No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great smile pics guys!!!! They're making me smile! LOL! Sorry I can't post any at the moment, I'm at work. But I'm loving them!!!! Thank you!!!
    Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

LC, had a hard time getting your vid. Finally got it and it was worth the wait. The story was beautiful. I have no idea why these two are not making babies already. Oh, wait, they're waiting for season 11.

Daniquinn , your video was awesome. I ordered that song. I'd heard it by Sarah Brightman but not by Hayley Westenra. Liked Hayley's version. "... Falling for you ..." Lovely.

Fits perfectly.

NinaM, great job. I have JT overload and it's wonderful. I'll watch videos through the void between First Strike and new eps, lol.

Thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by Camy View Post
      Good morning my darlings!

Just saw Vengeance last night! *thanks!*
      Lady of Stargate, I totally understand...I cried like a baby and almost punched a techinician when he told me he couldn't fix my USB drive where I had EVERTHING that I had ever done for Atlantis....*sighs*

I feel hives coming back to me....

LOL

anywho....life goes on, hon....don't stress over it...just let us know and we will see if we can find some of your things if you have posted them and we can repost the vids, fics, etc...for you....

just don't ask me....*grins*

Just kidding....good luck with that!

Stephie....calm down hon.....I have one that I made and I want to make you loads more so that you have to choose from them...but now, Bella is bugging me...with her ideas and her challenges...and you know the drill....*winks*

I'll have that for you...promise!

I just wanted you to know I haven't forgotten about you even though my computer has erased three of the ones that I was working on and then BOOM! Lost it!

Anywho....Vengeance...

Spoiler:
      I liked it...didn't love it....Teyla calling John three times...AWESOME! I just don't want the writers to turn our Teyla into the girl that needs rescuing all the time...hey, what if this is part of her plan to lure a certain guy to admit his feelings...OOOOOOH, I might be on to something..........

TEYLA!

JOHN!

TEYLA!

JOHN!

.....to be continued....

Overall, I didn't love it like I did The Ark...John was a bit off for me....don't ask me why..Okay..you twisted my arm....Was it me or did Ronon seem to be in charge in this mission? Moving on.....Who called Teyla when she dissappeared...I know Rodney said, Teyla...but then someone called her, to me it sounded like Ronon....overeall, it was not a shippy episode at all...but a team episode...it was great to see Ronon finally speak to John and show his presence as not one of muscles and brawn but that he actually did voice down the idea with Michael in the first place..it's good to see that the writers are finally showing that Teyla and Ronon are not idiots....and that the blame for these things have been the poor choices made by the Earthlings....and I think it hit John hard when Ronon said that....and that was powerful...I just wished it had been Teyla that had done that....and then I saw Teyla sympathise with Michael...that I found a bit disturbing...I was with Michael all along until I saw in this episode what he did to an entire population....everything has a limit and he pushed that limit for me.....but to hear that Teyla can understand it was very disturbing for me...or did I misununderstood that as well...help? but the one that I felt for the most was Weir....man, I am so not looking forward to First Strike and the rumors I"ve heard about what might happen to her...you could see in her eyes the worry look on her face and the tension that she's carrying around with the decision she made about Michael....and that's too bad that Carson is not there to at least help her go through that and not be alone on that one...I can understand why Carson hasn't been mentioned in the last two episodes, the writers haven't given any scenes where he's name would properly be mentioned so that is why for me it has been okay not to hear his name..however, there should be at least a scene there where he is remembered.....oh, well...I know I sound like I didn't like it...but I did....

On another matter, we are going to continue with the Hiatus Calendar and in addition work on the month of February in the Galleria mostly....

February 14th will be our big party where we hope to see lots of fun things....we want to include everyone in the JT communities to participate....we are looking for Fics and Artwork combined.....so for me, I"ve already asked Bella if she could make my banner for the new fic that hopefully I will post soon....and I will ask for others to make banners to go with the other fics that I've written so that I can repost them in my LJ....

