John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone!

Now to the topic of discussion. I want to say I agreed with Sci, Blue, LC, and the others' comments. I am basically a newbie. I have only been here since August. I was welcome here very warmly by you guys. I don't know everyone here because I don't get to post that often. Let me get this straight because I just really want to know this. We are not suppose to be polite and courtesy by asking someone how is there day and ask them about their family, congraluting them on milestones, and wishing them well on their B-days. I am sorry I was raised to be polite!

Before I joined this thread, I lurked on and off for about 2 months. Some of the things that were said on other threads were appalling to me.

I come here especially for the JT's fics, artworks, discussions, etc. and for the postiveness of this thread and the people in here.

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
    My Quarantine Excerpt

Spoiler:
    “GOD DAMMIT!” John screamed as he pounded another fist into the well-sealed door.

“Colonel, there is nothing more we can do from here. Rodney has explained this many times now and Dr. Zelenka is attempting to crawl through the vents of the city to reach the control room,” Teyla repeated again as she carefully took a seat next to the table in the science lab where she and Colonel Sheppard were unwilling prisoners.

The doors had closed and sealed all over Atlantis, trapping people in many different locations due to a detected outbreak of disease in both the east and north wings. Teyla and Colonel Sheppard had both been seeking out Rodney and inadvertently had become locked together alone in his laboratory with no possible means of escape.

And Colonel Sheppard was not happy about it.

He turned to her, his forehead starting to bead tiny droplets of sweat that he angrily wiped away with the back of his hand. His narrowed eyes drifted to her swollen belly and he quickly looked away, a glint of hidden emotion shining briefly in his eyes that went unnoticed by her.

“I just…hate being locked up like this……..,” he said exasperatedly, although the actual truth was much more than simply that.

“I understand that Colonel,” she replied evenly. “But you have been constantly pacing and pounding on the door for over thirty minutes with no result. I wish you would just try to relax. I am sure the others can handle this.” She adjusted her position on the seat as he warily eyed the chair beside her.

“No, I’m good Teyla, thanks,” he said turning again towards the door.

“Colonel, I think we have been trapped together for a purpose,” she said eyeing his retreating back. “I wish to speak with you about something and have neither found the time nor the opportunity to do so until now.”

His heart thudded hard in his chest as he closed his eyes momentarily in fear. He knew what she wanted to talk about and it was the last thing in the world he wanted to discuss.

He cleared his throat loudly. “I don’t feel like talking right now, Teyla,” he said, his voice giving a little tremble.

She spoke as if she had not heard him. “You are different now, you have been different with me for some time. I thought we were good enough friends to discuss matters such as this.”

Friends, she said…friends,’ he thought loudly in his own head as a dark cringe outlined his eyes.

“Look, I’m fine, everything’s fine, can we please just concentrate on getting out of here?” He walked over to the door again, frantically waving his hand against the unlit crystals.

He heard the chair squeak as she lifted herself from it and the patter of her shoes against the hard floor as she made her way to him. His breath caught in his dry throat as she reached up from behind him and placed a soft hand on his shoulder.

He did not turn. “Please, can we just talk about this later Teyla?”

“No, John. You will speak to me now,” she said gently, her hand still perched on his shoulder.

He slowly turned his face sideways, pausing to stare painfully at her slender fingers upon him and whirled around to face her, his face dressed in so many held back emotions.

“There’s nothing to talk about. You’re pregnant and I just don’t see you as much since you can’t go on missions. That’s all it is Teyla! So you can stop being paranoid!”

Paranoid?” she stepped back, a look of hurt flashed across her face.

“Can we just not have this discussion? Please?” His eyes were full of a fueling desperation, one that burned at the very core of his heart.

Watching him, she realized it had been many months since he had looked at her, really looked at her, the way he was at this very moment, sending a chill down her spine at the intensity of his eyes.

John, please……Talk to me,” she pleaded with him as she stepped closer and he stepped back.

I can’t…” he said backing away towards the door, his eyes still locked with hers.

“John…..”

“You wouldn’t understand Teyla…..”

“Please try……”

“and it wouldn’t make any difference…”

“You don’t know that…..”

“I do know that! I know you would rather be with…….rather be with…..”

She knew his meaning as his voice trailed and his eyes lingered; she finally understood why he had avoided her, why he would shy away from her, why he barely looked at her, and she knew she must tell him the truth.

