John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
    Ohh Camy...love the party pic you did here last...
    The soft brown colors ,,,just somehow makes the kiss seem so romantic and so soft..
    Thanks!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
      hey guys...WL posted a link to thescifiworld.net where there is a current interview with Rachel. Not much there really, but she does confirm that

Spoiler:
      we will pretty much know who she was referring to in her convo with Dr. Hewston in Sunday

The interviewee seems to be a Ronon/Teyla fan. She only asked questions about those two. But Rachel answered them very well.

Not really much on the spoilers front, though. But that is to be expected.

Go to the Teyla Wow Thread for the link. I gotta run!
      Oh thanks for that Camy ....hope your son enjoys his birthday
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone for the Congrats on my 100 post!...lets see, i just need about 1,898 or so more to reach the infamous 2,000 post! *shakes head* even writing it doesn't make the amount seem smaller LOL!. It's going to take me forever to reach that number!.

<Devine27Congrats Mayra on 100 posts! Now all you need is 1 billion more and you'll have as many as Camy! >

LOL!!! you had me cracky up lol...but i have a feeling Camy is going to be the Champ for a very very long time..right Camy .

Blue Another amazing Wallie! how in the world do you make them sooo fast, your very talented!.

<Camy Mayra...I read your postings and I giggle. This is what happens when *we* aren't here for a day or so, we have to catch up on so many postings. I haven't figured out how to do the multiple quote thingy without opening another page of GW at the same time and then copying and pasting and I"m just too lazy to do that. LOL

But, thank you! I did have a good time. Are there any possible vids in the works?>

LOL! you noticed didn't you? LOL!!!..yeah, i'm actually doing the open another page, copy and paste thing at the moment lol. How do you do the multiple quote things by the way????. I came here yesterday and by today, i have a lot of interesting topics to read through which i'm going to have to come back later an respond to more stuff but by then, i know i'll have a lot more new stuff to read LOL!!! i'm soooo slow!

Another vid? i want to, i really want to do a J/T vid but i'm scared! LOL!. Don't get me wrong, i love romance but i feel doing a shippy vid is probably harder than doing a team vid or action vid because there is a lot of emotion you have to capture and use very well and i'm scared i'm going to suck at it. I also wanted to wait till the new season started and see what new J/T moments we get but that's still a long way to go so i may just try making one sooner. So yeah, a new vid is definitely in the works. I actually have a song in mind but first, get my fear of doing a shippy vid out of my head! LOL!

Oh by the way, you guy's have been cracking me up this morning, i just had to comment on the Yellow Chicken picture you showed for Petey! LOL!!!. Loved it LOL!!!...can't say anything else about it because i'm still cracking up! LOL!.
        sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

<You know, I think I figured out why I like The Ark better than Sunday. From a shippers point of view, Sunday has everything that our ship could ever want. The entire episode was about relationships and John and Teyla were front and center of the entire thing. They had more scenes together here than The Ark and the scenes were lighthearted and very cute and profound at the same time. I mean that infirmary scene is really one that is right on the top of our shippers list without a doubt. And the best part about this is that even in the scenes that they weren't together, there is that subtle hint of something that could be between them. And of course, that scene in John's quarter, and that scene in hallways with Carson and Ronon...Priceless!

But for me, I guess is that these writers don't do casual very well. I was dumbfounded with Teyla in Sunday. You guys know that already. I"m over it though! DAMN NERVE TICK!

So, there's no question in my mind that shipper heaven is Sunday over The Ark. However, I think that I like the Ark better not just for JT but for the overall viewing of the episode. It had a great story with a wonderful foundation. It had the visual effects and the great character moments that I love. It was a team episode with a focus on Sheppard and how much he values and cherish his team and just how far yet again, he would go for any of them. The kicker here as far as my shipper craving is that such a wonderful story of love and commitment, of devotion, trust and a sense of duty and yet a sense of family was tied beautifully at the end with John and Teyla. It's as romantic as I think these writers will ever get in my opinion so I celebrate these little moments. It's the way in which John from the very beginning looks after all his people, never leaving any of them behind.>

Camy, i hadn't joined yet when Sunday aired but i'll like to know your thoughts on Teyla in this episode. Unless it's a touchy subject or it's not a topic that is for this thread than i understand, i'm just curious.

Also, very well said between comparing Sunday and The Ark. They are both excellet episodes but yes, i agree, Sunday was a very different episode and one i'm sure challenged the writers because it's a topic/style i'm sure there not used to writing. It does beat The Ark as far as shippy moments but lacks the team dynamic that The Ark did and that's that The Ark was still able to have all those things plus some J/T shippiness as well.

