John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camy View Post
    Well, you are right..EC...you have to have a stronger will to get into someone's way to do that...and you have to be determined to go all the way to stop that person from doing something that you think it's wrong....

correct me if I'm wrong here..but this is what I got from that scene
    Spoiler:
    that's why I said, it really looked like she was a step ahead of him....he didn't react that way immediately...he reacted to what Lucious said to him....he walked around the room before he turned around to leave...and then Ronon didn't help..egggin him on...LOL

the way I see it...if you look at the scene when John sees and says it's Koyla, Teyla moves from her position and she moves right to the door...and John moves and goes over to Lucious and then reacts....for me...I like to think that Teyla deliberatelly put herself there knowing that John would want to leave and take care of this himself....

for me, she was looking for the villagers well interest...but also for his own...cause you never hear her say, you can get him later or after or when we are in the outskirts of the village...if I"m not mistaken she says we can leave....or something like that, right? so she actually doesn't want him to comfront Koyla at all...right?

Also, for someone to get in the way like that...in my opinion...is because they feel confident that either with their words or their actions they are capable to challenge the person...now we know Teyla knows that John is not going to be forceful with her...so, she feels confident that she can hold him down....and that shows the connection that she has with him and the connection that he has with her....

in addition....remember back in Suspicion when she told Weir that she should have come to her first...or actually better when she told John about him speaking with Weir alone in Hot Zone.....what I"m saying is that she had no other choice but to put John on the spot at that moment in front of the others cause there was no other choice..he was going to go....and although we are confident that she can stop him...not everyone can do that even with a loved one....thus why I think Rodney was so surprise with her actions...who can stand in the way of John Sheppard when he's in that killing mode!? only Teyla...now if Rodney is smart...and I think he is...next time he's in trouble with John, he should get Teyla immediately! LOL

Yeah, not a shippy scene..it's nothing romantic..or any declaration...but again...for a man like John there is only one woman that can understand his character and that can ground him with just a glance and two sentences...and that's only Teyla....

and you know what...he knows it! which is what I interpreted also in his tone with her when he said to her, "What"...if he wasn't going to be influenced by her words..he wouldn't have listened to her in the first place...he knew immediately what she was going to do....he could have just pushed her aside..or told her not to say anything..he could have ignored her...but when he said "what" not only was he acknowledging already what she was going to say to him...but in my view..she already had him! LOL

Edited: John knew that Teyla was going to stop him..... he was determined to go and kill Koyla on the spot..and he knew he could do it...he had Ronon by his side and he knew the others would cover for him as well...and yet, I strongly feel that a huge part of him was already giving in to her by the mere fact that he was even listening to her....and not only that...was it me, or did you guys notice that when those two started talking...for them, there was only the two of them....it's almost like they zoned out everything and everyone around them and only concentrated on the two of them...that is powerful! It says a lot about how John feels about Teyla and what she says...and it also says how Teyla feels about John...she wasn't going to stop until she convinced him and that is powerful!
    I like everything you said.

Spoiler:
    For me, the value of that moment was how confidently and "in her element" Teyla seemed having that exchange with him. These are two very strong characters. I enjoy seeing them in sync and I enjoy watching the other side of the coin, however rare it may be.

Comment

Yeah...Devine has her series of fics..and in one, Teyla is talking with Weir and she says how John and her had a confrontation about Teyla not going on missions because she was pregnant and why would she endanger her baby...

I know..I"m getting to a point here....but the way I see it...these two can argue...they have that level of understanding that even when they argue, it won't affect their relationship at all...because there is respect there....he wants to listen to her...and she listens to him just as well....

Teyla doesn't comfront John very often...and frankly...we don't want them too...it wouldn't be good....they can't always be arguing...but when she does....man is it powerful...and you know she's going to win everytime...again...she's his voice of reason...she completes him! LOL

Oy, I"m otta here!
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah...Devine has her series of fics..and in one, Teyla is talking with Weir and she says how John and her had a confrontation about Teyla not going on missions because she was pregnant and why would she endanger her baby...