“John, I-“

The doors slid open quietly, revealing the empty hallway beyond. John looked towards it, momentarily distracted and without looking back, walked quickly from the room leaving Teyla standing there with her hands shakily holding her large belly.
    Wow, Mrs. B!

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
    Oh, very nice Mrs. B! I would so love to see even a fraction of something like this in the ep! Can you just imagine?! We'd be in J/T heaven, LOL! Thanks for sharing this! Wonderful as always! We are so lucky to have your talent!
    I second that!
    Last edited by Guest; 16 September 2007, 07:40 AM.

Comment

hey Yappic didja update the MP site yet?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Too be honest when i first heard about this Series i wasn't too sure about it but i thought well i'll watch it and see what it's like and from the very first moment i saw it that was me....totally hooked and when i saw Shep,well mm mm mm...Anywho the first meeting with John and Teyla,it was plain for everyone to see the imediate chemistry these two had....I mean was it HOT in that tent or was it just me,the cave scene when he found the necklace you could tell with the way he was looking at her that he felt the chemistry too and the way his hand lingered there,also the way she was looking at him you could tell she felt a connection,it's like two soul-mates have finally found each other....mmhmm!

Kitty!!!They are both so kewl i don't know what one to use!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          Too be honest when i first heard about this Series i wasn't too sure about it but i thought well i'll watch it and see what it's like and from the very first moment i saw it that was me....totally hooked and when i saw Shep,well mm mm mm...Anywho the first meeting with John and Teyla,it was plain for everyone to see the imediate chemistry these two had....I mean was it HOT in that tent or was it just me,the cave scene when he found the necklace you could tell with the way he was looking at her that he felt the chemistry too and the way his hand lingered there,also the way she was looking at him you could tell she felt a connection,it's like two soul-mates have finally found each other....mmhmm!

Kitty!!!They are both so kewl i don't know what one to use!
          First thing that hit me in the whole episode was, "Clear to See Pairing!!!!"

also Thanks Linda! John's will have more greens and blues, whereas Teylas has more reds and purples then the two toegther have a mix of lighter colors

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Thanks everyone!! You guys rock.....

GNB -
            Spoiler:
            I think your right about your comment about her having to kill him, maybe they'll even flash to TLG, (my fav scene) which would be another instance of him almost dying at her hands.This ep and The Seer are the two I think I'm most looking forward to cuz I like prophecy stuff

Comment

YC...I"M LOVING YOUR INTIMACY MP....I didn't do that many last night cause hubby cut the cord!

ROF!

And to keep this on topic! Elff, you liked that didn't you? LOL
              What else is there to say! John came to life in Rising after meeting Teyla..and Teyla found a new meaning and purpose in her life as well as understood the real calling for herself when she first saw John.

Nothing else to it!
              sigpic

Comment

MRs. B..is there a second part to Quarantine..I need to have it ASAP!

and I have news for you guys...Beya is going to have a Prompt Battle...so get your ideas flowing and get your own word challenges...we are soo going to have so much fun in BEYA!!! WOOOHOOOO!

Btw, newbies...Beya is a John and Teyla archival LJ community! Check it out and join!

http://community.livejournal.com/sga_beya/
                sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, maybe?
                  Spoiler:
                  I'd have to come up with who the father of the baby is and all that lol
                  WHAT? Mrs. BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB! What do you mean who is the
                  Spoiler:
                  father
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                    YC...I"M LOVING YOUR INTIMACY MP....I didn't do that many last night cause hubby cut the cord!

ROF!

And to keep this on topic! Elff, you liked that didn't you? LOL
                    What else is there to say! John came to life in Rising after meeting Teyla..and Teyla found a new meaning and purpose in her life as well as understood the real calling for herself when she first saw John.

Nothing else to it!
                    I love the Intimacy MP! GREEEN for YOU YC!

1-800-Iluv-JandT
                    sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                      MRs. B..is there a second part to Quarantine..I need to have it ASAP!

and I have news for you guys...Beya is going to have a Prompt Battle...so get your ideas flowing and get your own word challenges...we are soo going to have so much fun in BEYA!!! WOOOHOOOO!

