Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
    Part 8 - The Trial

This one is kinda long so go to my ff link below once it updates if you'd rather read it there!

Spoiler:

Staggered, they formed a line with Colonel Sheppard in the lead. As he gingerly took his first steps onto the creaky beam, he wobbled crazily for a moment before gaining proper footing. “I’m good!” he called back to the others without looking at them, a raised hand in the air.

He kept his eyes on the first swinging axe as it whooshed mightily, merely a foot from him. He knew he would need to maintain a combination of balance and timing to sprint past it successfully. One, two, three, he counted before he plunged forward, eyes closed in prayer, only to feel the wind from it swish past his back.

“Holy crap“ he barely whispered to himself in relief. “Hey! He did it!” he heard Rodney exclaim from behind him. Now he stood wavering in balance, arms outstretched wide, one axe swinging to his front, one to the rear, both swishing at separate intervals. He tuned out the encouraging words from the others and narrowed his eyes directly on the axe before him.

He noticed quickly that the axe after that one did not leave much room for him to make any errors in judgment, and decided to make it past both of them in the same movement. His heart beating hard in his chest, his body swaying in rhythm as he counted, he made a self-note to keep his eyes opened this time.

One, two, three, and he took off, pausing only momentarily between the two as he had calculated, waiting the beat for the second axe to swing by, just inches from his nose, as he continued.

When he finally made it to the opposite platform at the very end, he turned and saw the others applauding him and giving signs of cheer. He grinned widely, calling back to them, “Piece of cake!” wiping the sweat from his brow and letting his heartbeat return to normal.

Teyla was next. John noticed how graceful she was and the fluidity of her movements. He felt momentarily entranced watching her, when suddenly; she slipped, losing her balance. Her left foot skidded off the beam and into the air as she grasped hungrily for some leverage. She found herself straddling the beam after the miscalculated step.

She had yelped in fear as she had descended, and John had instinctively begun to rush back onto the beam. She had seen his movement and as she grasped the beam for dear life, she cried out for him to stay where he was. He did this, more in fear of causing her to fall further rather than for his own safety. She eventually climbed up and successfully joined him at the other platform, grabbing his outstretched hand in relief for her last few steps.

The last of the group now, Ronon and Rodney, would be the most difficult by far and they all knew it. Rodney was speaking to himself rapidly as he knew this was it. “Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name…” Ronon looked back confidently at Rodney and said, “Ready Twitch?”
    Rodney grimaced. “You’d better do better than either of them did or you’ll be calling me Slice and Dice from now on.” Ronon lifted an eyebrow at him and then started their attempt.

Ronon’s eyes were well trained and he effectively maneuvered past more than half of the obstacles, while Rodney’s eyes remained tightly shut, as did his mouth. When there were only three axes remaining, they suddenly heard a loud Crack echo throughout the entire room. Ronon knew exactly what it was the moment he heard it.

The beam wasn’t holding the two of them as well as he thought it would. His eyes filled with dread and fear as he stood stock still, Rodney clinging to his back, with only a short distance left to go.

“Hulk! Don’t move!” John yelled. He and Teyla quickly made their way to the edge of the beam in anticipation, trying to think quickly what they should do. Rodney gulped loudly and spoke quietly into Ronon’s ear. “My hands are getting sweaty, big guy. I don’t know how much longer I can hold on like this.” Ronon shook his head softly. “Just keep quiet.” Ronon’s mind swirled with thoughts as sweat dripped slowly from his face and he came to the only conclusion he felt was right.

John and Teyla stood, breathless, watching the two of them, silently, as the beam began to splinter loudly. John looked into Ronon’s eyes and knew what was about to happen. “Hulk, don’t you even think about it!” But it was too late.

In one swift movement, Ronon grabbed Rodney from his back and with all his massive strength, whipped his flailing body across the pits and onto the platform. John’s cries echoed in Ronon’s ear’s as the loud crack of the beam finally gave way underneath him. He watched Rodney’s body land safely, and then closed his eyes as he fell and let the darkness swallow him.
    Finished! I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster ride with this!! Fantastic!!
    Spoiler:
    OMG! SLICE AND DICE!!
    1-800-Iluv-JandT
    sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Thanks scifan!
      Today is a big milestone day, huh? LOL

Happy 700 Elflinn!!

Thanks for the green YappiChick!!
      Thanks Mrs. B!!
      1-800-Iluv-JandT
      sig by Sci!

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
        Finished! I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster ride with this!! Fantastic!!
        Spoiler:
        OMG! SLICE AND DICE!!
        Yay! Thanks! I'm glad I'm not boring the crap out of you guys yet

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
          See the scale by the number (27648)? It's right above the join date. You click it and you can add to someone's reputation. It doesn't have to be a big reason, you just click it and post your comment. i.e. Just spreadin' some JT love! or Love the Sig! or Thanks! Then it gets added to the person's reputation points. The more rep points you get the more green dots you have below your post count.

I love the green!
          Ah, okay. Now some things are starting to make sense to me

Oh, and Happy 200 posts!

my ships

Comment

[QUOTE=girlinabox;6874755]Ah, okay. Now some things are starting to make sense to me

GREENS AND (((HUGS)))) TO GNB!!!!
            1-800-Iluv-JandT
            sig by Sci!

Comment

Ooohhh so that's what the greens are!

And yet another great part MrsB,how do you do it,you keep writing part after part and the next is as good as the last!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

And yet another great part MrsB,how do you do it,you keep writing part after part and the next is as good as the last!

GREENS AND (((HUGS))) TO LINDA06!!!
                1-800-Iluv-JandT
                sig by Sci!

Comment

Yay! Thanks! I'm glad I'm not boring the crap out of you guys yet
                  Are you kidding Me!! No Way!!
                  1-800-Iluv-JandT
                  sig by Sci!

Comment

GREENS AND (((HUGS))) TO LINDA06!!!

YAY,and right back at ya
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for saying that Linda! I try to write as well as I can, but I'm just striving to write as well some of the other authors ! And I can name alot of them!

You should try writing too

Comment

Well hey,it's the truth MrsB....I would write but i have a huge problem from getting ideas FROM my head down onto paper!
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm back. We an earth ending crisis with the neice.
                          The DVD player in bedroom would not load her movie
                          Raise Your Voice So, I had to go jiggle some wires!!

It is probably tired of having to play it. She's only watched it a million
                          times. Besides, I've watched my SGA's one million and one!!!! Of course,
                          they come with out any difficulties at all....
                          1-800-Iluv-JandT
                          sig by Sci!

Comment

I'm back. We an earth ending crisis with the neice.
                            The DVD player in bedroom would not load her movie
                            Raise Your Voice So, I had to go jiggle some wires!!

It is probably tired of having to play it. She's only watched it a million
                            times. Besides, I've watched my SGA's one million and one!!!! Of course,
                            they come with out any difficulties at all....
                            LOL Hillary Duff, right? Too funny.
                            So you gonna watch Eureka tonight in hopes of catching the elusive preview?

Comment

Well hey,it's the truth MrsB....I would write but i have a huge problem from getting ideas FROM my head down onto paper!

LOL Yeah I hears ya, but I say go for it. Everyone here is so nice and will tell you what they honestly think. Do it, do it, do it.. ok enough chanting.
                              No really though, whats the worst that could happen?

PS - Thanks for the green!!

Comment

Teyla admiring John...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X