John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
    AG, i can't green u ...but WOW!....I saw the pic and i remembered the human version of Beauty and the Beast....

Ok so i've got an idea to get us a little pumped for the start of the new episodes.....

How about we go through an episode a day, and mention all the Shep/Teyla moments?....

What do u guys think?...We've got 17 days?
    WITCHY..You are scary..I was thinking of the same thing...I am going to try and go buy my CD's today and I am definetly in...but like you said, it is causing me trouble to get in here as well....

let me know when we start....also, I am hoping to post the next episode from the Companion book for Cpt. Ritter and all of those who don't have the book..but I am also having a really difficult time posting here...

I believe the next episode is Hide and Seek....

Great minds think alike, Witchy...

TJ..I missed you terribly...everyone......if you don't mind, PM me your email...

AG...that siggy...is awesome!

Hypercaz....I'm looking forward to another of your cool vids...

Mel...can't wait to chat with you....

SP...how was High School?

Okay everyone...let's see what happens...
    sigpic

Comment

Sorry Camy, I'm just slightly scared to post after the little wrist slap for OT-edness!
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Okay...going on about Stargate Omega earlier so here is the actual site: http://www.stargateomega.com/forum/index.php

Now for Witchy's idea...

"The Rising P.1"

Well I will always remember the intial moment of awareness that occured between John and Teyla when they first meet...

John said he loved a good cup of tea and said that was another thing she knew about him and that they were practically friends already...

When John said this...Teyla gave him a curious look and then decided to give him and his people a chance...

I won't say love at first sight...but I definitly got the feeling that there was a connection between these two and this was before the whole cave scene..

Comment

I registered for Omega, but I tend to use http://www.gateshipone.com/forums Not a lot going on, unfortunately, but at the same time, the admin let us get away with murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
            Geeezz..there is something wrong with this forum..I couldn't get in last night and today it is extremely slow....so, I've missed you guys and miss discussing John and Teyla...

It's funny you should say this about King Kong and J/T..I had just emailed SP and told her how I saw John and Teyla even while watching King Kong...Hilarious....Great John/Teyla shippers minds think so much alike!
            didn't we used to call that a BRANE? Where's em and ang when you... just plain where's em and ang?

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
              Hello...Ritter is NOT even here! What is wrong with you girls...

But, SP..you and I are so alike in this sense...some of my best friends while growing up and until I got married (hubby wouldn't have it anymore) were males and it did help me to understand and to realize that there are men out there who are after only one thing, but then there are those that although it's like finding a needle in a haystack, they are out there...

Of course, hubby found me!

Ironically, in my house we were just girls...me and three other sisters...
              Am I the only guy on this forum? Slightly overwhelming, anyway continuing our top Shep and Teyla moments, we can't talk about rising without talking about he tender way Shep ties the necklace around Teyla's neck. There's this look of... (je ne sais quoi) ... what I don't know. Is it something about, I've never met a man like this before then Shep's like, hey, I think she likes me. As AG said, he gave her that disarming smile when they first met, it seemed to work. (Wish I could smile like that, unfortunately I can't)
              Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Ritter's fic is brilliant, girlies, you need to go read, go read! And leave pretty reviews for him to see too!

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
                  Okay...going on about Stargate Omega earlier so here is the actual site: http://www.stargateomega.com/forum/index.php

Now for Witchy's idea...

"The Rising P.1"

Well I will always remember the intial moment of awareness that occured between John and Teyla when they first meet...

John said he loved a good cup of tea and said that was another thing she knew about him and that they were practically friends already...

When John said this...Teyla gave him a curious look and then decided to give him and his people a chance...

I won't say love at first sight...but I definitly got the feeling that there was a connection between these two and this was before the whole cave scene..
                  Awesome! Thanks for starting us off...

I'm going to have a look at Rising, and make my list...

I know i'm late ...so i've decided on a schedule so we're not lost.

12-21: Rising/Hide and Seek

12-22: 38 Minutes

12-23: Suspicion

That gets us through xmas, since some of us won't be online that much...

Any changes u guys want just say.

R.I.P Wraithlord
                  Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Ok made my list...

So from 'Rising 1/2'

-In addition to all those mentioned by Ritter, and AG..

-When John returns to the tent after speaking with Sumner, it's very interesting how he says, 'Guess it's just you and me.' it's very nonchalant, then when the guy (not too sure of his name: Toran? ) stand up he almost blandly says 'And him' like he really didn't want him there.

In ref to that...How important do you think he was to Teyla?...They were pretty much together in all those shots we saw in the beginning, except the cave scene. I'm thinking he's either a bodyguard, or someone who was very close to her, I know he was Hallings friend. Anyway just me thinking...OT...

- The whole conversation in the tent, when they talk about how Sumner sees through her, and John telling her they can't return home...very open and honest.

