John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
    Hi everyone!! Just wanted to drop in and say hello, I'm still alive, and a big CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS IN THE JT AWARDS!!! and thank you so much to everyone who nominated/voted for me!

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

OMG I am SO jealous!!! I didn't get tickets in time for the London show

Well that sucks. If it makes you feel any better I smashed my finger between a Sainsbury's trolley and a metal pole earlier today. That hurt a lot.
    Hi oh my poor. I read again what you wrote and everytime I can't help but do ouch
    Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
    Two icons

Your icons are amazing and I agree John and Ronon rock in the first one
    OT
    Spoiler:
    Well, I'm just happy we didn't get relegated, that's how bad our season was. Stupid Millwall... I wish I supported a good team!

Anyway... fic rec!! Thayne M started a new story:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4245973/..._Rhyming_Words
    Thanks for the link it's an interesting story
    Originally posted by outta-orbit View Post
    asgard and Linda Thankyou on the vid!

Ahhhhh the miserable moments in life--Ouch ouch ouch! …why do they insist on paying us unwanted visits.

In spoilers just in case:

Spoiler:
    I don’t know if this was brought up and talked about anywhere on GW before, but about this advanced race of people expected to show this season…what’s the deal with them. Are they good/bad.

Are they impressively advanced or can we expect another mediocre race of people like Larrin oops pardon me travellers. So dissappointed with how that turned out.
    It was never been about the travellers. Just Larrin.

Ok getting back on track, I'm curious about these people because I was thinking how great would it be if they were somehow tied to the Athosians.

Something like them being a large group of Athosians themselves who managed to escape with all of their peoples various knowledge during the Wraith attack that wiped out their civilization all those many years ago.
    I mean I think it would be great if we could get something like this for Teyla.
    I really like your idea it would be really cool. I just hope we really encounter a new race really advanced and all a civilisation, like the Genii and not like the Travelers
    Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Well i so hope they are so much better than Larrin the travellers...Um did we ever get to see them apart from Larrin *shrugs*

Now these people possibly being tied to Teyla...um not gonna happen...Why you ask?...Well lets see
    1.It doesn't revolve around Rodney
    2.Rodney is not the centre of the universe
    3.Rodney isn't Athosian
    4.Teyla isn't Rodney
    Have i forgot anything
    sorry I can't speak I'm laughing too much

It seems to me that sometimes ago we speak of a vid on Take my breath away. Perhaps I totally dreamt it it's possible lol But someone posted one vid on this song.
    sigpic
    Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Oy don't even get me started on Rodney. I use to love the character now I'm left feeling peeved whenever I see or hear how much focus he'll be getting while Teyla's left out to hang.

It's just so frakking frustrating.
      I liked Rodney too but now i'm starting to resent him because of the blatant overuse of him!

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
      sorry I can't speak I'm laughing too much

It seems to me that sometimes ago we speak of a vid on Take my breath away. Perhaps I totally dreamt it it's possible lol But someone posted one vid on this song.
      hehe,you ok there asgard

Wait...who's singing this....It doesn't sound like Berlin
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
        Love it TF!

Oooo, cool!
        Thanks Cazz! And I thought you might like the CG sig as well

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
        TF - Great icons. The one with Shep and Ronon is bomb.
        Thanks MrsB

Nice icons TF!
        Thanks Sorry - next time some Teyla for you!
        *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

"I really like your idea it would be really cool. I just hope we really encounter a new race really advanced and all a civilisation, like the Genii and not like the Travelers"

asgard Thanks. Yeah I just mentioned over in the Rachel/Teyla thread how great it would be if we could have something with Teyla and these people akin to what Sam of SG1 had with the Tokra via her father.

But like Linda pointed out, unless it revolves around Rodney it ain't gonna happen. So sad but true.
          Last edited by outta-orbit; 10 May 2008, 11:55 AM.
          Spoiler:
          sigpic

Whenever, Where ever, Whatever, I'll risk life and limb when it comes to you.
          Pretty Sig by Annie Shep.

Comment

Your icons are amazing and I agree John and Ronon rock in the first one
            Thanks!

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Thanks MrsB

Thanks Sorry - next time some Teyla for you!

YAY YAY WOOHOO WOOHOO......Teyla icons next time...WOOHOO.....Oh make sure i'm here before you post them,i don't wanna come on and everyone else has snagged them all
              sigpic

Comment

I liked Rodney too but now i'm starting to resent him because of the blatant overuse of him!

hehe,you ok there asgard

Wait...who's singing this....It doesn't sound like Berlin
                Yeah I try to catch my breath lol It's a new adaptation from sometime ago sing by Jessica Simpson
                "I really like your idea it would be really cool. I just hope we really encounter a new race really advanced and all a civilisation, like the Genii and not like the Travelers"

asgard Thanks. Yeah I just mentioned over in the Rachel/Teyla thread how great it would be if we could have something with Teyla and these people akin to what Sam of SG1 had with the Tokra via her father.

