John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya Everybody!!

Congrats to Mrs B, Scifan, Seldear on all their milestones!!

I think that it's cool that your hubby wants to read Trials Sci.

I do not think either threads should have to change names due to the
    fact that it is pretty self explanatory the differences in the names. Period.

It bites that they doing a extended BG trailer instead of SGA during premiere
    of Eureka! So, that means I'll just flip time to time to it to see if maybe they do happen to show it. If not, that means it is nextweek.

Donna- I really liked what you said about the atmosphere in here is like a
    family and you can come and relax and escape from RL. You are right. You
    can. I do this quite a lot!! It is good to know that I am not the only one who
    feels the same about this thread!
    1-800-Iluv-JandT
    sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
      Jess, that's a good suggestion.

I hope Suz and VB aren't thinking we're ganging up on them. 'Cause I know no one is against their thread we just want to help resolve this issue. I hope they take in the suggestion to either modifying their name or relocating.

Thank Nina on the good JF news. I know the Spacey's are from Canada, but where are these awards from?
      from what I can read..the SyFy Genre Awards are to honor the televisions shows for American audiences... voting between July 25 to Aug 25

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
      is Rachel Luttrell up for anything?
      Nope sorry she isn't... the only ones from Stargate to get a nomination is Joe for Best Actor,,, Amanda for Best Actress... and RDA for Best Special Guest...

Originally posted by girlinabox View Post
      Sure. And thank you again

Spoiler:
      Ohhh that is really an awesome one..
      sigpic
      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
        No worries, I didn't think it was a fellow shipper who wanted the name change. I know you guys are doing your best to keep things from being confusing.

Maybe one thing that could help allivate the confusion is considering putting that thread in the Season 4 folder. If as Suz stated the point of that thread is to discuss their relationship in "Season 4 and BEYOND", doesn't it make sense to put in in there? If there is a PRO-Carter, PRO-Weir, why not the PRO-JT romance? For those like me, who try to stay away from Spoilers, it seems like that thread is appropriate in that folder.

For the newbies, who don't know all the lingo, a long title such as 'Sheppard and Teyla pro ship *lite* discussion (includes vids, art and fluff)' could be a bit overwhleming. Even me in my limited visits here would be put off with a title like that and try to find something more "simpler".

I think the title for this thread is appropriate. We discuss the episodes as they air, some see more hearts in the air than others, but there is always a JT spin to it. We talk about the clips or glimpses of shippiness from all the seasons and try to encourage others in the thread to spread the love. The title for this thread is succinct and I, for one, appreciate it.

Ack, getting verbose again! I'll let someone else talk now!
        Beautifully written, and I really like your suggestion above. It makes sense and its logical and it will certainly take away from the confusion. They have strickly set it aside as discussion pro romance for Season 4 and that makes perfecto Sense! EXCELLENT! Tame, Sky....I hope you consider this.

Blue....as always, I couldn't have written it better.

Guys, some really not so good news are all of a sudden spreading on me like wildfires...so I"m not sure how things are going to work out. Wish me luck and I hope to be around again soon.

In the meantime, please don't think that I"m ignoring anyone's work here.
        It's just that when it rains it pours.

Keep up the good work. And I am so proud of how everyone here has handled things. Thanks!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by girlinabox View Post
          Sure. And thank you again

Spoiler:
          WOW! this is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing....keep up my Galleria thread up guys while I"m gone! come up with challenges...I need about 100 more icons to complete my 1,000 jt icons!
          sigpic

Comment

Forgot to say that there was one more Stargate nomination for the SyFy award... Gateword is up for Best Website...
            sigpic
            Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Part 8 - The Trial

This one is kinda long so go to my ff link below once it updates if you'd rather read it there!

Spoiler:

Staggered, they formed a line with Colonel Sheppard in the lead. As he gingerly took his first steps onto the creaky beam, he wobbled crazily for a moment before gaining proper footing. “I’m good!” he called back to the others without looking at them, a raised hand in the air.

He kept his eyes on the first swinging axe as it whooshed mightily, merely a foot from him. He knew he would need to maintain a combination of balance and timing to sprint past it successfully. One, two, three, he counted before he plunged forward, eyes closed in prayer, only to feel the wind from it swish past his back.

