John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by melpomene
    YES!!!!YES!!!YES!!!YES!!!! Ohh it feels so good to be back *squeezes laptop* Two days away and I was going through withdrawal. I'm officially Shepmagen dependent. I don't have my DVD's ordered. I hoping to get them at the store next chance I get, I don't get out much these days. But right now cash works better for me than credit -or rather my dad's credit- so I must stay away from Amazon *sigh* Until then I fully intend to live vicariously through you guys. *waits patiently for screencaps*

You and me both....I bought the Rising DVD and got as far as when Teyla and Shep meet....I just don't have the time....

I know exactly what you mean about withdrawal..stupid computers!

Anyways....I have already bought the Rising DVD...the Companion Book and the tickets to see Rachel and have my pic taken with her, so I think I am going to have to wait for the season DVD set....hmmm...maybe I'll wait until Sunday! Keep it coming guys....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
      Found the pics to the scene i was talking about....

Just think about that smile slowly forming...

And she's looking at this:
      Aww if that isn't the sweetest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for next Monday (Canadian viewers, or those with TMN get the second half of Season 2)

Oh and Welecome Back Camy!!!!!!!!!!
      Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
        Cpt. Ritter....I'll forgive you for wanting to turn into the dark side for a little while....just don't get used to it, please...
        I guess I am still in the very baby steps of my writing and don't quite understand how you feel but I will respected...you know I am just giving you a hard time...nothing personal with my comments.....I love your writing regardless!

SP...I wish I was here when you were online...I guess I missed everyone...

Witchblade...you know how to post pics.., girl! I loved LFP...I think they acted so much like a couple with their little arguments and all...I think they bonded so much in this episode and understood better the role each one of them has....

When he said to her..what else do you want from me? To me that was such a great example of him telling her....I would do anything for you...or just about anything for you...basically, he did! He put his life and her life as well as Atlantis over her little wish! And that to me was a major key point in this relationship....That was just my take on it! and clearly Teyla understood at the end that although they have some feelings for each other, their major goal right now is to keep their people safe..Not too mention that I also believer that Teyla still sees that the Earthlings are different than her and in a way, this kind of united them but also put a barrier that she knows she cannot tresspass for his sake and hers...She respects him more as a warrior and a leader in Atlantis than anything else right now and she knew at the end that she step over a very fine line when she saw that he was almost captured by the Wraith...Again, just my take on it!
        I love your take on it Camy, and I completely agree!!

Oh and btw.... your signature is so pretty!! Did you make it yourself?
        Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady
          Aww if that isn't the sweetest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for next Monday (Canadian viewers, or those with TMN get the second half of Season 2)

Oh and Welecome Back Camy!!!!!!!!!!
          Lucky, I've got wait until January!!!!! AWWWWW!! BUT DON'T YOU DARE SPOIL IT FOR ME. I love SGA.

Originally posted by camy
          You and me both....I bought the Rising DVD and got as far as when Teyla and Shep meet....I just don't have the time....

I know exactly what you mean about withdrawal..stupid computers!

Anyways....I have already bought the Rising DVD...the Companion Book and the tickets to see Rachel and have my pic taken with her, so I think I am going to have to wait for the season DVD set....hmmm...maybe I'll wait until Sunday! Keep it coming guys....
          If you haven't finished the Rising DVD (must've watched it four or five times in a week myself) how do you expect to finish the season? Is there anything good in the companion book, besides useless trivia. And on the subject of computer withdrawal. I have two different computers, what would I do without them!!!!! A third is used most of the time for e-mail and internet. AHHHHH!

On the subject of keeping it coming, I don't think this thread will evere die, even if (god help us) for some unexplicable reason Sheppard gets together with Weir (dear god no) because we'll just keep talking about what makes Shep and Teyla a good couple and how wrong it is to even consider other things.
          Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

green_eyed_lady, i had to do replay atleast three times, to watch that...it was like gosh....look at that brilliant smile...

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
            On the subject of keeping it coming, I don't think this thread will evere die, even if (god help us) for some unexplicable reason Sheppard gets together with Weir (dear god no) because we'll just keep talking about what makes Shep and Teyla a good couple and how wrong it is to even consider other things.
            Oh don't ever say that.......Our ship will happen..It must or i'll cry.......

Ok let's see...I'm looking at the commentaries...haven't listened to all of them, but OMG there wasn't one for 'Suspision'...I was so wanting one....

I'll be looking at the commentary for 'The Gift' tonight....per Snogging...I can't wait...

R.I.P Wraithlord
            Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady
              I love your take on it Camy, and I completely agree!!

Oh and btw.... your signature is so pretty!! Did you make it yourself?

Thanks..I wish...no..my first one was done by Whistler84..my buddy...and this one I took from unique-bond.net.....
              sigpic

Comment

Cpt. Ritter]Lucky, I've got wait until January!!!!! AWWWWW!! BUT DON'T YOU DARE SPOIL IT FOR ME. I love SGA.

UM...I don't know about you...but my patience is getting low...I wouldn't mind having a good soul out there that would be willing to share their good fortunes with me via mail.....

