It is nice to have something we can always count on.)

When they reach the tower they have what I consider the cutest scene together. This is when Teyla finishes John's sentence.
                        John: Doesn't that look like...
                        Teyla: the center tower of Atlantis?!

When they return to the village John is asking questions about the tower. Suddenly he stops and looks directly at Teyla and she immediately takes over the reigns of the conversation.

When the guards are going to beat Eldred John and Teyla's reactions are exactly the same and they start off at exactly the same time with Ronon a step behind. During the standoff with the guards John keeps glancing back at Teyla and Teyla glances back a few times too. When Otho says that John must go with him Ronon and Teyla's reactions are immediately defensive but the camera remains on Teyla's expressive face. After the demonstration of the tower's drone Teyla and John exchange a look. (Loves how the camera deliberately focuses on John's face as he turns and looks at Teyla. Than the camera focuses on Teyla's face as she looks back and the camera lingers just a little on both expressions.)

When Teyla contacts Rodney, to inform him of what just happened, Teyla's expressions and the sound of her voice is a mixture of annoyance and concern.

When John finally contacts his team Teyla immediately asks him if he is fine in a shakily relieved tone. The high pitch of her tone and the tremor in her voice is obvious. This is in no way subtle. Throughout this conversation between John and Rodney and the conversation with Carson later on Teyla's expressions vary between annoyance, anger, and concern. (Which is perfectly understandable. What with The Hive when John and Aiden got placed in a separate cell than the whole Epiphany ordeal. Now these people just come up and take John too. I would start to get p*****off too.) Before John ends the conversation Teyla asks if he is certain he isn't in immediate danger with a fair amount of concern.

During the prayer, when Eldred mentions the Lord Protector, Teyla looks up. First, she gets an unreadable expression on her face and than concern flashes briefly across her features. Afterwards Teyla takes the initiative to ask some questions to gain more intelligence about this place.

An interesting thing to note is when both of them finally get in touch with Rodney. Both is first and foremost concerned about the other two and they both come up with the same idea to disconnect the zedpm.

Hope you enjoy the rundown!

Comment

It's a good thing! I think Teyla feels like she always has to keep a strong front , what I mean is that, she is a very strong person, but I think she's afraid that showing more of her emotional side will make her seem weak, but you can be strong and still worry, and worry particularly about one person. I think that the more she shows her personal feelings toward Shep, even a little bit, the more likely they'll both accept that they should be together. In my way of thinking, once that's figured out, everything else should come a bit more easily.

Comment

Only got one thing to say about the Tower....BP did a great rundown of the shipper elements of the episode...I read that post before I saw the episode so I was looking for them and I saw them....

I must say though The Tower sure did highlight
                            Spoiler:
                            the fact that Shep can now fight a fight without his handy-dandy P-90...hand to hand combat against a a guy with a poisoned knife and he came out the winner....It all goes to show that Shep's time in the gym with Teyla was not only beneficial as an excuse to spend time with her but actually had him picking up a few techniques...

I love the fact that these two characters learn from one another...now if only TPTB will bring back the John/Teyla spar fighting I will really, really be a happy shipper...

Okay...I'm now officially gone until Sunday night....maybe Monday!
                            Last edited by AthosianGirl; 04 February 2006, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              I just love how her voice was shaky and full of concern in that scene. Did anyone mention SHIP!

Thanks for the rundown BP, you're our royal shippy recorder of all things John and Teyla in the episode.

Welcome to the forum, I LOVE DANIEL!

VB, in response to your posts of Teyla's emotional defenses crumbling. I don't think they are totally crumbling in any sense. Teyla is an incredibly strong person. I think she is growing closer to Shep and when he is in danger, the pain of not being there to help is hurting her more, basically it's breaking through the walls. I love it personally and I think it will contribute to getting them closer together.
                              Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Aw, thanks for the welcome, Cpt. Ritter! I've always been a bit of lurker when it came to ships I like, I figured it's about time I really start supporting them!
                                Spoiler:
                                I Have to say, I so agree with what's been said about The Tower, when Teyla hears Shep's voice after he'd been taken, the relief in her voice, I'm just like: "How can anyone say there's nothing to that?" It's just one example of that real affection that we see throughout the episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X