No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots and lots of UST from The Hot Zone lets hope they get their act together and not do a Sam and Jack thing.

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

i agree! well, in any case if they go the ship route anywhere on atlantis, i hope they don't pull a sam/jack and drag it out over 8 years with gaps of no shippiness and then sudden bursts of overloaded shippiness!!

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
        i agree! well, in any case if they go the ship route anywhere on atlantis, i hope they don't pull a sam/jack and drag it out over 8 years with gaps of no shippiness and then sudden bursts of overloaded shippiness!!
        Yea. That had to make a diabetic out of a few people...

I just think that they shouldn't have intoduced the whole S/J thing if they were just going to tourture us. The show would be great without it, but once they added it, everyone expected it.

Same with the Sheyla ship. We would have looked for it, sure, but the one thing stands. These people are wonderful actors. Any shippiness is either written in by TPTB or at least approved by them. There's no 'OMG, she's so hot, I can't help myself...' They are profesionals.

So, the whole shippy thing could go, and the show would survive, but, I like it there. It does add a whole new dynamic, but, it could have been thrown in later on, like season 2, 3, 4 or even later.

Also, this post had to be made. This poor thread was at the bottom of page two...

Comment

bottom of pg 2... oh no.. *that wasnt good.*

yea that would be sad to pull an S/J.. i mean 8 yrs is a long time.

but i can see them slowly starting to build friendship, and move to romance if thats where it leads
          sigpic

Comment

yeah... i agree sure, i don't want them together by the end of season 2... but i think they're slowly building a close friendship and if they decide to make shippiness on the show, i could certainly see it happening realistically around season 4 or so... maybe 3... but not earlier... close friends who care about each other dearly?? absolutely! lovers? eh... not so much... save that for later... just not season 8

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
              bottom of pg 2... oh no.. *that wasnt good.*

yea that would be sad to pull an S/J.. i mean 8 yrs is a long time.

but i can see them slowly starting to build friendship, and move to romance if thats where it leads
              Love instead of lust... goodie!

Yea. I didn't much like the chain yanking of the last 8 seasons of SG-1. In fact, I don't watch it nearly as religiously as I used to, and that's part of the reason why. They just keep changing the game, and if these two loved each other as much as they are supposed to, then one would quit in a heartbeat.

After all, they have so much time on SG-1, there is no way to just drop them.

Well, I didn't think so until I heard about season 9. So, that blows that theroy.

Comment

nor did i... i mean morbious
                Spoiler:
                au sam/jack get together, more like they lust then say to hell with it and make out.
                TPTB are too busy pulling our chains or so it seems like. course the lil flirting between john-n-teyla is good too
                sigpic

Comment

i love the subtle flirtiness but then i also love the eps like LFP where you really get to see them both challenge each other and come out with a deeper understanding of each other and also you see in their eyes and the looks they exhange in the end (when they're telling weir about the wraith) that they both went through and watched this horrible thing together and they know no one else could even possibly understand what they've been through unless they saw it for themselves (and you can tell they don't want anyone they know to have to witness that!)... and i think that brought them closer together... especially the fact that at the end shep finally decides to let anyone who can fit onto the PJ and it's interesting how their viewpoints change over the episode...

but then the flirtiness like in the beginning of hot zone and some interesting exchanges in siege 1... i STILL wanna know what those glances were for when shep and ford are asking teyla about bates... it's gonna nag at me until they explain that

Comment

yea so much can be said in a glance or two
                    and this thread is hidin on page two... near the bottom of the page too
                    sigpic

Comment

I feel almost wierd jumping into a thread this long right now, but I'm going to anyway.

I love the idea of Sheppard/Teyla hooking up and think the writers "could" do alot with the idea.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oooh, a new Shepmagan! Welcome!

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

welcome!! we love new members signing up don't mind jumping in!!

and yeah, CKO... little glances can say so much, especially if you look at their eyes... RL and JF are really great with their eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
                            Love instead of lust...
                            It's about time someone sees that there's a difference. I have a feeling, though, that you're only starting to see it. I'd suggest that you think on it.
                            This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

I agree. The glances between John and Teyla are enough to melt the screen. Plus, they're always sitting next to each other or standing near each other. I can't wait until season 2!

Comment

Originally posted by NoDot
                                It's about time someone sees that there's a difference. I have a feeling, though, that you're only starting to see it. I'd suggest that you think on it.
                                ok, i already warned you earlier in this thread about being kind to the other posters and to stop making any kinda of rude remarks... and i can't find anything nice about this post it's intentionally jabbing at someone else (no one ever said they didn't think this before and who ever said there WASN'T a difference?? you're essentially calling her stupid and saying that you're somehow better than she is... we don't go for that here), and if this happens one more time in this thread, i will make a point to tell the mods, since i KNOW i'm not the only person in here who finds your posts offensive...

you have been warned. there's a great thing called self-restraint and i suggest you use it next time you want to post something condescending. if you don't, the mods will be informed that we are frustrated by your rude comments distrurbing the peace in our fun, friendly thread.

thank you

I agree. The glances between John and Teyla are enough to melt the screen. Plus, they're always sitting next to each other or standing near each other. I can't wait until season 2!
                                OMG!!! i totally agree!! i've said before and i'll say again: those two can look into each other's eyes like NOBODY'S business!! whether it's longingly, compassionately, supportively, or whatever else... JF and RL do a fabulous job portraying those looks, no matter how long or short!!

even my sister, who's cableless and has only seen 3 episodes thinks the same thing!!! and she loves sheyla!! how's THAT for a shepmagan

Comment

Working...
                                X