If you haven't finished the Rising DVD (must've watched it four or five times in a week myself) how do you expect to finish the season? Is there anything good in the companion book, besides useless trivia. And on the subject of computer withdrawal. I have two different computers, what would I do without them!!!!! A third is used most of the time for e-mail and internet. AHHHHH!
                Um...well....there is a saying...where there is a will there is a way...and believe me this hot chicky momma has her way! as far as computers...I only have one online right now but I do have three at home...I couldn't live without a computer because unfortunately for you guys, I am hooked on this website and hooked with John and Teyla and sadly hooked on fanfic and even worse, hooked on you guys as well..I just love ya...even you!

As far as the Companions..I don't mind writing the things that are important...I know that while I waited in the Con, I read the preface of Joe and that was very good..and I read the James Bamford chapter..and I've scan through bits and pieces..I will keep posting what is important..don't waste your money unless you have some spare..but it is quite good...the one with the episodes I haven't not read...but I can share it with you..and I'm sure the girls here would be willing to do the same...we could do like everyday posting on the chapters and take turns..what do you guys think..? it's up to you Cpt. Ritter..but I don't mind sharing and writing about it..just give me a couple of days...till I finish the whole Rachel Con reports which I am almost done with..

Put your hand out in your computer screen will ya...*slap* How dare you even write those words..You should be ashamed of yourself...*slap*
                SNAP OUT OF IT! First a dark story, that I forgive...now, the possibility of Shep and Weir...what is wrong with you? Did you get a brain freeze during the snow up there? Now don't get mad at me..just get glad!
                sigpic

Comment

I've seen Rising three times. I LOVE the cave scene. That was the moment I became a shipper. *sighs nostalgically*

Comment

UM...I don't know about you...but my patience is getting low...I wouldn't mind having a good soul out there that would be willing to share their good fortunes with me via mail.....
                    I just love the show so much that I love watching each and every episode, almost to the point of practically living the adventure. It's a sad, sad story, but I absolutely love it. But I know what you mean about getting impatient. If it's showing in one part of the world, it should be showing everywhere. However, if you think that's bad, my poor Beta reader angw, hasn't even gotten SGA Season 1 or SG-1 Season 8 yet.

Put your hand out in your computer screen will ya...*slap* How dare you even write those words..You should be ashamed of yourself...*slap*
                    SNAP OUT OF IT! First a dark story, that I forgive...now, the possibility of Shep and Weir...what is wrong with you? Did you get a brain freeze during the snow up there? Now don't get mad at me..just get glad!
                    Yes, my brain froze for a minute and I did slap myself. **ouch** Anyway, I'm a die-hard Sheyla fanatic and even if.... **leaves thought unstate** I'd rewrite every episode to make it true.

As far as the Companions..I don't mind writing the things that are important...I know that while I waited in the Con, I read the preface of Joe and that was very good..and I read the James Bamford chapter..and I've scan through bits and pieces..I will keep posting what is important..don't waste your money unless you have some spare..but it is quite good...the one with the episodes I haven't not read...but I can share it with you..and I'm sure the girls here would be willing to do the same...we could do like everyday posting on the chapters and take turns..what do you guys think..? it's up to you Cpt. Ritter..but I don't mind sharing and writing about it..just give me a couple of days...till I finish the whole Rachel Con reports which I am almost done with..
                    I'd be forever in your debt if you did, the important stuff is best. Though some obscure trivia isn't always bad. If you're willing, I'd love to read through what you posted because (quite frankly) after buying the DVDs, I don't have a ton of money to spend.

Originally posted by melpomene
                    I've seen Rising three times. I LOVE the cave scene. That was the moment I became a shipper. *sighs nostalgically*
                    I didn't become a shipper then, but I said, hey... he likes her! That's cool.

Camy, please update your story as soon as you can, I'm looking forward as if my life depended on it. (It does)

Comment

Ack..Can't stay long...have way too many final papers to write for my classes...Darn you Profesors...you're keeping my away from my Shepmagan Thread...I think I'm going through withdrawal!

Can't stay long but I had to say to Camy You ROCK!!!!!! I love all your con reports...I'm so jealous!

Okay...got my DVD's...yea!!! Watched errr listened to the commentaries...(only thing I can do when I'm suppose to be typing a paper) and they are so great. Rachel does quite a few...love the one with her and Torri for 'Sanctuary.' Made me think of a girl's night out!

Snogging "The Gift" commentary was a riot. I love those two!

Anyway...John/Teyla stuff...Since I have now got Season 1 on DVD and have Windows Movie Maker (which I belive WitchBlade so kindly pointed out to me was good to made vids) I'm calling on you guys for some help.

I want to try (and take in mind I did say try) to make my first music vid so I need suggestions of songs and video clips from season 1 that would be good to use...

I have never tried doing this before so this is all going to be trail and error but I gotta start somewhere. I'll propbably start making my vid (errrr...once I figure out how to use Windows Movie Maker) in December after my finals are finished so help me out pretty please!

