Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OASIS - PART 1
    Spoiler:
    Colonel Sheppard, Ronon, Teyla, and Rodney stepped through the wormhole and onto uncharted planet M33-49. A seemingly endless desert lay before them, an obvious portent that a long walk lie ahead. The bright sweltering sun immediately began to affect them and Colonel Sheppard instinctively pulled his dark sunglasses from his vest pocket and placed them on his face. “Anyone remember to bring sunblock?” he remarked.

The four began walking single file through the sand, Colonel Sheppard leading the way following the direction of a strong energy reading from their handheld remote. The heat was unrelenting and appeared to be getting stronger with each passing minute. Not even a secretive whisper of wind would comfort them this day. Ronon removed his long jacket and tied it tightly around his waist, while Teyla placed her weapon in its holster momentarily to place an elastic in her hair and wipe her neck of beading sweat.

They had only been walking for fifteen minutes when Rodney began complaining. “Oh for the love of…….You know, you would think with all the money the government has they could equip us properly with like team tank tops or something. This is completely intolerable! How can they expect anybody to work in conditions like this? I swear I think my brain is starting to fry and my eyes are getting all fuzzy. Do you have any idea how badly my skin is going to chafe with all this gear on?”

No one responded to his complaints and his voice seemed to drone on as they continued their blistering hike towards the energy reading, all of them hoping desperately to find shelter from the sun when they arrived.

After over an hour of steady walking, Rodney almost passing out twice, and Ronon finally untying his jacket from his waist and throwing it carelessly into the sand, they made out a blurred shape on the horizon. “Oh thank God!” Rodney exclaimed dramatically and the others heartily agreed. Their pace quickened and all thoughts lie on the quickly approaching outline ahead.

When they reached their destination, they had come upon a large metallic building shaped almost like a silo, with no windows and only one apparent entrance. Its presence seemed extremely out of place in the middle of an empty desert. After a quick perimeter sweep, they all stood anxious at the entrance. “I hope someone’s home,” Colonel Sheppard said as he rapped loudly on the door with his P-90, a loud clanging echoing.

Silence.

Colonel Sheppard began to rap on the door again but it began to swing outwardly very slowly, creaking loudly on its rusty hinges. Teyla and Ronon raised their weapons and the four of them stared curiously into the opening doorway.
    Last edited by MrsB108; 29 July 2007, 05:46 PM.

Comment

LOL...you know I"m horrible with that...I like pretty much ANYTHING JT..I"m just happy when I see others joining in the fun. So, no I don't even think I have one person in the favs list. I don't even think I knew about it until not long ago when I started receiving emails that people were adding my fics to their favorites...so, THANKS!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
        OASIS - PART 1
        Spoiler:
        Colonel Sheppard, Ronon, Teyla, and Rodney stepped through the wormhole and onto uncharted planet M33-49. A seemingly endless desert lay before them, an obvious portent that a long walk lie before them. The bright sweltering sun immediately began to affect them and Colonel Sheppard instinctively pulled his dark sunglasses from his vest pocket and placed them on his face. “Anyone remember to bring sunblock?” he remarked.

The four began walking single file through the sand, Colonel Sheppard leading the way following the direction of a strong energy reading from their handheld remote. The heat was unrelenting and appeared to be getting stronger with each passing minute. Not even a secretive whisper of wind would comfort them this day. Ronon removed his long jacket and tied it tightly around his waist, while Teyla placed her weapon in its holster momentarily to place an elastic in her hair and wipe her neck of beading sweat.

They had only been walking for fifteen minutes when Rodney began complaining. “Oh for the love of…….You know, you would think with all the money the government has they could equip us properly with like team tank tops or something. This is completely intolerable! How can they expect anybody to work in conditions like this? I swear I think my brain is starting to fry and my eyes are getting all fuzzy. Do you have any idea how badly my skin is going to chafe with all this gear on?”

No one responded to his complaints and his voice seemed to drone on as they continued their blistering hike towards the energy reading, all of them hoping desperately to find shelter from the sun when they arrived.

After over an hour of steady walking, Rodney almost passing out twice, and Ronon finally untying his jacket from his waist and throwing it carelessly into the sand, they made out a blurred shape on the horizon. “Oh thank God!” Rodney exclaimed dramatically and the others heartily agreed. Their pace quickened and all thoughts lie on the quickly approaching outline ahead.

