No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will get to work on that playlist. But I'm warning you, some of the songs might not be what you expect. My mind is just whacked and I associate weird stuff together. Oh well. Lol. Some are also just songs of the characters individually. At least this one's only 22 songs. My Kara/Lee playlist is 101. Yikes!

Comment

I don't know why, but I think the song 'My Immortal' somtimes make me think of T/J. *Lack of sleep ... again!*

Oh, and I am doing todays challenge, but I won't be around much tomorrow 'cause I gotta go in to the orthodonist.

(You can use this image, but please, if you use the poem, I wrote it, so please leave a copywrite on it. Thanks!)

Comment

Originally posted by nytel
        I will get to work on that playlist. But I'm warning you, some of the songs might not be what you expect. My mind is just whacked and I associate weird stuff together. Oh well. Lol. Some are also just songs of the characters individually. At least this one's only 22 songs. My Kara/Lee playlist is 101. Yikes!
        Can't be any worse than mine... I have the weirdest collection of songs...from stuff like "May the bird of paradise fly up your nose" to "La vie en rose" to "Nights in white satin" to "The first cut is the deepest"... And that is not even half of it...

For J/T... after the kirking in season 2... John Lennon's "Woman."

Spoiler:
        Woman I can hardly express,
        My mixed emotion at my thoughtlessness,
        After all I'm forever in your debt,
        And woman I will try express,
        My inner feelings and thankfullness,
        For showing me the meaning of succsess,
        oooh well, well,
        oooh well, well,

Woman I know you understand
        The little child inside the man,
        Please remember my life is in your hands,
        And woman hold me close to your heart,
        However, distant don't keep us apart,
        After all it is written in the stars,
        oooh well, well,
        oooh well, well,

Woman please let me explain,
        I never mean(t) to cause you sorrow or pain,
        So let me tell you again and again and again,
        I love you (yeah, yeah) now and forever,
        I love you (yeah, yeah)....
        The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

'Before I Sleep'

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Annie Sheppard; 05 June 2006, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel007
                I don't know why, but I think the song 'My Immortal' somtimes make me think of T/J. *Lack of sleep ... again!*

Oh, and I am doing todays challenge, but I won't be around much tomorrow 'cause I gotta go in to the orthodonist.
                Fab song!...It so moving. I love it...the only reason i won't do it is because almost every fandom i'm attached to..has killed it till it's twelve feet under....

But if anyone finds it or does it?...POST IT!!!!..........

R.I.P Wraithlord
                Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

My Immortal--love that song. I thought JT when I heard it too.

On the subject of where to post long fics if you don't have an LJ or ff.net account.

This is just my opinion, okay? :-D You *could* post short chapters here. But, since 80 or 90% of JT fans never visit here and some who do don't read back very far into the old posts (cough, cough, me...) you won't get as many readers if you just post it here and don't archive it. The posts go by quickly and then there's no easy way to find the story again--unless someone knows what to look for.

Anywhere on the Net you'll need to register for an account, but none of the archives are very difficult to use. If you archive your fics just once, then you can post a link anywhere you want.

Here are some of the bigger SGA archives:

Convergence (JT-only) http://www.john-teyla-convergence.net/
                  Atlantica http://sg-atlantis.org/fanfics/
                  Atlantisfic http://atlantisfic.com/
                  Unique Bond (JT-only) http://uniquebond.fan-sites.org/
                  Wraithbait http://www.wraithbait.com
                  Heliopolis-SGA http://sg1-heliopolis.com/atlantis/

There are five John/Teyla LJs and two JT yahoo fiction lists: STFever and JohnandTeyla .

Signing up for an LJ is easy and you don't have to put anything in yours if you don't want to, but it does make a nice place to use as a personal archive. Still, unless you advertise your fics/LJ, you'll probably get more readers at a place like Wraithbait or Convergence.

I tend to use most of them.

Have a wonderful evening, everyone!
                  Doxymom

Comment

Keep On Loving You by REO Speedwagon.

I did my first vid to that song and now I think of Shep and Teyla whenever I do.

HEY NYTEL... 'bout time! Glad you stopped by... same goes for all the newbies... Jesse.... and anyone I forgot.

http://www.fanfiction.net is a huge archive too, a great place to start in my opinion.
                    Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Waaa! *Cries aned kicks Dial-up* I can't watch any of these Vids! It is driving me nuts! Anyway, I got to get back to writing for today's challenge. Link in a few hours!

(You can use this image, but please, if you use the poem, I wrote it, so please leave a copywrite on it. Thanks!)

Comment

Originally posted by Angel007
                        Waaa! *Cries aned kicks Dial-up* I can't watch any of these Vids! It is driving me nuts! Anyway, I got to get back to writing for today's challenge. Link in a few hours!
                        I know the feeling Angel. I wish the college I went to would hurry up and go wireless, but what do you want for a Community Collge?

Anyway, I love the sigs and walls Bella. DM I agree with 'My Immortal' I love that song. I would have to say one of my songs for them wouold be 'There you'll be' by Faith Hill from "Pearl Harbor". Or maybe Lonestar's 'Amazed'.

Camy I'll get on those challenges tomorrow, I was stuck at the library today doing research for a book a friend and I are writing.
                        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

My challenge for today is up! Here is the link. Oh, and I said int he summary that Teyla was dying, but I mean agony.

I did: Teyla in agony, John tries to help, and I used the word 'Ocean'.

http://www.fanfiction.net/secure/liv...107&chapter=2/

Comment

Angel, it's weird. I can't even *look* at the stories you've linked here without logging in. I didn't know ff.net did that. I thought that was only for reviews.

Do you have your fics friend-locked somehow?

Edited to add: Okay, I logged in and still can't get to the story. The link doesn't work for me. It's like it's trying to bring up the page in your personal info on which you upload the chapter.

What's your monniker there? I'll search for you and find the fic that way.
                            Thanks!

Doxy

Comment

Here yah guys go...I notice tha a few of you guys don't really visit other threads, so I'm bringing over the promo pics for the eps that relate only to John and/or Teyla within an ep--meaning any ep where there's one pic with J/T.

Now based on what I know of Irresistable
                              Spoiler:
                              I know phermones are released and many of our women and I'm noticing men of Atlantis are victims (depending on your outlook) Mr. Fantastic. I see Teyla and and John play major roles. I do wonder how much Teyla has succombed if she has, because based on earlier pics she's not impressed, but in the last she's giggling. So I don't know what to expect of Teyla in the ep, But based on the Pics John looks fully immune and maybe McKay. I had heard a lot of talk about Zelenka, but not one pic of him, but there is a lot of Carson and Ronon and they seem into the guy. I think it might be salvagable ep, since I'm not expecting much. So there's a chance I could be pleasantly surprised.

For more pics, go to : New Atlantis--Irresistable Promo Pics

VB
                              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
                                Angel, it's weird. I can't even *look* at the stories you've linked here without logging in. I didn't know ff.net did that. I thought that was only for reviews.

Do you have your fics friend-locked somehow?

Edited to add: Okay, I logged in and still can't get to the story. The link doesn't work for me. It's like it's trying to bring up the page in your personal info on which you upload the chapter.

What's your monniker there? I'll search for you and find the fic that way.
                                Thanks!

Doxy
                                My name is Camerine. Sorry! I guess I'm not doing the links right. Oh, well, just click on the link that says My Fanfiction under my siggie. Sorry again!

Comment

Working...
                                X