-The stumbling...is just priceless,

-And yes the CAVE scene- the tender necklace scene....oh it's just so romantic....Just thinking, since the necklace was a homing beacon, if John had never picked it up (activation it) the wrait may never have come, since they showed up after he'd touched it...

-Another was when Teyla was scooped up, the worried way John says her name- could be even then he worried about her---protective instincts...

-And the whole head bowing scene, even as he hesitates he's looking between Ford and i believe Weir, then bows his head oh so slowly, then after they seperate he had the oddest look on his face as he looks to Ford's direction (who btw knows there's something there), and he looks as if he's thinking, 'hmmm, interesting.'

Well that's all i could see for now, Will post 'Hide and Seek' next, but continue with your 'Rising' moments.

R.I.P Wraithlord
                    Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Just coming in for a quick post...GW is acting really, really weird for me. All slow and sluggish and generally ewww. I've missed you guys immensely over the past few days! Oh, and Camy, high school was just wonderful -- it was great to be back amid all the other farmer kids again!

Wow, Witchy! I don't know what else I can add to that list from "Rising". Basically, that episode was awesome, shippy-wise and as far as everything else went as too, so I'm not sure what else I can contribute. I loved during the cave scene when Teyla was telling her about the history of her world and the Wraith and Shep says in this very sad, awed voice, "That's a hell of way to live." I think even then, the two of them had a connection and an understanding that can't really be described. Even at that early point they clearly respected each other and understood the workings, thoughts, and emotions of the other person. And yup, I think that Ford and Beckett both knew something was up during the last scene. I love how Shep was so solemn during the whole thing -- while the others kind of made light of the gesture, he was very respectful and awed at the whole thing. Love it, love it, love it!!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Helloooo...well guys, here are some lovely shippy pictures to brighten your day. Do with them what you will!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                          Just coming in for a quick post...GW is acting really, really weird for me. All slow and sluggish and generally ewww. I've missed you guys immensely over the past few days! Oh, and Camy, high school was just wonderful -- it was great to be back amid all the other farmer kids again!

Wow, Witchy! I don't know what else I can add to that list from "Rising". Basically, that episode was awesome, shippy-wise and as far as everything else went as too, so I'm not sure what else I can contribute. I loved during the cave scene when Teyla was telling her about the history of her world and the Wraith and Shep says in this very sad, awed voice, "That's a hell of way to live." I think even then, the two of them had a connection and an understanding that can't really be described. Even at that early point they clearly respected each other and understood the workings, thoughts, and emotions of the other person. And yup, I think that Ford and Beckett both knew something was up during the last scene. I love how Shep was so solemn during the whole thing -- while the others kind of made light of the gesture, he was very respectful and awed at the whole thing. Love it, love it, love it!!
                          I'm glad you had a good time SP. Missed you! *hug*

I found the other characters reactions were interesting too Ford had that grinning little smirk like when you're kids going 'ooooh' and doing the whole 'somebody likes somebody' thing. And Carson looked bummered and said "Why can't I meet women like that" which leads up to believe Carson thought there was something to be envious of...

Comment

Witchy you pretty much convered the major ones, the stumbling is priceless, not too shippy, unless you catch the grin on Teyla's face and the fact that John tries to play it off. (Chemistry) In my first vid I included the specific shots of Ford smirking just after they bowed heads and Sumner's "Well, that settles it." expression after John throws his disarming smile Teyla's way. Better go watch Hide and Seek for tomorrow.
                            Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

That's a good point, Mel. I think that for any of the character moments in the series such as the Athosian forehead-thing in "Rising", oftentimes the reactions of the other characters who are merely observing can be even more telling than those involved. It's always interesting to see the "outsider" standpoint on a relationship and it can give a good indication of how they relate and how others see them when they are together. I think that, at least for me, this is why characters like Bates, Kinsey, and Caldwell are so interesting, crucial, and fun to watch. While they can certainly be kinda jerky at times they give the audience a much needed outside perspective on many of the workings between the characters. I think we can learn just as much about the relationships from these other viewpoints as from the actual characters -- Carson and Ford's initial reactions to Shep and Teyla's connection is case in point.

Comment

Hi guys...

It's very late here..been catching up on my Xmas shopping and getting ready for my trip..not too mention that today my youngest woke up sick...anyhow...I wanted to post Chapter 6 for you before I left since I won't be around for a good week and a half...

I can't even read the postings and most likely this will be my last post until I return....Please keep this thread alive and running...keep the light on for John and Teyla....love the moments that they share together and although I know it will take some rough moments....I know that their love for each other will eventually be displayed before our eyes soon....

So, here it is and I do hope you all enjoy it..Thanks...SP.....

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2639592/6/

Please leave me a review..

HAPPY HOLIDAY...AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X