No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kavanaugh...i was awestruck by that scene...i thought she was wonderful...the whole governer...bit was amazing and she did it great...she was very strong in 38 minutes...she didn't worry like she's been doing recently...i mean expression wise...she was logical and positive...

R.I.P Wraithlord
    Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
      Oh, how many posts have we done...wait till people see this tomorrow...boy are we going to hear it from them....
      We're currently on page 217.......I think they're going to complain about all the reading....

R.I.P Wraithlord
      Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Witchblade...I agree with you..about the Caldwell and character development but again...how come she yelled at the ponytail guy(can't remember his name) and not at Bates? I'm telling you...there is something there on purpose..she yelled at others before...she wasn't afraid of him..it was that she didn't want to deal with the whole emotions...but, hey I could be wrong...

And I agree..I didn't like her in suspicion at all...Even Rodney who had been a jerk to Teyla in other episodes stood up for Teyla in Suspicion...Loved it how he snapped at Bates in the control room...But she didn't! and I didn't like it at all...and I think this will come back again...Trinity II..? I think this will come back..I don't think she trusts Teyla completely...
        sigpic

Comment

Weir is definitely developing more of a backbone, and her scenes with Caldwell are perfect examples of this. Good catch.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

The guy's name is Kavanaugh.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

KAVANAUGH...Thank you...again...not to be a b----...and I am not against Weir at all...but in 38 minutes...who was in danger? Why did she snapped at him...? Her boy was in danger? similar to her reactions in Conversion, maybe? do you not see the similarities..and now the Lost Boys...her worrying and sending everyone to search for them? Am I the only one that sees this..or am I just seeing things..really let me know!
              sigpic

Comment

Oh it loved Rodney in 'suspicion' he really didn't doubt Teyla not until the whole necklace transmitter thing...and then he went straight to John....His comments about 'lack of imagination on you part' to Bates...his almost yelling at Bates about how ford was absent..maybe he's the traitor...and when he's explaining the necklace...i swear the last part where he opened his mouth and closed it back that we was going to say , 'what are you missing...?"

R.I.P Wraithlord
                Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Okay.. I don't want to come out as anti-Weir...but again...everytime, she defends or stands up really strong to something..who is she defending...and who is she trying to protect?
                  sigpic

Comment

John...I think she's worrying more...recently....it's very spooky....i mean there's worrying as in the professional way and then worrying that goes over board...i don't know if it's the script or what...but the worrying in 38 minutes compared to the worrying in lost boys seems somewhat different i can't explain it really..but there was an attitude in 38 mins that i think she's missing 'lost boys'...

R.I.P Wraithlord
                    Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

No, I am completely understanding what you're saying, and I think the fact that I noticed it too is one of the reasons that Shep/Weir makes me queasy. I don't want a ship based on this sort of interaction. I understand that she's a leader and that she is naturally a compassionate person, but we rarely see her reactions when Shep is not directly involved. Whether this is intentional or not, I don't know, but this is how it comes across. Shep being in trouble makes her agitated and worried, and she reacts accordingly. I just don't want this to become a pattern, but it bothers me how engrained she has become in this role.

Comment

Oh, I love Rodney in this episode too! I think that Rodney has a lot more character, courage, and nobility underneath all of his whining and blustering, and it is such a treat to watch him discover it.

Comment

I think the guy...oh no what's his name..the leader from 'condemed' got Rodney's character down pat....

R.I.P Wraithlord
                          Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
                            John...I think she's worrying more...recently....it's very spooky....i mean there's worrying as in the professional way and then worrying that goes over board...i don't know if it's the script or what...but the worrying in 38 minutes compared to the worrying in lost boys seems somewhat different i can't explain it really..but there was an attitude in 38 mins that i think she's missing 'lost boys'...
                            My thoughts exactly. It bothers me for some reason, and I can't explain it. I don't mind her being protective of those she's responsible for and worrying when they get into a really bad situation, but every week? It IS a different feeling than it was before, and it scares me sometimes quite a lot. I guess I panic that Shep/Weir is happening right before my eyes.

Comment

Overall, I think Weir has feelings for Sheppard..I think whether it develops into something or not...we will have to wait...I think she is expressing to much favoritism for Sheppard for us to ignore that she feels something more than respect and friendship for him...whether the writers pursue this or not..is still in the open...I agree that Weir would back off and would accept and eventually even support the idea of John and Teyla..but I think at the beginning she would not take it so lightly not because of her feelings but because of the whole relationship and how it would affect the team... in the end..the writers will do whatever they want..but for now, I think that Weir is not willing to see or admit that John can like anyone...she didn't see it in Chaya and she isn't going to see it with Teyla either...JMHO...
                              She holds John in too high of a standard and she doesn't want to loose him as her second in Command.. she trusts him too much and depends on him too much....and this is dangerous...not shippy like but dangerous because nothing he can do will ever be wrong in her eyes...is like she has him on a Pedestal and that is wrong...and this is my problem...This is where you see the lack in writing from a women's point of view...A man will always want their women to look at them in this way..
                              sigpic

Comment

That's interesting Camy, i can agree that she plays favorites..She seems like she would be the person to accept and finally try to move beyond to finally achieve the finally good....and even if she does have feeling, the inhabitants or atlantis and the team interaction is what is important to her...because she reminds john in 'suspicion' that the safety of those in atlantis is first priority...

R.I.P Wraithlord
                                Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Working...
                                X