No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear all these spoilers about what suppose to happen in the second half, and ill tell u what...it just makes the five months even more harder to bare...I can't wait anymore..i want to c the episodes now!!!

I kind of whin alot when i have to wait for something i want to see!!! lol

Have a good day!!!
    keep on posting

Comment

Originally posted by Jodi518 View Post
      I hear all these spoilers about what suppose to happen in the second half, and ill tell u what...it just makes the five months even more harder to bare...I can't wait anymore..i want to c the episodes now!!!

I kind of whin alot when i have to wait for something i want to see!!! lol

Have a good day!!!
      keep on posting
      you and me both...

I swear SGA-Shep/Teyla withdrawal is not pretty....

I've transferred my obsession for the moment to anime, but that is slowly sending me broke...as AG will atest to...

but seriously after all those spoiler/rumours I'm not sure what's going to happen which makes me more nervous, and confused.

R.I.P Wraithlord
      Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
        Okay, Joe said that

Spoiler:
        "something" is going to happen in the second half of the season.... and it was in reference to the ship question in which he replied about the two female characters....and its a bit unclear to me how my friend wrote it, but he either said it would be interesting, nice or great!

He also mentioned that the higher ups use testing audiences...and that either the testing audience don't know what they want or the higher ups are not understanding what they want...in addition he said that these higher ups were not good at making decisions...uh...don't quote me on this...but also he mentioned that there is the understanding that the audience or fans want to see the characters wanting each other...and that's what we are seeing now, btw!

so, I'm assuming and putting two things together...

there's been lots of talks about the actors saying something big is going to happen and it will have the internet on fire...or something like that...so, could it be that John finally admits his feelings..I don't know...I'm only guessing....

I don't think it's going to be huge, I think it's going to be subtle and again open...how many times did we not see Jack and Sam admit or clearly show their feelings, and yet it went no where..so, I think this is just another way of the writers giving us a bit more....but not taking the plunge and leaving this to be able to change if needed to...but that's why I"m saying that the writers and the actors want this...but there are others holding them back!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

something else he said, that I'd like to bring here..is that I guess mentioned that Ronon was giving John the run for his money for Teyla...or something along those lines and ...and he said never... there will never be quarreling or rivalry between them...because friends don't let woman get in the middle...

I'd like to add that John clearly pointed out in Duet where Ronon and John stood as far as Teyla..and there was no friendship there yet! LOL

so, take that as you wish!

hope this clarifies things...but you guys can go and verify with the others who went if you like...

Thanks Camy!!!! That is indeed very promising!!! I can't believe I haven't read these comments in other reports! But this is the first report I've seen from a J/T shipper too. I just emailed the only other J/T shipper I know that went to get her comments as well.
        THANK YOU so much for getting these comments from your friend and posting them!!! Very exciting! I do think the big surprise will still be related to the city and not anything with the characters, so I would guess anything that happens in regards to J/T would be subtle and hopefully in line with some of the rumors we've heard for the second half of the season! I don't dare expect too much, but it's still very exciting!
        Thanks!!!!!!
        Steph

Oh, and I saw in the galleria thread that Trippy's birthday is actually tomorrow! LOL! So happy birthday a little early, Trippy!!!!
        Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes & PM's. It means a lot to me.

Camy left me a little pic fic at my fandom LJ HERE for everyone who's not see it. Hee. Warning though- it's not dial-up friendly. Oh, and there are manips- not naughty, but I'll call them PG-13.

As far as these con spoilers go...
          Spoiler:
          I'm still waiting for Sunday and The Ark. I think those episodes might be significant for moving this relationship along. Having seen the sides for these, I'm more than a little curious about what, if anything, develops from these two.

I'm not surprised to learn that they're using test audiences. That explains some of the stalling. I seriously hope that if TPTB are curious as to what the fans want to see that they're checking out these relationship threads.
          Last edited by majortrip; 08 November 2006, 02:22 PM.
          Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
            i was just thinking woudn't it be great if we could just have 1 episode with teyla and shepard stranded on a planet or in the puddle jumper as we could with no communiacation or anything then they would have to rely on each other im just saying if they did then we would all have a field day posting and probably attract alot more jt fans and i could defnatley do some wallpapers with an episode like that i guess 1 can only dream anyway what do you guys think let me knowoh and happy birthday trippy

Do you think we'd be alive the next day?...cause i know I'd faint from squeeing, or die from happiness....

