No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All right, here's the next part of Deception. I did mention ANGST, right?

Spoiler:
    Four months later:

Teyla was on the infirmary bed, recovering from a blast from a Wraith stunner. While traveling off-world, the team encountered a group of Wraith outside the village they were visiting. They had managed to eliminate the threat, but Teyla had been hit.

Keller looked from the screen with Teyla’s vitals to Sheppard. “Well, she’s going to be fine, but, Colonel, we don’t know what effects Wraith stunners have on embryos. I’ll monitor the baby, but so far, everything looks fine.”

John’s mind stopped processing anything she said after the word “embryos.” “Um, doc, what are you talking about?”

Keller’s eyes widened. “You mean she didn’t tell you?” She sighed as he shook his head. “Look, I’ve said more than I should have. I just thought since you are friends…” She trailed off. “I’ll contact you when she’s awake. It shouldn’t be more than a half hour.”

He hated being sent away. However, what he despised more was being left in the dark about members of his team. Teyla was pregnant? How? When? With whom? With each question, Sheppard’s walking became more swift, as if he was trying to run away from the Athosian woman.

Unable to get a grip on his anger, he went to his quarters, not wanting to take out his rage on anyone around him. Why hadn’t she told him? Obviously, she was aware of her…condition. It wasn’t like there wasn’t an opportunity; they saw each other every day.

His anger was fueled by her betrayal with every second. People were wrong, he thought. Anger wasn’t red; it was an explosion of color, a fire that could only been extinguished by hitting something really hard.

Just as he was about to see if it was possible to punch a hole through the wall, his door chime interrupted him. Stomping, he quickly activated the door crystal. When he opened the door, Teyla was standing on the other side. “John,” she said softly.

His laugh was bitter. “Oh, so it’s John, huh? You can’t reveal your secret to ‘Colonel Sheppard’, but ‘John’ will just forgive you with no questions asked, right?” he said.

“May I please come in?” she asked, not dismayed by his demeanor.

“Sure, I mean it’s not like anything is going to happen anyway, right?”

That time the comment hit its mark; her eyes fluttered closed. “I should not have kept this information from you. Any of you,” she admitted.

“Damn right. Teyla, how in the hell am I suppose to trust you if you can’t do the same?” he asked in a raised voice.

“I believe this child is a gift from the Ancestors. I did not want to curse it,” she said, trying to explain herself.

A gift? “What the hell does that mean?”

She sat on the edge of his bed. At any other time, it would have thrilled Sheppard that she was so relaxed in his quarters. Now, he could barely stand to look at her, knowing she had been in somebody else’s bed.

“Do you remember when we visited that planet with Tyre?”

He nodded. Of course he did, it was the first mission they had with Colonel Carter in charge of Atlantis.

“The man that I was with, his name is Kanan. He is an Athosian who left many years ago to try to fight the Wraith. In our youth, we were quite in l--”

“Ok, I got the picture. You see an old flame. So what?” he asked, running a hand through his hair.

“After talking, we went back to his place and--”

“You guys did the horizontal tango?” Sheppard spat.

Though unfamiliar with the term, she understood the context of what he was saying. Nodding, she answered, “Afterwards, I could not find him as you know. For many weeks, I was upset. I know that Kanan is a good man, but I could not understand why he would leave. About a month later, Dr. Keller and I traveled to Athos and my people were missing. It was there I discovered the impending birth of my child. I knew then that my night with Kanan was the Ancestors way of allowing the Athosians to survive.”

John looked at her disbelievingly. “So, you think you are carrying some miracle child?” At her nod, he nearly exploded. “It couldn’t just be that you slept with some guy who left you high and dry after he got what he wanted and now you’re trying to make your mistake into something noble?”

He wasn’t expecting her to slap him across the face.

“Do not refer to my baby as such! Unexpected, yes, but it is not a mistake.”

He shrugged off her demand. “Whatever. But, the bottom line is that you withheld information about you that could compromise the team. How are we suppose to investigate places unexplored being exposed to who knows what without the child affecting those decisions? We can’t operate as a team.” He swallowed, already hating himself for what he was about to say. “Teyla, you’re off my team. Talk it over with Carter and see what she wants you to do.”

Tears welled up in her eyes. Despite her sorrow, part of her was glad not having to risk the health of her baby. Still, to not by John, Ronon, and Rodney, would be lonely. “If you feel that would be best,” she said, trying to sound strong.

“I do,” he said. “Look, you should probably get some rest. I’m sure Dr. Keller wants you to take it easy after everything today.”

