John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
    Dude, Camy thats absolutely fantastic!!! Thanks a million man!!
    you're welcome!

Ruby, when are you going to update glimpse!?
    sigpic

Comment

I emailed Camy just a tiny little bitty quick fic lol It was nothing big AT ALL man.....
      it cheered me up!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
        Hey guys, I am strolling in for a minute to say that I am enjoying the different POVs from everyone regarding Missing. Yes, I agreed with some of your guys comments and opinions! I did not have time to review everyone responses, so I hope I am not repeating some one else post.

I just want to say I think there is more to it than we know? Whether I might like what they come up with remains to be seen? But I will wait before I pass any kind of judgment!

Throw the bricks, rocks, etc. at me now! There is one point I disagreed with.

Spoiler:
        A few have commented that Teyla lied to John about her hot date. I don’t look at it that she lied to John. She responded by saying *please* to his question. She did not give a definite answer such as no then I would say she blatantly lied. She was being evasive, non responsive, or saying none of your business. We know she was not being forthcoming with her response because of her later conversation with Dr. Keller. But she was there to see her people not just Kanan guy because there was some kind of festival or something like that. Please is a very subjective response.

I wonder if John was so forthcoming in his mission report from Travelers. He did not tell his friends every thing. Rodney was the one who called him on it that he is not telling everything. Do you think he told his friends he kissed Larrin? I wonder did John blatantly lie also.
        Hope:
        I agree with you on this...
        Spoiler:
        I took her response as a vague answer and maybe somewhat of a brush off. It was nice that he notice she was looking good though.

And I'm sure John didn't say anything about Larrin.
        He was trying to avoid the whole conversation and instead of boasting that she was hot and got a kiss out of it, he instead lowered his head and snapped that she had him beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
          it cheered me up!
          lol I'm glad dude!!! hopefully the show will head in the same direction!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
            Spoiler:
            Travelers with John,,,great John piece but just didn't get the danger factor since come on sexy hot alien chick yeah right..such danger,,to what him getting flirted to death..yawn...

And once again I ramble
            LOVE your rambles and I agree with everything you said.
            Spoiler:
            I had to highlight the above because it made me laugh my ass off! Flirted to death! I love it! And you are so right about Travelers, there was no danger there, hell, that was most likely one of John's fantasies come to life- or any guy's fantasy for that matter. Being held captive by a beautiful woman. Please.

Love it!

Comment

Yup, we saw it...and that can only mean that

Spoiler:
              things are going to stir up for john and teyla but in the end, if they are throwing curveballs at their friendship, it can only mean that in the end it will draw them closer together. John is greatly influenced by Teyla and the thought of loosing her for him will be devastating in any way. So, this is certainly a good thing and it shows that the writers are still writing this for John and Teyla. And that has to be a good thing.

Alright, Mrs. B lightened my mood a bit with a little fic that she wrote and her wise words...so Mrs. B...this one is for you!

Spoiler:

I haven't given up on JT, you guys.... it's just a stumbling block...is all!
              Camy! Those are gorgeous!!!! Very nice work!
              --Kate

Comment

Beautiful artwork Camy ....

Great post Nina... you really hit the nail on the head when you said that Rachel has great charisma and I felt she oozed charisma and screen presence in Missing. She really did an awesome job and I was a bit worried that it would be another GUP or TRW but it is my favourite character centric episode so far. She certaintly can carry an episode. GUP just didnt hold my interest at all and TRW bored me to death. But Rachel/Joe and Jason can really carry an ep much more than Torri or David ever could. They both need to be interacting with the team to interest me.. as without them they just fall flat IMO.. I'm really looking forward to the reaction of everyone to Teyla's news. Hopefully we will get more info on

Spoiler:
                her pregnancy in the Seer.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                  I don't know if anybody has seen this, but my internet's too slow today to go back and check.

From JM's blog:
                  Spoiler:
                  Paul first pitched out the idea late in season 3: “We go to the planet, but the Athosians aren‘t there. They‘re missing.” I was intrigued: “Where’d they go?”. “I don’t know,”he shrugged. “What happened to them?”I pressed. “I don’t know,”he repeated. A year and a half later, we finally know and by WE I mean those involved in the production of Atlantis’s fourth season. WE know, but WE ain’t telling because the revelation is the key to a major arc we kick off in Missing. It was to be, at the time we got together to brainstorm the idea, the impetus for Teyla’s dark turn - an exploration of her character that we were poised to follow through on - until we learned that Rachel was pregnant. Congratulations were in order! Congratulations and a quick reconsideration of the game plan. On the one hand, this curveball forced us to rethink the arc we had envisioned. On the other hand, it afforded us the opportunity to develop a different aspect of the character - and throw our own curveball into a hitherto comfortable friendship. But more on that interesting little development in the coming weeks. Yeah, again, WE know, but WE ain’t telling.
                  Very interesting comments and if he's talking about John and Teyla's friendship this may be very very interesting and an opportunity to shake them up to realize a few things. Like how the heck they feel about each other! I wonder what the original plan was? Hmmmmmm Thanks for sharing this with us.

