No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a story that I'm hoping to post pretty soon, but I want my husband to read it before I put it out there. YC helped with the editting and gave many helpful suggestions. So, hopefully soon. Oh, and of course it's about J/T.

Can you guys let me know where your stories are? I'd like to read them.

Camy: Was that you who wrote Short Curcuit? WOW! What a Kiss! A lot of passion and I loved the interaction with the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
      Those of you who got the chance to read the summaries back in the hay days of Atlantis, most of the characters bio for Teyla stated that she was meant to be a potential love interest for Sheppard. Most of the summaries now, don't read that. Some do read that she and Sheppard had an instant connection or something to that sort, but for the most part that love interest has been removed. In a way I"m glad because I didn't want Teyla's role associated with John's love interest. And I think this is where Maxbo started her point stating that this might have hinder her character at the beginning and if they writers had pursued this Teyla might not be around today if that had been the case.
      Oh I agree with your “way” Camy.

I mean of course us J/T shippers we naturally would [assuming it is doen right] like to see John and Teyla cross that line they have been glancing at since…well an earlier glance in Athosian hut or cave , you take your pick.

But Teyla individually has so much to offer, been huge amounts of potential sicne day one. Granted the writers haven’t explored this as much as many of us would wish, but that is beside the point. If they had stuck rigidly to that earleir view of her and moved too soon, the cost would’ve been great. Her role and influence I fear would’ve been much reduced, lacking the individuatlity she has today, A concern of yours that you’ve mentioned in the past, of human traits and such replacing part of her Athosian indentity, would’ve been more likely perhaps.

Deserved better than to be wheeled out as John’s love interest every once in a while, or become like so many other characters you see on TV, or both.

Now, the point for me here is...aside from the fact that we want them together...but some of you have clearly mentioned that you like the way things are now, others like me have shared that I'd like to see it go to the next level...now, setting aside what we think the writers are going to do, how do you feel about this?

Do you think that Teyla and John can have a relationship while continuing to be the same characters that they are now?

why can't it work? Why can't John and Teyla have an onscreen relationship with it's complexities and without making it soapy and mushy? or do you simply think that it's not possible....again...don't write about what these writers can and can't do...think of it as what you as a viewer want to see and what you feel is doable and continue to show what you love about the show....I especially want to read opinions from those that are die hard fans of John...do you think that if John started anything serious with Teyla he wouldn't and couldn't continue to have her on his team, or is this about following protocols in the military that constricts them? And those die hard fans of Teyla...this new spoiler of Teyla's condition in Season 4...you don't see Teyla having a family and continuing to work as a member of the team? What did Teyla and her people do before the Earthlings came to Atlantis? Do you see Teyla sitting back and waiting for John in Atlantis with her baby?
      Can it work? In a word, yes.

They are clearly the two closest people and share the greatest understanding of each other out of anyone on Atlantis. A mere look already says everything that sometimes needs to be said between them. Except on one fairly massive issue , know the right thing to say and when, make the other relax. John and Teyla respect the other’s opinion and judgement, would listen to it like that of no other person you could argue.

Two examples that spring to mind would be Allies and Irresponsible.

They would sacrice their lfie if it meant saving the other

Spoiler:
      Few better [maybe none] examples for John doing so fro Teyla than The Ark later this week.

If they were indeed in a relationship, would these things or their public image be so very different?

If they were “on the clock”, more often than not I doubt we’d see them display affection in public. That leaves their private life and their downtime, and it wouldn’t need to domiante the show, it could be handled in a sublte and not so invasive way, which suits their characters IMO.

Spoiler:
      I’m shooting right ahead to the last question here. Instinctively, I simply can’t see Teyla sitting back on Atlantis looking after the baby alone and then seeing that dinner is ready on the table when John return’s back home os to speak.

I think, wherever possible, Teyla would under normal circumstances want to continue on as a memer of the team.

What of the Athosians before the Earthlings? More the opposite with maybe Teyla being an exception to some degree because of her position and role as leader.

A bit of a rambling mess i'm afraid but um, there you have it. *shrugs*
      Last edited by Nick 0208 Ldn; 15 May 2007, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Look at what I found! A really nice Rachel (and others) pic(s). They can be seen here.

Comment

You are so damn good with words! And I totally agree with most of what you wrote! LOL

I"m interested in reading others...did I write something wrong?

Hey on other matters, I"m soo yearning a good fic right now, but nothing has come out recently....Dee, I think I could recite your latest by memory...I've read it so many times now....

I'm so looking forward to reading more....We need to spark people's muse again to writing!