John wasn’t really surprised when Carter radioed him, asking to see him in her office. When he stepped in, she took no time to put him on the defensive. “What is this about you taking Teyla off your team?” she demanded.

“I assume she decided to fill you in on her condition,” he said bitterly as he took a seat.

“She did.”

“There you know there is no way in hell that I’m going to take her off-world and jeopardize her or the baby. Dr. Keller already was worried what one blast from the Wraith stunner was going to do to it. There’s no reason to put her in that situation,” he explained.

“I know that my trust in her has been shot.” He leaned forward in his chair. “I mean, she thinks that the Ancients played a part with her hooking up with this guy. Come on.”

“Colonel, if I didn’t know any better, I would say that you were jealous,” she said.

He surprised them both by his answer. “Jealous doesn’t even begin to describe it.”

Carter nodded, sighing. “All right, you find another member for your team. I’ll give Teyla another assignment.”

He nodded, torn between being relived that he didn’t have to stand by while the fruits of Teyla and Kanan’s labor grew and mourning the fact he was losing one of his best friends.
    sigpic
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
      Yes, but that was written in season three before RL knew she was pregnant. There have been

Spoiler:
      current interviews with RL mentioning someone named Kanan...
      I know of those, but I also read JM's Blog and HE says nothing about the guy, makes me think they are playing mind games with us to tear us all apart, which still brings up the question....

Spoiler:
      How can Teyla get in bed with a guy she left when she joined John's team?!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
        I know of those, but I also read JM's Blog and HE says nothing about the guy, makes me think they are playing mind games with us to tear us all apart, which still brings up the question....

Spoiler:
        How can Teyla get in bed with a guy she left when she joined John's team?!
        I really don't want to get into an argument, but there are a lot of things that JM doesn't mention in his blog. For example,

Spoiler:
        In Dopp, he never said there was a Character Death, but there is one. In his blog he has said he's not going to mention anything that is considered to be a major spoiler.

Bottom line, we will know soon enough!
        sigpic
        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Spoiler:
          Four months later:

Teyla was on the infirmary bed, recovering from a blast from a Wraith stunner. While traveling off-world, the team encountered a group of Wraith outside the village they were visiting. They had managed to eliminate the threat, but Teyla had been hit.

Keller looked from the screen with Teyla’s vitals to Sheppard. “Well, she’s going to be fine, but, Colonel, we don’t know what effects Wraith stunners have on embryos. I’ll monitor the baby, but so far, everything looks fine.”

John’s mind stopped processing anything she said after the word “embryos.” “Um, doc, what are you talking about?”

Keller’s eyes widened. “You mean she didn’t tell you?” She sighed as he shook his head. “Look, I’ve said more than I should have. I just thought since you are friends…” She trailed off. “I’ll contact you when she’s awake. It shouldn’t be more than a half hour.”

He hated being sent away. However, what he despised more was being left in the dark about members of his team. Teyla was pregnant? How? When? With whom? With each question, Sheppard’s walking became more swift, as if he was trying to run away from the Athosian woman.

Unable to get a grip on his anger, he went to his quarters, not wanting to take out his rage on anyone around him. Why hadn’t she told him? Obviously, she was aware of her…condition. It wasn’t like there wasn’t an opportunity; they saw each other every day.

His anger was fueled by her betrayal with every second. People were wrong, he thought. Anger wasn’t red; it was an explosion of color, a fire that could only been extinguished by hitting something really hard.

Just as he was about to see if it was possible to punch a hole through the wall, his door chime interrupted him. Stomping, he quickly activated the door crystal. When he opened the door, Teyla was standing on the other side. “John,” she said softly.

His laugh was bitter. “Oh, so it’s John, huh? You can’t reveal your secret to ‘Colonel Sheppard’, but ‘John’ will just forgive you with no questions asked, right?” he said.

That time the comment hit its mark; her eyes fluttered closed. “I should not have kept this information from you. Any of you,” she admitted.

“Damn right. Teyla, how in the hell am I suppose to trust you if you can’t do the same?” he asked in a raised voice.

“I believe this child is a gift from the Ancestors. I did not want to curse it,” she said, trying to explain herself.

She sat on the edge of his bed. At any other time, it would have thrilled Sheppard that she was so relaxed in his quarters. Now, he could barely stand to look at her, knowing she had been in somebody else’s bed.

He nodded. Of course he did, it was the first mission they had with Colonel Carter in charge of Atlantis.