Comment

Ruby - this is what i sent dude. See? it aint even good
                    Spoiler:
                    Teyla sits alone in one of Atlantis' isolated hallways. The bench is cold but she doesnt feel it as she stares out the glass paned windows at the night sky and the triple moons that cast a blue eerie glow on her face. Her hands rest on her large belly and she momentarily smiles although she has never felt more alone in this world than she does right now.

Footsteps.

She turns and Colonel Sheppard stares at her, the intensity of his stare capturing her tired eyes and they are motionless together, their eyes reflecting the months of pain shared between them, the growing precipice on which they gingerly sit. She turns away.

"Please John. I wish to be alone...."

"I came here to apologize Teyla. I've been acting like a real jerk and you deserve better than that."

He comes closer and hesitantly sits beside her, noting silently to himself how the moon's reflections make her eyes almost glow and she looks as beautiful to him as she ever had. He looks away for fear of making her even more uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry we haven't found your people yet, and I'm sorry you're going through all this without.....without Kanan. But I want you to know you are not alone."

Teyla bites her lip at his words. He always knew what she was feeling, thinking. He knew her better than she would ever let him know.

"Thank you John."

His eyes meet hers and she sees his pain mirrors her own. She cannot help but reach out to him and she raises her hand to his cheek, causing him to jump slightly at her touch. He quickly grabs her hand and brings himself closer to her on the bench, their faces merely an inch apart.

The mounting turmoil and cruel words that had passed between them all these past months melted away, holding no power over them.

"Teyla, I...."

"You do not have to say anything John...."

"I'm so sorry......I should have told you before......"

"John, please don't-"

"I-I......"

He lifts his eyes to meet hers and she sees the meaning behind his silent words. Her heart has waited for this for what feels like a lifetime, her body feels electric with anticipation and yet her mind holds her tongue, fear and confusion constricting her movements.

The earpiece in Col. Sheppards ear rings out loud. "Colonel Sheppard....You better get to the gate room immediately. We've just located the missing Athosians."

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                      Beautiful artwork Camy ....

Great post Nina... you really hit the nail on the head when you said that Rachel has great charisma and I felt she oozed charisma and screen presence in Missing. She really did an awesome job and I was a bit worried that it would be another GUP or TRW but it is my favourite character centric episode so far. She certaintly can carry an episode. GUP just didnt hold my interest at all and TRW bored me to death. But Rachel/Joe and Jason can really carry an ep much more than Torri or David ever could. They both need to be interacting with the team to interest me.. as without them they just fall flat IMO.. I'm really looking forward to the reaction of everyone to Teyla's news. Hopefully we will get more info on

Spoiler:
                      her pregnancy in the Seer.
                      You know funny you mention GUP and David's performance. I honestly think that GUP sold him short as an actor. The story was lame at best and I think he would have done far better on his own with a better story. Perhaps he'll get another chance to prove himself.

And I was giving some thought to the other single actor eps we've seen. The only ones that have gotten my complete attention and held it are Sateda (one of my all time favs!) and now Missing. Didn't think Travelers was a good format for Joe - it certianly didn't do him any favors in terms of John's character development. And it wasn't as if it was a great acting challange either. As you said, TRW was possibly the worst all time ep in SGA and SG history. Bad story and bad acting, total double wammy.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Teyla sits alone in one of Atlantis' isolated hallways. The bench is cold but she doesnt feel it as she stares out the glass paned windows at the night sky and the triple moons that cast a blue eerie glow on her face. Her hands rest on her large belly and she momentarily smiles although she has never felt more alone in this world than she does right now.

Footsteps.

She turns and Colonel Sheppard stares at her, the intensity of his stare capturing her tired eyes and they are motionless together, their eyes reflecting the months of pain shared between them, the growing precipice on which they gingerly sit. She turns away.

"I came here to apologize Teyla. I've been acting like a real jerk and you deserve better than that."

He comes closer and hesitantly sits beside her, noting silently to himself how the moon's reflections make her eyes almost glow and she looks as beautiful to him as she ever had. He looks away for fear of making her even more uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry we haven't found your people yet, and I'm sorry you're going through all this without.....without Kanan. But I want you to know you are not alone."

Teyla bites her lip at his words. He always knew what she was feeling, thinking. He knew her better than she would ever let him know.

"Thank you John."

His eyes meet hers and she sees his pain mirrors her own. She cannot help but reach out to him and she raises her hand to his cheek, causing him to jump slightly at her touch. He quickly grabs her hand and brings himself closer to her on the bench, their faces merely an inch apart.

The mounting turmoil and cruel words that had passed between them all these past months melted away, holding no power over them.

"Teyla, I...."

"John, please don't-"

"I-I......"

He lifts his eyes to meet hers and she sees the meaning behind his silent words. Her heart has waited for this for what feels like a lifetime, her body feels electric with anticipation and yet her mind holds her tongue, fear and confusion constricting her movements.

The earpiece in Col. Sheppards ear rings out loud. "Colonel Sheppard....You better get to the gate room immediately. We've just located the missing Athosians."