I think an episode like that would do wonders for both their characters though. We'd get to see Teyla surviving by her wits, on a stranded planet, or even surviving John if they were in the puddle jumper since we know from 38 mins that it's a bit cramped.

R.I.P Wraithlord
            Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip View Post
              As far as these con spoilers go...
              Spoiler:
              I'm still waiting for Sunday and The Ark. I think those episodes might be significant for moving this relationship along. Having seen the sides for these, I'm more than a little curious about what, if anything, develops from these two.

I'm not surprised to learn that they're using test audiences. That explains some of the stalling. I seriously hope that if TPTB are curious as to what the fans want to see that they're checking out these relationship threads.
              I find it really odd that TPTB go to the trouble of using test audiences. How does that work - they drag in a random bunch of people and ask them if they prefer Shep/Weir or Shep/Teyla - or just ask them if they like a particular scene that is shippy between John and Teyla, and if they no then do they scrap it?.

Its all sounds bizarre to me - at the end of the day the majority of viewers are not really interested in Ship anyway, so even if a few prefer one ship over the other I can't see this effecting ratings if thats what they are worried about.
              sigpic

Comment

something else he said, that I'd like to bring here..is that I guess mentioned that Ronon was giving John the run for his money for Teyla...or something along those lines and ...and he said never... there will never be quarreling or rivalry between them...because friends don't let woman get in the middle...
                Expanding on this...

In the latest Stargate Official Magazine, there's an interview with Jason in which he says:

"...he [Sheppard] and Teyla are the only ones I can trust. I go to Teyla for everything because Sheppard isn't big on the emotional things. If I had a problem, I would go to Teyla since we are both aliens. She's like my sister. Shep is like my best friend through the whole thing. Weir is just my boss...Rodney is the brains and I'm the brawn and it will always be like that between us."
                Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                  I find it really odd that TPTB go to the trouble of using test audiences. How does that work - they drag in a random bunch of people and ask them if they prefer Shep/Weir or Shep/Teyla - or just ask them if they like a particular scene that is shippy between John and Teyla, and if they no then do they scrap it?.

Its all sounds bizarre to me - at the end of the day the majority of viewers are not really interested in Ship anyway, so even if a few prefer one ship over the other I can't see this effecting ratings if thats what they are worried about.
                  I don't think they're asking WHO they prefer, just if they like the shippy stuff. When I said it made sense, I meant if that's the case, then it made sense that the J/T stuff is below the surface and not blatant. I'll probably catch flack for this, but if it was a question of WHO, then there'd be more scenes like the Sateda "I'd do anything, for any one of you" scenes between Sheppard and Weir, but there aren't. *patiently awaits flogging in the corner*

Is it November 20 yet?
                  Sig by Camy

Comment

Expanding on this...

In the latest Stargate Official Magazine, there's an interview with Jason in which he says:

"...he [Sheppard] and Teyla are the only ones I can trust. I go to Teyla for everything because Sheppard isn't big on the emotional things. If I had a problem, I would go to Teyla since we are both aliens. She's like my sister. Shep is like my best friend through the whole thing. Weir is just my boss...Rodney is the brains and I'm the brawn and it will always be like that between us."
                    Oh, I love how Jason describes what kind of relationship Ronan has with each of them. He considers Shep his best friend - sweet - and Teyla his sister!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Expanding on this...

See I can see that, it's a tight network they have. they're not all running to each other, there's a specific person that they solely depend on. And i think it's the same with Teyla, she trust, both Shep and Ronon but in completely different ways. Just like Jason said Teyla's more like a sister, you can see that, but with Sheppard, it's a bit more than the simple sisterly interactions. With emotions, she's more guarded with sheppard, while as we saw in 'trinity' she let Ronon have it. but with Sheppard she's a bit more diplomatic....i guess i would say.