“The man that I was with, his name is Kanan. He is an Athosian who left many years ago to try to fight the Wraith. In our youth, we were quite in l--”

“Ok, I got the picture. You see an old flame. So what?” he asked, running a hand through his hair.

Though unfamiliar with the term, she understood the context of what he was saying. Nodding, she answered, “Afterwards, I could not find him as you know. For many weeks, I was upset. I know that Kanan is a good man, but I could not understand why he would leave. About a month later, Dr. Keller and I traveled to Athos and my people were missing. It was there I discovered the impending birth of my child. I knew then that my night with Kanan was the Ancestors way of allowing the Athosians to survive.”

John looked at her disbelievingly. “So, you think you are carrying some miracle child?” At her nod, he nearly exploded. “It couldn’t just be that you slept with some guy who left you high and dry after he got what he wanted and now you’re trying to make your mistake into something noble?”

He shrugged off her demand. “Whatever. But, the bottom line is that you withheld information about you that could compromise the team. How are we suppose to investigate places unexplored being exposed to who knows what without the child affecting those decisions? We can’t operate as a team.” He swallowed, already hating himself for what he was about to say. “Teyla, you’re off my team. Talk it over with Carter and see what she wants you to do.”

Tears welled up in her eyes. Despite her sorrow, part of her was glad not having to risk the health of her baby. Still, to not by John, Ronon, and Rodney, would be lonely. “If you feel that would be best,” she said, trying to sound strong.

“I do,” he said. “Look, you should probably get some rest. I’m sure Dr. Keller wants you to take it easy after everything today.”

John wasn’t really surprised when Carter radioed him, asking to see him in her office. When he stepped in, she took no time to put him on the defensive. “What is this about you taking Teyla off your team?” she demanded.

“I assume she decided to fill you in on her condition,” he said bitterly as he took a seat.

“She did.”

“There you know there is no way in hell that I’m going to take her off-world and jeopardize her or the baby. Dr. Keller already was worried what one blast from the Wraith stunner was going to do to it. There’s no reason to put her in that situation,” he explained.

“I know that my trust in her has been shot.” He leaned forward in his chair. “I mean, she thinks that the Ancients played a part with her hooking up with this guy. Come on.”

“Colonel, if I didn’t know any better, I would say that you were jealous,” she said.

He surprised them both by his answer. “Jealous doesn’t even begin to describe it.”

Carter nodded, sighing. “All right, you find another member for your team. I’ll give Teyla another assignment.”

He nodded, torn between being relived that he didn’t have to stand by while the fruits of Teyla and Kanan’s labor grew and mourning the fact he was losing one of his best friends.
          Spoiler:
          Ooh, this was so so so good!! I love it!

I think Teyla might actually think something like that...

and I loved John's reaction - my favourite part:

'He surprised them both by his answer. “Jealous doesn’t even begin to describe it.”'

Brilliant! Poor John...
          sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Okay, here's a very short conversation between Ronon and John, which I want to post now jsut in case
            Spoiler:
            tonight does see the appearance of Kanan

Spoiler:

Ronon lowered his beer and looked at John. “So, what’s this Kanan guy like?” He asked.

John shrugged. “He’s okay,” he said, reaching for his own beer.

“Yeah, but what’s he like?” Ronon repeated.

John raised an eyebrow at him. “What, you want adjectives?” He said. “Fine. He’s… charming. Kind. Generous. Smart. He’s good-looking. He’s one hell of a fighter. Good sense of humour. He’s known Teyla since she was born, and she trusts him implicitly. He’s your pretty much all-round great guy.”

Pause.

“You hate him, don’t you?”

John stared at the wall opposite him, his jaw set. “More than you will ever know,” he replied.

Ronon nodded and reached down to the box by his feet. They would definitely be needing more beer.

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
              Four months later:

“She did.”

Wow YC.......just...wow....this is so very, very well written. And its absolutely dripping with angst, my favorite kind of fic You definitely get an O for OUTSTANDING.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
                Okay, here's a very short conversation between Ronon and John, which I want to post now jsut in case
                Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Ronon lowered his beer and looked at John. “So, what’s this Kanan guy like?” He asked.

John raised an eyebrow at him. “What, you want adjectives?” He said. “Fine. He’s… charming. Kind. Generous. Smart. He’s good-looking. He’s one hell of a fighter. Good sense of humour. He’s known Teyla since she was born, and she trusts him implicitly. He’s your pretty much all-round great guy.”

Pause.

John stared at the wall opposite him, his jaw set. “More than you will ever know,” he replied.

