John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluealien
    Have a lot of people complained about too many pictures?.
    Yes and most of them are members of this thread
    Is the problem just to do with slow loading because of pictures. I'm sure everyone still wants to see the pictures so won't they have the same problem in a separate wow thread if they are on dial up.
    Some of it is slow loading...and while the dial-ups don't mind it some when you have a page that 20-50 posts with each post having 2-5 pictures in it...then we have a problem.

I think there will still be a need to post pictures here particulary when the show starts again. Its nice to discuss a caption or a particular picture, so will they not be allowed in this thread anymore. I do enjoy a good discussion but I also like to look at the pictures and as I get plenty to look at in the Shep thunk thread and the Teyla appreciation thread. I don't know whether I want to go to another thread to look at John/Teyla pictures.
    In every single one of the Moderator Posts we have stated that sporadic picture posting OR pictures that are used to help show a point or a moment are more than fine here.

Pictures have NOT been banned from this thread.
    Maybe some feel that by taking out the pictures and the banners etc it will leave more room for discussion . I think the discussion aspect on this thread will probably pick up a lot once the show starts again. It does seem that a lot of posts are just either pictures or banners or some form of artwork.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to make banners or contribute any artwork so I guess I would just be commenting on the pictures if we have another thresd. I do still feel that it would be nice to have it all under one roof. A mix of pictures, sigs, banners and discussion.
    Well in a perfect world it would be all of this .. But we are getting numerous complaints regarding the amount of pictures and artwork be posted in here and this is a great solution. It STILL ALLOWS pictures relevent to the discussion to be posted here and other pictures just to celebrate the *Ship* to be shared and posted in the other thread
    and it allows the people on dial-up the *option* of opening that thread and waiting while still being able to be part of this discussion here

Did I answer most of your concerns if not please PM me and I will try again
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I LOVE THIS SCENE..which one of you said there was no shippy moments in the SIEGE..? here's proof numero uno!

INFIRMARY. Teyla is sitting on a bed, with Carson standing on one side of the bed and John on the other. Teyla speaks to John.

TEYLA: I am fine.

SHEPPARD: I'm looking for something a little more enthusiastic than 'fine'.

TEYLA: I am ready to be put back on active duty.

SHEPPARD: I'm sure you think so but, uh ...

TEYLA (turning to Carson): Tell him I am fine.

BECKETT: She is, Major. I see no further reason she should be kept here under medical supervision.

(Teyla looks at John again.)

SHEPPARD: Alright. You're back on active duty. (He walks away. Carson pats Teyla on the back as she sighs in relief.)
      That is concern..that is soooooooooooooo shippy! I love this look...

Where's ANNIE!? I need pics of this scene! AH!
      sigpic

Comment

Um..sorry, Tame..didn't see your post...didn't mean to interrupt!

Thanks again for the clarification!
        sigpic

Comment

I have just rewatched this episode and it has to be one of my favourite eps. I loved the moments between John and Teyla but I was a little surprised by John actions. His really turned military here and he came across a little cold and callous at times. Teyla was not asking him to save everyone but just one family that was very close to her. It that had been Johns family or close friends would he have been as quick to abandon them.

I thought he would have seen how much this ment to Teyla but yet he was willing to leave them behind. What if he had been able to go through the gate. How would that have effected her trust in him. I know he wanted to bring the intel back to Atlantis, but Teyla is helping John fight the Wraith and protect Atlantis, so shouldn't John be prepared to help Teylas people as well.

John remained stubborn even when they went back to the spot where Teyla has told Orin to meet her. I loved the line where John asked Teyla what she expected from her and her answer was maybe too much.

Her genuine concern and happiness when he came back to the jumber showed who much she was worried about him when he went outside. His decision to stay still seemed a little reluctant and he only gave in when she said that she would stay behind. Again this surprised me, he could see the horror of the culling and still wasn't prepared to wait a little longer.

Yet by the end he seemed more effected by what had happened than Teyla and I loved how she looked at him again with concern when in Weirs office.

Lovely moments between them and probably the only time they disagreed.
          sigpic

Comment

Bluealien..you are in Letters From Pegasus, right?

Okay...I like how you worded this..and I agree with some of your statements...I've already explained that from my point of view..John was trying so hard to stay focus on his mission..which was to gather intel...he did comply with Teyla that they should go down and warn Orin, something he was obviously not even willing to do..if anything, we saw in this episode just how much influence Teyla has over John that even when he knew he shouldn't have caved into her wishes, for his priority has to Be Atlantis, he gave in anyways and only after just a brief argument and even saying things, that I think not even he agreed with completely....

I'm not sure if I'm making any sense here bluealien, but I don't want to have to rewrite what I already wrote...and going back to look for that posting is almost impossible...

Basically, John and Teyla have two different roles here and both have their strong defense....Teyla, to save people from the Wraith, John to gather intel and head back as soon as possible to Atlantis..for both of them it was a no win situation, yet the important thing is that they were able to get pass their differences and in the end, both understood each other's point of view and respected each other completely..John didn't blame Teyla and Teyla didn't blame John, if anything, this made them stronger..for now they both understand each other better....my opinion of coarse..
            sigpic

Comment

you know guys, we can go for the compromise. I can merge the other thread back into this one. Folks can post pics....but if they have more than 1-2 pics in a post, or more than 3 picture containing posts in a row, then those pics must go behind spoiler cuts

then folks can still post pics and artwork here, but that artwork wont' bog things down, all the convo is in one place and, hopefully, the majority will be happy
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                you know guys, we can go for the compromise. I can merge the other thread back into this one. Folks can post pics....but if they have more than 1-2 pics in a post, or more than 3 picture containing posts in a row, then those pics must go behind spoiler cuts

then folks can still post pics and artwork here, but that artwork wont' bog things down, all the convo is in one place and, hopefully, the majority will be happy
                That works for me. If everyone else is in agreement.

