John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camy View Post
    I think your best argument here is that we don't know anything and like Steph wrote, we don't know Kanan and we really don't know what really happened between Teyla and Kanan that brought them together, although I think I have read in JM's blog several times that it was through the old fashioned way, meaning boy likes girl enough to bed each other. And yet, like Steph wrote also, I don't think that we are going to get much answers from this either.

In addition, Kanan may not have
    Spoiler:
    shown that he was brave enough to risk his life for Teyla and his unborn child, but I can't also help but think that John didn't go by himself to free Teyla either. He required the help of not only his team but also the Daedalus and even and ultimately Kanan. Why should we expect that Kanan wasn't being sincere in knowing that no way in hell was he going to be able to get Teyla out of there when a. Michael could clearly take control of him since his powers were greater than Kanan's from what we observed in Kindred. b. They had no one but himself since Teyla was unable to do anything and defend herself in any way. c. He was sorrounded by an army and in the middle of nowhere and just on his own.

If anything, I would think that Kanan knew that anything he attempted would only risk Teyla's life further and would end it sooner as well as his own life. That is showing that he was looking out for Teyla and their unborn child. I'd like to think that Teyla is not stupid in choosing her man, and that Kanan although no hero and no knight in shining armor, genuinely loves Teyla and cares for her and their child. That's really my entire argument here.

So, really what could he do when not even John took it upon that rescue on his own. Did you guys see John's face light up when Keller told him that Rodney was alive? He knew that this was a mission which would require team work. Why then are we asking of Kanan to be careless and unrealistic when the chances that he wouldn't even be able to walk out of her chamber without being detected and instantly killed by Michael was more the outcome than anything else he could do? Let's say he took a dart and left with Teyla, they would have shot him down instantly. The only reason why John was able to get that far was because they thought he was a regular dart and then the Deddy immediately shot the cruiser down. Kanan wouldn't have had that advantage.

One thing I will add, even though I wanted badly for Kanan to be this hero, to be this great warrior, to be there and fight for Teyla like I feel she deserves to be defended, like John defends her, in showing Kanan in this matter, Teyla has to wonder if this was the man for her and if this is the man that she can spend the rest of her life with. If Kanan was such a great guy, then I would have a harder time seeing her moving on with John or anyone else for that matter. If Kanan was such a great hero, then Teyla would mourn him even more. But, perhaps in showing this "weaker" side of Kanan, then maybe Teyla will realize that John is simply the one and only for her. And in showing Kanan to John, John will realize that he lost Teyla but that if the chance should ever present itself again, he won't let her slip by him a second time.

I do hate this plot, guys. Don't think for one second that I"m in favor of any of this. I had tormented Steph for months that this is EXACTLY what I didn't want to see. A weaker Kanan, a jealous John, a conflicted Teyla and a totally complicated fiasco. But the fact that feelings between either one of them haven't made it to the surface between either one of them, makes this more acceptable, because underneath all of the hidden feelings, they are still friends. Had they been more than that prior to this, things would have unfolded differentely between them. But no one has betrayed anyone and neither one of them have lost respect for either one of them, and that is what will keep these two together in the end. I don't like it one bit, but I think it still keep Teyla as an intriguing character for me and one that I still think the writers have maintained as much as possible true to her role. Yes, there has been inconsistencies, but that has been going on since the very beginning of the series for all the characters. These guys are pros in drama. But Rachel and Joe make it live for me! And clearly Teyla is showing that she loves John and that John loves her unquestionably. That to me, keeps me in this thread and in this fandom because the characters have to seem real and truth for me with the little that they give us.

so, please guys...for me this isn't about being right or wrong, and
    Again, I"m not defending Kanan, I"m just looking at it from a different perspective.
    Hey,a different perspective is good...And all of you give some very good perspectives!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
      Happy Belated Birthday Tey

Concerned

Spoiler:
      Teyla wakes up and feels extreme pain shooting up from her leg. She is almost positive that she broke it when she feel down the ravine. She looks and sees Rodney patching John up and Ronon on watch with his gun ready to fire.

She recalls John tell her and Rodney to fall back and run. They were being overpowered by the enemies gun blast. Horror filled her eyes as she saw John shot and fall to the grounds. Ronon motioned he to keep going as he swooped up John with one arm. As she looked back again to see how John was doing she saw the pain across his face and the the large blast wound on the side of his chest. Then the next thing was darkness. She had fell when she wasn't looking where she was going.

"John?" Teyla says with her teeth gritting in pain.

"Hey! You're awake," he smiles weakly. "How is your leg?"

"It is great pain, but I think I will be fine. How about you?" Teyla asks.