But like Linda pointed out, unless it revolves around Rodney it ain't gonna happen. So sad but true.
                Really good comparison and sad but true indeed about McKay. We really miss a good people enough great to interact with a lot of the main cast and not one person with another. I really miss new races But we can always hope
                sigpic
                Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

I'm sorry I don't say it more often but thank you so much for taking time to do it

It's great
                  Spoiler:
                  and Rodney go you're the best
                  I like it really great

Thank you so much for once there is someone who find what I say interesting lol.
                  Spoiler:
                  I totally agree and you will say I'm stubborn lol but I really think the problem was the lack of team. They are built (?) in realtionship each others so if there is nobody with them to see it things didn't change. Teyla didn't have flashback where she interacts with Kanaan... but she didn't interact too with her team to say how she is.
                  I really thought it was the same thing for Rodney I remember people telling that he seemed out and he seemed for me too. But nobody and not even John who is after all his great friend ask him if he had something. He broke with Katie but what was the interest of this relationship (even if I liked it) nobody care to go ask him if he was okay.
                  But the more obious is Teyla it's why Kindred was good because we had again scifi elements (what I missed) action, intrigues, team... But at first she had an arc which play totally off screen. She had IMO a lot of interesting screen time but it's true it has nothing to do with the arc.
                  I won't complain about background because for me it isn't intersting. I like what they are and the few we know is sufficient for me. We know now who they are and I want a construction in the future. I liked Outcast but for me it wasn't interesting. We know where he came but I don't think it gives something to me to like more Shep. Besides once more it's his backstory but he can't share it with another. I don't remember there was so much background in SG1 and if it was it was integrated in the story and not built only for the background. Besides it was occasion for good team moments (for instance Sam in Jolinar Memories) or Jack in Double or the one where Daniel and Sam were together and Teal'c and Jack and they lived again one traumatic moement of their life (for Jack the death of her son and Daniel the death of his parents)
                  Wow it's really long sorry to bother you besides it's only my opinion I'm conscious that there is a lot of people who don't think like me in the question of the background.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOM (in France it's only at the end of may)

I wanted to share something I've read and I found a little fun. It proofs that all the opinions are subjectives lol I've read someone who asked if there was another Teyla ep because S5 seemed to focus a lot on Teyla. I wish to be so optimistic lol. Perhaps in the McKay thread they think that there isn't a lot of spoilers for McKay You're not weird to me I like McKay too

poor Teyla she seems to interst only the creepy guys lol
                  Thanks Asgard. It's ok if you forget.
                  I liked your POV, nice job and I can't believe that people think that S5 has alot of Teyla. We hardly heard anything.

Thanks! Of course! I kinda tried out you style. . . Black - and then three caps or so, and the title
                  Yeah!! Snags away and will add to rotation shortly.
                  I am honored, thank you and I loved what you did. You have an awesome eye.

Hi everybody, quickly dropping in to drop off a J/T gift.

Also, to those who checked out the last vid, I can’t recall all those who did; so very sorry . But to those who did--thanks . I hoped you all enjoyed it.

I’m really addicted to making them hence it’s where I spend most of my J/T time.
                  I’ll be popping in from time to time to share them with you all.

Speaking of which here’s another vid I recently just finished. It’s way more upbeat and fast paced than the last. Took quite some time to finish ‘cause it’s my first time working on a super fast paced vid and I’m not really use to ‘em.

Anyways enough with my rambling. LOL. Hope you enjoy

Here’s the vid and the scenario behind it:

Spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm_UhkXJd8U

John's been at the height of his game since coming to the Pegasus. G.
                  Just kicking ass all over the place.

And on top of that he has the most awesome best friend and team mate--Teyla.
                  A woman he's had serious feelings towards for a while now.
                  He's always fiercely been there for her and she for him.

But of late he feels that she hasn't been, like she has in the past.

They no longer casually hang out or talk like they use to.

But he catches her spending time and laughing it up with others.

He misses their off time together.
                  So why the sudden change in her behavior?
                  To John's surprise, she's been seriously involved with some other guy for a while now.

WTH!

Well can't blame Teyla...she got tired of waiting for John to take an initiative.
                  And because she wants things to work out with her new beau she distances herself from Shep.
                  Why the need to do this, well she also has major feelings for John.