Comment

I like this idea best. I hope you do this sky.

It's a bit of an annoyance flipping between both threads....Also since sometimes the occasional picture would stirke up an interesting conversation..

R.I.P Wraithlord
                  Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Thank you SD..that works for me..and makes perfect sense. This is what I hoped would have resulted through debate and conversation over the topic. Rather than a decision being made with only a partial amount of people getting a say. I do like this and saves time and I'll definitely reinforce it. I'm going to ask Witchy now to provide a banner for me. Oh, SD and TF<--- You know I respect what you guys say. I'm going to start writing some ground rules so the newbies get a chance and also links for J/T places of love and I'm going to send it to you and post it on the thread for yay or nays and maybe we can get our thread worked out by Saturday? You can PM your thoughts(to the mods).

VB
                    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I prefer this method.
                      Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                        Thank you SD..that works for me..and makes perfect sense. This is what I hoped would have resulted through debate and conversation over the topic. Rather than a decision being made with only a partial amount of people getting a say. I do like this and saves time and I'll definitely reinforce it. I'm going to ask Witchy now to provide a banner for me. Oh, SD and TF<--- You know I respect what you guys say. I'm going to start writing some ground rules so the newbies get a chance and also links for J/T places of love and I'm going to send it to you and post it on the thread for yay or nays and maybe we can get our thread worked out by Saturday? You can PM your thoughts(to the mods).

VB
                        I think again this decision is being made without the consent of everyone involved. I have yet to hear anyone who likes the new thread get a chance to respond to Skydiver's suggestion.

The new thread has nothing (save Bella's Welcome to the Thread pic) that hasn't been posted here already. The consenus of those of us who have posted there is that none of us is giving up this thread and will still post links and pics here. So... I ask, what is the problem with the new thread? It seems rather like prejudice rather than an informed decision to me. I'll agree that more debate should probably have taken place before a thread was created, but that's irrelevant now. The thread exists, and it seems to me it's going to get shut down without a fair shake.

Maybe I'm in the minority on this... It wouldn't be the first time. But I want more voices heard before any merging takes place. A vote would be the best, most democratic solution. And can we keep it private and get back to the subject of John and Teyla that brought us here in the first place?
                        The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

Originally posted by fishyone
                          I think again this decision is being made without the consent of everyone involved. I have yet to hear anyone who likes the new thread get a chance to respond to Skydiver's suggestion.

The new thread has nothing (save Bella's Welcome to the Thread pic) that hasn't been posted here already. The consenus of those of us who have posted there is that none of us is giving up this thread and will still post links and pics here. So... I ask, what is the problem with the new thread? It seems rather like prejudice rather than an informed decision to me. I'll agree that more debate should probably have taken place before a thread was created, but that's irrelevant now. The thread exists, and it seems to me it's going to get shut down without a fair shake.

Maybe I'm in the minority on this... It wouldn't be the first time. But I want more voices heard before any merging takes place. A vote would be the best, most democratic solution. And can we keep it private and get back to the subject of John and Teyla that brought us here in the first place?
                          I agree we have yet to have a consensus on what is best. This is the problem. Can you define for me what is sporadic posting? Can you tell me exactly how many pics are allowed to post for a topic?
                          Not only that you obviously don't take into consideration that a few of us do find it aggravating and also silly to be switching from one thread to another when it's all pretty much about John and Teyla. As BlueAlien has posted and a few of us have said..it's more effective when there's a single thread to focus on.
                          With these rules in place we have a balance of the two needs. Everything is in one place so that ALL who like J/T don't have to jump from thread 1, to thread 2, which could lead to thread 3 and 4--since again there are no clear lines.
                          The problem that we had seemed to have---was given with clear instructions with SD's plan. It accomodates those of us that find it an inconvenience and just doesn't make sense since the same on the other thread can be done here. And further more, it also keeps those who like their pics happy.

But again it's up for discussion. But I really like the idea of the merging and the new set of rules. I've been posting on this thread for a long time...and I just don't want to have deal with multitude of threads...since I hope there might be the same merging for the Teyla and the Anti-ship threads. It just saves on time and gives a certain direction.
                          Things are far more compartmentable. And also as an artist I thought you'd like the idea where most people can review your work especially for those of us who really dont' want to deal with a second thread.

VB

Comment

...since I hope there might be the same merging for the Teyla and the Anti-ship threads. It just saves on time and gives a certain direction.

VB
                            I think they tried this for the Torri threads, and it didn't work out...

VB, Sanssong, I sent you two PM's.
                            Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip
                              I think they tried this for the Torri threads, and it didn't work out...

VB, Sanssong, I sent you two PM's.
                              It didn't work because people got uncomfortable with the quality of posts. but that's not our problem on this thread or even something I've seen on the teyla thread to be an issue...and as for the Anti thrad....you hate one or two or a ship...just post your problems there and end it. I just can't see people wasiting a lot of time whinging.

But we need to get back on topic about what's going on.

VB

Comment

But we need to get back on topic about what's going on.

VB
                                So, let's make a poll or something and vote. Sounds fair to me. That way, everyone who wants to participate can vote, and we'll go from there. We can leave it for a couple of days, so those who've not had a chance to see this discussion. I got nothing on the details of doing such a thing, though.
                                Sig by Camy

Comment

Working...
                                X