John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majortrip View Post
    Erm, did something happen here that I haven't read back far enough to discover yet? Why are there so many lurkers? *looks down and waves* Y'all can come out to play if you want.
    oh my.... same was on one Shep thread yesterday...
    *waves to the lurkers*
    sigpic
    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by happyatlantis View Post
      hey every1!!
      ive heard sga is gonna air in september in the US, but does anyone know when it'll air in the UK?

=4eva
      You're welcome happyatlantis.

Comment

Season 4 is looking very exciting and I really think that Carter will fit in fine.... she is much more suited than Weir was and I think she will handle the role very well. She at least will have the expertise and the knowledge to make the decisions that will be needed as it looks like things are going to heat up quite a bit in the next season.

The focus will be on the gate team which were always my fav and I think we will be able to get better character development for everyone. I'm hoping we will see John and Teyla's relationship fleshed out a bit more and with less main characters there will be more time to devote to each of them. I think having Weir and Carson as main characters made it difficult for the writers to come up with something for them to do each week and as we saw from the latter half of the season, when Weir went off world with the team she always looked out of place, as she had no skills whatsover to bring to the team...
        Carter is not in every ep and will be more of a Hammond type of character anyway, which Weir should have been all along.

I think we are going to see more and more great team scenes and especially more scenes between John and Teyla .. so season four looks like its gonna rock.

John/Teyla wallie

Spoiler:
        Last edited by bluealien; 24 June 2007, 02:06 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sin392 View Post
          Hi everyone. I usually just lurk around here....don't really post much. I was just wondering if anyone has noticed how (sorta) the whole dynamics of the 'team' has been set up for 'relationships to develop'?

I mean....they bring Carter on (and Rodney has a thing for her).....Shep & Teyla have always had a 'thing' for each other (or it has been hinted at ALOT)....now (and this is pure speculation on my part) Ronan 'might' have a love interest ...(and does anyone find it interesting that as this rumor/spoiler?/speculation think goes around, Beckett gets 'replaced' by a female character (who happens to look alot like the woman that Ronan was in love with..hmmm?) I mean, was it really necessary to kill off Becket?...unless it was to have a female character replace him...and interesting that the only other character of the team that isn't involve with anyone (or hasn't been hinted at having a 'thing' for anyone) is Ronan (so far)? Is it really a concidence (sp?) that this new female character looks so much like the woman that Ronan loved? Really?

I just find it really interesting if you step back and look at things how it's all fallen into place or been set up.

sin
          Welcome! Thanks for de-lurking! As for your observations, yes, I think that the stage could be set for JT and
          Spoiler:
          for RK but the McKay Carter angle isn't going to go anywhere. JM has already said quite clearly that McKay has Katie Brown and that the "crush" on Carter is never going to be an ongoing part of Atlantis. In all honesty it would have to go away so that it didn't become ridiculous. Add to that JM has said he is 100% in favor of S/J and you have Rodney being happy with Katie and friends with Sam.

Comment

Great wallie blue...the true defenders of Atlantis indeed...
            sigpic
            Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Hi everyone! I know it's been a while - I'm sorry, I've been ridiculously busy!!

It looks like I have (give or take) about fifty thousand pages to catch up on, which I very much doubt will happen, so I'll just jump back in here and hope I can keep up...

Just in response to the last few posts, I can't wait for series four either!! I think it's shaping up to be a fantastic series, and I'm glad they've announced the first air dates for September. Here's hoping the UK doesn't have to wait too much longer.

I can't believe just how many people are viewing the thread - it's crazy!

