No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay... Challenge fic... Sunday's challenge...

Doing some standard header stuff... Not good at this...

Author: fishyone
    Word Count: 579
    Rating: PG, I think
    Summary: We all have a price.
    Disclaimer: I don't own the characters... If I did... No one wants to know what that would be like. And I don't get paid for this... If I did, I'd be writing for the show, which would never happen.

Author's Note: I did have this beta'd by Vaberella, and Jess also gave me suggestions for it. Unfortunately, I'm kind of stubborn, and I didn't accept all the word changes they gave me as I felt it lacked my "voice." So any mistakes found in here are mine...though they tried to persuade me otherwise. Oh, VB, if you don't want to beta for me again, I understand... I wouldn't appreciate it if someone ignored my suggestions as I did with some of yours... Sorry...

We All Have a Price

We all have a price, and he wonders if she is his. He wonders if he would sell his soul, doom himself to eternal damnation if he could only have her. He wonders just how much he’ll pay, if it will be in blood. She’s right there but just out of reach, and no matter how hard he tries, he can’t catch her. She’s untamed and mysterious in ways that he can’t begin to imagine; so complex that he would need more than a lifetime to understand her.

Strange. It doesn’t seem to matter so much the pain, the knowledge that he probably won’t live through this. Weren’t a person’s last moments supposed to be about considering life? What is his life?

Without her, nothing. That is why she is his price. He didn’t truly live before he knew her. He had given up everything that he had ever known, everything that he had—granted, it wasn’t much—but it had taken everything to find one thing, one person so infinitely perfect that no one else mattered.

Yeah, she was his price—all right. He hadn’t known that he would find her, not really, yet somehow, a part of him had. Even after that, he didn’t have her. Didn’t deserve her.

She is a price that he can never pay, not in his lifetime, which is looking shorter and shorter by the minute. He is dying, and he’ll never get the chance to tell her that he is a stupid fool that has taken the easy road rather than fight for her. He’s done some stupid things—fallen for other women. Maybe even pushed her into another’s arms. He wants to tell her all this. He knows he can’t. There isn’t time, and she isn’t here. He’d gone off to be the hero again, and this time, it would cost him everything.

His life is slowly leaving him, trickling out a hole so small that it can’t compare to the one in his heart since he has known her. He is bleeding, warm blood running down his side. Not much longer now…

Regrets? Sure, he has them. She’s the biggest one. He regrets not telling her how he felt. He’d give anything to change the past, but he can’t. He knows this. What was it they said about prices…? A familiar cliché… We all have a price. The price is always more than you can afford. He’s learned that lesson now. Too little, too late.

He thinks he should leave the trite remarks to someone else. He’s starting to lose focus, concentration. He’s more than half-gone already.

What price, he wonders, would bring her to him now? Would let him see that enigmatic smile of hers? Let him touch that beautiful hair?

Death, probably. He can’t give much else. He’s lost his gun—dropped it somewhere in the middle of his fight. Everything important is gone. She is gone, and that is the only thing that matters now.

He closes his eyes. He’s had enough. Time to let go…too late… Too late to fight now. Too far gone…

He blinks into the sudden light. He’s somewhere else now, not heaven, but it can’t be hell because she is standing above him.

She holds his hand. “Welcome back, John. We were afraid that we had lost you.”

She calls him John. And somehow he understands that he has paid his price, and she’s his.

Just as soon as he apologizes.

Last edited by fishyone; 07 June 2006, 10:43 PM.
    The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

wow!...I don't check in all day and i've got pages on pages to catch up on.

love the challenges...I've been trying to do any or some Camy but my muse ran away...i'll continue to try...cause i do want to contribute something, since I never has time theses days *mutters about retail pharmacies*...to do wps/icons/or sigs....

So why i'm actually posting is to share this pencil drawing VB had requested.

It's SUPPOSE to be Sheppard and Teyla...but even though i tried...Teyla's doesn't EXACTLY look like Teyla...but Sheppard is wow!....

-adieu

R.I.P Wraithlord
      Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by fishyone

Doing some standard header stuff... Not good at this...

