John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aaobuttons
    Delurking here to post a vid rec. In case you haven't seen it, it's nominated for the vid awards http://svendra.com/vids/sga/over.zip "It ain't over till it's over". It has lots of 'looks' you all are so keen on.

Oh, I was on my way to sleep and now you definetly got me in the Shep/Teyla mood with this one...I am with Mel..I am giving you a green for this one as well....thanks....You guys have to see this....

SP...you are going to love it!

IT WON'T LET ME GREEN YOU...I DON'T KNOW WHY...SORRY...I'LL TRY AGAIN LATER...
    sigpic

Comment

Camy, Camy, Camy, do you have the SGA S1 companion book? There's something in there that'll make you squee if you don't!
      Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip
        Camy, Camy, Camy, do you have the SGA S1 companion book? There's something in there that'll make you squee if you don't!

What? What? I don't have it! Please tell me!

You have to check out that vid...even if you are not a shipper..it is awesome!
        sigpic

Comment

Tell me too I wanna know too!!!! *whines*

(I'll be lucky if I can buy the box set much less the companion book)

Comment

I will check out the vid, even though I'm not ready to ship.

Ok...ready?

According to James Bamford, stunt coodinator, the stick fighting is not about training or fighting. "It's really more about the sexual tension between to two of them, the eye contact and the flirting. It's not an intense fight, but it really does what it's supposed to do."

Ok...breathe.

I know that's what you all have always believed, and those of you who have to book have probably already read it. I'm not ready to join the shipping full-on, but I always thought to myself that the sparring was a flirtation. I will wait to throw my hat in the ring when someone admits feelings, but I thought you'd appreciate it. Consider it a late birthday present.
            Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
              Tell me too I wanna know too!!!! *whines*

(I'll be lucky if I can buy the box set much less the companion book)

Where can I get this companion...do you think the library will have a copy?
              I just want to save for the DVD box and I don't want to get a book that I will just read once and that's it...how much is it, anyways?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                Where can I get this companion...do you think the library will have a copy?
                I just want to save for the DVD box and I don't want to get a book that I will just read once and that's it...how much is it, anyways?
                I got it at Barnes and Noble, but they have it a Amazon.com, too. It was $14.95, but there's some behind the scenes stuff, director's and producer's comments, actor's comments, and "mission reports" by Dr. Weir.

Also, on a side note, I found some vindication regarding the Teyla's costuming discussion we had a long time ago.
                Sig by Camy

Comment

I will check out the vid, even though I'm not ready to ship.

Ok...ready?

According to James Bamford, stunt coodinator, the stick fighting is not about training or fighting. "It's really more about the sexual tension between to two of them, the eye contact and the flirting. It's not an intense fight, but it really does what it's supposed to do."

Ok...breathe.

I know that's what you all have always believed, and those of you who have to book have probably already read it. I'm not ready to join the shipping full-on, but I always thought to myself that the sparring was a flirtation. I will wait to throw my hat in the ring when someone admits feelings, but I thought you'd appreciate it. Consider it a late birthday present.

OH..you are spoiling me! That is soooo good to read...so, you aren't turning to the dark side yet...huh?
                  Thanks for making my night! LOVE IT!
                  Now, I will dream of all those sparring sessions....
                  Oh, wait, so does that mean that in Conversion, the kiss then was just what we thought of Sheppard...he has always wanted to do that...kiss her and now that he was not quite himself, he did what he always wanted to do...since these sessions are a flirtatious activity, it only seems logical that in Conversion, John took it to the next level..of coarse, not the way he wanted but certainly something that he has wanted to do...OH....I am so in a Shep/Teyla mood.....

Thanks Majortrip! You are the best...
                  sigpic

Comment

I got it at Barnes and Noble, but they have it a Amazon.com, too. It was $14.95, but there's some behind the scenes stuff, director's and producer's comments, actor's comments, and "mission reports" by Dr. Weir.

Also, on a side note, I found some vindication regarding the Teyla's costuming discussion we had a long time ago.

Okay...some vindication? Stop talking in foreign language to me! Just kidding...
                    So, what is the reason for her costume...I would imagine that the sparring outfit is for her to be able to move better...right? or am I off on the deep end here...You must tell me...you can't just leave me like this!
                    sigpic

Comment

I suppose we'll have to wait for the S2 companion to see if there's any insight into what the "kiss" scene REALLY meant. For now you'll have to infer the meaning for yourselves...
                      Sig by Camy

Comment

I suppose we'll have to wait for the S2 companion to see if there's any insight into what the "kiss" scene REALLY meant. For now you'll have to infer the meaning for yourselves...

WHAT? You know how to bring a girl down!
                        Alright...I'll stop! But what about the outfit...what is that about?
                        sigpic

Comment

OH..you are spoiling me! That is soooo good to read...so, you aren't turning to the dark side yet...huh?
                          Thanks for making my night! LOVE IT!
                          Now, I will dream of all those sparring sessions....
                          Oh, wait, so does that mean that in Conversion, the kiss then was just what we thought of Sheppard...he has always wanted to do that...kiss her and now that he was not quite himself, he did what he always wanted to do...since these sessions are a flirtatious activity, it only seems logical that in Conversion, John took it to the next level..of coarse, not the way he wanted but certainly something that he has wanted to do...OH....I am so in a Shep/Teyla mood.....

Thanks Majortrip! You are the best...
                          Thanks Majortrip!!!!!!

I'm with you Camy. He wouldn't have done it if he wasn't whacked out, but there was obviously some part of him wanted to do that. For one thing, he's still on and off lucid when he does it, so it's not as extremely out of character as say, attacking people. For another thing, if it had just been another I'm-turning-into-a-Wraith incident. He probably would have say, actually hurt her. Instead of kissing her. Shep went nuts and hit a lot of people really hard. Teyla is one of the few people he never threatened. And the only person he kissed. This, as they say, cannot be a coincidence...

Comment

Hey....I did my avatar! YEAH! I have an avatar! I have an Avatar!
                            Okay..i'm off to bed....goodnight....
                            sigpic

Comment

Okay...some vindication? Stop talking in foreign language to me! Just kidding...
                              So, what is the reason for her costume...I would imagine that the sparring outfit is for her to be able to move better...right? or am I off on the deep end here...You must tell me...you can't just leave me like this!
                              LOL Camy! I didn't mean to get you so worked up. Ok, remember a while back, we had a discussion about why they chose to dress Teyla the way they did? Some people said she was dressed suggestively, and I said the Athosians didn't have air conditioning?

Teyla "isn't shackled" by Earth's military dress code, so the purple top she wears is to maintain a connection to her people. They liked the idea of Teyla going to the mainland on "shopping sprees" so that's why we see her in so many outfits, outside of her expedition BDUs.

You're spot on about her sparring outfit. It's meant to give her freedom of movement, but also accent Rachel's muscles to give Teyla a powerful prescence.
                              Sig by Camy

Comment

Night Camy

Comment

Working...
                                X