If you have a new fic...please ask and see if anyone can make you the banner to go along with your fic..I think it should be fun and collaborative work is always good...

Bella and I will post daily, weekly and monthly challenges....today's word of the day is Smile!

So, post, create, write, discuss anything and everything JT related with the word, Smile...
      Camy, I just posted something in the ep thread about the number of eps with people getting captured.

Vengeance:
      Spoiler:
      Teyla won with eight, but the others weren't far behind.

I haven't decided what I want her to do when she gets tied up, call for help or kick butt. Maybe both.

McKay calls for help but I don't want to compare Teyla to McKay.

I don't want John to rescue her many more times, but I don't think it's overdone yet.

It would have been nice if they'd shown us how Michael got her unconscious.

John was a bit off? Lol, he was freaked out. How many times do we get to see John doing "freaked out"?

He even jumps in one scene, when the Marines call him on the radio and surprise him.

Ronon showed his temper in this one. I wasn't sure who won those scenes, John or Ronon. Just before John took Teyla's advice over Ronon's, Ronon turns his back to her to press John not to quit, as in not leave the tunnel. It was almost as though Ronon didn't understand John, or John was incomprehensible. I don't know what the writers were trying to show us with this, but I hope we get an explanation.

I have a different take on Michael than a lot of fans. I think the writers are (and have been) writing him as a bad guy, and that they started doing it at minute marker 30:00 in the ep Michael. The character has the traits of a sociopath. Carson, in Instinct,
      Spoiler:
      was trying to decrypt a genetic mystery (what are the Wraith and where did they come from?) when Ellia presented him with motivation to go full tilt boogie on a retrovirus. She wanted to be human.
      The ep Michael
      Spoiler:
      showed us Ellia, as a Wraith that wants to be human, was an anomally.
      That could have been the end of the field use of the retrovirus, at least as far as we know, except a Wraith named Michael, in Allies,
      Spoiler:
      gave the information to the hive queen, who blackmailed Atlantis into making it into a weapon. Would Atlantis have weaponzied the retrovirus eventually? The scientists were working on it. But to create it and use it are two different things, and the Atlanteans used it in the show because they were forced to do it by Wraith based on intelligence given to them by Michael. Recall the queen had another agenda?
      Recall, too, Michael in No Man's Land
      Spoiler:
      didn't know about Plan B. He thought the retrovirus was good enough to use on other Wraith not once, but twice in the show. The second time was in No Man's Land.
      So, I love Michael as a villain but I have no patience for his chitter-chatter. Michael's focus is Michael. He's been written that way from the start. Didn't change in season 2. Hasn't changed in season 3. No Man's Land and Misbegotten
      Spoiler:
      wouldn't have happened without Michael's positing the use of the retrovirus on Wraith ... first to his hive queen, and then to the Earthers on the Daedalus. However, when Michael says, "Use the retrovirus on Wraith," he means OTHER Wraith. And after coordinating it twice to get used on OTHER Wraith, he gives his "Don't change who I am" speech.

LOL.

I don't need him to get over himself, though. He makes a cool human / Wraith hybrid sociopath.

Look forward to him giving John and Teyla lots to do in season 4.

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post

NinaM, great job. I have JT overload and it's wonderful. I'll watch videos through the void between First Strike and new eps, lol.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks EC - I'm glad you enjoyed the video...
        sigpic
        Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Watched Vengeance yesterday...

Spoiler:
          I liked this episode! I kind of like the darker, more sombre feel the latest episodes have had. There were a few parts that scared the hell out of me, I don't really like it when things pop of nowhere. I still jump even though I know it's gonna happen.

I hope to see more of Michael and his human-bug things...I wonder if he gave them a name. And if they are a foe more powerful then the Wraith, then wow...can't wait to see that!

A few things I noticed, Ronon's sword made an appearance, although it was only for about 2 seconds. I think the last time we saw that thing was in Epiphany.