Author: fishyone
        Word Count: 579
        Rating: PG, I think
        Summary: We all have a price.
        Disclaimer: I don't own the characters... If I did... No one wants to know what that would be like. And I don't get paid for this... If I did, I'd be writing for the show, which would never happen.

Author's Note: I did have this beta'd by Vaberella, and Jess also gave me suggestions for it. Unfortunately, I'm kind of stubborn, and I didn't accept all the word changes they gave me as I felt it lacked my "voice." So any mistakes found in here are mine...though they tried to persuade me otherwise.

We All Have a Price

We all have a price, and he wonders if she is his. He wonders if he would sell his soul, doom himself to eternal damnation if he could only have her. He wonders just how much he’ll pay, if it will be in blood. She’s right there but just out of reach, and no matter how hard he tries, he can’t catch her. She’s untamed and mysterious in ways that he can’t begin to imagine; so complex that he would need more than a lifetime to understand her.

Strange. It doesn’t seem to matter so much the pain, the knowledge that he probably won’t live through this. Weren’t a person’s last moments supposed to be about considering life? What is his life?

Without her, nothing. That is why she is his price. He didn’t truly live before he knew her. He had given up everything that he had ever known, everything that he had—granted, it wasn’t much—but it had taken everything to find one thing, one person so infinitely perfect that no one else mattered.

Yeah, she was his price—all right. He hadn’t known that he would find her, not really, yet somehow, a part of him had. Even after that, he didn’t have her. Didn’t deserve her.

She is a price that he can never pay, not in his lifetime, which is looking shorter and shorter by the minute. He is dying, and he’ll never get the chance to tell her that he is a stupid fool that has taken the easy road rather than fight for her. He’s done some stupid things—fallen for other women. Maybe even pushed her into another’s arms. He wants to tell her all this. He knows he can’t. There isn’t time, and she isn’t here. He’d gone off to be the hero again, and this time, it would cost him everything.

His life is slowly leaving him, trickling out a hole so small that it can’t compare to the one in his heart since he has known her. He is bleeding, warm blood running down his side. Not much longer now…

Regrets? Sure, he has them. She’s the biggest one. He regrets not telling her how he felt. He’d give anything to change the past, but he can’t. He knows this. What was it they said about prices…? A familiar cliché… We all have a price. The price is always more than you can afford. He’s learned that lesson now. Too little, too late.

He thinks he should leave the trite remarks to someone else. He’s starting to lose focus, concentration. He’s more than half-gone already.

What price, he wonders, would bring her to him now? Would let him see that enigmatic smile of hers? Let him touch that beautiful hair?

Death, probably. He can’t give much else. He’s lost his gun—dropped it somewhere in the middle of his fight. Everything important is gone. She is gone, and that is the only thing that matters now.

He closes his eyes. He’s had enough. Time to let go…too late… Too late to fight now. Too far gone…

He blinks into the sudden light. He’s somewhere else now, not heaven, but it can’t be hell because she is standing above him.

She calls him John. And somehow he understands that he has paid his price, and she’s his.

I've been signed up to this site for some time and lurking. Know many of you here from other list so a big - HELLO(waves wildly and smiles).

But on to the review. Just wanted to say how much I liked this piece. You got John's voice down well. Angst, yet beautiful.

Thanks for sharing,
        Cyn :-))
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
          wow!...I don't check in all day and i've got pages on pages to catch up on.

love the challenges...I've been trying to do any or some Camy but my muse ran away...i'll continue to try...cause i do want to contribute something, since I never has time theses days *mutters about retail pharmacies*...to do wps/icons/or sigs....

So why i'm actually posting is to share this pencil drawing VB had requested.

It's SUPPOSE to be Sheppard and Teyla...but even though i tried...Teyla's doesn't EXACTLY look like Teyla...but Sheppard is wow!....
          http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...dandTeyla2.jpg

-adieu
          Good work, Witch Blade. It's better than anything I could have done.

Comment

Originally posted by jtjaforever
            I've been signed up to this site for some time and lurking. Know many of you here from other list so a big - HELLO(waves wildly and smiles).

