No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SP, Camy & Doxymom, I love those ideas. I hope we see some of them on screen, or, even better, in fanfic (*hint, hint*).

And, Doxymom, I especially love your #10. I would love to see the SGA women get some type of action from other men. It's not believable that no one seems to find them attractive, yet the guys (especially, Sheppard) have to fight the women off.

vaberella, I agree with you about Inferno. The reviews were mixed, but I loved it.
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana

Comment

So, what dropped issues, threads, hints, plotholes or missing scenes would you all like to see them pick up on and finish, explain, or expand on?

Here's a couple:

1. What happens if John goes into Teyla's room and they're alone together--hey, now, not *just* that, PG stuff too!
      2. Teyla has obviously been in John's room because in her dream it looked exactly as it really does--meaning either she's sharing his dreams or she's been in to see it.
      3. Does Teyla spar with a LOT of people? We've seen her now with two Athosians, John, and Ronon. Who else? Are she and Ronon unofficial self-defense instructors?

I'll see what you all come up with before I post more. I'll be back later, though, have errands to do.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo

And, Doxymom, I especially love your #10. I would love to see the SGA women get some type of action from other men. It's not believable that no one seems to find them attractive, yet the guys (especially, Sheppard) have to fight the women off.
        Exactly my thoughts. It's really weird that not a single guy off-planet seems to look at the women as if they're even remotely pretty. On planet, well, I've seen some glances from the men, but nothing overt.

Of course, I don't think Ronon's been approached yet either, but you'd think men would at least *look* at Teyla as she walks by.

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
          Exactly my thoughts. It's really weird that not a single guy off-planet seems to look at the women as if they're even remotely pretty. On planet, well, I've seen some glances from the men, but nothing overt.

Of course, I don't think Ronon's been approached yet either, but you'd think men would at least *look* at Teyla as she walks by.
          I noticed that about Ronon, too. It was especially noticeable in one of the later episodes and it's yet another thing that doesn't make sense. Rodney and Sheppard aren't the only attractive men on the team.

If TPTB are going to show flirtations, romance, etc., then I would be more interested in finding out more about how the inhabitants of the Pegasus galaxy get together. Because the Wraith are such an ever present danger, I would imagine that the people of the Pegasus galaxy have had to grow up fast and because of this, there is probably little time for many of the mating rituals (not to mention restrictions) that exist on Earth.

For instance, I doubt that there are many virgins beyond the age of puberty because most inhabitants were probably raised with the need to live life to its fullest and would consider it pointless to wait until they found their one and only before having sex. However, I do see them being very open to finding the right one eventually. Because of this, Teyla could have had any number of romances, especially since she traveled a lot - even before the SGA team arrived. I want to see at least one episode that addresses this.
          sigpic
          Sig by Luciana

Comment

So, what dropped issues, threads, hints, plotholes or missing scenes would you all like to see them pick up on and finish, explain, or expand on?

Here's a couple:

1. What happens if John goes into Teyla's room and they're alone together--hey, now, not *just* that, PG stuff too!
            2. Teyla has obviously been in John's room because in her dream it looked exactly as it really does--meaning either she's sharing his dreams or she's been in to see it.
            3. Does Teyla spar with a LOT of people? We've seen her now with two Athosians, John, and Ronon. Who else? Are she and Ronon unofficial self-defense instructors?

I'll see what you all come up with before I post more. I'll be back later, though, have errands to do.
            1. I'd be interested to see what would happen? Would they have a honest chat about something. He'd have to have a reason, maybe Teyla was stressed after something that happens. (I love comfort scenes) HEY, just because they're along doesn't mean.... (you know what I mean!) I'd just love to see some of the things they do besides spar and go on missions together. How about a quick scene of them playing Monopoly, or some other game. (Movie night never hurts either)

2. I wonder what she was doing in his room? Sharing Shep's dreams... uhhh... are we talking his fantasies, because we all know what woman he really fancies. (NOT SOME ANCIENT WOMAN, TEYLA!)

3. It'd be a good question, I love the sense that she spars only with a handful of people. John and Ronon are good exceptions, lover and brother respectfully. Her own people would of course practice it, but do others? We honestly don't know, I'm a sucker for the romantic stuff...