Very nice... MrsB.. what a fantastic scene this would make.
                        sigpic

Comment

Very nice... MrsB.. what a fantastic scene this would make.
                          Hey thanks Blue!!

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
                            LOVE your rambles and I agree with everything you said.
                            Spoiler:
                            I had to highlight the above because it made me laugh my ass off! Flirted to death! I love it! And you are so right about Travelers, there was no danger there, hell, that was most likely one of John's fantasies come to life- or any guy's fantasy for that matter. Being held captive by a beautiful woman. Please.

Love it!
                            *lol* Glad you love my rambles

Spoiler:

Footsteps.

"Thank you John."

"Teyla, I...."

"John, please don't-"

"I-I......"

Great little story...would be a great scene...hrmm the end there..hopefully them minus one...
                            sigpic
                            Sigs by Scifan

Comment

OK, I saw Missing last night and I was nowhere near as bad as I thought. I actually kinda liked it, and the way John seemed so concerned about Teyla at the end was pretty sweet. With your lovely post to put it all in context, I'm back to feeling good about this season! Thank you Devine!
                              btw, I LOVE your sig.
                              I liked the end too.
                              Spoiler:
                              And the tone in his voice after she said, "I will find them." And he says, "I know you will...." I was like Awww.

OK, breif thoughts on Missing.
                              Spoiler:

It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, in fact I mostly enjoyed it. It was great to see Teyla taking out all those Bolo Kai. Keller was a bit annoying, IMO, but she got a little better toward the end. Teyla was talking to her just like she was a little child, LOL. Yes, I cringed about Kanan, but I didn't barf. The way I see it, there is a way for this all to work out. It's possible, however unlikely, that they are married, (don't kill me yet, that would fit my stipulation of "no marital relations outside of marraige. ) but that whenever the Athosians are found he' dead, leaving her wide open to remarry. (PARTY!! )

Teyla was good, the fight scenes were amazing, there was plenty of whump, and my hopes have been slightly restored. Not only that, I think there's the possiblity of a great storyline here. We've so preoccupied about Kanan, we didn't really think much about the Athosians. I'm betting Mikey had a hand in it. Nebal was a wraith worshipper, but if it was a normal wraith he was worshipping why would any of the Athosians be alive? I think we're going to see a lot more of "Nasy Teyla" when it comes to finding them, which could be interesting. We'll probably find out what happened to them in "Kindred".
                              Good thoughts WP.

Originally posted by dreamer one View Post
                              Well to my way of thinking, the writers now have an opportunity to write a good and interesting back story for Teyla to help all of this make sense. I wrote my own little take on Teyla's pregnancy for a side story in one of my fanfics, so I know this is a great opportunity to write new and engaging things for the character. I certainly hope they do! They are capable and I'll expect nothing less. How's that for confidence.
                              Thanks for your imput too Dreamer one.

Interesting points...

Spoiler:
                              I think Michael may indeed have something to do with the disappearance of Teyla's people. Hopefully he is not turning them into bug people. Maybe Kanan is already half bug.. can you imagine if they meet... poor John ..not only is this guy Teyla's boyfriend but he's half BUG !... this would be Johns biggest nightmare..

Thanks for the Congrats guys...
                              ROFL!!! That was funny Blue and you're welcome.

Thank you Scifan...

Okay...Camy is logging out....have fun speculating kiddies.

And I do think we are going to get some really angsty stuff coming for our duo!

Dee...don't make me come after you with my bat! *wink*
                              You're welcome Camy.

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
                                You know funny you mention GUP and David's performance. I honestly think that GUP sold him short as an actor. The story was lame at best and I think he would have done far better on his own with a better story. Perhaps he'll get another chance to prove himself.

And I was giving some thought to the other single actor eps we've seen. The only ones that have gotten my complete attention and held it are Sateda (one of my all time favs!) and now Missing. Didn't think Travelers was a good format for Joe - it certianly didn't do him any favors in terms of John's character development. And it wasn't as if it was a great acting challange either. As you said, TRW was possibly the worst all time ep in SGA and SG history. Bad story and bad acting, total double wammy.

Spoiler:
                                I think I loved Sateda and Missing so much because they were great character pieces for both Jason and Rachel.. They both really got to show off their acting chops and both have great screen presence. They also had good stories and great action.. so all over great formulas for me. GUP on the other hand showed Rodney as he is always portrayed.. panicking and babbling. We didnt get to see anthing new. Being stuck in a jumper and watch him fantasize over Sam just didnt float my boat at all. TRW was just a really bad story and had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. It didnt do anything for Weirs character and the ep had no purpose at all. Travelers was disappointing in that it was just too fluffy and I would really have preferred to see Joe get something a lot meatier to work with. It was a waste of a Shep centric ep which was such a shame... but Joe did a great job with what he was given and he alone managed to keep my interest during the ep.. Shep needs a Sateda/Missing type of episode but I don't think we will get it this season. but I'm hoping that the angst that will be generated from Teyla's pregnany will give him something to sink his teeth into and we will get some great scenes between them.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X