Also the tunnels must have been built really strong, because I was surprised that the C4 didn't bring the whole place down on them when they blew up the pod room...

No J/T moments(except for when Teyla called for John), but I think Season 3 has been pretty good to us in that department and there is one episode left in the season...I could always go for another moment.

Welcome to the thread Echo! I would have said it earlier(it kinda slipped my mind), but I've been kinda busy this week, new semester at school and now my computer issues which seem to be getting a lot better, thankfully!

It turns out there was a problem with the hardrive, my dad took it out and had a look at it, put it back in and it seems to work again. I can save stuff now and not have it disappear the next time I turn it on. I have all my files, except my pictures(the one thing I really didn't want to lose). Found out that they're still on the computer somewhere way, way, way, way in the background. So we bought some file retrieving software, hopefully that'll do it. Also got a 40GB external hardrive...just to be on the safe side incase something like this ever happens again.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
            I found some more songs that I think fit and and thought I would share them. I think they fit the episode(s) Return Part 1 and maybe Epiphany:

Wherever You Are by Jack Ingram

Home by Michael Buble
            Oh good recs, Planet_TV! I love that Michael Buble song especially! Oh man...too many good songs out there to choose from! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post
              LC, had a hard time getting your vid. Finally got it and it was worth the wait. The story was beautiful. I have no idea why these two are not making babies already. Oh, wait, they're waiting for season 11.

Daniquinn , your video was awesome. I ordered that song. I'd heard it by Sarah Brightman but not by Hayley Westenra. Liked Hayley's version. "... Falling for you ..." Lovely.

Fits perfectly.

Thanks for sharing.

Camy, I just posted something in the ep thread about the number of eps with people getting captured.

Vengeance:
              Spoiler:
              Teyla won with eight, but the others weren't far behind.

I haven't decided what I want her to do when she gets tied up, call for help or kick butt. Maybe both.

McKay calls for help but I don't want to compare Teyla to McKay.

I don't want John to rescue her many more times, but I don't think it's overdone yet.

It would have been nice if they'd shown us how Michael got her unconscious.

John was a bit off? Lol, he was freaked out. How many times do we get to see John doing "freaked out"?

He even jumps in one scene, when the Marines call him on the radio and surprise him.

Ronon showed his temper in this one. I wasn't sure who won those scenes, John or Ronon. Just before John took Teyla's advice over Ronon's, Ronon turns his back to her to press John not to quit, as in not leave the tunnel. It was almost as though Ronon didn't understand John, or John was incomprehensible. I don't know what the writers were trying to show us with this, but I hope we get an explanation.

I have a different take on Michael than a lot of fans. I think the writers are (and have been) writing him as a bad guy, and that they started doing it at minute marker 30:00 in the ep Michael. The character has the traits of a sociopath. Carson, in Instinct,
              Spoiler:
              was trying to decrypt a genetic mystery (what are the Wraith and where did they come from?) when Ellia presented him with motivation to go full tilt boogie on a retrovirus. She wanted to be human.
              The ep Michael
              Spoiler:
              showed us Ellia, as a Wraith that wants to be human, was an anomally.
              That could have been the end of the field use of the retrovirus, at least as far as we know, except a Wraith named Michael, in Allies,
              Spoiler:
              gave the information to the hive queen, who blackmailed Atlantis into making it into a weapon. Would Atlantis have weaponzied the retrovirus eventually? The scientists were working on it. But to create it and use it are two different things, and the Atlanteans used it in the show because they were forced to do it by Wraith based on intelligence given to them by Michael. Recall the queen had another agenda?
              Recall, too, Michael in No Man's Land
              Spoiler:
              didn't know about Plan B. He thought the retrovirus was good enough to use on other Wraith not once, but twice in the show. The second time was in No Man's Land.
              So, I love Michael as a villain but I have no patience for his chitter-chatter. Michael's focus is Michael. He's been written that way from the start. Didn't change in season 2. Hasn't changed in season 3. No Man's Land and Misbegotten
              Spoiler:
              wouldn't have happened without Michael's positing the use of the retrovirus on Wraith ... first to his hive queen, and then to the Earthers on the Daedalus. However, when Michael says, "Use the retrovirus on Wraith," he means OTHER Wraith. And after coordinating it twice to get used on OTHER Wraith, he gives his "Don't change who I am" speech.

