John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purpleyin
    Oh and I thought I'd share a thought with you a friend (sadly not yet a member of GW) had about Teyla's hairbands, she noted that maybe Shep brought them back from Earth for her...
    Aw. What a cute idea. I know you're not a fan of fluff, Purpleyin, but that thought begs to be written up for fanfiction.

Comment

Originally posted by cherryblossomjen
      Aw. What a cute idea. I know you're not a fan of fluff, Purpleyin, but that thought begs to be written up for fanfiction.
      If someone doesn't do this story, then I might have to!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
        If someone doesn't do this story, then I might have to!
        Ooh please do SnoggingPiccard!

Comment

Ooh please do SnoggingPiccard!
          'Kay. I'll add it to my list. I'm working on one that involves Bates, Teyla being really mad, and stick-fighting. Also want to do a long, angsty hurt/comfort too, eventually. We'll see how it goes. But yeah, gifts from Earth would be quite cute, so I'll try it. Might be a while, but I'll get there.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

Yes, she is clearly a strong character; I just want her to get an entire episode fleshing her out and making her as interesting to others as she is to us (who have already been sold).

As far as the never-been-kissed theory goes I doubt very much that that's the case. It's highly improbable that she's never been kissed and I can't see the writers going there.
            Spoiler:
            I think her reaction was understandable -- she was confused, breathless and needed time to digest what had happened -- which is whe she responds that she needs to be alone when John asks her if she's okay. I don't think she was displeased -- just not sure what to think/feel yet.

I agree...like I said..we all have great comments about the entire thing...who's to say who is right and who is wrong...isn't it frustrating the not knowing...I am so tempted to write to J.Mallozzi and asking him..but I know this will just put more fuel to the fire....in any case he won't say anything...it's the anticipation...but in another way, it is still all good for us Sheppard and Teyla fans....Weir may have given him a hug, but Teyla got the KISS!

Hey, I just thought of something....Teyla acted just as surprised as John acted when Weir gave him the hug.....HMMMMMMM>...I got to go think about this one now....Please, don't take this as a bad comment on Weir....Let's not get this started again....All I am doing is shipping for my favorite couple....

And certainly, we need a Teyla episode that can explain more her background, her people and her feelings....certainly.....
            The only problem is that I don't forsee that happening this season....at least not a major plot....I know that someone did ask J.Mallozzi if the Athosians would come back to Atlantis and if they were going to be more involved in the episodes this season...he hasn't responded yet...
            Oh, and I went and complimented BAMBAM on his thread on the nice job that he, Rachel and Joe did in the fighting scene of Conversion, go and check out his response...short but sweet...you guys should stop in there and make some comments about the nice work that Rachel and Joe did...Rachel can always use the extra support....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
              I agree...like I said..we all have great comments about the entire thing...who's to say who is right and who is wrong...isn't it frustrating the not knowing...I am so tempted to write to J.Mallozzi and asking him..but I know this will just put more fuel to the fire....in any case he won't say anything...it's the anticipation...but in another way, it is still all good for us Sheppard and Teyla fans....Weir may have given him a hug, but Teyla got the KISS!

Hey, I just thought of something....Teyla acted just as surprised as John acted when Weir gave him the hug.....HMMMMMMM>...I got to go think about this one now....Please, don't take this as a bad comment on Weir....Let's not get this started again....All I am doing is shipping for my favorite couple....

And certainly, we need a Teyla episode that can explain more her background, her people and her feelings....certainly.....
              The only problem is that I don't forsee that happening this season....at least not a major plot....I know that someone did ask J.Mallozzi if the Athosians would come back to Atlantis and if they were going to be more involved in the episodes this season...he hasn't responded yet...
              Oh, and I went and complimented BAMBAM on his thread on the nice job that he, Rachel and Joe did in the fighting scene of Conversion, go and check out his response...short but sweet...you guys should stop in there and make some comments about the nice work that Rachel and Joe did...Rachel can always use the extra support....
              I definitely will do that. Actors can always use whatever motivation they can get!

Comment

I like it! We definitely need some more Shep/Teyla videos out there. I watch the few that I could find pretty much everyday.
                I hope the folks over at the ST Fever Group don't mind but this vid was posted there and you have to see it. *Warning contains spoilers for Conversion and 'the kiss'.

http://s16.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...22QEXLTWZ383VZ

Comment

Originally posted by Deborah
                  I hope the folks over at the ST Fever Group don't mind but this vid was posted there and you have to see it. *Warning contains spoilers for Conversion and 'the kiss'.

http://s16.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...22QEXLTWZ383VZ
                  Oooh, yes, I found this vid too, and it is pretty dang awesome. The song fits the video so well, and the
                  Spoiler:
                  kiss from "Conversion" actually looks quite romantic without the whole creepy Iratus bug Sheppard bit that's in the actual episode.
                  Love it!

Comment

Hey...Kind of new here so i'm just going to jump in....if u don't mind....

