John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOOD Morning...SP...

AG...you know I am just kidding, right? I WOVE you no matter what!

Okay..If my sources are correct, and If I got my sources correct...it is Joe Flannigan's B-day....so, here are some of the pics that I have found that I just love between him and Teyla...maybe we should do episode by episode all day and all weekends...sounds good?

Okay..I'll start with this one..it's not from the first ep..it's from HOt Zone...

SP..maybe you can display some of your awesome work....in honor of Joe's B-Day....

I love this pic...there is actually one better that shows the two of them with a big smile..I'll see if I can find it...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE...WE LOVE YOU!
    sigpic

Comment

Mornin' Camy! Yeah, I think I'm going to work on some graphics, and my sister gave me a plotbunny for a little fic involving Shep and a pair of boots...we'll see what happens!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
        Since its all about Joe today...

Here is what Teyla dreams about!
        http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8223/untitled4rm.png

Shep a man of action!!!

Oh, my word...Those shades behind that Face! HAY QUE CARA MAS BELLA!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
          Mornin' Camy! Yeah, I think I'm going to work on some graphics, and my sister gave me a plotbunny for a little fic involving Shep and a pair of boots...we'll see what happens!
          Oh, good little sis...where is she by the way...?

Give her a big hug..from Momma...and of course..Shep and Teyla say Hi....
          I don't know who did this..but I love it!
          sigpic

Comment

She's busy with her piles of eighth-grade homework, so I'll be sure to pass along the hug. Oh and I might steal some of those piccies, Camy.... :;SP sneaks off with the pictures and hides them under the couch:: Hee.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

Okay, before I sign off for a while, I wanted to give the link to a very, very well-written post on "TLG" thread. Definitely contains spoilers (obviously), but it talks about the fact that TPTB seem to consistently take the easy way out when it comes to plot resolution and character development. Definitely worth a look, and it specifically deals with Teyla (and S/T) in this episode if that piques your interest! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...83#post4791383

Comment

Okay, before I sign off for a while, I wanted to give the link to a very, very well-written post on "TLG" thread. Definitely contains spoilers (obviously), but it talks about the fact that TPTB seem to consistently take the easy way out when it comes to plot resolution and character development. Definitely worth a look, and it specifically deals with Teyla (and S/T) in this episode if that piques your interest! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...83#post4791383
                I love this..SP...I kind of agree with some and disagree..yes there was the opportunity of a lifetime..but if it is resolved right now, it would lead to what they don't want to do and what I think is not ready to do yet in the series....have both John and Teyla admit their true undying love for one another...but, I'll write more about this later...this is a good discussion point...gotta go...
                sigpic

Comment

Morning!...actually it's almost after noon here...but hey!....

Thanks for the post Snogging, there's some good points in there. I never realized it before but they do use that copout a few times. Disappointing.

R.I.P Wraithlord
                  Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                    OH, don't put a dummy...we can always aim really good at the real thing...Ooops..just kidding...*bad Camy, BAD*

don't mind my sarcastic sense of humor...

Seriously,
                    I hated Atlantis when I sat through the first maybe 10 minutes of the pilot...I had no idea of GW or anything in relation to anything about online...so it was purely based on my assumption of Sheppard....he seemed like a fake version of Jack..and I LOVE Jack and still do..so I didn't watch it..hubby did..
                    When the next round of episodes came, actually the reruns before the next half of the season, I sat and saw Hide and Seek..and OH MY! I almost died when I saw him with Teyla reading the stories to the Athosian kids..and I kept asking hubby, who is this and what is that and why are they doing this and what....?????
                    when I saw John chase Teyla and gave her that UMPH smile and she just smiled right back at him...I Saw the SPARK..and the fireworks and have been totally in love with them ever since.....it was just so innocent..so sweet....so gentle...so puppy dog like...so cute...

My husband and I were friends for one whole year, actually almost two before we had any sparks...well he says that he had his sparks the minute he saw this hot chicky momma...of course...but I didn't...but then we just became friends,cause he claims that I was a stuck up snob! Well, I was!
                    so, when my sister and her now husband had a bridal shower for both of them, my hubby and I *just friends at the time* did a little comical skit in which we made fun of my sis and her fiancee..it was a hit..people were laughing their heads off..Okay, I am getting to a point here..I think...
                    He says that the SPARKS for him came after that skit when he came over and pulled me close to him and just HUGGED me....CRAZY I know...But he swears that literally there were sparks shooting off in every direction...yeah, I have to ask him specifically where those sparks were from..*clears throat*

