John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
    Quick fly by post as RL is still hectic...

Why I ship John and Teyla.

Because they are the only couple on Atlantis that I see a romantic connection between. This was apparant from the first moment they laid eyes on each other. They are attracted to each other... and I have never seen John look remotely attracted to Weir or anyone else. The only exception was Chaya but I just think he was a little flattered by her attention.

John and Teyla compliment each other in every way. They are both strong and vibrant and are both warriors. They admire, trust and love each other, even though they have not addmited this even to themselves... I think the realisation is beginning to hit them like a ton of bricks as evidenced in season three.

I don't see this connection between any other pairing... I love the Teyla Ronan friendship but again I don't see anything romantic...they tease and fool around like kids.. they care for each other and Teyla has stated on various occasions how she values Ronan's friendship. The actors themselves as LC as said have also stated on many occasions that they are like brother and sister...

Sheppard/Weir have nothing in common except Atlantis... and we could see from the Return once Atlantis was taken out of the picture they had nothing whatsover in common and didnt even bother to visit each other.. I see a respect between them and a friendship.. but nothing more and never have done... John has followed Weir's leadership out of respect for her but I think he is beginning to find out as seen in FS that their way of thinking is fundamentally different. John is military through and through and Weir wants to negotiate. John is a man of action and Weir isn't. Besides the running of Atlantis what would they have in common. They have never ever shared anything except work related issues, and for me there is no romantic spark at all. I see no physical attraction between them but colleagues who work together and that is all.

I'm not going to list all the scenes that John and Teyla have shared emotional and intimate moments but they don't even need words to convey how they feel because it's shown in their actions, and their body language. They have an inate trust for each other that happened the moment they met... this has developed into something deeper and more profound, and they seem to know what the other is thinking and react accordingly. They are just perfectly suited IMO... and have a beautiful friendship as well as being incredibly attracted to one another. I don't know how the writers will take their relationship... it may continue to remain subtle which suits me fine as I don't think we will get any huge revelations until the end of the show... but I think the signs will always be there.

I don't think John would treat Teyla any differently even if they do announce their feelings for each other... he would put his life at risk for her anyway and has done so already... he knows how much she means to him and just because they admit feelings for each other would in no way jeopardise their devotion to the team or their protection of Atlantis.

opps .. I've rambled on more than I intended.. hope it makes sense.. have to run
    Very eloquent and so true, all of it. I've said it before but I really don't understand where the Shep/Weir shippers are coming from. *shakes head* There is absolutely nothing shippy there, only friendship. As you said, they've butted heads more often than not and they sometimes have very different views about the way Atlantis should be run.

Spoiler:
    I still feel for the Shep/Weir shippers though because of the way TPTB have put an end to their fantasy. I wonder if some of them are going to literally "jump" ship and become Shep/Sam shippers... But again, it wouldn't work because apparently the writers want to create tension between those two, which means it's going to be something similar to Shep/Weir again. Yep, we definitely have the best ship!
    "Great... Last time I came face to face with myself, I ended up kicking my own ass..."

- John Sheppard

Comment

Originally posted by Black Panther View Post
      That would be great! I think tagworld may just be having a few problems since this never happened before.
      Okay, for some reason I always get this great ideas but nothing ever comes out the way I plan.

*sighs*

So, here's what I"ve done in the mean time. I"ve opened a Gateworld John and Teyla album in my photobucket account. I"ve uploaded half of the clips that Wikked made for us but I can't do the others because a free account only houses 5 minutes of video. But I know something is just not right because I don't have five minutes worth of video clips in there.
      AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

For whatever reason the rest that I try to upload get shrunk and that is not good.

In any case, I have also uploaded the John and Teyla smilies that Zuz and Myn have done for us. And I will be uploading some John and Teyla caps for you guys to use whenver you want and these will be small size so that you can post them without spoiler tags cause I know that's how I like to use them.

This will take a couple of days, weeks...if you have anything that you would like me to upload in this album, post it in the galleria and I will get it done ASAP. Only pics and smilies and stuff like that will be posted there. I won't post wallies or sigs or icons there.

This way you guys simply go and copy and paste. But yes, you may also use the caps in the Galleria. I just can't promise to be able to post one everyday as I thought I could.

Here's the link and I"ll add it to my sig.

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...yla%20Archive/
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
        Camy, which episode is this cap from? They're just too cute!
        Last edited by Lady Vaako; 22 June 2007, 11:56 AM.
        "Great... Last time I came face to face with myself, I ended up kicking my own ass..."

- John Sheppard

Comment

That's from The Storm. I believe the very first scene of that episode.
          sigpic

Comment

Okay, for some reason I always get this great ideas but nothing ever comes out the way I plan.

*sighs*

So, here's what I"ve done in the mean time. I"ve opened a Gateworld John and Teyla album in my photobucket account. I"ve uploaded half of the clips that Wikked made for us but I can't do the others because a free account only houses 5 minutes of video. But I know something is just not right because I don't have five minutes worth of video clips in there.
            AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

For whatever reason the rest that I try to upload get shrunk and that is not good.

In any case, I have also uploaded the John and Teyla smilies that Zuz and Myn have done for us. And I will be uploading some John and Teyla caps for you guys to use whenver you want and these will be small size so that you can post them without spoiler tags cause I know that's how I like to use them.