“Holy crap“ he barely whispered to himself in relief. “Hey! He did it!” he heard Rodney exclaim from behind him. Now he stood wavering in balance, arms outstretched wide, one axe swinging to his front, one to the rear, both swishing at separate intervals. He tuned out the encouraging words from the others and narrowed his eyes directly on the axe before him.

He noticed quickly that the axe after that one did not leave much room for him to make any errors in judgment, and decided to make it past both of them in the same movement. His heart beating hard in his chest, his body swaying in rhythm as he counted, he made a self-note to keep his eyes opened this time.

One, two, three, and he took off, pausing only momentarily between the two as he had calculated, waiting the beat for the second axe to swing by, just inches from his nose, as he continued.

When he finally made it to the opposite platform at the very end, he turned and saw the others applauding him and giving signs of cheer. He grinned widely, calling back to them, “Piece of cake!” wiping the sweat from his brow and letting his heartbeat return to normal.

Teyla was next. John noticed how graceful she was and the fluidity of her movements. He felt momentarily entranced watching her, when suddenly; she slipped, losing her balance. Her left foot skidded off the beam and into the air as she grasped hungrily for some leverage. She found herself straddling the beam after the miscalculated step.

She had yelped in fear as she had descended, and John had instinctively begun to rush back onto the beam. She had seen his movement and as she grasped the beam for dear life, she cried out for him to stay where he was. He did this, more in fear of causing her to fall further rather than for his own safety. She eventually climbed up and successfully joined him at the other platform, grabbing his outstretched hand in relief for her last few steps.

The last of the group now, Ronon and Rodney, would be the most difficult by far and they all knew it. Rodney was speaking to himself rapidly as he knew this was it. “Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name…” Ronon looked back confidently at Rodney and said, “Ready Twitch?”
              Rodney grimaced. “You’d better do better than either of them did or you’ll be calling me Slice and Dice from now on.” Ronon lifted an eyebrow at him and then started their attempt.

Ronon’s eyes were well trained and he effectively maneuvered past more than half of the obstacles, while Rodney’s eyes remained tightly shut, as did his mouth. When there were only three axes remaining, they suddenly heard a loud Crack echo throughout the entire room. Ronon knew exactly what it was the moment he heard it.

The beam wasn’t holding the two of them as well as he thought it would. His eyes filled with dread and fear as he stood stock still, Rodney clinging to his back, with only a short distance left to go.

“Hulk! Don’t move!” John yelled. He and Teyla quickly made their way to the edge of the beam in anticipation, trying to think quickly what they should do. Rodney gulped loudly and spoke quietly into Ronon’s ear. “My hands are getting sweaty, big guy. I don’t know how much longer I can hold on like this.” Ronon shook his head softly. “Just keep quiet.” Ronon’s mind swirled with thoughts as sweat dripped slowly from his face and he came to the only conclusion he felt was right.

John and Teyla stood, breathless, watching the two of them, silently, as the beam began to splinter loudly. John looked into Ronon’s eyes and knew what was about to happen. “Hulk, don’t you even think about it!” But it was too late.

In one swift movement, Ronon grabbed Rodney from his back and with all his massive strength, whipped his flailing body across the pits and onto the platform. John’s cries echoed in Ronon’s ear’s as the loud crack of the beam finally gave way underneath him. He watched Rodney’s body land safely, and then closed his eyes as he fell and let the darkness swallow him.
              Last edited by MrsB108; 10 July 2007, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Thank you for link to see nominations Nina!

Here's some green and (((HUGS)))) for EVERYONE!!!!

It will not let green any of you so here you go!!

GGGRREEEEEN AND {{{{HUGS}}} WITH LOVE!!

For all the great discussion going on up in here!!!
                1-800-Iluv-JandT
                sig by Sci!

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                  So, my youngest is into Star Wars for several months now....he is engrossed with it...he has an entire collection and this Xmas..EVERYTHING was Star Wars...so, guess what movie he watches a lot...YUP...Star Wars..he likes the Return of The Jedi...so, I was dozing off when his favorite part came along and his little sweet fingers had to wake me, startled....I glanced up to see the scene where Teyla....oh..sorry....Leia is hurt while trying to cover for Joh..oh....UM....Han....*doesn't it sound like it rhymes with John and Leia rhymes with sort of Teyla...* is trying to hot wire the doors to the control room to shut down the shield and she gets shot and he is so concerned for her and at one point he tells her with that grin of his...I love you...and she smiles and says....I know...