LOL.

I don't need him to get over himself, though. He makes a cool human / Wraith hybrid sociopath.

Look forward to him giving John and Teyla lots to do in season 4.

Hey EC! So sorry about the trouble finding the slideshow. Glad you were finally able to track it down and watch it though! Thanks!!! Let's hope we don't have to wait for 11 seasons for something more juicy. LOL!

I also wanted to comment on your thoughts on Michael. I absolutely loved how you worded that. I couldn't quite place a finger on why some other's take on him was bothering me, but you said it so perfectly. Just wanted to say, I totally agree.

And great capture list too! Thanks for that!!!!

Steph

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_of_Stargate View Post
                It turns out there was a problem with the hardrive, my dad took it out and had a look at it, put it back in and it seems to work again. I can save stuff now and not have it disappear the next time I turn it on. I have all my files, except my pictures(the one thing I really didn't want to lose). Found out that they're still on the computer somewhere way, way, way, way in the background. So we bought some file retrieving software, hopefully that'll do it. Also got a 40GB external hardrive...just to be on the safe side incase something like this ever happens again.
                Glad to here you're almost back up and running now! That's great! And great that you got an external drive now too! I swear by those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick 0208 Ldn View Post
                  Boht a perfect match for The Return Part 1, when i read your post and listened again to Home, there was a voice in my head screaming that one aloud.
                  The one line in the Jack Ingram song that I think sums up The Return part 1 for and from

Spoiler:
                  the head touch scene to just before returning to the Peagus Galaxy would have to be "So many miles to where we said good-bye." I think that line so fits the head touch scene.

I think that would make a good quote for a / photo art.

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
                  Oh good recs, Planet_TV! I love that Michael Buble song especially! Oh man...too many good songs out there to choose from! LOL!
                  I have a list that have saved in Word of what I think fits them that I posted here some time ago and have been adding to it. Eventually it will be up on website as I have not seen any other Shep/Teyla site do one.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Vengeance..

Spoiler:
                    I liked the conflict that was going on between John and Ronan. I think these guys usually have a very different view on how to handle things and it was brought to a head here. Ronan's answer to everthing is to stand and fight, and destroy the enemy - no negotiations. John has a more cautious attitude but can also be a bit impulsive at times, but overall he tries to look at the bigger picture. I think here Ronan felt that things had gotten so out of hand with Michael that there was no room left for any negotiation, he just wanted to kill Michael. John on the other hand wanted to capture him and find out as much as possible about what he had been up to.

But after his little spat with Ronan, John in this case seemed to agree - the whole mess was pretty much their fault and it was time to end it. I was delighted to see Ronan point out that the whole thing had been a really bad idea from the start and they needed to fix what they had started. Though I'm still left wondering if John would have killed Michael if the bug hadn't of come up behind it. Would John kill Michael after he had lowered his weapon ?. I think Ronan would have pulled the trigger and had no problem doing it but I don't think John would have. Again we see at the end how differently they think when they come across the Dart - Ronans first reaction is to blow it up while again John is thinking of the bigger picture - which ended up saving them.

I don't think I found John or Ronan off - John was spooked because of the bugs , and who could blame him though I do admit that at times it seemed at if it was Ronan who was taking the lead and I'm not sure if I like this. I know that Ronan can be a bit of a loose canon but I would like to see John having a bit more control over his team and at times I thought he could have pulled the reigns in a bit with Ronan. I think this situation was a bit unique though as it brought out Johns phobia about bugs and maybe he wasnt as sharp as he normally is, and Ronan hatred of Michael seemed to rule his actions to a degree.

