John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
    Jeeeeezoooo folk! I have had a busy day. It just so happens that I took a moment to write this. Round Robin, the final part.

it may not be what you expected.

Spoiler:
    John Sheppard stood, a small bundle in his arms, overlooking the ocean surrounding the city of Atlantis. The wind whipped at the tendrils of his hair and he savoured the feeling. Closing his eyes, he inhaled the scent of the salty freshness, letting it soothe his heightened senses. The bundle fussed and he shooed it, without opening his eyes.

The past nine months had been a roller coaster of a ride. After he and Teyla’s not-so-forgotten night of passion, Carter had said she understood their situation but there were some new regulations she’d had to follow and John had been sent back to Earth. He’d been there all of three weeks when he’d been recalled and told that Teyla was pregnant. Then there had been the complications with both mother and child, both during the pregnancy and the birth.

Teyla was still in the infirmary, recovering but he’d wanted to bring Joe out to the pier to let him breathe his first breath of Atlantis air. The stars were beginning to waken up in the sky, twinkling their bleary eyes in the inky blue sky. Another gust of air shuffled the blanket from Joe’s face and John delicately tucked it back around the tiny delicate features. John smiled down to the dark eyes that stared up at him and traced his index finger around the chubby cheek, over the delicate brown bone and then tucked him closer into his chest.

As his eyes found the horizon once more, a star shot across the horizon and John sent it a haphazard salute and smiled gently. He sighed happily and thought of Teyla, the woman who he hoped would one day become his wife and he was torn between the desire to keep Joe to himself out on the balcony and going to the woman he loved.

Resolved, he waited a few more minutes, listening to the happy whimpers of his son, letting it tug at his heart strings before he slowly meandered back to the infirmary, bypassing the transporters, trying to lengthen the time he got to spend alone with his son. As the doors to the private room in the infirmary, he smiled at the sight before him; Teyla was sound asleep on the bed, her head resting delicately on her clasped hands. He moved towards her and sat on the bed next to her, cradling Joe to his chest with one arm, toying with tendrils of Teyla’s hair with the other.

Keller popped her head in and John nodded to her and smiled before she left him in peace. He closed his eyes and rested his head on the pillow. He opened his eyes and looked down. Both Teyla and his son rested against him. John smiled again.

This was home.

I like chaos theory, but it doesn't do my ending justice

I jest, I jest.

omg! This was definitely NOT expected! But I loved it none the less!!! Awesome Gater!!! So sweet, and fluffy... the perfect ending... *sigh*

silly- That's right! I help too... So don't give her a hard time guys! If she isn't here, I will happily knock anyone out! ... I think I have a nice and heavy closet around somewhere..
    *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
      All right, here is the Round Robin story in all of its glory!!

Ta da!!!

The next one will be next month on Feb 1. We'll try to get a more cohesive plotline. And I expect more sign ups!

Thank you everyone who took the time to write this! (((((hugs))))) It has been a blast! And of course, thanks for everyone who has been reading this and spurring us on!
      It was so much fun reading it with all the different writers!

Good good.

Let's just pretend I was taken over by a fluffy bunny and the real me is temporarily incapacitated.

TBH
      Spoiler:
      I was going to have Teyla die in child birth...
      Oh no
      Spoiler:
      can't have that....Teyla can get all the whump in the world thrown at her just as long as she doesn't die
      sigpic

Comment

Ta da!!!

The next one will be next month on Feb 1. We'll try to get a more cohesive plotline. And I expect more sign ups!

Thank you everyone who took the time to write this! (((((hugs))))) It has been a blast! And of course, thanks for everyone who has been reading this and spurring us on!
        YAY!!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

BTW, do any one of the talented artists in here want to *try* to tackle making a cover for the fic? LOL, you have a wide assortment of scenes to choose from.
          sigpic
          Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            Oh no
            Spoiler:
            can't have that....Teyla can get all the whump in the world thrown at her just as long as she doesn't die
            I've killed Teyla before, heck I turned her into a Wraith Drone with that facemask thingy, thenwhen she was changing back into human she passed on then Ascended, still gotta work on the next pair of chapters for new Birth though, they are both 007 styled chapters with all that action.

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

BTW, do any one of the talented artists in here want to *try* to tackle making a cover for the fic? LOL, you have a wide assortment of scenes to choose from.
              I would love to see what people come up with

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                Woohoo!!
                Spoiler:
                I love how you ended this!! Great JOB! All from a love potion and being locked in a room together!! Who knew!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! GREAT JOB EVERYBODY!! I really mean that!!
                Haha. Glad you liked it. I want to change it now tho
                Now see, that I would have expected.
                Buahahaha! I had actually written it that way but changed it... or there would be another tissue warning.
                Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                It was so much fun reading it with all the different writers!

Oh no
                Spoiler:
                *smiles innocently*

I would never..
                don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Jeeeeezoooo folk! I have had a busy day. It just so happens that I took a moment to write this. Round Robin, the final part.