Anyway just wanted to say hi and here I am, back again! New stories to come soon...
              xx
              sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Welcome back ruby_caspar...yeah it's been a crazy time with a lot of discussions and speculations...but it's all fun...
                sigpic
                Sigs by Scifan

Comment

I've been enjoying all the different views and ideas for season 4. I love alot of the ideas.
                  Spoiler:
                  I'm not sure how I feel about Weir leaving because I liked her, but I really like Sam. I've love watching her on SG1 for all these years. And I think the interaction with Rodney and Carter will still kinda be there, but not so much in a flirting way. I think Rodney will feel kinda threatened by her being there because she is so smart. Katie will have to do some major ego stroking. hee hee. If and when anything happens for Keller and Ronon, which I hope will, it will have to move naturally, like John and Teyla. There has to be something to spark things between them. We saw that right away with John and Teyla. This season looks like it's going to be the best yet and I really like season 3. I especially looking forward to seeing Doppleganger. I like to see it when they do a story with the characters out of their normal role.

Great wallie Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
                    Hi everyone! I know it's been a while - I'm sorry, I've been ridiculously busy!!

It looks like I have (give or take) about fifty thousand pages to catch up on, which I very much doubt will happen, so I'll just jump back in here and hope I can keep up...

Just in response to the last few posts, I can't wait for series four either!! I think it's shaping up to be a fantastic series, and I'm glad they've announced the first air dates for September. Here's hoping the UK doesn't have to wait too much longer.

Anyway just wanted to say hi and here I am, back again! New stories to come soon...
                    xx

Welcome back ruby...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                      I also like that she said that she thought that it was Shep's hidden feelings.
                      Well you'd THINK that should have been obvious to all who watched! It was to RL, JF and Martin Gero who wrote the dang ep!

It was obvious to ME from the scene with Ronon and the angry scene with Weir that John's normal "controls or self retraints" were not operating. He is ALWAYS trying to best Ronon so he can brag about it. All of the sudden he had the ability and he rubbed it in a bit too much, more than if he was his normal self. He ALWAYS has issues with Weir - times when he doesn't agree and he loses patience with her. This time with no restraints in place he got violent. With Teyla, he's always been attracted to her and their sparring sessions are HOT and with no normal restraints in place - he kissed her.

In other words, we all think about doing certian things - like hauling off and kissing someone we're attracted to, but our normal self control reminds us that that wouldn't be the best idea under most circumstances. It doesn't change the fact that we WANT to do it, it's still OUR desire, we just have safe-guards in place to keep it from happening under the wrong conditions.

To me it was very clear that the bug DNA was removing these restaints from John. His secret desires and impulses were given free reign. JF pretty much said the same thing in the audio commentary for Conversion.

I just don't get the folks who are like- oh, it didn't mean anything that he kissed Teyla, she was just convenient. To that I say- then why didn't he go around kissing all the OTHER women on Atlantis? Why didn't he try to kiss Weir? Answer- he didn't want to.

While I'm up here on my soap box, lol, I want to bring up one more thing that I LOVE from this episode. When Shep attacked Weir and escaped, Ronon, Teyla and other marines were looking for him. Teyla eventually found him and when John was faced with hurting her like he did the marines, he ran away even after she SHOT at him. He could have taken her down- possibly killed her, but he didn't. John's base desire is to ALWAYS protect Teyla, to care for her and watch over her so...he ran rather than harm her. When Weir simply got in his way and told him no, he tried to kill her. I say that to make the point that John is ALWAYS different when it comes to Teyla.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post

xx

Ruby, nice to have you back! We've missed you.
                        Did you get to see the clips for season 4?

Welcome to the thread Sin.

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                          Season 4 is looking very exciting and I really think that Carter will fit in fine.... she is much more suited than Weir was and I think she will handle the role very well. She at least will have the expertise and the knowledge to make the decisions that will be needed as it looks like things are going to heat up quite a bit in the next season.

The focus will be on the gate team which were always my fav and I think we will be able to get better character development for everyone. I'm hoping we will see John and Teyla's relationship fleshed out a bit more and with less main characters there will be more time to devote to each of them. I think having Weir and Carson as main characters made it difficult for the writers to come up with something for them to do each week and as we saw from the latter half of the season, when Weir went off world with the team she always looked out of place, as she had no skills whatsover to bring to the team...
                          Carter is not in every ep and will be more of a Hammond type of character anyway, which Weir should have been all along.

