John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
    This is the first show that I have actively become a shipper…and what got me onboard was ‘The Rising’. When I get into a show I usually like to see two things: a. a strong female character and b. some romance. With the pilot of Atlantis I got both. The first scene with Teyla and Shep caught my interest. The initial awareness that flashed between them in the tent when they introduce themselves made me stop and think hmmmm. The cave scene is where I first got a sense of attraction between them with the necklace and how he gave her the necklace only to take it from her and place it around her neck himself.

The following episodes, for me, all built upon the attraction that manifested between them in ‘Rising’. ‘Hide and Seek’ gave me some friendship moments such as Shep telling stories to the Athosian children and him being eager to show Teyla football. Moments such as these confirm a friendship growing between them that I really like to see. It shows me that what’s between them is more than mere attraction but an actual desire to get to know one and other and spend time together.

Episodes like ‘Suspicion’ and ‘The Gift’ prove to me that Shep trust Teyla entirely because he knows her and understands

But while all of these confirm a friendship it what the interaction between these two in episodes like ‘Home’ and ‘Hot Zone’ that fed the Shepmagan Shippy fire.

In ‘Home’ I always noticed that it is Shep who the aliens choose for Teyla to share his dream world. It could have been Ford, Weir or McKay but the fact that the aliens senses something in Shep and would place Teyla with him made me think that there is something more than just friendship between them. Shep wants to show Teyla earth…Shep wants to spend time with Teyla…Shep would never leave or abandon Teyla…those were all thought running through my head when I watched this episode…plus I just thought they looked good together in the episode…not just looks but they seemed to fit together for me.

‘Hot Zone’ brought out the sparring aspect that I absolutely love to see…I have never figured out why John specifically asked to begin sparring with Teyla but the fact that we never see Teyla sparring with any other Atlantis expedition member (Ford, Maj. Lorne) seems to me like John asked Teyla to teach him because it introduces him to more of the Athosian culture and he gets to spend some alone time with Teyla. There must be a reason for him wanting to learn to spar when for one he doesn’t seem to practice on his own and two he prefers his P-90 over a set of Athosian fighting rods any day. So the fact that he continues to spar with Teyla means to me he wants to spend his extra time with her. When someone else does spar with Teyla as Ronon did in ‘Duet’ I got the impression Shep was jealous when he said the comment ‘I thought we were suppose to be sparring’

Moments such as these helped solidify my title as a Shepmagan Shipper!

The relationship between Shep and Weir for me was never shippy…friends… yes…allies….okay…but it never progressed for me into the realm of ship. I didn’t even realize that people thought ship between them until I found the website Gateworld and was introduced to the fans of Shep/Weir. And now when I hear discussions of possible Shep/Weir or Sparky moments I don’t get them because I’m too entrenched with my Shepmagan moments to see them for myself. I’m getting better and now trying to see Atlantis for Shep/Weir…this doesn’t mean I’ll be a member of the sparky ship but I like to understand other ships.

So let’s all hope that we will see more balcony scenes and sparring in future episodes of Atlantis!
    Green ya..hon..AWESOME!
    sigpic

Comment

Hi guys! ::hugs to Camy and Trippy:: Here's a sig that's free for the swiping. Oh, and I got your PM, Trippy. Thanks for sharing your thoughts -- can't wait to see this one!!!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
        Oh my goodness, how the heck am I supposed to add to the great posts that are here? Geez, you guys make my job way too hard! It's great to see all of the Sparky shippers popping in here now -- we love visitors and it makes for good conversation. Keep up the inter-ship travel, guys and girls!

What do I like about Shep/Teyla? That's a toughie...so many things! I think first and foremost for me is the level of trust and immediate connection that they share. For me, it really set their friendship apart, even way back in the beginning. Everyone was still trying to work out their dynamics, who they could trust, and who they got along with, but for these two there didn't seem to be any lag time at all. They immediately connected and immediately felt safe and comfortable with each other for no reason that could be figured out by the others on the base. Their trust in each other is absolute and unwavering, even when it is baseless or being attacked by others. They trust each other as friends, as allies, as warriors, as teammates, and I could easily see this trust and understanding bleeding into something more, possibly without them even realizing it at first. I think they have come to depend a great deal on each other, both emotionally and while performing their duties on the team. I just...it's hard to put into words, but I always get the feeling that even when they aren't speaking to each other, they are able to perfectly read the other person and know what they are feeling. I feel they complement each other so well that they have come to rely on the other's presence in any situation. Don't even know how to really explain it, but they just have some quality that makes them very appealing and very easy for me to imagine as a canon ship. Hope that helps a bit!
        *sniff*
        I'm *sniff* so *sniff* proud *sniff* of my little *sniff* girl....
        sigpic

Comment

Okay...CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST BEFORE I GET IN TROUBLE FOR TAKING OVER THE THREAD...JEEZ..WHAT DOES A GIRL HAVE TO DO AROUND HERE FOR SOME LITTLE ATTENTION....

*Camy is standing on her head until someone posts something*
          sigpic

Comment

Hi guys! ::hugs to Camy and Trippy:: Here's a sig that's free for the swiping. Oh, and I got your PM, Trippy. Thanks for sharing your thoughts -- can't wait to see this one!!!

OHHHH...CAn I have it PLEASE>>>>>?
            sigpic

Comment

Okay, okay, okay! Ummmm...oh! Camy, before I forget to ask -- is there any special pic or wording you'd like on your avatar?

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                Um...*Camy face is turning purple*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                  Course you can, mommy! Oh, forgot to add -- words are courtesy of "Les Miserables"...:;SP bows down at Boublil and Mackintosh's feet::

Comment

Okay, okay, okay! Ummmm...oh! Camy, before I forget to ask -- is there any special pic or wording you'd like on your avatar?
                    *Shakes off her dizzyness..*

You are waaaay better at this than me! You decide...
                    sigpic

Comment

::rubs hands evily:: Complete control, you say? Heehee!

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
                        Hoping and wishing makes a ship go round!

Okay smiley story time!

Gossiping in Atlantis

wants to ask out but isn't so sure how...so he asks who tells who makes a comment to who meets who is next to how he should go about asking out...but by this time everyone has heard likes even over on Earth knows so in the end doesn't need to ask because she's alreay heard from everyone else that shes going out on a date.

Oh I love it!

Comment

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d9...08-013copy.png
                          Oh SP that's lovely! I saved a copy in my pretty pics folder

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                            Oh SP that's lovely! I saved a copy in my pretty pics folder
                            Aw, really? ::blushes shamelessly:: Glad you liked it, Mel!

Comment

TRIPPY, can't PM you ...your message box is full...
                              sigpic

Comment

Aw, really? ::blushes shamelessly:: Glad you liked it, Mel!
                                *waves at SP and Mel*
                                Hi girls..I've been PMing..Trippy back and forth...she keeps wanting to spank me...bad, Trippy, bad...

*Hugs SP and Mel*
                                I miss you girls..sooo much!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X