Ah, I"m going to have to go to bed without anything....

anyone want to give me something short at least before I go to sleep...something to spark the plot bunnies in my dreams?
          Not taken by Steph's pitch for a pig based fic then huh?

How desperate are you exactly? *with the look fo a second hand car salesman*

I've got 350 words of something, it was originally only supposed to be 100-200 but anyways. Now call it the beginning of something perhaps. You can nick the theme and run with it if you like, it has been sitting om my desktop for months. Not too sure about it.

I could PM it to you if need a quick J/T fix. lol

Dee, thanks for the link, i'll be checking them out any second. Seen the first one and Rachel's smile lights it right up.

Comment

I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud. I love Teyla and John, but I personally think that John may be the one who would have trouble not showing his feelings publicly, if they were together. Look how he was with Chaya from Sanctuary and Mara from The Tower, he wanted them to stay with him. He was willing to bring Mara to Atlantis to keep her safe. He tried to hide his feelings, sort of, for Chaya, but everybody knew.
            Spoiler:
            The only one who has verbally said anything about John and Teyla is Ronon, in Sunday.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud. I feel that John would occasionally try to be over protective, which might make Teyla mad or uncomfortable. Eventhough he does it to her now, she probably lets him do it because he is kinda a boss, but if that was to change.... I don't know, she may feel she would have to prove something?

I'm not saying that they can't have a relationship or even a family, but I just think that they can't be in the same team and I don't think that John could keep his feelings a secret, once it was out.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine27 View Post
              Look at what I found! A really nice Rachel (and others) pic(s). They can be seen here.
              I LOVE IT!! I wish she would wear her hair like that more often and she always looks good in whatever she wears. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

*sniff* I'll just shut up then.... *sniff* Actually, I don't think that's possible, or at least that's what my husband says.

Sorry, no new story. But I'll post a chapter in a day or two.
                What's not possible, writing? And please don't shut up, that's not what I meant....I love reading your thoughts.
                sigpic

Comment

Saw those Dee...and she looks gorgeous! I believe those were from way back when either last summer or early fall.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nick 0208 Ldn View Post
                    Not taken by Steph's pitch for a pig based fic then huh?

How desperate are you exactly? *with the look fo a second hand car salesman*

I've got 350 words of something, it was originally only supposed to be 100-200 but anyways. Now call it the beginning of something perhaps. You can nick the theme and run with it if you like, it has been sitting om my desktop for months. Not too sure about it.

I could PM it to you if need a quick J/T fix. lol

Dee, thanks for the link, i'll be checking them out any second. Seen the first one and Rachel's smile lights it right up.
                    Nick, PM this to me whenver you can...I love your work...and any time of the day is good enough for me. I was replying to a new thread that Killdeer and I opened in the off topic thread. It's called the CK Coffee Shop or Atlantis Coffee Shop. Jeepers...I should be in bed long time ago!

Anywho, check it out when you have a chance. But I will most definetly be interested in reading this and I can't wait till you send it to me.

Thanks! you are the greatest!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                      I have a story that I'm hoping to post pretty soon, but I want my husband to read it before I put it out there. YC helped with the editting and gave many helpful suggestions. So, hopefully soon. Oh, and of course it's about J/T.

Can you guys let me know where your stories are? I'd like to read them.

Camy: Was that you who wrote Short Curcuit? WOW! What a Kiss! A lot of passion and I loved the interaction with the team.
                      That's great to hear scifan, looking forward to your fic.

I can give you a few links to some of the fantastic writers we have in here.

Camy - http://www.fanfiction.net/u/918896/
                      Cyn - http://www.fanfiction.net/u/928104/
                      Devine - http://www.fanfiction.net/u/824018/
                      EC - http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1097020/
                      Padme_18 - http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1061593/
                      Steph - http://www.fanfiction.net/u/469120/
                      White-Tigers123 - http://www.fanfiction.net/u/838617/
                      Oh and me - http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1140310/ << Not so fantastic but trying you know, people can aspire.

Oh and a big thank you to aaobuttons for all the info on the Stargate Fan Awards, much appreciated.
                      Last edited by Nick 0208 Ldn; 15 May 2007, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                        I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud. I love Teyla and John, but I personally think that John may be the one who would have trouble not showing his feelings publicly, if they were together. Look how he was with Chaya from Sanctuary and Mara from The Tower, he wanted them to stay with him. He was willing to bring Mara to Atlantis to keep her safe. He tried to hide his feelings, sort of, for Chaya, but everybody knew.
                        Spoiler:
                        The only one who has verbally said anything about John and Teyla is Ronon, in Sunday.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud. I feel that John would occasionally try to be over protective, which might make Teyla mad or uncomfortable. Eventhough he does it to her now, she probably lets him do it because he is kinda a boss, but if that was to change.... I don't know, she may feel she would have to prove something?