Btw, newbies...Beya is a John and Teyla archival LJ community! Check it out and join!

http://community.livejournal.com/sga_beya/
                      Prompt Battle? what is that I wonder?

What about the Arena? can we not use that place for the challenges?? In fact there aren't very many on there

Comment

Camy -
                        Spoiler:
                        I honestly have no idea what Teyla is about to tell him when he leaves lol I don't know who the father is hahah Neither does Shep.
                        I'm such a jerk I just make up these little dramatic moments and leave them as is. What day is word challenge day so i can get more inspiration anyways?

Didya read the Outcast one I wrote??

Comment

Camy -
                          Spoiler:
                          I honestly have no idea what Teyla is about to tell him when he leaves lol I don't know who the father is hahah Neither does Shep.
                          I'm such a jerk I just make up these little dramatic moments and leave them as is. What day is word challenge day so i can get more inspiration anyways?

Tuesday = 20 Word Challenge day.
                          today is Friday so where the heck is the screenshopt art!!!???

Comment

Camy -
                            Spoiler:

I don't think I did, Mrs. B..and I Love it...you can leave it as is...Mrs. B..it's just that the thought of it sounding so real...you write it so well that I cringe to think that this might indeed happen...and what if the writers are thinking like you....ahhhh....there has to be a good turn out for this in the show...there just has to be....LOL

Teyllia....we could do one in the Arena...but I have this one plan for Beya now...hope you don't mind.

I will have details of it soon, but basically this is a promp battle where random people just post any prompts that they want....you can have scenarios, words, sentences...anything that you would like to see either a fic, fanart or vid...anything....

so for three days, I'll have the community open for every member to simply post prompts...then I"ll make the masterlist and post it with all the prompts and for the entire week you choose which prompts you like and you create anything related to that prompt...

Tielan did an excellent one for the Teylafen community awhile ago and it was great...she had anything and everything that had to do with Teyla...remember that sig that I had with with the different angles of the JT conversion kiss, well that came out of that battle..someone posted the word kiss or something like that and i created that artwork and it was a hit!

So, I want to do the same but with JT...and I"m hoping a lot of great things come out of it and it will be on going through the premiere....so, this is different Teyllia from our regular challenges...and we can add to this the MP's as well now! Woohooo!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                              Alright...I'm heading off...but thought I will leave with a discussion question....

It's pretty near now to season 4...so I thought I would toss out this question... I'm sure everything has been discussed before but maybe some of our newbies haven't gotten into these discussions before so we will let everyone give their thoughts again or their new thought... taking let's see..one epi a day or something,,,the more major J/T epis....
                              Let's start with where it all began....RISING...
                              What did you see between J/T since their first meeting and through the episode...?? What do you think went through John's head when he met Teyla.?? and what do you think went through Teyla's head while meeting this guy from earth... ??
                              The cave scene?? Him coming after her and the rest of them on the hive ship?? The ending where she considered his friend after he risked everything to save them and face up against a powerful enemy he didn't hardly know anything about except for what Teyla told him...??
                              All in all your thought and feeling about J/T in Rising...

My headache is to nasty at the moment,,,so I will give my thoughts and feeling about J/T in Rising tomorrow when I get back on... see ya...

J/T ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Nice idea Nina and great questions!, i'd love to know what the newbies thought!.

For me, as soon and John walked up to Teyla and said his name to her and started telling her about himself and she gave him that cute half smile, i knew there was something between them, a spark!. I think she was very intrigued by him and curious about him.

Ah! the cave scene was the clincher and i knew, this was the parring for me! LOL!. How could anyone miss the chemistry between them at that moment. I think John risking his life to save them from the wraith towards the end made Teyla realize that he was different from probably a lot of people she has met, someone she could count on and trust. He did all this to save them even against some crazy odds that they would have made it out alive, not many people would have done that.
                              sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Alright, I have to go but we are near 2100 pages! WOOOHOOO!

Let's mod ourselves guys and let's keep everyone happy....especially ourselves...we don't need to chit chat in here to post and make this thread continue to burn with JT love...there are plenty of things about JT that we can discuss and re-discuss and reinvent the wheel...

I love Nina's idea...let's go back and go over our thoughts of John and Teyla from the beginning to the current episode aired...I"m so excited that scifi is going to finally play Atlantis in HD! Wooohooo!

Loving John and Teyla!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X