But on to the review. Just wanted to say how much I liked this piece. You got John's voice down well. Angst, yet beautiful.

Thanks for sharing,
            Cyn :-))
            Wow... I got you to delurk... That is an unbelievably big compliment, and I don't think I deserve it. Well, maybe it wasn't me and it was just the right time... so ignore me...

Thank you so much for the kind words. It's my first J/T, and I struggled with his voice. (Thanks for the help, VB!) It means a lot to me that you liked it... Thank you soooo much... (*insecure writer breathes sigh of relief*)

Oh... and welcome...since it's your first post and all.

Comment

I have to beg a favor. I've been looking for a screencap of the kiss in Conversion and I can't find it... stargatecaps.com is still down, Atlantica doesn't have that episode capped, the other site I checked had right up to it, but not the actual kiss... (made me wonder if it was a s/w run site...) So, can anyone direct me to where it actually is or post one they don't mind me using? I have a wall idea... Again not one of the challenges...

Comment

I have to beg a favor. I've been looking for a screencap of the kiss in Conversion and I can't find it... stargatecaps.com is still down, Atlantica doesn't have that episode capped, the other site I checked had right up to it, but not the actual kiss... (made me wonder if it was a s/w run site...) So, can anyone direct me to where it actually is or post one they don't mind me using? I have a wall idea... Again not one of the challenges...
                Did someone say they needed a pic of the KISS?

It's big..so here is the link!

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3...08hr1423gj.jpg

For more check out this site: http://www.oxoniensis-art.net/index2.htm

Comment

I just added another chapter to Raindrops Like Blood!

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2954752/6/

Oh, and thanks for the link for the kiss pic. *Has been looking for it to make picture* THANKS!

(You can use this image, but please, if you use the poem, I wrote it, so please leave a copywrite on it. Thanks!)

Comment

Here is a quick pic I made. I wrote the poem a while back, and decided that this picture would work for it. I always felt that if John had lost Teyla's trust because of the kiss, he wouldn't have forgiven himself. So I wtore this. Hope you all like!

(You can use this image, but please, if you use the poem, I wrote it, so please leave a copywrite on it. Thanks!)

Comment

This is wonderful. You have done an excellent job with Johns voice. Perfect the way it is.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                        Sloppy job there Camy ...congrats CR...happy for you, you probably came out Valedictorian. ....Anyway back to J/T.
                        We don't have that... but I wasn't senior speaker and I didn't get the top grade point, granted it was still a 4.3....

Fishyone... that was brilliant... I mean WOW. Seriously... that had me riveted... even with the music in the background that was completely inappropreite to the setting... simply gorgeous. You need to archive this stuff on Convergence.

Convergence

or

Fanfiction.net

Camerine... nice poem... so true.
                        Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Witchy, nice pic. I can tell you worked hard on it. You did great with John's hair.

Fishyone, excellent fic. It was powerful and haunting. I think your word choices were perfect. You did have John's voice correct. I like that it was his moment of death fic and he actually thought he'd died. I like that John noticed that she used his name. Well done! You have to write more.

Doxy

Comment

I really liked it, Fishyone! You did a great job! I didn't know you could post directly to the forum....

Comment

Fishyone, I"m gonna have to read it later...really busy right now...but I'm loving it...you should really post it in FF.net...if you don't want to open an account, I can put it under my name but WRITE that it's your fic...and mention GW...alll up to you...but this way others get to see it won't get lost in this thread....let me know or PM me...

VB...wrorte....
                              Originally Posted by vaberella
                              Sloppy job there Camy

Ritter, all that I care is that you liked it! That is a new feature and that was the best I could do!

Okay, some discussion questions coming up soon! YIPPEEE
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
                                Did someone say they needed a pic of the KISS?

It's big..so here is the link!

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3...08hr1423gj.jpg

For more check out this site: http://www.oxoniensis-art.net/index2.htm
                                Thank you very much for the links. I didn't get a chance to work on my idea last night, but I'll try and get to it after work today...

The problem will be just what angle/cap to use... So many wonderful ones of that kiss...

Comment

Working...
                                X