No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VB just posted an article link on the Teyla Wow Thread.

Beware of S4 spoilers:

Spoiler:

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
    GREAT NEWS!!!

Spoiler:
    TEYLA MIGHT GET A MAN!!!

As I've said before, I'm a JT shipper, but I like Teyla and have been demanding that if the men get to have some fun with women. Well hell, the ladies should have their fun as well. Unfortunately reading it again, it doesn't look definite and you know how news is one minute and falls through the next minute. But I can't wait to see how this goes in the end. I really would like someone viable and I am totally against her with some one ep loser. I don't want that...and I hope the writers don't let me down. If you're gonna make viable, work with this, work with this. I have nothing against her and other's or John with others, I would just love to see her happy in a developed relationship. I can't stomach a one ep guy like Weir had in Sunday. It was just too ridiculous and completely out of left field, when they actually could have really worked with Weir and Dr. Cole. In any event, this is great news for our girl and I'm happy to share. Here's a link, it's at scifi wire. Quinn Mallory in the S4 section posted the link: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...d=41951&type=0

What I'm loving this season is that there are tons of 'ships to go around!! I can't wait!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jtjaforever View Post

Beware of S4 spoilers:
      I have no idea how to react to this news... or if it will actually happen... I guess in the end I can handle it if it's something that wont last... but if this is going to something lasting,,,I'm seeing my squee getting lost somewhere.. because to me THAT doesn't sound like a natural progression as they want a relationship to be... that would more like be a bomb to fall over me.. but that's me
      sigpic
      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

This is what i first thought when Vab posted the link in the Rachel thread

Spoiler:
        i think that the baby won't be anything completely left-field because she says in the interview, that she has to care for perhaps the last of her kind..or something along those lines. And this man??? who could he be?? i am assuming then that this is the person she may have been referring about in Sunday?? i would rather it john...but hey any interest teyla gets she highly deserves!! and as long as her relationship progresses with john..i will be happy...even if she is has someone else for a bit!! Teyla is my favourite character and not because of john...so anything for her is good news!!

having thought some more
        Spoiler:
        I am not going to panic just yet, because we have seen some of the proof of JT relationship developing and therefore this may be a very transient relationship with the 'other' man...and like others have said it may not even happen, especially if they havent even cast him yet....and obviously he wont have anything to do with the baby...which i dont know if i make myself clear in the first point above...i was just meaning that from how she phrases the thing about looking after the last of her kind, i assumed that the baby was so what normal, as to who the father is, still a mystery..anyway wait and see i guess
        -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

At least we know
          Spoiler:
          that the father isn't Athosian or he won't be around if he is. I'm slightly dissapointed that the baby may not be John's but like SC said there is still hope

Comment

Spoiler:
            i think that the baby won't be anything completely left-field because she says in the interview, that she has to care for perhaps the last of her kind..or something along those lines. And this man??? who could he be?? i am assuming then that this is the person she may have been referring about in Sunday?? i would rather it john...but hey any interest teyla gets she highly deserves!! and as long as her relationship progresses with john..i will be happy...even if she is has someone else for a bit!! Teyla is my favourite character and not because of john...so anything for her is good news!!

Spoiler:
            im thinking somewhere along the same lines but i think she could mean when she says taking care of the last of her kind i could be that some of the Athosions have survived and shes fighting to take care of the last of them as for the love interest he might no have anyhting to do with herpregnancy at all and its not been mentioned that the baby is Athosion or human the pregnancy could still; have something to do with (the Doppleganger Entity) or another alien race in her interview she mentions that she has'nt even met who the love interest you never know there could be a twist to that as well though as you have said i prefer it to be John as well

I am not going to panic just yet, because we have seen some of the proof of JT relationship developing and therefore this may be a very transient relationship with the 'other' man...and like others have said it may not even happen, especially if they havent even cast him yet....and obviously he wont have anything to do with the baby...which i dont know if i make myself clear in the first point above...i was just meaning that from how she phrases the thing about looking after the last of her kind, i assumed that the baby was so what normal, as to who the father is, still a mystery..anyway wait and see i guess
            Today 06:00 PM
            Spoiler:
            i would'nt say you have to worry either as the relationship she has with John is really going strong at the moment and im looking forward to seeing more development between these two
            Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by jtjaforever View Post

Beware of S4 spoilers:

AWWWW!!!! My eyes,my eyes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quania2007 View Post
                At least we know
                Spoiler:
                that the father isn't Athosian or he won't be around if he is. I'm slightly dissapointed that the baby may not be John's but like SC said there is still hope
                S4 spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                I'm afraid to say this,but I don't think that tptb will rush John and Teyla into that kind of relationship. *sigh* And to me it seems that it sound like the baby might be staying.Meaning that I think that's what they mean about her caring for the last of her kind or something like that. I'm sure the writers will be very cleaver about all this. I'm also having a hard time with the thought of her rushing into a relationship with whoever and then becoming pregnant. This was a tough blow, but I guess we kinda saw it coming.
                Last edited by scifan; 15 June 2007, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                  S4 spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  I'm afraid to say this,but I don't think that tptb will rush John and Teyla into that kind of relationship. *sigh* And to me it seems that it sound like the baby might be staying. I'm sure the writers will be very cleaver about all this. I'm also having a hard time with the thought of her rushing into a relationship with whoever and then becoming pregnant. This was a tough blow, but I guess we kinda saw it coming.
                  mmmm

