John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, everyone....

Well, Mommy is here...RL is getting tougher by the minute...

But Twin Sis, Trippy gave me a heads up...*smooch*

She's evil isn't she? I"m the good one....

Anwho...

One thing I read from Trippy's report is the fact that
    Spoiler:
    Teyla at some point, I think while in his bedroom, tells him that she is sure that they will meet again....now, I don't know about you, but that alone gives me goosebumps....I mean think about it, for her to say that, number one...Teyla is not one to fool around or to say things she doesn't mean. I just wrote in the Teyla thread yesterday how she is very wise and straight forward. She doesn't say a lot, but when Teyla speaks, people listen the problem is they don't always take her advice, but they do listen. And this is no different...Now I have two theories on this, but I really should wait to see her face when she says this, but basically, either she knows that John will not be able to live without seeing her again, or she has seen the future and knows what you guys and I know...they are going to end up together...she probably has a hidden prophecy message or something that she knows....wait a minute, where is Ritter...Doesn't Inner Demons have something like this..or didn't I read a fic somewhere that speaks of Teyla and a prophecy...Yup....this is all good people, all good....

My sources also tell me that John is mopey throughout the episode...the other thing that should be pointed out or perhaps I might need clarification, since the beginning starts that Rodney was successfully able to get the stargate connection thingy, then in reality they are not able to get back to Atlantis but they are still capable of reaching the Pegasus Galaxy. So their goodbye, how I see it was a temporary goodbye because John and the others do still have access to the Pegasus Galaxy, thus they easily get back to it in a puddle jumper...right? so, I know Teyla also knew that it wasn't like they weren't ever going to be able to see each other again, cause they still had other means to get back to the Pegasus Galaxy.

Finally, yes, I"m almost done...John asks them to come to Earth with him..now, did we expect Teyla to say, Yes...? I hope not...If we know Teyla well, and I like to think I do....she is there for her people..and besides what is she going to go to Earth for? John hasn't declared anything, so she's going to go for what? the same with Ronon..next, Teyla isn't going to ask John to stay for the same reason, there is no declaration of love there..and she knows John is an important leader and probably sees him as having loved ones back home an a responsibility with his people just like she does...so, although I've read many fics about this, it is within their character to do just what they did....so, I don't see it as something majorly missing....it was expected and for me within their characters.

and Ronon being around Teyla, you can't deny that there is the closeness between those two and Ronon has no place to go and no family besides Teyla...and I've always said that he stuck in Atlantis because he found a connection with Teyla something common that binds them. And of coarse, that's his sister and he would want to protect and watch over her although he knows she needs no protection. So, the fact that Ronon is there is also expected for me. He's always there with her..He's like her personal first officer or bodyguard...too cute! I think John knowing that Ronon was still around with Teyla is sort of a comfort for him.

Oh, I just know I"m going to be squeeing throughout the entire episode....Thanks Sis...

isn't she the best!
    sigpic

Comment

trippy, I resisited the urge to click the link...for about 2 second. 3 tops.
      I love you! The recap is awesome...
      Spoiler:
      Though, frustrating... it totally sucks to have our Atlantis team leave, even its for a short while. And after I read 'some time has passed and Sheppard has his own SG team' it's like aww, I miss the old team already. The 6 month hiatus will be killer

http://www.savestargatesg1.com/
      Spoiler:
      SCI-FI....
      I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing

Comment

Camy, what you said about the episode was totally all I was thinking too. And you brought out some good points, especially about Ronon. I totally agree with you there. Ronon and Teyla have an interesting relationship that doesn't have to interfere with her and John's.

Originally posted by stargazr

On the awful six month hiatus: Does SciFi want to lose more fans of the shows. I have a hard time remembering what I ate for breakfast yesterday let alone six months ago.
        I know what you mean! But we have endured the six month hiatus for quite awhile now...but I always hope that it will change with every new season that comes around. Unfortunately it doens't always happen. Fanfiction usually tides me over. God bless Facfiction.

http://www.savestargatesg1.com/
        Spoiler:
        SCI-FI....
        I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing

Comment

in an interview i read by rachel luttrell she revealed that teyla confides in ronan and tells him that she didnt get to tell him how she feels about him does that mean its in the return and is john she is talking about i ca'nt remember where i read he interview from but i know it wasn't that long ago i read it
          Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH
            in an interview i read by rachel luttrell she revealed that teyla confides in ronan and tells him that she didnt get to tell him how she feels about him does that mean its in the return and is john she is talking about i ca'nt remember where i read he interview from but i know it wasn't that long ago i read it
            Spoiler:

There's nothing like that in this episode.