Doxy, yes, I'd expect that myself....
            Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Here's a couple:

Actually I had thought about this today....you know the Athosian that Teyla was training in 'Conversion' I know she's on Lorne's team...did you see her, she was sort of in passing, in 'Lost Boys' when Lorne came back from looking for Shep and the others..

So I actually wanted to find out about that...mainly I can't expound on it enough...I want more one on one with Lorne's team and Shep's team together on missions...Or just eps on Lorne's team....I really like Lorne..it makes me wish when Ford was around he had his own permanent team..pooh!

-------------------------------------------------

As for Teyla in his room..yeah I mentioned that in a post..and she's probably been welcome cause she just opened the door when no response..it would be interesting..I'd just like a oen on one with them and his guitar. It's been something really bothering me, I think I'll write a short fic on it...him playing guitar and she walking in and maybe they make some beautiful music together.......she sings he plays what more could you ask for?!

--------------------------------------------------------

I don't think she spars with many people. Just those that ask for the help and practice. I noticed though that the military guys wanted to be trained more by Ronon than Teyla...and it could by why Teyla said what she said about gaining respect in 'The Gift'. Because when Ronon showed up there I remember what ws it? 'Duet'? He had about 5-6 military guys waiting for training and being trained by him...when Weir shows up in the gym. Teyla has taught the Athosian girl and also John...and she's sparred with Ronon..from waht I could gather she can take on Ronon....Ronon is very sloppy in his methodology if you watch 'Lost Boys' and that ep before..he's like all over the place. But Teyla, maybe because she's smaller, seems more deadly and very critical in her methodology and far far from sloppy.

This can be seen also in 'Condemned.

I'd actually like to see Zalenka or Beckett taking lessons from Teyla..they look like they'd be afraid of Ronon..(I'd take Ronon, Teyla makes it hurt)....

That would also be a good scene to see. Zalenka taking self-defense..I love it..but I can see him doing that after getting punched in the face by Ford in Siege III.

VB
              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

For instance, I doubt that there are many virgins beyond the age of puberty because most inhabitants were probably raised with the need to live life to its fullest and would consider it pointless to wait until they found their one and only before having sex. However, I do see them being very open to finding the right one eventually. Because of this, Teyla could have had any number of romances, especially since she traveled a lot - even before the SGA team arrived. I want to see at least one episode that addresses this.
                You now maxbo...that's one of my problems....I don't see Teyla getting into a sexual romance like that... I see the factor of livign life to the fullest, I wont' deny that..but we have no clue as to what age she took responsiblitiy of her people.

As a leader of her people..then the luxury of a real romance, beyond the life of your people and their safety is not an option. I can see her taking on that role and being very steadfast. Especially if with men from other planets. That would mean leaving her people in a precarious position, if she were to marry them. At least with the ATlantis situation she can safeguard them better, because she can keep them on the mainland, close by but also safe from teh wrath of the Wraith.

Again this the reason I see her specifically as virginal. And she's more masculine than it seems the other women of her culture, and she also is gifted with that Wraith sensor....I could see her looked upon as not one of them fully...but as the daughter of Tagan someone who is honored, and the gift a blessing for them to hide from the Wraith.....it would make her invaluable and damn near untouchable...

That's my point. But also we don't know the real mating rituals for the Athosian people and what they must do to go through the marriage acts...again I can't see another planetary giving up his life for Teyla or Teyla doing the other for him...especially her for him. In the case of John..he really doesn't have much of family way that we know of, back on earth, so if the guy had no family then sure..but otherwise..I can't see it!

VB

Comment

[QUOTE=Cpt. Ritter]
                  2. I wonder what she was doing in his room? Sharing Shep's dreams... uhhh... are we talking his fantasies, because we all know what woman he really fancies. (NOT SOME ANCIENT WOMAN, TEYLA!)
                  QUOTE]

I just wanted to mention sharing shep's dreams..just a round about look...I was remembering 'Home' and what the alien said about Teyla sharing in JOhn's fantasy..and we already know that he probably would have had sex with her..that is easily assumed by his statement.