At any rate, Sheppard's hurt by this all (especially the fact that she's pregnant for the guy )so much so he finds himself not only taking foolish risks, while on missions, to dull the pain , but taking his hurt and anger out on Teyla as well.

Now it's to a point where he's questioning and doubting her every move and decision on his team.

Also any time spent with her is purely professional now.
                  But Teyla insists on making things well between them again.
                  Why because she's Teyla and though she's with some other guy she still loves John.
                  But with her trying to make things better between them John is uncomfortable because it involves her being in close proximity. Naturally this does not make it very easy for him to get over her.
                  In any case, she tries over and over despite his being mean, and in the very end she proves and he sees that she's still his Teyla and that she'll always be there for him.

Oh and I feel like such a complete doofus . I just checked my PM box (which I’m just horrible at keeping up with) and found out that I was nominated for the John Teyla awards. Unfortunately, I totally missed out on it.

But to whomever it was out there that put me up for a nom thank you. I truly appreciate it.

Okay now i'm really done rambling.
                  Thanks Outta Orbit. I will watch as soon as I can.

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                  *gasp* I wrote a fic

*double gasp* It's actually Shelya-ish

*triple gasp* Here it is: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4247879/...Chocolate_Cake

*passes out*
                  Thanks Jess. As soon as I catch up I will read your fic. I know I will love it.

Huh,i thought Mother's day was March

OT
                  Spoiler:
                  I think $4.00 is like £2.00 or £2.20 something like that!

Nice icons btw!
                  In the states it's the 2nd Sunday in May. I think England was in March.
                  Thanks Linda.
                  OT
                  Spoiler:
                  It's so awful that they have it that high. And you know that the oil companies aren't hurting over this.

Both are so hot!!!

OT
                  Spoiler:
                  Well, I'm just happy we didn't get relegated, that's how bad our season was. Stupid Millwall... I wish I supported a good team!

Anyway... fic rec!! Thayne M started a new story:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4245973/..._Rhyming_Words
                  Thanks Ruby for the fic rec.

Comment

Yeah I try to catch my breath lol It's a new adaptation from sometime ago sing by Jessica Simpson

Really good comparison and sad but true indeed about McKay. We really miss a good people enough great to interact with a lot of the main cast and not one person with another. I really miss new races But we can always hope
                    hmmm i don't like her singing it...I prefer Berlin!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                      In the states it's the 2nd Sunday in May. I think England was in March.
                      Thanks Linda.
                      OT
                      Spoiler:
                      It's so awful that they have it that high. And you know that the oil companies aren't hurting over this.

Britain sci....Britain it's in March! Remember i'm from Scotland!

OT
                      Spoiler:
                      Yeah the oil company's are makin millions profit a minute!

Nina i've been sitting waiting patiently for the links to the games...yeah i know,i'm too lazy to go look for them....anywho thank you!
                      sigpic

Comment

I saw that vid. It's awesome

As frustrated as I am about it. I do have it, and in droves when it comes to J/T.
                        Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Whenever, Where ever, Whatever, I'll risk life and limb when it comes to you.
                        Pretty Sig by Annie Shep.

Comment

Thanks!

And Sariana did another great vid on Teyla with the music of Titanic.
                          Spoiler:
                          [URL="http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=AbZaAgha-uk"]http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=AbZaAgha-uk[/URL
                          ]
                          sigpic
                          Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

And Sariana did another great vid on Teyla with the music of Titanic.
                            ]
                            Is that my heart will go on..Please tell me it's Celine Dion that's singing it if it is!
                            sigpic

Comment

YAY YAY WOOHOO WOOHOO......Teyla icons next time...WOOHOO.....Oh make sure i'm here before you post them,i don't wanna come on and everyone else has snagged them all
                              LLOL Ok, I promise to wait till you're online to post them

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                              Yeah!! Snags away and will add to rotation shortly.
                              I am honored, thank you and I loved what you did. You have an awesome eye.

Both are so hot!!!
                              Thanks sci Aww, well - you do too

Thanks! All yours if you like

I'm off - night everyone!

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

*forehead and palm collide*

Forgot to say Congrats to all winners in the JT Awards!!! I'm proud to say that quite a few I voted for ended up winning

I did! I can tell everyone is shocked Must have missed the quote off

Sorry being a scatter brain at the mo! Blame it on my producer I've only just eaten for the first time today I didn't get breakfast cos I had to friends staying over and then I sent my producer off to get sandwiches for lunch; gave him a list of the orders and my own money to buy them all. Which was the only sandwich missing when he came back! Mine Just glad that my stomach rumbling didn't get recorded

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Working...
                                X