Ronon nodded and reached down to the box by his feet. They would definitely be needing more beer.

Love it! Could sooooo see that happening...
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Pause.

HA! I kid you not, I could totally hear them in my head as I read it! Brilliant Ruby!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                    Wow YC.......just...wow....this is so very, very well written. And its absolutely dripping with angst, my favorite kind of fic You definitely get an O for OUTSTANDING.
                    Thank you, thank you! Just wait until you guys see what I'm going to do next
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Steph! I'm glad you're liking it so far!

Sci, I should have your story you by tomorrow at the latest, so if you write any more parts, just send them my way!

I'm hoping to have another part posted today. Keep your fingers crossed. But, it's angsty. ANGSTY. Don't say I didn't warn you...
                      Take your time Jess and I'll the rest for you today.
                      And I can't wait to read your story.

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                      NO. I will try that. Are all of you able to see my sigs? I can not see them at all is why I am asking!

Thanks Sci! BRB everybody!
                      OK.

I have a new story in the works...

Spoiler:
                      Basically it will completely and utterly take the **** out of all of us... it's a missing moments kind of story, told from Ronon's POV. What will happen is that Ronon (sometime during season 3) will be approached by a secret society on Atlantis, whose sole purpose is to get John and Teyla together. Ronon gets sucked into their schemes and becomes one of them. And, of course, the cohort of obsessed shippers will a complete parody of this thread.

There will also be a side of slight Ronon/Jennifer in the story

What do you think? One of them is going to be completely obsessed with angst, by the way...

That sound interesting. I can't wait to see it.

Elf: Did it work?

Comment

Thank you, thank you! Just wait until you guys see what I'm going to do next
                        I cant wait!! How long ya think, couple hours, days, weeks??
                        8 more hours for me till REUNIONnnnnnnnnnnnnnc

Comment

Revelations. Part 7:

Spoiler:

Most of the day was fairly uneventful and it took all of John’s will power to stay away from the gate room. He didn’t want it to be too obvious that he was eagerly waiting for Teyla’s visit.
                          As night starts to roll in, John begins to worry. Rodney calls John to the control room to discuss possible planets that might have ZPM’s. John’s tries to concentrate, but that uneasy feeling started to creep in again.
                          Suddenly, the chevrons on the stargate start to light up and the familiar site of the event horizon forcing through. John wait for the confirmation of Teyla’s IDC and once the technician announces it John begins to walk towards the stairs. Before he was even half way down the steps he sees Jinto running through and looking frightful.
                          “Colonel Sheppard, please come quickly! It is Teyla!” yells Jinto.
                          “Ok. Slow down. Tell me what’s happening,” John tries to ask calmly.
                          “She is really sick and I know she told me not to come... She said she would be fine, but she is getting worse. I didn’t know what to do,” continues Jinto.
                          John calls for a medical team to meet him in the jumper bay and he motions Jinto to go with him.
                          “You did the right thing Jinto,” John says reassuringly. “Why did you use Teyla’s IDC instead of the one we left with your village?”
                          Jinto lowers his eyes, “Father was only fallowing what Teyla had asked us to do, but I had to disobey father. So, I took Teyla’s and I quietly left to get you.”
                          John nods in understanding. They both arrive at the jumper before the medical team gets there. John has Jinto sit next to him and he notices a tear roll down Jinto’s face.
                          “Jinto. I’m sure your father will forgive you,” John says with a comforting tone.
                          “That is not why I am sad. Teyla is very hot to the touch and she has been calling out for Tagan and for you. Father says, when our people begin to call out those they are close too, when they are ill, then it means that the time is close to the end of their…” Jinto pauses. “I just thought that you could do something to help.”
                          John’s eyes sadden at the thought of Teyla being so bad that she could die. As soon as Keller and her team get in John begins to take off.
                          “Jinto, can you tell me what happened before Teyla got sick?” asks Keller.
                          Jinto searches for his thoughts, “Oh! Um, after Teyla came back from her trading this morning she told us how tired she felt, but she first told father what had happened over there. In order for them to trust her, she had to drink a strong ale that the leaders of their people only drank. She told us that is was foul, but in order to earn their trust she did it.”
                          Keller looks worried, “Colonel. I’m thinking it might be something in the drink that is making Teyla sick. Jinto, did anyone else drink what Teyla had?”
                          Jinto shakes his head no, “She also had to bring some back for when the traders come to see our village.”
                          “Good. I might have to bring that back with us to analyze it,” replies Keller.
                          John lands as close to the village as he can. Jinto brings Keller and John to Teyla’s tent. Halling actually looks relieved and gives Jinto a hug. Keller quickly goes over to Teyla. She motions one of her nurses to take the container of ale, so they can bring it back with them. She explains to Halling that she thinks that there is something in the drink that is making Teyla sick. Halling gives an understanding nod.
                          John’s heart sinks as he watches Teyla’s bead with sweat and her mumbling inaudible words. He is so entranced that he doesn’t her Keller calling him.
                          “Colonel. Colonel Sheppard!” yells Keller. John snaps out of his daze. “We need to get Teyla out of here now, but we need to wait for stretcher to get here!
                          Without hesitation John sweeps Teyla into his arms and runs her to the jumper. Keller and her team are close behind.