But did you see the outfit he put her in..since he was pretty much projecting his likes on her? We get a good idea also on how John sees Teyla, she was wearing a micro mini...and I actually liked the outfit....with those sleeveless tops...I guess we can bet he likes her legs and her arms....guess he had enough of her belly.....he wanted to see a lot more that that uniform hides and the sparing skirt gives hints of....^_^

Comment

You make a good point VB, I would love to believe completely that while Teyla may have a had little romances, I don't think she would've gone to sexual procreation, if for no other reason then like you said, she's got the 'Wraith Sensor' (Where is when you need him)

And I bet Shep would like the same thing too? He's not blind, but he also loves the emotional and mental connection between them, in addition to the physical part.
                    Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                      You make a good point VB, I would love to believe completely that while Teyla may have a had little romances, I don't think she would've gone to sexual procreation, if for no other reason then like you said, she's got the 'Wraith Sensor' (Where is when you need him)

And I bet Shep would like the same thing too? He's not blind, but he also loves the emotional and mental connection between them, in addition to the physical part.

That's what I'm always saying....Bring Back Ford 2006....big time Ford supporter here...

But yeah the sexual thing is definitely muted..and now that you mention it and I forget to mention..Procreation..how do they look at it?!

I mean let's look at that...the act of sex is not, primitively, about enjoyment or the sharing of ones body with the other, ti's seen as a form of procreation. Something to keep reproduction. We already see that Teyla has a tight reign on her emotions, she plays no games or pussy foots around things. And this is something to pay close attention too....

What kind of culture do they have? Really?! I know for Hasidic Jews that sex is still seen as for only procreation..there's no real enjoyment, actually in most cultures, this remains a factor. What if for them it's the same? They marry to bond adn then of course procreate, to keep the people's alive. That would be one thing as well...too not see the obliteration of their entire culture. But taking in Teyla's role as leader she may see her place not as mother to a child..but seeing herself as mother to all her people..and as such she then gives her self to her people.

Much like the catholic butchery of the preaching and now priests are then married to God. How do we not know that Teyla decided to make the same vow to herself? In essence to protect herself, she is a logical leader person. She may see it as the best method, so that she doesn't have added worries to the group of children that already take focus.

Another thing to look at..is also, who is Tagan really? To me, I've been having problems focusing on Tagan. I mean I know he's Teyla's father..but then I wondered..did he adopt her? Or was he her biological father?! I mean there has to be something about that...I wonder what it would mean if she was not Tagan's real daughter...Tagan may have taken the role as focusing on the life of his people and then adopted Teyla...much like Ellia was adopted in 'Instinct'.

I wonder about Ronon's lineage and there's definitely not enough on Sheps life back on earth that he was by himself near the golden gate bridge playing heads or tails. And to see his life being a heads or tails things says a lot. I also want to see somethng on Beckett's mum...and maybe around there..

I'd actually like to see Weir on an off world sort of relationship with another rleader of a planet....I keep picturing someone near like Jonas....And they taking a small fancy to one another...

oh and back to Ronon...I actually picture some of the ladies on the base having an attraction to Ronon, maybe some of Beckett's nurses..hahaha!! I can see Ronon though with Sora, if they ever want to bring back her character...she would be great with Ronon....

Comment

I noticed that about Ronon, too. It was especially noticeable in one of the later episodes and it's yet another thing that doesn't make sense. Rodney and Sheppard aren't the only attractive men on the team.

If TPTB are going to show flirtations, romance, etc., then I would be more interested in finding out more about how the inhabitants of the Pegasus galaxy get together. Because the Wraith are such an ever present danger, I would imagine that the people of the Pegasus galaxy have had to grow up fast and because of this, there is probably little time for many of the mating rituals (not to mention restrictions) that exist on Earth.

I agree. Up until now, the Wraith cullings seemed to only take a portion of the population--unless the group was really small. So, it just makes sense that the humans would want to have as many kids as possible in order to be sure their own lines survive.

I wish they'd at least have someone talk about the dynamics of family in Pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter

I didn't mean fantasies, per se. We know Teyla has a touch of the Wraith psychic abilities. And John has the Ancient gene--Ancients who had a little telepathy. So, one could theorize that while sleeping it's possible they thought of each other and their dreams touched tangently.