As much as I loved the sparring session in Sunday between Ronan and John I don't want to see Ronan whump John so easily. I think the scene would have been better if at the end while John was on the floor and asked Ronan to help him up, it would have been good to see John unexpectatly grab Ronan and flip him on his ass. John after all is a soldier and the Military Commander of Atlantis, so I would expect him to have some fancy moves.
                    sigpic

Comment

Blue, EC....Great, great comments here....

Spoiler:
                      EC, I'm so glad you did that and not me....I like Teyla for her uniqueness and for her defiance...I like it that she can kick ass and I like it that she can do it on her own. It certainly is a bit of a different Teyla but I'm finding that her changes make sense...remember in Suspicion and in Inferno where she was in peril....we didn't see that Teyla scream...but this scene in Vengeance was different...I bet you she could hear them coming and new that the only way to make sure that they get to her on time was for her to scream and basically tell them where she was....so I was find with it....and I haven't minded at all that Teyla is in peril and John comes to her rescue....it would be awfully nice if we get the tables turned once in a while...I think it's safe to say that I"m with you on this one EC....I don't mind it and I like the interaction and the times have all been different scenarios and Teyla has maintained true to her character in all of them...so, I"m fine...I like it and it means more Teyla and more Teyla and John....but for once I wouldn't mind it if John was tied to the table and he was calling for Teyla...OY! LOL

Blue, I"m so with you on this John/Ronon thing...and I agree...I loved the bit between them and I loved that Ronon got some good decent lines besides, huff and gruff.....who ever mentioned the sword...MEN, I Forgot to add that one...I was like..up on my toes...WHOOOOHOOO, when I saw that scene...HE so ROCKED on this one....I think it makes sense that John was jumpy...didn't Joe F. himself comment on the psychological text behind this episode...overall I think John was in his game....he looked like John and acted like John...but I agree...there were too many times that John let Ronon take the lead.....in my eyes, John is like Mitchelll in SG-1...he knows that Ronon is Ronon and doesn't have to follow his orders...but I really don't even think that John feels that way, I think John listens to his team and gives them the benefit of the doubt....I liked that Teyla was the only one that really tapped into John like this.....but now Ronon makes sense in what he disputed with John and I don't think we will see that too much either..but it was a good moment for Ronon's character..what I don't like..is that Ronon seems to be taking over the role of second with John instead of Teyla.....and I wonder why that is? do you think that John relies more on Ronon's brawn and his ability with a stunner...In the Ark he did the same thing, he told Teyla to stay behind with Rodney and took Ronon twice with him.....and in Submersion..well, that's understandable....but I wonder why John is choosing Ronon more when he goes off to investigate something and not Teyla...any ideas?

great convo guys!
                      sigpic

Comment

id like to thank sheylafan for the link for the new pics thats going onto the atlantis emedian site i hope there is a few pics of jt
                        Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Hey Camy, I know this Smile thing is late, but I'm going to post it. I don't like it. It feels as if something is missing, but I'm done so I'll post it. Hope you like it.....

Spoiler:
                          Lambs for the Slaughter

It was sickening. The ease with which they sacrificed themselves. They might as well have kneeled on the floor and begged for it. Only a few had struggled, but to no avail and the numbers continued to grow at an alarming rate. No man was safe and even a few of the woman had become willing victims. Before long, the whole of Atlantis would know its touch.

It hadn’t always been this way. At first it rarely showed itself. Just a glimpse here or there as the weeks went by. But now the comfort level had changed and it appeared without a moments notice, without hesitation. It was everywhere you turned. Everywhere you looked. Everywhere…..she was.