Spoiler:
                  John Sheppard stood, a small bundle in his arms, overlooking the ocean surrounding the city of Atlantis. The wind whipped at the tendrils of his hair and he savoured the feeling. Closing his eyes, he inhaled the scent of the salty freshness, letting it soothe his heightened senses. The bundle fussed and he shooed it, without opening his eyes.

The past nine months had been a roller coaster of a ride. After he and Teyla’s not-so-forgotten night of passion, Carter had said she understood their situation but there were some new regulations she’d had to follow and John had been sent back to Earth. He’d been there all of three weeks when he’d been recalled and told that Teyla was pregnant. Then there had been the complications with both mother and child, both during the pregnancy and the birth.

Teyla was still in the infirmary, recovering but he’d wanted to bring Joe out to the pier to let him breathe his first breath of Atlantis air. The stars were beginning to waken up in the sky, twinkling their bleary eyes in the inky blue sky. Another gust of air shuffled the blanket from Joe’s face and John delicately tucked it back around the tiny delicate features. John smiled down to the dark eyes that stared up at him and traced his index finger around the chubby cheek, over the delicate brown bone and then tucked him closer into his chest.

As his eyes found the horizon once more, a star shot across the horizon and John sent it a haphazard salute and smiled gently. He sighed happily and thought of Teyla, the woman who he hoped would one day become his wife and he was torn between the desire to keep Joe to himself out on the balcony and going to the woman he loved.

Resolved, he waited a few more minutes, listening to the happy whimpers of his son, letting it tug at his heart strings before he slowly meandered back to the infirmary, bypassing the transporters, trying to lengthen the time he got to spend alone with his son. As the doors to the private room in the infirmary, he smiled at the sight before him; Teyla was sound asleep on the bed, her head resting delicately on her clasped hands. He moved towards her and sat on the bed next to her, cradling Joe to his chest with one arm, toying with tendrils of Teyla’s hair with the other.

Keller popped her head in and John nodded to her and smiled before she left him in peace. He closed his eyes and rested his head on the pillow. He opened his eyes and looked down. Both Teyla and his son rested against him. John smiled again.

This was home.

I jest, I jest.
                  Brilliant ending, Laura, and
                  Spoiler:
                  very cute that you called him Joe...

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                  Hey Rubes!! I loved your Sleep Study update!! Left ya a review on how to help out...
                  Thanks Elf... tune in next time

Ta da!!!

Thanks so much for organising this YC - mental green

I'll do it! Me me me!!! I need the following from each author - which is your fave JT scene/cap, and what is your fave colour. Let me know
                  sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Congratulations on 500 posts, Gater!!!
                    sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
                      I'll do it! Me me me!!! I need the following from each author - which is your fave JT scene/cap, and what is your fave colour. Let me know
                      Favorite color: Blue

Favorite Cap: Either

Spoiler:

or

Spoiler:

And thank you!
                      sigpic
                      Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Spoiler:

This was home.

I jest, I jest.
                        A very nice touching ending to the story...

It's been great reading everyones chapters to this...it's been fun to read.. and looking forward to what you guys might come up to for next month
                        sigpic
                        Sigs by Scifan

Comment

I'm off to bed! Stayed here way to long as it is!
                          Sleep well everyone, and I loved how our RRfic turned out!
                          See ya all tomorrow!

Tey?? If you could just... give me a little nudge...

EDIT: oh and YC, definitely the second one! IMO..
                          *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
                            I'm off to bed! Stayed here way to long as it is!
                            Sleep well everyone, and I loved how our RRfic turned out!
                            See ya all tomorrow!

Tey?? If you could just... give me a little nudge...

EDIT: oh and YC, definitely the second one! IMO..
                            AIM..... TARGET LOCKED...... FIRE!!!! nighty night TeylaFan, may the Sheyla Dream God look down on you with love tonight

Comment

Favorite color: Blue

Favorite Cap: Either

Spoiler:

or

Spoiler:

And thank you!
                              Where is the first one from? It looks pure good!

Congratulations on 500 posts, Gater!!!
                              Thanks love

Brilliant ending, Laura, and
                              Spoiler:
                              very cute that you called him Joe...
                              Bahaha Yeah I didn't know what to
                              Spoiler:
                              call the kid so... Joe it was!

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                              A very nice touching ending to the story...

It's been great reading everyones chapters to this...it's been fun to read.. and looking forward to what you guys might come up to for next month

It has been good I like seeing where my ideas diverge form everyone elses.
                              don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Haha. Glad you liked it. I want to change it now tho

Buahahaha! I had actually written it that way but changed it... or there would be another tissue warning.

*smiles innocently*

I would never..
                                Uh huh....Camy would have been on the warpath if you done that and believe me you don't want to be on the wrong end of Camy's Bat
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X