Sorry it's so long. I'll try to finish with next chapter.
                          Spoiler:
                          OK. You guys we're right about this one. LOL. I must be slipping.

Comment

Fic rec-->http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3832057/1/Diaphanous

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                              Revelations. Part 7:

Spoiler:

Most of the day was fairly uneventful and it took all of John’s will power to stay away from the gate room. He didn’t want it to be too obvious that he was eagerly waiting for Teyla’s visit.
                              As night starts to roll in, John begins to worry. Rodney calls John to the control room to discuss possible planets that might have ZPM’s. John’s tries to concentrate, but that uneasy feeling started to creep in again.
                              Suddenly, the chevrons on the stargate start to light up and the familiar site of the event horizon forcing through. John wait for the confirmation of Teyla’s IDC and once the technician announces it John begins to walk towards the stairs. Before he was even half way down the steps he sees Jinto running through and looking frightful.
                              “She is really sick and I know she told me not to come... She said she would be fine, but she is getting worse. I didn’t know what to do,” continues Jinto.
                              John calls for a medical team to meet him in the jumper bay and he motions Jinto to go with him.
                              “You did the right thing Jinto,” John says reassuringly. “Why did you use Teyla’s IDC instead of the one we left with your village?”
                              Jinto lowers his eyes, “Father was only fallowing what Teyla had asked us to do, but I had to disobey father. So, I took Teyla’s and I quietly left to get you.”
                              John nods in understanding. They both arrive at the jumper before the medical team gets there. John has Jinto sit next to him and he notices a tear roll down Jinto’s face.
                              “Jinto. I’m sure your father will forgive you,” John says with a comforting tone.
                              “That is not why I am sad. Teyla is very hot to the touch and she has been calling out for Tagan and for you. Father says, when our people begin to call out those they are close too, when they are ill, then it means that the time is close to the end of their…” Jinto pauses. “I just thought that you could do something to help.”
                              John’s eyes sadden at the thought of Teyla being so bad that she could die. As soon as Keller and her team get in John begins to take off.
                              Jinto searches for his thoughts, “Oh! Um, after Teyla came back from her trading this morning she told us how tired she felt, but she first told father what had happened over there. In order for them to trust her, she had to drink a strong ale that the leaders of their people only drank. She told us that is was foul, but in order to earn their trust she did it.”
                              Keller looks worried, “Colonel. I’m thinking it might be something in the drink that is making Teyla sick. Jinto, did anyone else drink what Teyla had?”
                              Jinto shakes his head no, “She also had to bring some back for when the traders come to see our village.”
                              John lands as close to the village as he can. Jinto brings Keller and John to Teyla’s tent. Halling actually looks relieved and gives Jinto a hug. Keller quickly goes over to Teyla. She motions one of her nurses to take the container of ale, so they can bring it back with them. She explains to Halling that she thinks that there is something in the drink that is making Teyla sick. Halling gives an understanding nod.
                              John’s heart sinks as he watches Teyla’s bead with sweat and her mumbling inaudible words. He is so entranced that he doesn’t her Keller calling him.
                              “Colonel. Colonel Sheppard!” yells Keller. John snaps out of his daze. “We need to get Teyla out of here now, but we need to wait for stretcher to get here!
                              Without hesitation John sweeps Teyla into his arms and runs her to the jumper. Keller and her team are close behind.

Spoiler:
                              Oh great update...........

Spoiler:
                              Poor kid, at least he was smart enough to go find Sheppard. This is such a good story Sci.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                                Revelations. Part 7:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Brilliant update Sci

Spoiler:
                                I loved the image of John sweeping her up and running to the jumper. And yay for Jinto - I miss him!

Don't rush the ending - I LIKE long stories!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X