This will take a couple of days, weeks...if you have anything that you would like me to upload in this album, post it in the galleria and I will get it done ASAP. Only pics and smilies and stuff like that will be posted there. I won't post wallies or sigs or icons there.

This way you guys simply go and copy and paste. But yes, you may also use the caps in the Galleria. I just can't promise to be able to post one everyday as I thought I could.

Here's the link and I"ll add it to my sig.

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...yla%20Archive/
            You're so good to us, I'm just gonna have to green you again... But the board won't let me 'cause I guess they think it wouldn't be fair... *pouts*

- John Sheppard

Comment

That's from The Storm. I believe the very first scene of that episode.
              Thank you!

- John Sheppard

Comment

Oh, my goodness Q...THAT HAS TO BE MY FAVORITE from your vids...although I"m think I"m missing some!

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! We should simply use that vid anytime someone comes and asks us what we saw from JT at the beginning!

From what cartoon movie is this soundtrack from? It's going to keep bothering me not being able to remember!

THANKS Q! You are a video lean machine!

Are you housing these in JTC?

Do you mind if I post these in Atlantislovers LJ?
                Yes I am posting them at JTC and you have my permission to post them on Atlantislovers LJ I'm sooo happy that you all liked it but i can't take all the credit Padme thought of the song!
                Last edited by Quania2007; 22 June 2007, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Camy that is such a nice gesture itll certainly be alot better for some of us to get caps thanks
                  Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

YappiChicky, we are officially a team....

HIGH FIVE!

*Camy lifts up her palm to YC*
                    *gives Camy a high five*

Now, I wonder how many other Sparky shippers we can get over here.

Originally posted by Lady Vaako View Post
                    Very eloquent and so true, all of it. I've said it before but I really don't understand where the Shep/Weir shippers are coming from. *shakes head* There is absolutely nothing shippy there, only friendship. As you said, they've butted heads more often than not and they sometimes have very different views about the way Atlantis should be run.

Spoiler:
                    I still feel for the Shep/Weir shippers though because of the way TPTB have put an end to their fantasy. I wonder if some of them are going to literally "jump" ship and become Shep/Sam shippers... But again, it wouldn't work because apparently the writers want to create tension between those two, which means it's going to be something similar to Shep/Weir again. Yep, we definitely have the best ship!
                    I totally agree

Spoiler:
                    that TPTB really ticked off a lot of people for writing Elizabath off. And not just the Sparky shippers. But, that whole thing is really OT to this thread.
                    sigpic
                    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Quania2007 View Post
                      Yes I am posting them at JTC and you have my permission to post them on Atlantislovers LJ I'm sooo happy that you all liked it but i can't take all the credit Padme thought of the song!
                      Thank you Padme!!!

Comment

could anyone go on the ships game ive just voted again i think ive got us at no1 but im not quite sure id be most grateful
                        Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Hello everyone!! Sooo sorry about going MIA again, everything went strange again so my net time got cut down a lot... anyway! I've been catching up on a few pages...

Spoiler:
                          OMG! They HUG!! I saw the scene on youtube and I squeed so loud! Gorgeous! I love that they'll be getting lots of emotional scenes together, I think that's what they need.. Season 4 is about the team dynamic afterall.
                          Teyla getting a guy? Hmmm... not so sure about that one.. and pregnancy? My my... I'll wait til I see what's going on before I say anything about that one I think...

could anyone go on the ships game ive just voted again i think ive got us at no1 but im not quite sure id be most grateful
                          What's this game...? What do I have to do?

Um, hello to anyone that's joined since I was here last. I'm Becky *waves* hopefully a lot more active now.
                          The vids, art and fics have all been absolutely fantastic as usual, the quality of everything you guys do always astounds me!
                          Well... not much left to say other than it's good to be back!

~Bec
                          Someone notices you. Someone somewhere notices you the second you walk into a room. Find them. Because they’re waiting for you. Waiting for you to turn your head, say hello, and make their day the way you’ve made every single one of theirs. Find them.

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                            Yes. Donna there at #1!!!

Welcome Back JB!!
                            1-800-Iluv-JandT
                            sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Hey guys I want to make my lj page deticated to Sheyla. Can you tell me where I can find some layouts? Or how to make one?

Comment

Originally posted by Just_breathing View Post
                                Hello everyone!! Sooo sorry about going MIA again, everything went strange again so my net time got cut down a lot... anyway! I've been catching up on a few pages...

Spoiler:
                                OMG! They HUG!! I saw the scene on youtube and I squeed so loud! Gorgeous! I love that they'll be getting lots of emotional scenes together, I think that's what they need.. Season 4 is about the team dynamic afterall.
                                Teyla getting a guy? Hmmm... not so sure about that one.. and pregnancy? My my... I'll wait til I see what's going on before I say anything about that one I think...

What's this game...? What do I have to do?

Um, hello to anyone that's joined since I was here last. I'm Becky *waves* hopefully a lot more active now.
                                The vids, art and fics have all been absolutely fantastic as usual, the quality of everything you guys do always astounds me!
                                Well... not much left to say other than it's good to be back!

~Bec
                                Hey Becky! I love your sig! It's very snazzy

Comment

Working...
                                X