I'm not saying that they can't have a relationship or even a family, but I just think that they can't be in the same team and I don't think that John could keep his feelings a secret, once it was out.
                        Don't ever feel like you are trying to impose something on us....we are all really nice laid back people here. I"m the only one that sometimes goes a bit wild, but you will get to know that about me. That's why I"m the thread mommy, I"m allowed those things once in awhile, either that, or they simply ignore me! LOL

Any way. I like how you wrote this although I disagree to some extent....

Yes both keep their lives very private. John has especially kept his private but has been very open to Teyla and now to Ronon. So, I don't think that he has a problem persay because a little beer gets him to open up! LOL

And with Teyla it comes naturally to him. I think Teyla is more reserved than him and I think she's more private than him, and yet we've seen a different side of her in Sunday. But I don't want to spoil it.

But yes, they are both very private persons. And if they ever were to become a couple, I think that they would both continue to do just that. But what I don't agree with you is that John would be the one to hold back. I don't see him smooching Teyla in public, but I do see John as Weir so eloquently worded it, as a helpless romantic. I see him asking to leave early for a surprise picnic with Teyla. I see him waiting for her just outside the gateroom as she comes back from visiting the Athosians. I see him gently kissing her forehead as they go their separate ways after a debriefing. I see that tender, subtle soft side of John cause I"ve seen it already. The way he looks at her. The way he watches her. The way he brushes his body against her tells me that he's not one to show complete attention in public but he's neither ashamed nor blind to show the woman he loves that he is indeed in love with her.

The one that I see more reserved is Teyla. And yet, I think that she will also give her smile, and her elbows will brush against his and her walk will slow as she passes by him. Just subtle things that won't be often, but they will be there.

I think John and Teyla can distinguish what is priority and what is their responsibility. I think it would be definetely more difficult for John to see Teyla in a mission than for Teyla herself because she has lived with the fear of the Wraith all her life and yet her people have continued to lived and make families despite the fact. And I don't see why Teyla shouldn't. She has already expressed that she indeed wants a relationship and therefore, a family is only a matter of time as well. And although, John commented something to the fact to Ronon in Sunday, I don't believe he was being completely honest with Ronon and the fact that on several occasions he has mentioned that he does want children and that he even has thought of his grandkids only show that not only he wants a family, but that family will live in Atlantis.

So, for me, these two can continue to work together. I don't know if the regulations would be different for John and Teyla and especially now that the city looks like it will indeed turn into a military base, but for Teyla she is not confine by the rules of the military and as part of Sheppards Team she is seen only as representing her people and not so much Earth and Atlantis, although yes...but in reality Teyla joined the team to protect her people and that has always been her priority. Will that change now that Atlantis role is going to change? I don't know. But I still question if Teyla has to follow that protocol and if Teyal is not under military protocol then that means that Sheppard doesn't have to see her as one either and she can continue to be on his team. I think that for John he would rather see Teyla with him than with any other team. And vice versa. So besides the protocol issues, I would think that they both would want to keep it that way. And besides, if this was something that really bothered Sheppard, wouldn't he have mentioned it in Sunday?

Now, things might change if a wee one was around. And yet, there are many scenarios to play here. Like Nick, I don't see Teyla staying in Atlantis watching over the babes while husband goes off on a mission that might get him killed. And yet, if John and Teyla both want a family whether with each other or someone else, then what is it that they are waiting for, to anihilate the Wraith? There are others dangers in the Pegasus Galaxy and for Teyla and her people that hasn't stopped them from pursuing their fight or continue their lives. Why should it for John?

just my opinion, of course.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the link Devine...

Great pics of her..
                          sigpic

Comment

Don't ever feel like you are trying to impose something on us....we are all really nice laid back people here. I"m the only one that sometimes goes a bit wild, but you will get to know that about me. That's why I"m the thread mommy, I"m allowed those things once in awhile, either that, or they simply ignore me! LOL

Any way. I like how you wrote this although I disagree to some extent....

Yes both keep their lives very private. John has especially kept his private but has been very open to Teyla and now to Ronon. So, I don't think that he has a problem persay because a little beer gets him to open up! LOL

And with Teyla it comes naturally to him. I think Teyla is more reserved than him and I think she's more private than him, and yet we've seen a different side of her in Sunday. But I don't want to spoil it.