I know..I"m getting to a point here....but the way I see it...these two can argue...they have that level of understanding that even when they argue, it won't affect their relationship at all...because there is respect there....he wants to listen to her...and she listens to him just as well....

Teyla doesn't comfront John very often...and frankly...we don't want them too...it wouldn't be good....they can't always be arguing...but when she does....man is it powerful...and you know she's going to win everytime...again...she's his voice of reason...she completes him! LOL

Oy, I"m otta here!
        Flyby post as I gotta run.

Agree with everything you said Camy. Teyla is a strong and compassionate woman but she know when to hold her ground and this is what I love about her and what John loves as well.
        sigpic

Comment

You know something..if we want to get really analytical here...LOL...not me...

If we look back at Rising....that was their first connection...she was adamant to let these strangers in from the beginning...and you could see it on her face....and yet...John took that all away and completely changed her feelings and she ended up with a huge smile....so you could say, I could say, that was their connection.....he got through to her first....and now, she whips him every time...Oh, man...do I love it! that's my kind of girl...bring it on!

okay...stop it people..I gotta go!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post
            Hey there!

Tired refugee from the episode thread coming home ...

I noticed a lot of fan angst was expended on that thread and it wasn't only about Irresponsible. IMO, it ran way deeper than that.

Some great points can be salvaged in and among the posts on what must be an epic thread (OMG) ... and I actually got something out of it for myself ...

For me, I found out I'm way, way more loyal to the cast than I am to the show itself ... don't ask me how I came up with this one ... I might scare you! But it's true. I really love this cast. I can watch a so-so ep and just love the heck out of it for the value the cast brings to it. If there's good sci-fi, I'm like a kid at Christmas. Give me some good character interaction, I will smile for a week. Give me some JT ship, and oh man ... I might start dancing in my living room. We could do with a little dance, right?

Irresponsible:
            Spoiler:
            I rewound the heck out of that John/Teyla interaction in the cottage and came to the conclusion that these two must get on with it. I tried to get into Teyla's shoes and couldn't. I'm a strong woman, but that guy is the very definition of willful. Yet she stops him in his tracks. That is cosmic.

Okay, I'm exagerating ... and maybe blissfully exagerating ...

Too much reality on the episode thread.

I'm retreating into fantasy and loving it.

Seriously, though, I do love the way John and Teyla look in those scenes.

Looking forward to Sunday.

Oh yeah! ... I love you guys. You guys are always so fair to others, so nice, and clear-headed when you're on the gen threads.

Okay, back to work now.
            Hey EC! As always, you do the J/T ship proud! Thank you!

And I know exactly what you mean about being more loyal to the characters. That is how I am about almost every show I watch. I have fallen in love with some really cheesy shows because I loved the characters or the possibility of the characters. Plot and story are important too of course, but for me, first and foremost is always the characters. So that is why I said for me, the team moments redeemed Irresponsible for me. I loved those moments! And I too have rewatched that certain scene over and over again now.

Steph
            Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Well, you are right..EC...you have to have a stronger will to get into someone's way to do that...and you have to be determined to go all the way to stop that person from doing something that you think it's wrong....

correct me if I'm wrong here..but this is what I got from that scene
              Spoiler:
              that's why I said, it really looked like she was a step ahead of him....he didn't react that way immediately...he reacted to what Lucious said to him....he walked around the room before he turned around to leave...and then Ronon didn't help..egggin him on...LOL

the way I see it...if you look at the scene when John sees and says it's Koyla, Teyla moves from her position and she moves right to the door...and John moves and goes over to Lucious and then reacts....for me...I like to think that Teyla deliberatelly put herself there knowing that John would want to leave and take care of this himself....

for me, she was looking for the villagers well interest...but also for his own...cause you never hear her say, you can get him later or after or when we are in the outskirts of the village...if I"m not mistaken she says we can leave....or something like that, right? so she actually doesn't want him to comfront Koyla at all...right?