I remember that interview, but I remember that Rachel was very vague about who she was talking to and who she was talking about.

I have a feeling some scenes from both parts of this episode were filmed at the same time. For example, at New Atlantis, they have three pictures from "The Return, Part 1"; I don't recognize two of those three pictures from this episode.
            Sig by Camy

Comment

*runs over to Trippy*

Sunshine!

*smooch*

Well, wouldn't that be an extremely awesome idea, DB...I don't remember reading anything that detailed but I do remember reading what Trippy wrote....

in any case, yeah, Drewsy..I gave that one a lot of thought..and I haven't even seen the episode yet...LOL

Wait till that airs.....There will be more! lOl
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip
                You know, I tried but it's not working. It DL's to a player I got off Amazon, and my usual method of capping isn't working on this player. Sorry.
                somone over at another thread that watched the episode capped parts of it and said that "Open in Windows Media Player and press CTRL+I and that should let it screenshot."

Not sure if u tryed that way before.
                part of:
                Unique Bond fansite Graphics Com ShepMagan Icons

wanna sig? pm me and ill make u one

Comment

Originally posted by Sheylafan87
                  somone over at another thread that watched the episode capped parts of it and said that "Open in Windows Media Player and press CTRL+I and that should let it screenshot."

Not sure if u tryed that way before.
                  That's the way I usually do it, but it's not working, even when I disable the
                  video acceleration. I usually cap off DVD's though, and not wmv files.
                  Sig by Camy

Comment

have u tryed fraps.com, they havesomething there on screencapping?
                    part of:
                    Unique Bond fansite Graphics Com ShepMagan Icons

wanna sig? pm me and ill make u one

Comment

Originally posted by Sheylafan87
                      have u tryed fraps.com, they havesomething there on screencapping?
                      Yeah, I saw that link, and another one Witch gave me. I'm trying to load it now, but it's taking some time for some reason (probably because I have too much on my computer).
                      Sig by Camy

Comment

I can never cap off WMP, just leaves me with a black screen. I use PowerDVD.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                          I can never cap off WMP, just leaves me with a black screen. I use PowerDVD.
                          LOL, I have to pay for that though, which is something my husband has forbidden me to do for now. Darn expired trial periods!
                          Sig by Camy

Comment

LOL, I have to pay for that though, which is something my husband has forbidden me to do for now. Darn expired trial periods!
                            Hehehe. Guess I was lucky then, it came already installed on my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewzy
                              Camy, what you said about the episode was totally all I was thinking too. And you brought out some good points, especially about Ronon. I totally agree with you there. Ronon and Teyla have an interesting relationship that doesn't have to interfere with her and John's.
                              Agree! I love that they stay together, although it's purely logical.
                              Trippy can probably clarify this for us if she's so inclined, , but my understanding for Return 1 is

Spoiler:
                              one, that it is logical for Ronon to stay in the Pegasus galaxy as his sole motivation is fighting the wraith. Everything he does is governed by his deep hatred for them. Second, if I understood correctly, after about 6 weeks of being with the Athosians, Ronon is itching for a fight. Teyla reminds him her people are farmers and he suggests perhaps his place isn't with them.
                              Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH

It was just a very vague rumor

Spoiler:
                                that Teyla would confide in someone about her feelings. It came out in late spring/early summer before season three started, right about the time the rumor of John confessing his feelings, but their only being known to the audience, came out. We have no way of knowing who these confessions are about or if they are even true! Although, if I remember correctly, the Teyla rumor was from an actual interview whereas the second one magically appeared one day without ever having a verifiable source. I could be completely wrong on that though, it's been a while! So if anyone knows or remembers, please feel free to correct me!
                                Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X