But yes, they are both very private persons. And if they ever were to become a couple, I think that they would both continue to do just that. But what I don't agree with you is that John would be the one to hold back. I don't see him smooching Teyla in public, but I do see John as Weir so eloquently worded it, as a helpless romantic. I see him asking to leave early for a surprise picnic with Teyla. I see him waiting for her just outside the gateroom as she comes back from visiting the Athosians. I see him gently kissing her forehead as they go their separate ways after a debriefing. I see that tender, subtle soft side of John cause I"ve seen it already. The way he looks at her. The way he watches her. The way he brushes his body against her tells me that he's not one to show complete attention in public but he's neither ashamed nor blind to show the woman he loves that he is indeed in love with her.

The one that I see more reserved is Teyla. And yet, I think that she will also give her smile, and her elbows will brush against his and her walk will slow as she passes by him. Just subtle things that won't be often, but they will be there.

I think John and Teyla can distinguish what is priority and what is their responsibility. I think it would be definetely more difficult for John to see Teyla in a mission than for Teyla herself because she has lived with the fear of the Wraith all her life and yet her people have continued to lived and make families despite the fact. And I don't see why Teyla shouldn't. She has already expressed that she indeed wants a relationship and therefore, a family is only a matter of time as well. And although, John commented something to the fact to Ronon in Sunday, I don't believe he was being completely honest with Ronon and the fact that on several occasions he has mentioned that he does want children and that he even has thought of his grandkids only show that not only he wants a family, but that family will live in Atlantis.

So, for me, these two can continue to work together. I don't know if the regulations would be different for John and Teyla and especially now that the city looks like it will indeed turn into a military base, but for Teyla she is not confine by the rules of the military and as part of Sheppards Team she is seen only as representing her people and not so much Earth and Atlantis, although yes...but in reality Teyla joined the team to protect her people and that has always been her priority. Will that change now that Atlantis role is going to change? I don't know. But I still question if Teyla has to follow that protocol and if Teyal is not under military protocol then that means that Sheppard doesn't have to see her as one either and she can continue to be on his team. I think that for John he would rather see Teyla with him than with any other team. And vice versa. So besides the protocol issues, I would think that they both would want to keep it that way. And besides, if this was something that really bothered Sheppard, wouldn't he have mentioned it in Sunday?

Now, things might change if a wee one was around. And yet, there are many scenarios to play here. Like Nick, I don't see Teyla staying in Atlantis watching over the babes while husband goes off on a mission that might get him killed. And yet, if John and Teyla both want a family whether with each other or someone else, then what is it that they are waiting for, to anihilate the Wraith? There are others dangers in the Pegasus Galaxy and for Teyla and her people that hasn't stopped them from pursuing their fight or continue their lives. Why should it for John?

just my opinion, of course.
                            Alot of good points. I guess what I was mostly trying to say is that if they ever admit that they have a thing for each other, he won't be able to keep his feelings a secret from the rest of Atlantis, nor should he.
                            I like the ideas of his romantic jesters. I can see that. I just hope that tptb are not just messing with us to get our hopes up.
                            Spoiler:
                            And if tptb have Teyla involved with someone else, which is hard for me to imagine, I hate to see John's heart broken.

Anywho, alot of good points, thanks.

Comment

thanks for the link devine
                              i don't think we will see much romance in season 4 from some of the spoilers and rumours that is going around although i hope to see some nice jt moments and also some nice angst episodes as well as some team episodes as these are the ones that i think makes atlantis worth watching i love all the team moments and episodes but most of all i always love the angst episodes with john and teyla i only hope the writers are listening
                              Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Hey,

Just a random idea i've got that i thought i'd put out to you.

John and Teyla both have a wiki individually, but why not one for J/T? Of course we'd have to be conservative in what we said with it being wikipedia though thqat still leaves us enough scope i think.

We could work on the text we would publish to the entry in here. And maybe those talented people in the Galleria [You know who you are ] could decide upon or create a picture we could attach. My only concern about this is copyright issues and such.

I dont' know how many people would search it out but it could be something to be refered to. With the open nature of wikipedia there is the possibility that it could be vandalised, but we shouldn't live in fear and our intentions and reasons for doing it would not change if it were.

Not having been on GW since th ebeginning, i may well be making a suggestion that has already been made, you'll hve to tell me.

However if not...

What do you think? Something to consider in the future perhaps? Oh i dunno.

Later all, i'm off to have some lunch.
                                Last edited by Nick 0208 Ldn; 16 May 2007, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X