It only took a second. One second. And time seemed to stand still. It was like the sun rising after a pitch black night; bright, beautiful, enthralling. Like the arms of a lover on a cold winter’s night; warming, accepting, comforting. Like the blast of a Wraith stunner; electrifying, paralyzing, deadly. But there was no danger here. Well, at least not of the physical kind. But when it turned on you, you were completely helpless.

John tilted his head and grinned. He’d fallen victim long ago. He couldn’t help it. Not that he really wanted to. Teyla’s radiant smile was something that he’d grown to look forward to. It greeted him each morning and haunted his dreams, but he loved it none the less. Without it the day would be less somehow. He wasn’t alone. Ronon, Lorne, hell even Rodney, had fallen under its spell. There was no use in fighting. And if that made him appear weak, if it made him appear soft in some way, John didn’t care. They were all lambs for the slaughter.

Topic at hand:

EC: I have to say, you took the words right out of my mouth…….

Spoiler:
                          Though I did feel some sympathy for Michael while in human form, the thought that he was a Wraith first and foremost was always in the back of my mind. Once he realized who and what he was that sympathy was gone. Everything Michael has ever done to ‘help’ the Lanteans has ultimately been for his own survival.

Blue: I saw this clip of Ronon and John sparring in Sunday…….

Spoiler:
                          And had the feeling the John wasn’t really putting his heart into it. Just as Ronon wasn’t interested in golf, John was interested in roughing it. He gave a half hearted effort which grew less and less serious with each level of difficulty (sees his head bobbing as he hops on one leg).

Camy: Though I haven’t seen Vengeance (or the other episodes), I wonder…….

Spoiler:
                          If John (and Ronon) is trying to protect Teyla. These last few episodes have had some really close calls for her and maybe John’s emotions are having an unconscious effect on his actions.

As for John’s leadership, it seems as if he’s always given his teammates the opportunity to voice their opinions, but he’s the one to make the final say and as long as they follow his lead while on a mission, he’s okay with that. Sure he could pull the reigns on Ronon (or any of the others), but he doesn’t because a lot of times Ronon will do things that he can’t as their leader. He wants to, but he can’t. As long as Ronon doesn’t go too far, John doesn’t need to tug and from the sounds of it Ronon was in the right and John knew it, they just didn’t have the man power needed to finish the job.

I think that everything. If it didn’t make sense, sorry.

Comment

Oh, I forgot something…….

Have you ever noticed that the members of John’s team are extensions (sometimes to the extreme) of himself; Ronon the lonely warrior, Teyla the compassionate leader, and Rodney the genius and low key hero? Hhmm…..

Comment

GIRL! I LOVE IT!

YOU have to post that in ff.net..YOU HAVE TO!

that is BRILLIANT!

*claps madly*

bows to the master!

Okay...I have a present for Cyn...but it's to be shared with everyone cause today's word of the day.......Oh, man...I got the day wrong....Today's word is Glance....

So, here....he's glancing at someone....guess who this little chicky is...JT..CYN, I found JT!

This is from the wonderful manips of slodwich....go and check out all of her work...she has excellent stuff especially some JT manips and others...mostly of John though....

leave her some comment she's great!

and now...voila..Little JT with Daddy!

sigpic

Comment

ooops...sorry....this is her site...check out the Stargate Atlantis manips..and she has other stuff too...
                                http://slodwick.com/manips.php

Dee, your take on the whole Vengeance is great...and I like that idea...I know I've chatted with others who have a different and/or similar opinion and I really want to know how everyone thinks about this one....does it make John weaker if he's extra worry about Teyla....will it hinder his decision...is he endangering Ronon now in order to protect Teyla.....what do you guys think of all of this......and is that what we want for this duo?

Again..not voicing my opinion yet....woohooo!

Today's Word of the Day...GLANCE!

and Dee..I love that last comment of yours about how they compliment John..nicely thought of ....jeepers and I thought I dugged into this stuff..

nice work hon!

Hey, do you guys like little JT...I can't get over it.....you know who John is looking at across the bed right?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X