Before John could answer Rodney interrupts, "Not good. I'm having trouble stopping the bleeding. Luckily Atlantis dialed in to check on us and they are coming with a jumper."

No sooner did he say that, Lorne arrives and brings them back to Atlantis. They never got to find out who was shooting at them and why.

"Teyla, what happened back there?" John begins to ask. "I mean. You are the last person that I thought that would slip up like that."

Teyla releases a sigh, "I know and I am sorry. I suppose that because I was concerned about you I became distracted. It will not happen again."

John give her a small smile, "Thank you for being concerned and I know you won't."

After both John and Teyla are treated and released by Dr. Keller, John goes to visit Teyla in her quarters.

Teyla is sitting in one of her chairs with her leg propped up.

John gives her a slight disciplinary look mixed with a small smile, "You know. If we are to continue this relationship and have us both on the same team, we need to be more cautious."

She frowns, "I know, John. This is still new for me."

"That's ok. It's all new to me too," he says lovingly.

He grabs his side and winces in pain, but continues to bend down and gives her a kiss.

We can always kiss each other wounds to help them get better after each mission... if this keeps happening, " he says with a wink.

Teyla releases a small chuckle before they go back to their kissing.

The End.

I hope it's ok Tey. It was kinda on the spot ficlet.

Thanks Asgard.

Gotta go now. BBL
      *drools* BLOOD, broken bones, WHUMP!! Ok Sci you are off my "legs to attack" list

Mynthira is working on a fic for me though I'm unsure if i'll get much, though I DID treat myself to my numnber one fave stargate eppy (take a guess Linda, go right ahead and guess )

But.... no birthday green?!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
        I Totally Agree, I think.
        Ah, new term for the dictionary. THANKS!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          That's one commentary i won't be listening to

Have you watched missing yet...Do they say anything about Rachel
          I've just started listening to it...just finished Tabula Rasa...hrmm seems that where Ronon and John goes to the mainland to get the plant...when Ronon stuns John..when Ronon says "Never gets old" seems that wasn't scripted.. was just added by Jason ... I'll let you know if there is anything good on Rachel on Missing commentary...
          sigpic
          Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
            Happy Belated Birthday Tey

Concerned

Spoiler:
            Teyla wakes up and feels extreme pain shooting up from her leg. She is almost positive that she broke it when she feel down the ravine. She looks and sees Rodney patching John up and Ronon on watch with his gun ready to fire.

She recalls John tell her and Rodney to fall back and run. They were being overpowered by the enemies gun blast. Horror filled her eyes as she saw John shot and fall to the grounds. Ronon motioned he to keep going as he swooped up John with one arm. As she looked back again to see how John was doing she saw the pain across his face and the the large blast wound on the side of his chest. Then the next thing was darkness. She had fell when she wasn't looking where she was going.

"John?" Teyla says with her teeth gritting in pain.

"Hey! You're awake," he smiles weakly. "How is your leg?"

"It is great pain, but I think I will be fine. How about you?" Teyla asks.

Before John could answer Rodney interrupts, "Not good. I'm having trouble stopping the bleeding. Luckily Atlantis dialed in to check on us and they are coming with a jumper."

No sooner did he say that, Lorne arrives and brings them back to Atlantis. They never got to find out who was shooting at them and why.

"Teyla, what happened back there?" John begins to ask. "I mean. You are the last person that I thought that would slip up like that."

Teyla releases a sigh, "I know and I am sorry. I suppose that because I was concerned about you I became distracted. It will not happen again."

John give her a small smile, "Thank you for being concerned and I know you won't."

After both John and Teyla are treated and released by Dr. Keller, John goes to visit Teyla in her quarters.

Teyla is sitting in one of her chairs with her leg propped up.

John gives her a slight disciplinary look mixed with a small smile, "You know. If we are to continue this relationship and have us both on the same team, we need to be more cautious."

She frowns, "I know, John. This is still new for me."

"That's ok. It's all new to me too," he says lovingly.

He grabs his side and winces in pain, but continues to bend down and gives her a kiss.

We can always kiss each other wounds to help them get better after each mission... if this keeps happening, " he says with a wink.

Teyla releases a small chuckle before they go back to their kissing.

The End.

I hope it's ok Tey. It was kinda on the spot ficlet.

Thanks Asgard.

Gotta go now. BBL
            How could I have missed this little gem...LOVE IT! Awww..I could sooo see that happening.