I think we are going to see more and more great team scenes and especially more scenes between John and Teyla .. so season four looks like its gonna rock.

John/Teyla wallie

Spoiler:

Nice Wallie! And BA, you took the words right out of my mouth honey. I totally agree that after a few intro bumps Carter is going to fit right in here. And yeah, we're looking at a better year with only 4 main cast members. If I had my fondest wish, Weir would be fired or in the time honored fashion of governments who promote the incompetent, she would be promoted to liason between Atlantis and the IOA. Doesn't look like that's gonna happen, but eh... a girl can dream!

Serioulsy the most exciting aspect of season 4 for me, is like you said, there will be MUCH more time to focus on the team and that means more JT time!

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                            If and when anything happens for Keller and Ronon, which I hope will, it will have to move naturally, like John and Teyla. There has to be something to spark things between them. We saw that right away with John and Teyla.
                            If I know these writers, we'll get that initial spark with R/K and then the rest will progress more slowly. Unless, they really consider Ronon a secondary character and move to a more subtle established relationship right away like they did with Rodney. Ah! Who the heck knows!

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
                              Well you'd THINK that should have been obvious to all who watched! It was to RL, JF and Martin Gero who wrote the dang ep!

It was obvious to ME from the scene with Ronon and the angry scene with Weir that John's normal "controls or self retraints" were not operating. He is ALWAYS trying to best Ronon so he can brag about it. All of the sudden he had the ability and he rubbed it in a bit too much, more than if he was his normal self. He ALWAYS has issues with Weir - times when he doesn't agree and he loses patience with her. This time with no restraints in place he got violent. With Teyla, he's always been attracted to her and their sparring sessions are HOT and with no normal restraints in place - he kissed her.

In other words, we all think about doing certian things - like hauling off and kissing someone we're attracted to, but our normal self control reminds us that that wouldn't be the best idea under most circumstances. It doesn't change the fact that we WANT to do it, it's still OUR desire, we just have safe-guards in place to keep it from happening under the wrong conditions.

To me it was very clear that the bug DNA was removing these restaints from John. His secret desires and impulses were given free reign. JF pretty much said the same thing in the audio commentary for Conversion.

I just don't get the folks who are like- oh, it didn't mean anything that he kissed Teyla, she was just convenient. To that I say- then why didn't he go around kissing all the OTHER women on Atlantis? Why didn't he try to kiss Weir? Answer- he didn't want to.

While I'm up here on my soap box, lol, I want to bring up one more thing that I LOVE from this episode. When Shep attacked Weir and escaped, Ronon, Teyla and other marines were looking for him. Teyla eventually found him and when John was faced with hurting her like he did the marines, he ran away even after she SHOT at him. He could have taken her down- possibly killed her, but he didn't. John's base desire is to ALWAYS protect Teyla, to care for her and watch over her so...he ran rather than harm her. When Weir simply got in his way and told him no, he tried to kill her. I say that to make the point that John is ALWAYS different when it comes to Teyla.
                              I agree... I have also said somewhere before that with John's inhibitions being lowered he was doing what he had always wanted to do.. kissing the woman he is attracted to, and lashing out at another woman whom he has disagreed with and whose decisions frustrate him. But as you say, under normal circumstances he is not going to give into these desires or anger, he would normally control them and keep them hidden.

But when John has been compromised and is under the influence of the retro virus, alien entities and mind controlling Wraith devices, he has still always protected Teyla...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post

I liked how you beautifully summed all that up and I'd like to add that when John kissed Teyla she could've kicked his butt, but she didn't. I'm sure she could sense that he wasn't himself, but it didn't look like she was resisting much either.

Does any one else remember where Teyla didn't hurt John, but someone else or the same for John? ei. In Submersion, Teyla checking things out with Ronon and then she kicks his butt majorly.

Comment

Working...
                                X