John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoveConquers
    Hey Nina, I'm not worried at all. Of course this type of ep is going to be focused on their friendship and even deepen that bond. And we also know one of the goals for season three was to focus more on the characters and the character relationships. They've already shown more friendship between Elizabeth and Teyla and Rodney and Elizabeth and Ronon/the team, etc. His comment is to be expected.
    The difference of course comes into how people interpret that friendship. We see friendship where others see romance, for J/W or for any ship. His response is the typical teasing vagueness we always get on any ship question. I'm assuming his answer is in response to J/W ship-based question.
    For me, I'm anticipating an episode like Eye/Storm where Elizabeth was the one in danger and was therefore the focus of John's energy. In this upcoming ep, it will again be Elizabeth in danger of a different sort and I'm sure we'll see scenes of him telling her to hang on, not give up, fight, etc and work hard to find a cure or whatever. He would do the same for anyone though. We saw him do the same for Ronon just two weeks ago. But I'm confident he's not in love with Ronon either.
    This is pretty much how I feel. John has already stated that he cares about his team and Elizabeth, so it will be natural that he expresses concern and gives emotional support to her at this time.

We saw how far he went for Ronan and I wouldn't expect him to do any less for Weir. John cares for all of them but I think that he has a special place in his heart for Teyla.
    sigpic

Comment

Shepherd is my favorite character beneath Rodney in SGA, and with that I beleive that the chemistry between him and Teyla were greatly improve over the next two seasons.
      Teyla has to do a lot more for it to work out, she's been boring through out season 2 and what we've seen in season 3 - although the tension between both of them on board the Deadalus in 'Sateda' was quite something, lol
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I didn’t record progeny so I can’t confirm for myself but…

Spoiler:
        While the Asurans were probing the team’s minds for information each member experienced certain scenarios (such as John staying behind to press the self destruct button)--were these situations fabricated by the Asurans during their probing process or were they the teams very own dreams?
        I believed they were created by the Asurans but I think I may be wrong.

I’d really appreciate an answer--anybody…Thanx

Comment

Great chapter Ritter enjoying it so far keep those chapters comming.

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady
            I love the whole age discussion we've got going on, lol. Honestly I can't believe JF is gonna be 40 soon....he always looked to me much much younger. Not that 40 is really that old, just...he seems younger, however it makes more sense, what with his rank and all.
            Yeah, Joe's closing in on 40. I work with a lot of guys that age, and he does look about 35-40. Torri, FYI (despite the people who say derogatory things about her looking old enough to be everyone's mother.. I think it's jealousy, personally!) is about 36. That's based on how old she was when she went to London to study acting, and which year she graduated. She was in the same class as Ewan McGregor.

As for Rachel, I know lots of people want her to be 21-25 as it says in Teyla's bio, but she's not. You just have to look at her body of work to see that. I've discovered this info on the boards on IMDb:

If my memory serves, she was in grade 12 when I was in grade 13... That would make her 34 or 35 by my reckoning.

As you may have gathered, we went to school together...

I have a small section about her on my website

Kristine

Go see for yourselves. This person has a lot of info about Rachel and what she did at school: the musicals, school plays etc. Lots of interesting stuff. You just have to sift through the obsessives in there to find the good info.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers
              Hey Nina, I'm not worried at all. Of course this type of ep is going to be focused on their friendship and even deepen that bond. And we also know one of the goals for season three was to focus more on the characters and the character relationships. They've already shown more friendship between Elizabeth and Teyla and Rodney and Elizabeth and Ronon/the team, etc. His comment is to be expected.
              The difference of course comes into how people interpret that friendship. We see friendship where others see romance, for J/W or for any ship. His response is the typical teasing vagueness we always get on any ship question. I'm assuming his answer is in response to J/W ship-based question.
              For me, I'm anticipating an episode like Eye/Storm where Elizabeth was the one in danger and was therefore the focus of John's energy. In this upcoming ep, it will again be Elizabeth in danger of a different sort and I'm sure we'll see scenes of him telling her to hang on, not give up, fight, etc and work hard to find a cure or whatever. He would do the same for anyone though. We saw him do the same for Ronon just two weeks ago. But I'm confident he's not in love with Ronon either.
              Thanks so much Steph for the reassurance! I hope your right!
              Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                Yeah, Joe's closing in on 40. I work with a lot of guys that age, and he does look about 35-40. Torri, FYI (despite the people who say derogatory things about her looking old enough to be everyone's mother.. I think it's jealousy, personally!) is about 36. That's based on how old she was when she went to London to study acting, and which year she graduated. She was in the same class as Ewan McGregor.