Um...Tey...there were so many presents due recently....did I....did I....oh, dangit, DID I MAKE YOU SOMETHING? I can't remember....*bites nails*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
              I've just started listening to it...just finished Tabula Rasa...hrmm seems that where Ronon and John goes to the mainland to get the plant...when Ronon stuns John..when Ronon says "Never gets old" seems that wasn't scripted.. was just added by Jason ... I'll let you know if there is anything good on Rachel on Missing commentary...
              Oh, I haven't gotten mine yet...maybe if there are enough people here we could do like an episode review commentary a day or something...so that we can all benefit from your little pieces....just an idea.

do we know if the Companion Book came out for Season 4 as well. I"ve only gotten the one for Season 1. I know there is one for Season 2 but i read it wasn't good. And I'm not sure if there was one for Season 3 and/or 4.

I"m still debating on whether I should get it or not. Season 4 is really not my favorite season at all, but the irony of it all is that it's got some of the best JT scenes. I hope Season 5 tops that!
              sigpic

Comment

Um...Tey...there were so many presents due recently....did I....did I....oh, dangit, DID I MAKE YOU SOMETHING? I can't remember....*bites nails*
                I dunno did you make me something Teyla Centeric with lotsa lovely blood everywherebouts in it? Don't recall seeing anything like that though I'll settle for fics if you can write them, ya got untill this coming friday though at midnight EST (Earth Time, meaning it'll be about.... 28:00 hours my time here in Atlantis)

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                  *drools* BLOOD, broken bones, WHUMP!! Ok Sci you are off my "legs to attack" list

Mynthira is working on a fic for me though I'm unsure if i'll get much, though I DID treat myself to my numnber one fave stargate eppy (take a guess Linda, go right ahead and guess )

But.... no birthday green?!
                  ummmmm....my brains went to sleep,which is where i should be...Um Sunday??

Originally posted by NinaM View Post

Ok thanks Nina....I think the DVD is out in the UK at the beginning of August...

Well i think it's bedtime for me
                  sigpic

Comment

I dunno did you make me something Teyla Centeric with lotsa lovely blood everywherebouts in it? Don't recall seeing anything like that though I'll settle for fics if you can write them, ya got untill this coming friday though at midnight EST (Earth Time, meaning it'll be about.... 28:00 hours my time here in Atlantis)
                    AH, I"ll take that as a no...you didn't make me anything...are you sure!? There was one night that I made like a gizzillion things.

Fic writing doesn't come to me easily and lately I've been swamped at work and at home. So, most likely....don't count on it. I already own Laura a couple of fics, so nope...aint gonna happen. But artwork, yes!

What is your preference?
                    sigpic

Comment

ummmmm....my brains went to sleep,which is where i should be...Um Sunday??
                      DING DING DING!! We have us a winner that also needs to go to bed now, *goes for fireplace shovel* You want white Sheyla dreams (as in no whump or anything just good fun) or Dark? (total whump wars and blood rivers everywhere!)

Comment

DING DING DING!! We have us a winner that also needs to go to bed now, *goes for fireplace shovel* You want white Sheyla dreams (as in no whump or anything just good fun) or Dark? (total whump wars and blood rivers everywhere!)
                        hmmm decision decision decision.....I'll go for the white Sheyla dreams tonight...Feel like a little bit of fluff
                        sigpic

Comment

AH, I"ll take that as a no...you didn't make me anything...are you sure!? There was one night that I made like a gizzillion things.

Fic writing doesn't come to me easily and lately I've been swamped at work and at home. So, most likely....don't count on it. I already own Laura a couple of fics, so nope...aint gonna happen. But artwork, yes!

What is your preference?
                          I can't do artwork, you should know this by now Camy. when it comes to artwork I can only really do MPs... sadly my MPs got put somewhere on my computer during a system restore, I really shoulda set a restore checkpoint...

Anyhow as to what i like/want....

Let me think here, Teyla,.... Teyla Whump.... Shep & Teyla, Teyla & Shep being in a bad situation, major blood about..... Teyla.... Teyla Whump.... more of our beauty queen..... oh and did i meantion Teyla Whumped?

Comment

Well i've almost completed my upload of S & R......bulk uploader wouldn't work so i had to do it the slow way....So clicky if you want S & R caps...I'll finish the rest tomorrow!
                            sigpic

Comment

hmmm decision decision decision.....I'll go for the white Sheyla dreams tonight...Feel like a little bit of fluff
                              OK!! *WHACK!!! (right in the forehead for a good lovely Sheyla clean and white dream!!)*

Comment

OK!! *WHACK!!! (right in the forehead for a good lovely Sheyla clean and white dream!!)*
                                OOOOOOOoooooooooooooooh.........Thankf you kittyyyyyyyyyyyyyy *ZOINK*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X