He might have dream of showing her his Johnny Cash poster and she might then dream of being in his room seeing his poster. The dreams wouldn't necessarily be so weird that they'd talk about it and realize they'd dreamt the same dream.

Hmm. Sigh. So many plotbunnies, so little time.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                            Actually I had thought about this today....you know the Athosian that Teyla was training in 'Conversion' I know she's on Lorne's team...did you see her, she was sort of in passing, in 'Lost Boys' when Lorne came back from looking for Shep and the others..

I missed that. I'll have to go back and look at it. That makes me wonder if she's from Earth since I thought Teyla was the only Athosian on teams.

[QUOTE]As for Teyla in his room..yeah I mentioned that in a post..and she's probably been welcome cause she just opened the door when no response..it would be interesting..I'd just like a oen on one with them and his guitar. It's been something really bothering me, I think I'll write a short fic on it...him playing guitar and she walking in and maybe they make some beautiful music together.......she sings he plays what more could you ask for?![/QUOTE}

That'd be a sweet story. I'd also like to see him telling the Athosian kids more stories.

I'd actually like to see Zalenka or Beckett taking lessons from Teyla..they look like they'd be afraid of Ronon..(I'd take Ronon, Teyla makes it hurt)....

That would also be a good scene to see. Zalenka taking self-defense..I love it..but I can see him doing that after getting punched in the face by Ford in Siege III.

VB
                            I agree. That would be really intersting to see and I do think you're right that they'd go to her before Ronon.

Comment

Oh my...I have to try to catch up with all your guy's posts...wasn't online yesterday...so anyway here is my go...

What I would like to see for Season 3:

I want more backstory for all characters, especially Shep and Teyla....I want to know where they come from, their parents...Does Shep have any family left back on earth or is he just estranged from everyone...Teyla...who did she get her 'gift' from, her father or mother...and who was the leader of the Athosians before Teyla, I always thought it was her father but I read in the novelization of 'The Rising' that Teyla's mother was only taken three years previous...So now I'm curious....

It would be interesting if TPTB worked the Shep/Teyla dynamic to reveal more about these characters...What we do know about Shep, alot of it we found out when he was with Teyla...(loves ferris wheels, football, his 6th grade teacher, the girl who wouldn't go out with him and his friends that died in the military)

I also love to see more sparring...one of my favorite things to see...the connection between them is so evident...the trust...friendship...attraction...
                              In the Season 1 Atlantis compantion book, Jamie Bamber described the fight scene in 'Hot Zone' one of flirtation and sexual attraction...who doesn't want more of that...and I have to agree with the others who say that when Teyla spars with others, Ronon or other Athosians, there is not this same feeling...

One last thing...Shep declaring his feelings...Would Shep be afraid to say 'I love you'...there was a short story in one of the 'Stargate Official Magazine' that was dealing with the events that led Sheppard to the Antartic...It described his defying orders to save his men and the fact that his current girlfriend didn't back him up, choosing instead her career over him...(or something like that...details are sketchy with right now).

Okay...edit...not afraid...maybe disillusioned?

I can see him trusting Teyla and he would know that she would never leave him so yes he would admit his feelings...I just don't know under what circumstances would bring out such a confession yet.

By the Way...Love your sig Annie!!
                              Last edited by AthosianGirl; 01 February 2006, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella

Another thing to look at..is also, who is Tagan really? To me, I've been having problems focusing on Tagan. I mean I know he's Teyla's father..but then I wondered..did he adopt her? Or was he her biological father?! I mean there has to be something about that...I wonder what it would mean if she was not Tagan's real daughter...Tagan may have taken the role as focusing on the life of his people and then adopted Teyla...much like Ellia was adopted in 'Instinct'.
                                I don't think there is any way that Teyla was adopted by Tagan. He also had the ability to sense the Wraith and Charin made it clear that it was passed down geneticly. I think the reason you're having trouble visualizing him is that the show has spent little or no time tell us about him. He's nothing more than a two dimensional figure. It would be nice to learn more about him and Teyla's relationship to him as I'm sure it helped to shape who she is. The fact that she is somewhat of a tomboy and is comfortable in the company of men suggests that her mother died young and she was raised by her father. They had to be very close.

Comment

Working...
                                X