Comment

If your looking for a good way to do a Sheyla vid, I recommend cobbling together all the great Sheyla scenes from season 1 (i.e The Cave from Rising) and putting them to a good love song, my favorite being Keep on Loving You by R&O Speedwagon, it's an 80s song but I absolutely love it. Good luck with it and do what you want to, my ideas just a suggestion.

Comment

Oh I love that song! I have two ideas for vids but I plan on making them myself. Still, I'm crammed for time so if I get an idea I can't do I'll let you know. And I use WMM so feel free to PM me if you need tech advice. I can't wait to see what you come up with

Comment

[
                            QUOTE=Cpt. Ritter]I just love the show so much that I love watching each and every episode, almost to the point of practically living the adventure. It's a sad, sad story, but I absolutely love it. But I know what you mean about getting impatient. If it's showing in one part of the world, it should be showing everywhere. However, if you think that's bad, my poor Beta reader angw, hasn't even gotten SGA Season 1 or SG-1 Season 8 yet.
                            Sad, but I know exaclty what you mean...I can't wait to see Season 2 the second half...

Yes, my brain froze for a minute and I did slap myself. **ouch** Anyway, I'm a die-hard Sheyla fanatic and even if.... **leaves thought unstate** I'd rewrite every episode to make it true.
                            Oh, now I feel terrible...I don't like to hit my kids, but sometimes it's the only remedy....

I'd be forever in your debt if you did, the important stuff is best. Though some obscure trivia isn't always bad. If you're willing, I'd love to read through what you posted because (quite frankly) after buying the DVDs, I don't have a ton of money to spend.
                            No problem...if you promise to be patient...I promise to give you all the knitty gritty details...and I know I can count on the girls here to help me out...SP, Witchblade, AthosianGirl...right I can count on you? I think the three of you have it..right? How about we start this weekend...someone volunteer to write about the Preface with Joe Flannigan...who volunteers?

I didn't become a shipper then, but I said, hey... he likes her! That's cool.
                            You know, I am even ashamed to write this..but, I didn't start watching Atlantis when the pilot first came out or the first couple of episodes...Actually I started watching it when it started repeating the episodes..during this time of the year...When I first saw Joe Flannigan and the episode teasers and watched part of some episode with hubby...I was like this is terrible..terrible actors, terrible stories and Joe Flannigan is just imitating RDA...and didn't stay too watched..but then I saw my husband faithfully continue and like I always do...I get bored and end up sitting with him on a Saturday night, cuddling next to him in our warm blanket...caressing each other...oooppss..sorry..Just kidding....and then I got hooked! My first episode was actually Hide and Seek..I loved when John spoke with Teyla in the briefing room about his people being a curious race or something like that..and then I loved when he was sharing the story with the Athosian kids...and when he came running after her and she told him she wanted to know about that football he loved...I said to myself...look at these two...they are just too cute with each other..he shares with her people, she wants to know what he likes...he is explaining his people to her..and it was just so breathtakingly sweet and innocent and pure and so different from the hot core stuff that we see on TV today..that I was just hooked! and have been ever since....

Camy, please update your story as soon as you can, I'm looking forward as if my life depended on it. (It does);
                            I hope you are not just being nice to me...I have been busy as you know and my beta girls are overworked with school stuff and they are just the sweetest most patient girls in the world with me...I want to do my best and they want me to do my best...so I promised you, it is coming..but it is going to be just a little longer since it is still in reviews...I have it done and it went through one review..but I just need another reviewed from them and I will post it...promise....I'm here to please..and you keep it up and continue to update yours as well...I just love Together Forever...and I can't wait till you do one like Inner Demons and A FATE Worse than Death...those are my favorites.. There all my favorites...Thanks..Cpt. Ritter...you made my night!

AthosianGirl...wrote
                            Can't stay long but I had to say to Camy You ROCK!!!!!! I love all your con reports...I'm so jealous!
                            Oh, Stop it! *blushing* I'm just glad I didn't disappoint you guys...
                            sigpic

Comment

*jumps up and down*....Camy, I'll volunteer.......How about i post a summary of the Preface tomorrow night...?...that way it'll be a nice way to start the wkend?...

And just to get a little discussion going...WHEN DID U BECOME A SHEPMAGEN??....what was the first time you thought, 'oh pretty couple'....

Was it the cave scene?...the watching football?....A smile?..or the sparring?...

R.I.P Wraithlord
                              Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
                                And just to get a little discussion going...WHEN DID U BECOME A SHEPMAGEN??....what was the first time you thought, 'oh pretty couple'....

Was it the cave scene?...the watching football?....A smile?..or the sparring?...
                                It was when they first met. The way John flirted with her an the way she responded to him. The cave scene just finished me off. I was hooked.

The thing about me is once I make up my mind it is difficult, though not impossible, to get me to change my mind. I wasn't even aware of the possibility of a relationship between John and Weir until I returned to the Gate World forums. It was then I saw all the shippers they have for them. I couldn't believe it! While I now can understand there point of view, to a degree, I still reject it. I just don't get it! John and Teyla is just the natural choice for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X