Also, for someone to get in the way like that...in my opinion...is because they feel confident that either with their words or their actions they are capable to challenge the person...now we know Teyla knows that John is not going to be forceful with her...so, she feels confident that she can hold him down....and that shows the connection that she has with him and the connection that he has with her....

in addition....remember back in Suspicion when she told Weir that she should have come to her first...or actually better when she told John about him speaking with Weir alone in Hot Zone.....what I"m saying is that she had no other choice but to put John on the spot at that moment in front of the others cause there was no other choice..he was going to go....and although we are confident that she can stop him...not everyone can do that even with a loved one....thus why I think Rodney was so surprise with her actions...who can stand in the way of John Sheppard when he's in that killing mode!? only Teyla...now if Rodney is smart...and I think he is...next time he's in trouble with John, he should get Teyla immediately! LOL

Yeah, not a shippy scene..it's nothing romantic..or any declaration...but again...for a man like John there is only one woman that can understand his character and that can ground him with just a glance and two sentences...and that's only Teyla....

and you know what...he knows it! which is what I interpreted also in his tone with her when he said to her, "What"...if he wasn't going to be influenced by her words..he wouldn't have listened to her in the first place...he knew immediately what she was going to do....he could have just pushed her aside..or told her not to say anything..he could have ignored her...but when he said "what" not only was he acknowledging already what she was going to say to him...but in my view..she already had him! LOL

Edited: John knew that Teyla was going to stop him..... he was determined to go and kill Koyla on the spot..and he knew he could do it...he had Ronon by his side and he knew the others would cover for him as well...and yet, I strongly feel that a huge part of him was already giving in to her by the mere fact that he was even listening to her....and not only that...was it me, or did you guys notice that when those two started talking...for them, there was only the two of them....it's almost like they zoned out everything and everyone around them and only concentrated on the two of them...that is powerful! It says a lot about how John feels about Teyla and what she says...and it also says how Teyla feels about John...she wasn't going to stop until she convinced him and that is powerful!
              I totally agree, Camy!!!

Spoiler:
              I noticed her moving to the door as well. I know it's probably just placement, but I too like to think of it as being in the context of the story and her anticipating his next move. It fits with how connected they are. And zoned out everything around them...great way to say it! They can be very powerful at times!
              Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

ive been reading all of your replies and have to agree with all of you teyla is definatley johns voice of reason and source of strength and camy loving the wallies you posted in the galleria
                Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Camy do you have a link to Nytels fic.

I can never navigate my way around Livejournal.

Thanks
                  sigpic

Comment

JB, LC, EC, Camy, Blue -
                    I agree with you all when it comes to this discussion...the way we all saw the J/T scene... our love for the characters,,, and I love the way we come together and talk about all the little things we notice in scenes,, and how other people see them.... no wonder I love hanging out here....
                    sigpic
                    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                      JB, LC, EC, Camy, Blue -
                      I agree with you all when it comes to this discussion...the way we all saw the J/T scene... our love for the characters,,, and I love the way we come together and talk about all the little things we notice in scenes,, and how other people see them.... no wonder I love hanging out here....

Hi Nina,

How are you.

Its nice to hang out in this thread with so many nice people - Shep and Teyla have had so many lovely moments this season. Teyla may not have had a lot of screentime in the beginning of season three but I'm delighted with how many great scenes she is getting now.

Spoiler:
                      Ken C has said that Submersion will be a Teyla ep - thats probably the only bit of good news I got from that awful ep thread. The Teyla bashing was rife when I last visited there. I also popped into the AT thread - and the same thing is going on there. I am really sick of people bashing the way she dreses and saying she is only background scenery. I don't see anyone saying how little screentime Ronan gets. Actually looking through the eps in season three so far Weir doens't get much more screentime than Teyla either. I got redded for saying that I thought TRW was one of the least favourite eps of season three and it came with a nice little rant too. It really amused me actually. Writers, characters episodes are all getting bashed but don't dare say anything Weir related. Many can dish out the insults and bashing but can't even handle different opinions.

Its great to know that we should be getting quite a bit of Teyla in the latter part of the season and I'm looking forward to lots more lovely John and Teyla interaction.

Last edited by bluealien; 08 December 2006, 01:39 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh Blue I just have to agree....I've come to hate the epi thread...it's so much bad mouthing in there...and also in other threads...