As for Rachel, I know lots of people want her to be 21-25 as it says in Teyla's bio, but she's not. You just have to look at her body of work to see that. I've discovered this info on the boards on IMDb:

If my memory serves, she was in grade 12 when I was in grade 13... That would make her 34 or 35 by my reckoning.

As you may have gathered, we went to school together...

I have a small section about her on my website

Kristine

Go see for yourselves. This person has a lot of info about Rachel and what she did at school: the musicals, school plays etc. Lots of interesting stuff. You just have to sift through the obsessives in there to find the good info.

Hmm... interesting...

Woah....EWAN MCGREGOR????????????????????? Sorry.... I couldn't contain myself... I just LOVE HIM!!!!!!!! *swoons*

And you went to the same school as Rachel? Thats awesome!
                Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Hey, I finally managed to find the time to write my new chapter of Shattered Promises. For those who tend to get upset easily, bring some tissues. Anyway, I hope you like it.

LINK: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3093714/3/

(You can use this image, but please, if you use the poem, I wrote it, so please leave a copywrite on it. Thanks!)

Comment

Hi Everyone...

Black Panther..Have I told you how much I love your Shippy Moments...I can't live without them...LOL

Lots of Newbies..Here..don't have my wallpapers handy to officially Welcome All of YOU! But, WELCOME

Ritter, Angel, I'm off to read fics..very soon....

Not too many shippy moments in Progeny..but I love how Teyla stood by John and he looked out for her...and all of them as usual....

Let's see what TRW brings...
                    sigpic

Comment

really great fics!!!

Love them all!!!

Keep them coming...

Comment

Originally posted by spiff
                        anyways with the whole age thing agian, it is indeed a worthy topic but my original post was one. to bring up the topic of ages(sheppard,teyla,and old lady weir) to see if anyone had any idea of how old they may be. Secondly I'm just pointing out that Weir is somewhat annoying with the way she talks and she looks like a ****ing skeleton in a few episodes for s2. It's just me pointing out the pros in the sheppard/teyla relationship and pretty much just me putting myself in his shoes because I'm fairly new to this topic in the gw forums and just trying to see where I stand. And hopefully the writers would do the same if they choose to do a whole shippy thing on the show. Personally I don't care, whatevers left out or unclear in the show stargate fanfic stories will take care of.
                        Since you say you're new to the forum, I would suggest:

1) Checking out the FAQ's about posting, what is allowed, and what isn't.

2) This is a pro- Sheppard/Teyla thread. I don't see what your opinions about Dr. Weir's appearance have to do with this topic. If it's not on topic, perhaps you should find a more suitable place for your opinions.

3) We've been down this road before, with the age thing. I personally don't see that it matters, but I'm sure no one in this thread would care care to relive the pain of misunderstandings we've had in the past due to poorly worded statements. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here. Let's refrain from making derogatory statements about anyone.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but this thread is a postive place, and I'd like to keep it that way.
                        Sig by Camy

Comment

Quick Run-Thru!
                          Hellllooooooooo all my favorite Sheyla friends!!!

http://www.savestargatesg1.com/
                          Spoiler:
                          SCI-FI....
                          I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing

Comment

Hi Drewzy...Long time no see....Welcome back...loving the sig....

All HAIL to Wise Aunt Trippy...Thanks for clarifying things for the newbies...We are a friendly thread here..and we stick to the topic....anything and everything of John and Teyla....we just love them together....nothing more, nothing less.......
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi Camy! Good to see you again!

It's been awhile...it's cool to see that the JT ship has grown quite abit. After watching that 'scene' on Sateda...I couldn't help but think how the Gateworld forum could have a field day with that one.

And Trip...nice way to lay down the friendly rules. So true...we are here for just John/Teyla fun nothing more then that.
                              I adore Weir...wouldn't want anyone to say anything mean about her.

http://www.savestargatesg1.com/
                              Spoiler:
                              SCI-FI....
                              I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing

Comment

Uhum...clears throat.....I do love that scene in Sateda....
                                Spoiler:
                                Finally some recognition and realization that these two are just attracted to each other and finally are coming out in the open to say it.even if it's subtle...
                                ..I was just very surprised that it was John who first came out to say it...um..wait, Maybe I always thought it was John...who would come out and say it...or show some sort of feelings first...Now, that I think about it, when it comes to this relationship..John is always the one to first make the move..he did it in the entire episode of Rising, their first meeting, the cave scene, the rescue, then finally Teyla approached him with her head thingy...LOVED THAT SCENE!

and then of coarse, the Kiss and now the Confession...AH!

What is next?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X