Now, why does that sound familiar to me?
                  That is my favorite Star Wars films. And I do see the connection! Great work Camy.

I'm playing catch up right now. My mom contracted a skin disorder and was really sick this weekend with me taking care of her. We had to take her to the ER and they should have admitted her, but they didn't realize what it was. Our Primary doctor did and finally gave her antibiotics I'll be back in full by the end of the week.
                  Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                    Thanks Jess. LOL. If you respond back we'll get you that 200 post today.
                    Here's that reply! Woo hoo! JT love rocks the house!

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                    Beautifully written, and I really like your suggestion above. It makes sense and its logical and it will certainly take away from the confusion. They have strickly set it aside as discussion pro romance for Season 4 and that makes perfecto Sense! EXCELLENT! Tame, Sky....I hope you consider this.

Blue....as always, I couldn't have written it better.

Guys, some really not so good news are all of a sudden spreading on me like wildfires...so I"m not sure how things are going to work out. Wish me luck and I hope to be around again soon.

In the meantime, please don't think that I"m ignoring anyone's work here.
                    It's just that when it rains it pours.

Keep up the good work. And I am so proud of how everyone here has handled things. Thanks!
                    Camy, thanks! It seems to make sense to me I hope that everything with you settles down. It's always tough when things not going well.

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                    Forgot to say that there was one more Stargate nomination for the SyFy award... Gateword is up for Best Website...
                    Thanks Nina for the info!

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                    Thank you for link to see nominations Nina!

Here's some green and (((HUGS)))) for EVERYONE!!!!

It will not let green any of you so here you go!!

GGGRREEEEEN AND {{{{HUGS}}} WITH LOVE!!

For all the great discussion going on up in here!!!
                    I know! We need more green around here! We're just a fun lovin' group here!
                    sigpic
                    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Mrs. B- Which fic is this part 7 from?

Isn't the truth YappiChick!
                      1-800-Iluv-JandT
                      sig by Sci!

Comment

Originally posted by seldear View Post
                        Curious question that may or may not be able to find an answer here.

Does anyone know if there's a Gateworld thread for John/Teyla fans who are also Sam/Jack fans?

*and, incidentally, shows off her new banner*
                        I don't know, but I am one. I'm writing a fic for both ships right know. It's called 'All I Want for Christmas for You'. It's on ff.net under the same name I use here.
                        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                          Mrs. B- Which fic is this part 7 from?

Isn't the truth YappiChick!
                          My bad! The Trial - I'll go and edit my post
                          Sorry

LOL side note - I just went back and fixed which part it was as well as title it
                          I gotta get with the program duhhhh

So Part 8 of The Trial

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                            Part 7 -

This one is kinda long so go to my ff link below if you'd rather read it there!

Spoiler:

Staggered, they formed a line with Colonel Sheppard in the lead. As he gingerly took his first steps onto the creaky beam, he wobbled crazily for a moment before gaining proper footing. “I’m good!” he called back to the others without looking at them, a raised hand in the air.

He kept his eyes on the first swinging axe as it whooshed mightily, merely a foot from him. He knew he would need to maintain a combination of balance and timing to sprint past it successfully. One, two, three, he counted before he plunged forward, eyes closed in prayer, only to feel the wind from it swish past his back.

“Holy crap“ he barely whispered to himself in relief. “Hey! He did it!” he heard Rodney exclaim from behind him. Now he stood wavering in balance, arms outstretched wide, one axe swinging to his front, one to the rear, both swishing at separate intervals. He tuned out the encouraging words from the others and narrowed his eyes directly on the axe before him.

He noticed quickly that the axe after that one did not leave much room for him to make any errors in judgment, and decided to make it past both of them in the same movement. His heart beating hard in his chest, his body swaying in rhythm as he counted, he made a self-note to keep his eyes opened this time.