Spoiler:
                        I love the fact that Teyla will get some epi that is going to have her more in it...
                        No I don't like the crap they are pulling either when they are bashing Teyla... but god forbid if you say anything about Weir...and anything that concerns her...*sigh* I mean come on,,,what did she have in Irresponsible..what 2 minutes... that way way way less screen time then Teyla... but as you say if you point that out you get jumped... what is it with people and Weir...
                        Nope I'll stick with John and Teyla.....
                        So no I'm staying out of those places... if they can't handle that I like somthing they don't,,if they can't handle I like Teyla better then Weir, and if they can't take it that I don't like some epis they like just because it centers around a character they like and I don't well then it's not even worth it...because they wont change my mind, the wont make me like things that I don't want to...so why even bother...

No I can't wait to see more of Teyla and more of the interaction between John and Teyla... that's where my love is and my intrest...and that is something I will never walk away from...

I loved their precence in the scene where they had their little tension fight *lol* The way they look at eachother,,, the way you can see just how much he is listening to her,,, the powerful eye contact,,,got to love that... and *lol* I just can't help laughing at Rodney's look in that scene... it's like he can't believe Teyla took up that fight with John,,, Rodney's has seen what kind of a temper John has,,,remember The Defiant One,,where he yells just with one line the crap out of him and the look there on Rodney's face... maybe it's becasue at that point Rodney never really thought John would do that,, but since then he's seen the guy loose his temper and just how dangerous he can be,,,so maybe this time the look was more of that he couldn't believe Teyla had the guts to try and stand in his way...*lol* well the woman is strong,,and I think she got to know someway that she would be able to ground him,,, it's not like this was the first time he has lost to her,,,*lol* uhm not that he seems to mind much loosing to her in their stick fights *lol* but then again he likes it to much when he sticks fight with her and where that might lead him to... up close and personal with her
                        sigpic
                        Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Teyla has had the most consistant characterization so far IMO. She is really a very important member of the team. When some call her useless and that she has no personality I find it difficult to believe that we are watching the same show. But no matter how much screentime and how wonderful she is the insults will still fly because some have their own agenda to continue hating her no matter how great she is.

I liked how confident Teyla was in..
                          Spoiler:
                          Irresponsible. She did not back down an inch when she stood up to John - but in LFP she was more hesitant about telling John what to do. She has earned the respect of John and the right to challange him when he is not acting as rationally as he should. If Teyla had not been present - how would things have turned out. Again to all those who call her useless she once again saved John and the team from potential danger.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the green Nina.

I should really get off to bed as I'm working all weekend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Night Blue ,,take care...

And I agree...Teyla is the most useful of the females on the show... she's on his team for heaven's sake,,, how can that strong minded woman, who also is a powerful warrior be useless... *shakes head*
                              John has earned her respect and trust,,,but she has also earned his and his trust...the guy trusted her from the minute they met basically... she seems to be the only one to be able to truly handle him, get through to him, reach him in his darkest times,, she is strong minded, powerful, beautiful, doesn't panic in every crises that comes their way,,, just his kind of a woman,,,I think John is the kind of a man that wants a strong woman,,that can take care of herself and who doesn't panic everytime he is in a slight danger,,who knows who he is,,,and understand the kind of a responsibility that he has as a soldier,,, in basic terms,,a woman that is his equal...namely Teyla Emmagen and no one else
                              sigpic
                              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                                Night Blue ,,take care...

And I agree...Teyla is the most useful of the females on the show... she's on his team for heaven's sake,,, how can that strong minded woman, who also is a powerful warrior be useless... *shakes head*
                                John has earned her respect and trust,,,but she has also earned his and his trust...the guy trusted her from the minute they met basically... she seems to be the only one to be able to truly handle him, get through to him, reach him in his darkest times,, she is strong minded, powerful, beautiful, doesn't panic in every crises that comes their way,,, just his kind of a woman,,,I think John is the kind of a man that wants a strong woman,,that can take care of herself and who doesn't panic everytime he is in a slight danger,,who knows who he is,,,and understand the kind of a responsibility that he has as a soldier,,, in basic terms,,a woman that is his equal...namely Teyla Emmagen and no one else
                                Very nicely put.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X