John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camy View Post
    We are lucky that you do this, Nina...wasn't that an interesting scene. I can't wait to see it. I think it's going to be one of those capturing moments! Woohooo! Gosh, the suspense is really killing me! This season is going to be a shocker and a nerve wrecking one for me....

Have we heard anything about a Season 5? Jeez....
    No nothing of season 5 yet...

Well as Elf said once...I'm not link girl for nothing... lately I had my work cut out for me
    sigpic
    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
      Just a little tidbit that was found by a fan on a LJ

I asked Joe about the necklace he was wearing and he said he made it himself. He and Katherine were bored one day and each made one. The bracelet he's now sporting he made with one of his sons.

Thanks to nakedwesley for that.
      Awww. That is so sweet. Thanks for sharing Nina.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      Doppelganger caps http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n...ger/?start=all

DG caps
      Spoiler:

Wooohooo. Linda. Awesome caps.

Hey Camy.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
        Well, I"m going to host a Doopelganger Wallpaper Contest in Beya and I want to make the poster...but I"m so anxious to announce it that I can't wait for Wikked to post hers on Wednesday since she won't see and cap the episode until Tuesday when it airs in Canada...AH!!!!!

So, this will do WONDERFULLY for that! GRACIAS!
        Oh right...Well just help yourself to any of the pics you want!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
        Wooohooo. Linda. Awesome caps.
        Thanks,DG is my new fave now but that might change when Missing comes on in..........3 WEEKS!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the caps and links, you guys.

Camy, love your sig.

I need to make a new one, I suppose.

doxymom

Comment

Hi, I am new here. I could never see a real relationship between Sheppard and Teyla, but, in DG,
            Spoiler:
            the concern that Teyla shows about him is different, more sensitive. When she says "don't have to be you" we can see how close she is, because she knows he is blaming himself and she is worried about him . Maybe something will come between them. Let's wait.

Comment

Originally posted by tatinha View Post
              Hi, I am new here. I could never see a real relationship between Sheppard and Teyla, but, in DG,
              Spoiler:
              the concern that Teyla shows about him is different, more sensitive. When she says "don't have to be you" we can see how close she is, because she knows he is blaming himself and she is worried about him . Maybe something will come between them. Let's wait.
              Hi, tatinha! Welcome to the J/T fan club!

Have you ever seen Conversion?
              Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
              "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
              sigpic
              dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Thanks for the links Nina and the caps Linda

Welcome tatinha

A Doppelganger wallie...

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the welcome,

And, about convertion, yes, I saw it, but in that case, Sheppard was under influence of an animal instinct, what doesn't mean he had other feelings about her, but, in DG, it's different. That's what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Theicero View Post
                    Well, what I find interesting is how there is little to NO Dex/Keller storyline development before we get a glimpse of an
                    Spoiler:
                    attempted "non-virally-infected" kiss
                    . Both Dex & Keller are relatively new characters in comparison to John & Teyla. Yet, JT fans are having to "suffer" through a drag-out of storyline development just for a few "squeeeee" moments that still leave a lot of those moments up in the air for "interpretation." Writer's intentions, commentaries, and interviews are all off-show expressions about the JT pairing... why can't they be MORE clear about their JT intentions on the show? With little to NO Dex/Keller development, this pairing is suppose to be plausible and credible?... the writers just go for it with these characters. Why do the writers feel like they have to be so drawn out and careful about lead-up for John/Teyla -- that is if they actually ever amount to anything more?

I'm a JT fan because I like both John & Teyla characters individually and together. My like for J/T does not depend on any other ship on the show.

I've also read some of the comments on JM's blog and the Dex/Keller haters are making themselves known... a mere brief distraction for the JT haters, for true anti-shipping leaves Dex/Keller as no exception.

....pardon me... a mild case of ranting.
                    As has been said by others, it's the standard shipping method on TV - there's the main couple who are really annoying and don't get together until the very end, and then there's the not-so-main characters who DO get together. A good example is Max/Liz and Michael/Maria from Roswell. And I suppose Jack/Sam, Daniel/Vala... kinda. Ish.

Spoiler:
                    Hey, WELCOME TO THE THREAD!

I'm sure Auntie Sci will bring out the champagne in a moment... I'm glad you enjoyed DG - we all certainly did!! LOL...

And hey, thanks for the links and the caps guys! Mental and real green to all!
                    sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Welcome tatinha....There's some people here JT fans but not really shippers as such so don't worry about it......We'll just try and brainwash ye heehee jk.....maybe!

Originally posted by bluealien View Post

Welcome tatinha

A Doppelganger wallie...

Spoiler:

WOW,gorgeous....You don't waste much time huh!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post

Welcome tatinha

A Doppelganger wallie...

Spoiler:
                        Oh, WOW! *hands everyone earplugs*

Spoiler:
                        SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I LOVE it!
                        sigpic
                        dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Thanks for the welcome,

And, about convertion, yes, I saw it, but in that case, Sheppard was under influence of an animal instinct, what doesn't mean he had other feelings about her, but, in DG, it's different. That's what I think.
                          This is true, but it's very telling that the kiss happens so early on in the episode - it's about five minutes in, when he's only just starting to feel the effects. It makes him able to heal and run fast and strong etc, and then it completely removes all his inhibitions, which is why he can't stop himself, like he does usually. He's still almost completely human at this point.

That's what I think anyway...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
                            Oh, WOW! *hands everyone earplugs*

Spoiler:
                            SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I LOVE it!
                            Call that a squee? Elfie would be ashamed of you...

Spoiler:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

And I'm in such a perpetual state of squeeness over J/T at the moment that I don't even need a specific reason!

Aren't you all lucky?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
                              This is true, but it's very telling that the kiss happens so early on in the episode - it's about five minutes in, when he's only just starting to feel the effects. It makes him able to heal and run fast and strong etc, and then it completely removes all his inhibitions, which is why he can't stop himself, like he does usually. He's still almost completely human at this point.

Totally! Oh, ruby:

Congrats on 1500 posts!

Now WHERE did I put that little clip of what looks like John dancing with the sticks...
                              sigpic
                              dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post

I agree Ruby..
                                The lowering of his inhibitions due to the effect of the retro virus just made him show his feelings for Teyla... something he has always buried. I guess you could say it's like having a few drinks. Gave him the courage to do what he had always wanted to do. If there were no feelings there in the first place then I don't think he would have kissed her at all... maybe strangled her like he did to Weir...
                                And I agree too that he was also in the very early stages of the effects of the virus .. so again that makes me believe that it was still very much John.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X