<Which is why I can't for the life of me understand why people loved so much Common Ground. If anything in CG we were shown that God forbid anything ever happens to Sheppard, his team is not willing to do for him or for any of the others as he is for them. And this is a great topic of discussion but not for this thread. Sorry if I"m stepping over anyone's toes here with CG. Basically, I am not questioning Joe's fantastic performance in CG or that of the Wraith, I"m not even questioning Weir's actions, but for me, the Team and Weir did nothing to save John. If it had not been for the Wraith, they would have found John old and dead! And that got me extremely upset. John has never questioned or hesitated when it comes to his own, but one thing is certain, there is no other like him. The only one that has come close is Ronon when in Sateda he sacrificed his life for him and Teyla. I guess you could argue that Rodney has done it a couple of times too, but even he wasn't happy with the idea of John flying the ship to save Teyla. I guess all these points can be debatable, I"m simply sharing my thoughts on the matter.>

Wow, i think you summed that up perfectly. You know, i never gave what bothered me about Common Ground as much thought until i read this. I love that episode but mainly because of the scene's with John and the Wraith but felt disappointed during the other scene's with the team on Atlantis. Yeah, they showed concern but i felt it wasn't equaled to the devotion John gives to his team and the risks he is willing to take for them. I really was hoping for more in that department but for the most part never gave it much thought. But your comparison just made it so much clearer as to why it bothered me sooo much.

Okay, i'll have to come back later and keep on trying to catch up with what i have missed.
          sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
            I had the same problem with convergence. I don't know who opened the webpage, but it said something about renewing it?
            Sansonong and Vaberella started the site, but Nina is right, they'll fix it soon enough.
            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Mayra....don't worry......I know about vidding...actually I don't. You take your time and don't worry, I"ll send Stephie to hound you for another pretty soon.

You know, I love Petey! He is such a cutie. Billy is more serious and too cool for me. But Petey is a trip. I just know my girls would love to play with him to pieces. Course, I'd have to get him away from my girls cause they are just too cute! LOL

That chicken...please, that was all Dee's doing!

She started it!

The Ark and Sunday...yes...I do have a soft spot for Teyla's role in Sunday but I think I pretty much summed up my concerns then and now in one of the postings up above. Basically, she just seemed unlike herself. Teyla has always been a very private person and this sort of wasn't her style. I also found Weir to be very off herself. But the boys were good! Just show these writers have a hard time writing our females.

Read my post somewhere I think I summed it up pretty much!

As for Common Ground...jeepers I had a lengthy discussion with someone about this episode. I was so surprised that so many loved this episode but I understand now that it's simply and only because of the angst going on with John. I personally can't see that episode EVER! It's just one of those that for me, you only see once!

And belive me, that's not far from everything else that I see. There's really only a few episodes that I can really say I don't mind watching over and over and over again. But that's just me cause I'm very picky about things in general. It has nothing to do with Stargate itself.

That's like Grace Under Pressure, I can't for the life of me figure out why people love that episode and I never will because I've never seen it. To completely take out two of its characters from the team and not include them in an episode for me is just not right....but Wikked is making me watch it cause I have to cap it!

*sighs*

The same thing with The Real World....I like Elizabeth and have nothing wrong with Elizabeth but that story didn't do her justice and told me nothing about her. Again...there are just some episodes that just make no sense to me.

Teyla is supposed to be featured this Season 4 and I just hope that her story lines do her character justice.

Alright...I"m off to dinner.....I got my son's gift and now...no cooking...Man, this is getting better and better..first shopping and now dinner out!

Okay guys...the party is for the Galleria but I"m extending it here as well...The first topics are The Luxury of Touching, The Romance of Candlelight, and Romantic Hot Spots.

So, get the discussions going..use these topics and start chatting away ideas!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                Sansonong and Vaberella started the site, but Nina is right, they'll fix it soon enough.
                I hope they do cause it was a great site and I know many of you relied on it. Unique bond is also a great John and Teyla site, and I for one I"m all for supporting anything and everything that is good for John and Teyla. I didn't contribute much in Convergence and Uniquebond went through a time that was off line so I never really went back to repost my fics, but we should really support these guys and make our ship stand out!
                sigpic

Comment

Don't worry Camy...I think we all have some episodes we really don't watch ever again... Grace under pressure is one of them for me...just way to much of Rodney and Carter to the point it was driving me mad... if I ever would watch it I think it would only be John's scenes... The real world is another one of the epis I'll never watch ever again... I could hardly watch it the first time... didn't have the feeling...I have to watch it...when it came out... Not even John was able to save that one for me,,,he was just SO out of character in that one I found it like it wasn't even him just some alien who didn't know Sheppard at all.... I usually am able to find atleast one in each season I have really no desire to see again... *lol*

I do hope that they will do Teyla justice in season 4... I don't want to see a cliche and lame storyline for her ...
                  sigpic
                  Sigs by Scifan

Comment

So I'm caught up. Finally watched all of seasons 1 thru 3.