Originally posted by majortrip
                      I don't think they're asking WHO they prefer, just if they like the shippy stuff. When I said it made sense, I meant if that's the case, then it made sense that the J/T stuff is below the surface and not blatant. I'll probably catch flack for this, but if it was a question of WHO, then there'd be more scenes like the Sateda "I'd do anything, for any one of you" scenes between Sheppard and Weir, but there aren't. *patiently awaits flogging in the corner*

Is it November 20 yet?
                      I won't be flogging you cause i see what you mean, being in the position that they are in, you'd think there'd be more scenes with Shep and Weir with them going through the whole, understanding thing. (but that can be construed as either relationship or friendship)....you know the whole eye of the beholder....

Though that whole test audience thing is still weird IMO....

R.I.P Wraithlord
                      Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007 View Post
                        I won't be flogging you cause i see what you mean, being in the position that they are in, you'd think there'd be more scenes with Shep and Weir with them going through the whole, understanding thing. (but that can be construed as either relationship or friendship)....you know the whole eye of the beholder....
                        Well, that's what I mean. I have some friends who are non-shippers who say that scene in Sateda is their favorite Sheppard scene ever. Keeping it below the surface, so we (the audience- shipper or not) know that these two trust each other implicitly because of what they say to each other, but no one is being sappy. Oh, and maybe they care for one another, too.

However, I think they can string people along for only so long (the people who want something to develop) before they change the channel.
                        Sig by Camy

Comment

Is it November 20 yet?

I think TPTB have already been testing the audiences during season three anyway. Sheppard has really been opening up to Teyla - and there has been much more emotional and intimate scenes between them, while on the other hand Shep and Liz and been a bit more distant and their interactions have been very professional. Viewers seem to be very happy with the Teyla/John interaction -
                          Spoiler:
                          Sateda/Phantoms and the Return and this seems to be non shippers as well.
                          John and Teyla have been getting great scenes together and they have been very well received by audiences. I am glad that TPTB have been slowly bringing John and Teyla together so its not just thrust in your face unexpectantly.

I think if the writers continue on the path they are on - John and Teyla will be received very well and if the writers do take the next step of having either or both of them reveal their feelings it will just seem like a natural transition.

I am not really taking any of these spoilers on board though and am not going to speculate as to what may happen between them. I am just hoping that the writers continue on the path they are on, and continue to give us lovely emotional and intimate moments between J/T even if their relationship continues to be just below the surface - Obviously IF they do give us any more I will be squeeeeeing right along with the rest of you.
                          sigpic

Comment

OY! I"m afraid to look!

Okay...guys! Let's see if I can mess this up even more! I'm really good at that!

LOL

Okay...when Joe mentioned the comment about something happening...he was rambling or chatting about many things...he didn't mention if it was in relation to even Sheppard and Teyla or Teyla and anyone and Sheppard and anyone...so this could be many possible character pairings....PHEW! did I explain that correctly!

Next, the test audience....It was not clear to my sources who the party responsible for doing the test audience is...he didn't clarify if it came from the writers, directors, producers, whomever!

Phew...so we don't know..and frankly, he didn't even say if it was in relation to the ship or if it was just to get a feel for the episodes...

BASICALLY! SCRATCH OUT EVERYTHING I WROTE ABOVE!

let's wait for someone to post a video on the web and then we can all make our own assumptions...the last thing I want is for my words to be interpreted it the way I want them to be...LOL

so, how's everyone!?

I"m just peachy! THANKS!

I"m really scared to see what you guys wrote in relation to my comment..

but, I still have a good suspicions..call it a CAMY HUNCH! that the something will be Shep/Teyla...okay, so I"m crossing my fingers..and then add to that that I read from the other cons that he pretty much dismissed Shep/Weir and so, I and only I...make the conclusion as to what I think this could mean...so please guys, don't spread this around...blame it on my boredom this morning!
                            sigpic

Comment

BASICALLY! SCRATCH OUT EVERYTHING I WROTE ABOVE!
                              so i broke out in hives for nothing?.....

Question: what exactly do we do during 'catch up' week?

R.I.P Wraithlord
                              Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007 View Post
                                so i broke out in hives for nothing?.....

Question: what exactly do we do during 'catch up' week?
                                Oh, Witchy....see...I do this all the time....will it help if I tell you that my spidey senses tell me it will be something about JT even if it's really something small...?

hugs!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X