When they reached their destination, they had come upon a large metallic building shaped almost like a silo, with no windows and only one apparent entrance. Its presence seemed extremely out of place in the middle of an empty desert. After a quick perimeter sweep, they all stood anxious at the entrance. “I hope someone’s home,” Colonel Sheppard said as he rapped loudly on the door with his P-90, a loud clanging echoing.

Silence.

Colonel Sheppard began to rap on the door again but it began to swing outwardly very slowly, creaking loudly on its rusty hinges. Teyla and Ronon raised their weapons and the four of them stared curiously into the opening doorway.
        Oh, man...this is going to be good!
        sigpic

Comment

Sweet, MrsB108! I'm looking forward to the rest!

Nina, as for your posting achievement, I totally forgot! Sorry.
          Anyway...
          Congratulations to Nina on 5,100 posts!
          That totally rocks!

Comment

Wooohooo! NINA! CONGRATS! That deserves something good! I"ll go find Kermi!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1DanielForMe View Post
              Sweet, MrsB108! I'm looking forward to the rest!

Nina, as for your posting achievement, I totally forgot! Sorry.
              Anyway...
              Congratulations to Nina on 5,100 posts!
              That totally rocks!

CONGRATS NINA!

you know, at this rate you will catch me in posts! LOL

Night everyone! I"m exhausted!
              sigpic

Comment

OASIS - PART 1
                Spoiler:
                Colonel Sheppard, Ronon, Teyla, and Rodney stepped through the wormhole and onto uncharted planet M33-49. A seemingly endless desert lay before them, an obvious portent that a long walk lie before them. The bright sweltering sun immediately began to affect them and Colonel Sheppard instinctively pulled his dark sunglasses from his vest pocket and placed them on his face. “Anyone remember to bring sunblock?” he remarked.

Silence.

Woohoo! This Rocks already! I'm ready for part 2!
                1-800-Iluv-JandT
                sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

CONGRATS NINA!

Thanks guys~

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                    Some helpful hints for Kingdom:

This was one that took me forever to figure out. LOL
                    When some one Greens you, go to your "My Control" on lood at your reputations, that's your greens. I gave you one already.

If you want to keep clips, caps, smilies etc, you'll need a photobucket account. It free, I like that, it's at www.photobucket.com

Here's some smilies for you of JT love. Enjoy.

MY fav JF clips

JT love clips

I knew I would like this thread. I appreciate all the help....thank!
                    sigpic
                    Thanks for the sig Scifan

Comment

KINGDOM:

Welcome new member
                      Come join right in
                      We're friendly and crazy
                      Is that such a sin?
                      We're glad that you’ve entered and please stay for good
                      Welcome new friend, to the J/T ship hood.
                      Thanks for the welcome.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks for the sig Scifan

Comment

A video from the con...
                        http://www.scifi.com/comiccon/video/...php?vid=135215
                        sigpic

Comment

OASIS - PART 1
                          Spoiler:
                          Colonel Sheppard, Ronon, Teyla, and Rodney stepped through the wormhole and onto uncharted planet M33-49. A seemingly endless desert lay before them, an obvious portent that a long walk lie ahead. The bright sweltering sun immediately began to affect them and Colonel Sheppard instinctively pulled his dark sunglasses from his vest pocket and placed them on his face. “Anyone remember to bring sunblock?” he remarked.

Silence.

Great beginning MrsB.

Comment

Hey Kingdom! Elf here!

Just wanted to make sure that you had our hotline number!

1-800-Iluva-JandT

It's Toll Free 24 hrs...Remember it can never be to much!!

If you forget look under my sig I have posted there!

Here's some goodies for You!n Conversion is one of my fave episodes! Enjoy!

Spoiler:

1-800-Iluv-JandT
                            sig by Sci!

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                              Some helpful hints for Kingdom:

This was one that took me forever to figure out. LOL
                              When some one Greens you, go to your "My Control" on lood at your reputations, that's your greens. I gave you one already.

If you want to keep clips, caps, smilies etc, you'll need a photobucket account. It free, I like that, it's at www.photobucket.com

Here's some smilies for you of JT love. Enjoy.

MY fav JF clips

JT love clips

I love your favorite clips Scifan!!
                              1-800-Iluv-JandT
                              sig by Sci!

Comment

Elf: could you please cut back on my coffee? I need some to drink while writing! (note the chapter near the end in going to be VERY JT filled!)

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X