Season 3
                    Spoiler:
                    I still love Sunday. Not the Carson bit, but the J/T bits were great! Loved the Return pts 1 & 2 especially at the beginning (?) of pt 2 where Teyla says 'John' so brightly and smiles only at him. Didn't really like The Real World even though Jack is my fave character. Didn't sit well with me.

Other than that, The Storm/ The Eye, Inferno (yeah, wierd me, volcanoes, natural disaters fascinate me when they're portrayed on TV. Real life, not so much.) top my fave list with the top one being Home.

Now there's no doubt in my mind that I'm a J/T shipper and I can't wait for season 4.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post
                      Oh, no, hon, that's not how it works. I write one up every 3 or 4 months. They sway Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, oh and on Tuesdays too, if the mess hall is serving green jello; on Thursdays if Rodney doesn't bother John about a chess match; and on Sundays if Ronon doesn't hurt John too much at the gym. That just leaves Saturdays, which, apparently, are for Teyla to hang out with Cadman and the other ladies of Atlantis! Maybe, lol, I should have them both yawn more often.
                      LOL!
                      Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                        Another wallie of our beautiful duo...

Spoiler:
                        Blue, I love these last two wallies!!!! Gorgeous!! Thank you sooo much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post

My niece, Bethany wants tell everyone hello and she like John and Teyla too!!
                          Bye!!
                          Aww! Tell her a big HELLO back!

Mayra--Congrats on 100 posts!!!! WOW, that was fast! YAY! LOL!

Nick--LOL about dogs! So true! Although now I've finally got Petey out of that destructive stage...just when I'm thinking of adding a new puppy into the mix. You'd think I'd know better. And thanks for the vid comments! You are too nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post

Now there's no doubt in my mind that I'm a J/T shipper and I can't wait for season 4.

WAHOO!!!! Welcome to the obsession. And great to hear you made it through all the seasons now! I'm anxiously...er...impatiently waiting for season four too!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
                              Aww! Tell her a big HELLO back!

Mayra--Congrats on 100 posts!!!! WOW, that was fast! YAY! LOL!

Nick--LOL about dogs! So true! Although now I've finally got Petey out of that destructive stage...just when I'm thinking of adding a new puppy into the mix. You'd think I'd know better. And thanks for the vid comments! You are too nice!

Thanks LC!! She's the 8yr old I had to feed!

Congrats Mayra!!

Welcome Toomi!!
                              1-800-Iluv-JandT
                              sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                                Another wallie of our beautiful duo...

Spoiler:
                                Blue, that's really nice, especially the way you have Teyla looking at John.

Mestes, thanks and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Two kisses, hmm. One kiss -- he comes up for air -- goes in for another.

Camy, didn't you write a fic with Rodney catching them?

I'm enjoying the ep comparisons. I liked CG immensely, especially first-run, and I was pleased and entertained overall, but like some of the posters here, I eventually started zipping through some scenes until it got obvious (to me) I was only watching the John & Wraith scenes. I'm probably overly sensitive but ...
                                Spoiler:
                                ... I gulp when I hear John talk about his people coming for him knowing no one makes it until the end. He tells everyone not to cooperate and then tells the Wraith he's got a life to get back to and he'll get rescued. Why the ep let John focus so much on getting rescued and then makes him save himself confuses me-- sort of. I mean, how would John and the Wraith bond if there wasn't an escape? But like others have said, the angst in John when one of his people gets hurt is so palpable, so distressing that it's like an Atlantis staple. I was hungry for Teyla's reaction too. Shippy stuff aside, she'd known him longer than Ronon, so while I liked Ronon's outrage, I wasn't sure why it was showcased and Teyla was given so, so little ... just a shot here and there. I know she's stoic. But she's done a great job in other eps showing when something hurts her heart: Suspicion, The Gift. [Edit] I forgot The Ark and Sunday. [/edit] Why wasn't she allowed to show what was going on under the surface in CG?
                                Last edited by expendable_crewman; 01 June 2007, 05:13 AM. Reason: Forgot the Ark and Sunday ...

Comment

Working...
                                X