One, two, three, and he took off, pausing only momentarily between the two as he had calculated, waiting the beat for the second axe to swing by, just inches from his nose, as he continued.

When he finally made it to the opposite platform at the very end, he turned and saw the others applauding him and giving signs of cheer. He grinned widely, calling back to them, “Piece of cake!” wiping the sweat from his brow and letting his heartbeat return to normal.

Teyla was next. John noticed how graceful she was and the fluidity of her movements. He felt momentarily entranced watching her, when suddenly; she slipped, losing her balance. Her left foot skidded off the beam and into the air as she grasped hungrily for some leverage. She found herself straddling the beam after the miscalculated step.

She had yelped in fear as she had descended, and John had instinctively begun to rush back onto the beam. She had seen his movement and as she grasped the beam for dear life, she cried out for him to stay where he was. He did this, more in fear of causing her to fall further rather than for his own safety. She eventually climbed up and successfully joined him at the other platform, grabbing his outstretched hand in relief for her last few steps.

The last of the group now, Ronon and Rodney, would be the most difficult by far and they all knew it. Rodney was speaking to himself rapidly as he knew this was it. “Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be they name…” Ronon looked back confidently at Rodney and said, “Ready Twitch?”
                            Rodney grimaced. “You’d better do better than either of them did or you’ll be calling me Slice and Dice from now on.” Ronon lifted an eyebrow at him and then started their attempt.

Ronon’s eyes were well trained and he effectively maneuvered past more than half of the obstacles, while Rodney’s eyes remained tightly shut, as did his mouth. When there were only three axes remaining, they suddenly heard a loud Crack echo throughout the entire room. Ronon knew exactly what it was the moment he heard it.

The beam wasn’t holding the two of them as well as he thought it would. His eyes filled with dread and fear as he stood stock still, Rodney clinging to his back, with only a short distance left to go.

“Hulk! Don’t move!” John yelled. He and Teyla quickly made their way to the edge of the beam in anticipation, trying to think quickly what they should do. Rodney gulped loudly and spoke quietly into Ronon’s ear. “My hands are getting sweaty, big guy. I don’t know how much longer I can hold on like this.” Ronon shook his head softly. “Just keep quiet.” Ronon’s mind swirled with thoughts as sweat dripped slowly from his face and he came to the only conclusion he felt was right.

John and Teyla stood, breathless, watching the two of them, silently, as the beam began to splinter loudly. John looked into Ronon’s eyes and knew what was about to happen. “Hulk, don’t you even think about it!” But it was too late.

In one swift movement, Ronon grabbed Rodney from his back and with all his massive strength, whipped his flailing body across the pits and onto the platform. John’s cries echoed in Ronon’s ear’s as the loud crack of the beam finally gave way underneath him. He watched Rodney’s body land safely, and then closed his eyes as he fell and let the darkness swallow him.
                            Ohhh that was awesome....
                            Spoiler:
                            Yes I think the best thing for John was to keep his eyes open *lol*
                            Ah the same John as we all love...not thinking about his own safety but wanting to rush and help Teyla...
                            Oh boy what in the world is going to happen to Ronon....
                            sigpic
                            Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                              Part 7 - The Trial

This one is kinda long so go to my ff link below if you'd rather read it there!

Spoiler:

The last of the group now, Ronon and Rodney, would be the most difficult by far and they all knew it. Rodney was speaking to himself rapidly as he knew this was it. “Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be they name…” Ronon looked back confidently at Rodney and said, “Ready Twitch?”

In one swift movement, Ronon grabbed Rodney from his back and with all his massive strength, whipped his flailing body across the pits and onto the platform. John’s cries echoed in Ronon’s ear’s as the loud of the beam finally gave way underneath him. He watched Rodney’s body land safely, and then closed his eyes as he fell and let the darkness swallow him.
                              Poor Ronon! Nice update!

my ships

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                                Ohhh that was awesome....
                                Spoiler:
                                Yes I think the best thing for John was to keep his eyes open *lol*
                                Ah the same John as we all love...not thinking about his own safety but wanting to rush and help Teyla...
                                Oh boy what in the world is going to happen to Ronon....
                                I'm so glad u like it NinaM! I got a little long winded on that one

Thanks girlinabox!

Comment

Working...
                                X