^^^^...definitely agree with the whole bug thing ....lol....

I thought the vid had some great scenes in it.....definitely the 'Kiss' part....

R.I.P Wraithlord
                    Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

The Conversion kiss was a lot more passionate than I expected and I think the PTBs would be crazy not to build on it. On the other hand, Conversion is basically the Atlantis version of The Broca Divide, which does what the PTBs do best - it suggests there's an underlying physical attraction without actually committing to anything because the person doing the kissing is under the influence. There's that damn reset button again.

Can you tell I'm not one for ambiguouty. Don't get me wrong, I love the subtle relationships on Atlantis, I just wouldn't mind a healthy dose of in your face overt shippiness once in a while - nine seasons and a spin-off series later and I'm still waiting for Sam and Jack to get together - onscreen, in our reality, without resetting time. Did I miss anything?

Comment

The Conversion kiss was a lot more passionate than I expected and I think the PTBs would be crazy not to build on it. On the other hand, Conversion is basically the Atlantis version of The Broca Divide, which does what the PTBs do best - it suggests there's an underlying physical attraction without actually committing to anything because the person doing the kissing is under the influence. There's that damn reset button again.

Can you tell I'm not one for ambiguouty. Don't get me wrong, I love the subtle relationships on Atlantis, I just wouldn't mind a healthy dose of in your face overt shippiness once in a while - nine seasons and a spin-off series later and I'm still waiting for Sam and Jack to get together - onscreen, in our reality, without resetting time. Did I miss anything?
                        A lot of people have made the comparison to "Broca Divide". I found the
                        Spoiler:
                        kiss between Sheppard and Teyla
                        to be much more passionate that that shared between Sam and Jack. For one thing, Shep wasn't that far gone yet, and he was able to pull himself back and be concerned for her. Sam practically mauled Jack in "Broca", so I see that scene as being one based more on lust and physical stuff. I dunno.

Comment

A lot of people have made the comparison to "Broca Divide". I found the
                          Spoiler:
                          kiss between Sheppard and Teyla
                          to be much more passionate that that shared between Sam and Jack. For one thing, Shep wasn't that far gone yet, and he was able to pull himself back and be concerned for her. Sam practically mauled Jack in "Broca", so I see that scene as being one based more on lust and physical stuff. I dunno.
                          No I think you're right. For one thing, Teyla didn't voice any objections in the way Jack did. I know there's the whole regs issue but still.

Plus in the final scene for both Broca and Conversion where they broach the subject of the kiss, both couples had a flirty moment but there was definitely more going on in the eyes of
                          Spoiler:
                          John and Teyla.

Comment

No I think you're right. For one thing, Teyla didn't voice any objections in the way Jack did. I know there's the whole regs issue but still.

Plus in the final scene for both Broca and Conversion where they broach the subject of the kiss, both couples had a flirty moment but there was definitely more going on in the eyes of
                            Spoiler:
                            John and Teyla.
                            Gosh, every time I watch that scene, I can't get over how flipping cute it is! I just love to watch Sheppard's eyes whenever he looks at her -- he's like a puppy dog.

Comment

Saw Conversion.
                              Spoiler:
                              Was certainly interesting for ship. I saw some possible S/W bits but generally liked to think it was friendship, because they felt awkward together for me. As for Shep/Teyla. That kiss sure was unexpected! No wonder Teyla was a little confused looking. Personally I thought she maybe a bit insulted he described it as 'interesting'. There are so much nicer things to hear than that.

EDIT: Yep, I double checked and it was John just before the kiss - so taken out my comment that now makes no sense. My bad .

Makes me wonder just what was going on in his head before/during/after that. Wouldn't mind reading a decent fic for that kind of stuff.

On the ending and her note about think no more of it, I got several possible interpretations.

1. Non/anti-shippy:Really, don't think of it, don't go there. Drop it.
                              2. Denied ship: Don't think anymore on it because it's obvious you think it OOC and aren't going to act on any possible feelings because of regs or other issues, like friendship? or working relationship.
                              3. Shippy: Don't think anything more of it because I didn't mind ultimately. No apology needed in other words.

I'm sure there are more ways to take it but I thought it left it open, maybe they intend to do nothing else, maybe they'll do UST or even more but from that line it's hard to be sure. Maybe it's because they haven't decided. Who knows.

Also got a vid rec. It's a humour Teyla vid (some poking fun at her but all good) with some Shep/Teyla, to the Beatles Her Majesty's by kitakatzz. Vid links are at the side on her journal layout.
                              Last edited by Purpleyin; 13 September 2005, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Hello all

I would like to join the family in here. I always thought there is something between Teyla and John. You can see the passion. They won't admit it yet but after seeing conversion just now 5 min ago I am convinced there is a sort of passion between Teyla and John. Lol I was amazed when I saw Conversion but I won't give you any details. If you want to know them you should perhaps read some spoilers
                                Lord Zedd

Comment

Working...
                                X