John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Camy]

Morning sickness? If it's what I think it is...Congrats!

And yes, we need more Teyla/Shep vids....love them....

And yes, it's what you think. 11 weeks along with my second little stargater. When I'm feeling really sick I'll still try and read everything, but it really stifles my writing. That's why I haven't had any more fic out lately, I just cant concentrate for very long. Hopefully it won't last too much longer, I've got some bunnies kicking me to get out of my head!
    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
      Ah, Home. Such a good episode for so many ships! The fact that she shared his reality! I always wanted to see a little fic about what was going on through Shep's mind during that whole thing. The fact that he could manipulate his world led to lots of interesting things and when he said "I thought that was you" to Teyla always made me wonder just what he was trying to manipulate her to do!

Oh, I guess I wasn't the only one who didn't understand that part...I always wondered why he said that....But, hey....we can only imagine...
      So, congrats..again...I know how you feel...I have three of my own and the first one was morning sickness all through my nine months...It was horrible..the things we have to go through....hehehe...But, good luck and I wish you the best and a healthy baby....

When you do get a chance and feel better, please write some Shep/Teyla fic...there just isn't enough outhere....and some make her sound like a dumb bimbo..I really hate those....

Hope you feel better...Stack up on those saltine crackers....get lots of fluids..I personally preferred Ginger Ale and Popcorn...made my husband go out in the middle of a blizzard to get these for me..Hey it's the least he could do...after all it was his doing, mostly anyways.!
      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=aaobuttons]
        Originally posted by Camy

And yes, it's what you think. 11 weeks along with my second little stargater. When I'm feeling really sick I'll still try and read everything, but it really stifles my writing. That's why I haven't had any more fic out lately, I just cant concentrate for very long. Hopefully it won't last too much longer, I've got some bunnies kicking me to get out of my head!
        Congratulations!!!! Hope that you feel better, and that everything goes well. Be sure to keep us updated about the newest addition to your clan as time goes along, and take care of yourself!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

I posted this in Teyla's thread...
          but did you guys read J.Mallozzi's blog...
          very interesting how he is having so much fun with us....
          go check it out....let me know what you think....

Do you guys think he peeks in this thread?

Oh, my...........
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
            I posted this in Teyla's thread...
            but did you guys read J.Mallozzi's blog...
            very interesting how he is having so much fun with us....
            go check it out....let me know what you think....

Do you guys think he peeks in this thread?

Oh, my...........
            What's going on?

Comment

That whole ice cream bit...yeah, I was a little confused. I think he just likes to have his fun with us!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                That whole ice cream bit...yeah, I was a little confused. I think he just likes to have his fun with us!

He is definetley having some fun at our expense....I hope its all for good as far as John and Teyla is concerned....

I don't know if he is referring to the dilema regarding the "kiss" or what he is talking about.....

Any thoughts...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deSaintphalle
                  What's going on?

Go read the J. Mallozzi Blog...I would paste it but I just don't know how to do this...He makes a comment regarding the talk about Conversion, I assume....
                  And basically he is just having some fun....

In my interpretation, the episode was intended to confuse use even more...I guess...I don't even know what he is referring to....I know he is having fun!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                    Ok, Purpleyin, I haven't posted in a few days (stupid morning sickness making me feel like crap) but I haven't been lazy! I've found another song for you to consider for the Sheyla vid trade. I'm thinking it could be a half Shep and half Teyla sort of thing.

They've both got that sort of dark past thing going on, his black mark and her wraith dna, it's just a very angsty sort of song and sounded fitting. What do you think?
                    I quite like it but it suffers from the problem of me not having it. It's odd, I have plenty of other songs by the band but not that one...

At the moment I'm thinking of doing a vid to the song "Only Love Can Set You Free" by American Music Club.

Lyrics:

You say that weakness is only
                    a way to give your heart to the enemy
                    but if the blow that knocks you out
                    is the one you don’t see
                    then why are you fighting?

Listen: before you lose the ocean from your tears,
                    before your face is carved out of stone
                    before they finally force you to your knees -
                    only love can set you free.

You were no civilian, you fought every war
                    and now you don’t wanna fear your heart anymore
                    Now you only do what's good, because you're good
                    Now you only do what you should, because you're good

Listen: it takes a baby years to know
                    what’s gonna make it stop crying
                    that what it wants isn't hard to see -

I’ve been so lucky

Now I'm just a normal man, that’s true
                    And I got nothing to brag about, or yes I do
                    that once I was loved by someone like you
                    that once I loved someone like you

Listen: what you find when you lose your way
                    are gunshot signs on a haunted sky
                    that only point you to a crowded mystery -

I've been so lucky

I'm thinking it works well for Shep's hesitancy to do anything so far. Got some moments in mind from S1 as well as Conversion. What do you think of it? It's not that fast paced a song, a little melancholy perhaps but quite sweet too.

Comment

Oh...goodie...more vids...
                      hey, i need some new fanfic...anyone read any good ones lately that could recommend?
                      There just aren't that many.....
                      sigpic

Comment

We definitely need some more vids. I'd make some, but I have no computer skills whatsoever. I'm writing some more fanfiction, but time hasn't been very good to me over the past few weeks. It's been slow-going.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                          We definitely need some more vids. I'd make some, but I have no computer skills whatsoever. I'm writing some more fanfiction, but time hasn't been very good to me over the past few weeks. It's been slow-going.

Thanks a bunch SnoggingPicard...
                          Hey, where's your sig....Trust me, if I figured it out on my first try, you can too....Whistler84 did a great job...we are so lucky to have great people around here to help us non-techies....
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey purpleyin, like the lyrics.It does seem to have shep n teyla written and also more of shep based.Its a great choice do u have the song on ur computer?
                            part of:
                            Unique Bond fansite Graphics Com ShepMagan Icons

wanna sig? pm me and ill make u one

Comment

Originally posted by Sheylafan87
                              Hey purpleyin, like the lyrics.It does seem to have shep n teyla written and also more of shep based.Its a great choice do u have the song on ur computer?

Sheylafan97...
                              love your sig....

Let me know of any good vids of John/Teyla...
                              I don't think there are enough of them out there....
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sheylafan87
                                98.5% of it! It's really bugging me, I can't get it to fully download but it only skips one line... so I might use it anyway. Or buy it from iTunes or something if they have it. I really want to vid it, I think it'll be quite interesting. Been listening over it and got 1/3 of the scenes worked out.

Meanwhile I've been making sigs and icons and couldn't resist making this one... if anyone wants it you can have. Made from LFP highres caps, just wish I could have thought of something more interesting to caption it with.

Comment

Working...
                                X