When I see this scene with John and Teyla and they way he shares something so personal and meaningful to her, I think of the SPARK that my husband and I found in the middle of doing something for others..He went to tell the story to her Athosians kids...She wanted to know more about his football game..They share a moment very personal, very close and very interactive...Yes, it was the beginning of a friendship...but it goes beyond that in my point of view...it goes into the personal and into the deep desires and hidden meaning of each other...it goes into the core of what makes them keep going....of what makes them alive...for Teyla is her people...they define her..they motivate her...they are the reason why she is who she is...for John like he say...football is the ultimate game that goes beyond the game and is the parody of what he is doing in Atlantis...the Hail Mary in his life...you can't get deeper than this in such a few minutes of knowing someone without an underlying feeling that subconsciously there is more to meet the eyes..there is more than they even realize....it is the beginning of a deep and profound relationship that with the right SPARK it can grow into so much more..and for me, after viewing the Rising and the other episodes, I see the bond, the trust, the concern, the respect, similarities and differences that binds and connects..that explodes and emits the feelings that these two have for one another...
                    Woah Camy.... thats awesome... you've basically summed up the whole ship.
                    Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

I have two words for you...Sam and Jack. Okay three words. What I mean is very little seems to have changed from SG1 to Atlantis, especially with John and Teyla. I'm still pining for those all too few character development moments and still sighing deeply that they remain ambiguous, open to interpretation and largely forgotton by next week's episode.

I hate to be downbeat but I honestly don't think I can take another seven seasons of furtive glances and non-committal flirting. Honestly, I think the most engaging episodes of Stargate have been those where emotions run high and character relationships (romantic or otherwise) get a little more gritty. The writers and actors obviously have the talent and range to accomplish more than just your average sit-com - let them try for the love of God.

Comment

I just realized a few things about The Long Goodbye

Spoiler:
                        Before the famous "he cares for you more than you know" line occurs, there is a scene which could explain how Helan (or whatever john's aline's name was) found this out, if there was in fact some truth to the statement.

There is a scene where John, or the alien rather, shoots and stuns Teyla. Also taking into accoun how when Ronnon was hurt John was apparently, to quote the alien's words "screaming in my head right now like you couldn't believe", well just imagine how he would have reacted to the strike against Teyla.

I know it's not really much, but it is a little food for shippy thoughts.
                        Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Deborah
                          I have two words for you...Sam and Jack. Okay three words. What I mean is very little seems to have changed from SG1 to Atlantis, especially with John and Teyla. I'm still pining for those all too few character development moments and still sighing deeply that they remain ambiguous, open to interpretation and largely forgotton by next week's episode.
                          Oh yes, Sam and Jack...my first ship ever and also one that I am still heartbroken over. I'm crossing my fingers for season ten, but yeah, it seems that this ship pattern may have been reincarnated in Atlantis. The whole thing with character moments and plot points being brought up, resolved, and never referenced again is definitely annoying. Even just a few throwaway lines in a later ep to reference it would be enough -- the writers have to realize that these are human beings, and there will be consequences for what happens. That needs to come through a bit more.

I hate to be downbeat but I honestly don't think I can take another seven seasons of furtive glances and non-committal flirting. Honestly, I think the most engaging episodes of Stargate have been those where emotions run high and character relationships (romantic or otherwise) get a little more gritty. The writers and actors obviously have the talent and range to accomplish more than just your average sit-com - let them try for the love of God.
                          Ack, I know! It's definitely frustrating (especially after dealing with and rooting for S/J for years and years), and the fact that they seem to be yanking us around between ship camps doesn't help anything. When relationships are stretched, strained, and forced to change it makes for really, really great stuff -- and the actors most certainly have the talent to show that off. That's why I'm crossing my fingers so hard for a follow-up to "Trinity" next season. If the events of that ep come back to bite the characters in the butt, there would be some really wonderful opportunity for disagreement, angst, and growth. ::sigh:: Probably won't happen, but I'm still praying!

Comment

In honor of Joe's birthday, here's another S/T sig that anyone can take if they want as well as a Teyla icon I finished. Whatever I post is free for the snagging. Oh, and Camy, I'll be starting work on your icon tonight. I'll probably make a couple of them and let you have first pic before posting the rest at LJ. PM me if you think of any certain picture/scene/wording that you'd like, but I'm going to assume anything S/T is fair game!

Comment

The server's going wonky again. I've been trying to respond to the many great posts by quoting them individually, but by the time I finish - I can't post. UGGHH!!

So, I'll keep this short.

I love reading posts about what attracted people to their ships (or favorite characters) and several of you have really outdone yourselves by providing moving and vivid explanations.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana

Comment

Hihi Just came by to say hi and thanks for all the lovely answers to my post I see your point much more clearly now You know, I could be happy with John and Teyla getting together (even though it would wreck two of my three regular ships) so long as we get a resolution this time around >_< I couldn't bear them pulling another 'Sam and Jack' even though I would be disapointed it wasn't John/Liz...

And I have to say, shipping on Atlantis is so much nicer than shipping on SG-1 We talk to each other and stuff Makes it that much more enjoyable IMO

You're all welcome to come and visit the sparky thread Or the spanky one
                                May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Working...
                                X