Spoiler:
                  i never had the idea that tptb would rush the relationship...and yes to me it does sound like the baby is staying...however that doesnt mean a father will be around....to me the time frames dont add up...as they were probably already filming when this interview was conducted and therefore the first episodes would have been written...so i am hoping she is pregnant well before we meet this love interest...and therefore the father isnt present.....though tough for teyla...gives john and the rest of the team to be there for her...though who knows what the tptb have in mind. I wouldn't be too negative yet...but i guess the less positive we are the more likely we will be pleasantly surprised
                  -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

Originally posted by spirited Chihiro View Post
                    mmmm

Spoiler:
                    I wouldn't be too negative yet...but i guess the less positive we are the more likely we will be pleasantly surprised
                    Pep talk spoilers
                    Spoiler:

Do you all remember waaaaaay back before S3 aired, and some people were crowing because JM said they weren't planning any ship for S3? Then we got: Sateda, The Return, Part 1, The Ark, Sunday, and other bits in S3 which made us happy?

Well, I'm not down about any news. There have been hints in the past year that there may be someone who comes into Teyla's life and 'shifts the focus', so I'm not at all surprised about there being a secret relationship. It still does not discount the little moments we've had between them in the past, and I'm inclined to think we'll get deepening friendship and maybe other emotional stuff between them in the coming season. Like I said before, whether anyone's disappointed hinges on one's expectations. I know a lot of people here are like me, and are planning to watch S4 with an open mind.

I did that for S3 and was pleasantly surprised.
                    Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip View Post
                      Pep talk spoilers
                      Spoiler:

Do you all remember waaaaaay back before S3 aired, and some people were crowing because JM said they weren't planning any ship for S3? Then we got: Sateda, The Return, Part 1, The Ark, Sunday, and other bits in S3 which made us happy?

Well, I'm not down about any news. There have been hints in the past year that there may be someone who comes into Teyla's life and 'shifts the focus', so I'm not at all surprised about there being a secret relationship. It still does not discount the little moments we've had between them in the past, and I'm inclined to think we'll get deepening friendship and maybe other emotional stuff between them in the coming season. Like I said before, whether anyone's disappointed hinges on one's expectations. I know a lot of people here are like me, and are planning to watch S4 with an open mind.

majortrip....the ever pep talker
                      sigpic
                      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Pep talk spoilers
                        Spoiler:

Thanks Trippy, I feel better already. I'm looking forward to the whole season as well.

Comment

Pep talk spoilers
                          Spoiler:

Great pep take MT!!

I myself am going to do the same thing. When S4 does premiere, I'm going to enjoy doing so!! Because, if it is to be the "last season" I'm gonna watch it to my hearts content!! Hopefully it won't.

So, to S4!!!
                          1-800-Iluv-JandT
                          sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

ooh im hoping it isn't the last season as i ve really enjoyed season 3 and im really looking forward to season 4 even more
                            Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

One thing that I've been thinking....

Spoiler:
                              This whole deal of Teyla and a love intrest...now I find it pretty weird to talk in riddles,,,not saying who she is intrested in,,,if it's a guy we have never seen or heard about before... I'm sure it's done so us shippers will speculate,,, but I don't just find it a little weird anyway if it's not like John for example... and then it seems like it will be hinted again in season 4... I don't know the secrets and just hinting.. if it's a total new guy we have never heard of or seen,,,than I'm not sure if I see the reason for all hinting and secrets... a new guy is hardly a surprise... or will blow my mind or anything... the only thing to do that would be if they actually went forward with J/T completely knowing their approach on relationships haven't been the direct route then that for me might be a little more surprising to suddenly have the together.. but I new guy would hardly be for me...that would only get a meh!! from me...like *so,,what's so intresting about ths whole deal to keep it as a secret..* I don't know maybe I'm just in a foul mood right now since I'm not really feeling that well...my stomache hurts and I have a headache...

Even though I guess in the end...I feel...if it's meant to be with J/T then I guess in someway they can make it happen... since well...a think a little more the half of the season is already written,,, and who knows ,,the guy isn't casted yet...if there actually will be one in the end..and we have also no idea for how long... could be just a passing character for a few epis....
                              sigpic
                              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

I hate to sound snarky but...

Spoiler:
                                Sounds like a way to get people talking. The Shep/Weir people I'm sure are dancing with joy, the J/T people are like "WHAT?", the anti-ship people are rolling their eyes.

I'm not one who likes to be yanked around. Why have the movie with the hug and within a week have RL say her love interest is someone we haven't seen? I don't like when writers "use" the ships to their advantage. (It's nothing specific about SGA, a lot of shows do it.)

Well, at least I can get my fill of sardonic remarks from McKay if I have to stomach a distraction from the JT love.

Be that as it may, I still love the love and will still keep the faith going!
                                sigpic
                                Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X