John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Warrior's Caps for Poisoning the Well....

sigpic

Comment

HI ANNIE!....I'm posting Warrior's caps...I don't think he has any for Underground? do you have any? I'll keep looking and hopefully be done soon...do you have the ones for Home that you want to post...?
        sigpic

Comment

hi Camy
          I posted already "Childhood's End' the pics on Friday... I thought 'The Undergroud' will be today...

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
            HI ANNIE!....I'm posting Warrior's caps...I don't think he has any for Underground? do you have any? I'll keep looking and hopefully be done soon...do you have the ones for Home that you want to post...?
            yep I have a few from "The Underground"...

Comment

'The Underground'

Comment

Transcripts from Childhood's End...taken from GW...

Transcript by Callie Sullivan.
                M7G-677. The Puddle Jumper is flying over the planet's surface. Major John Sheppard is flying, with Lieutenant Aiden Ford in the co-pilot's seat. Doctor Rodney McKay and Teyla Emmagan sit behind them.

SHEPPARD: Anything look familiar to you, Teyla?

TEYLA: No. I do not believe this is a world I have visited before.
                John has always respected and held highly Teyla's opinion on things..and his tone with her is just so special and so just for her! AH!

SHEPPARD (pointedly): So, you think it's worth checking out?

McKAY (sarcastically): I'm sorry. Yes. Energy field good. (The Jumper shakes again, for a longer period this time. The H.U.D. fritzes on the screen.) Maybe not.

TEYLA: It's getting worse.

SHEPPARD: That's enough. I'm getting out of here. (The Jumper continues to shake.) I'm not gaining any altitude. Controls are unresponsive. (The shaking gets worse and the H.U.D. disappears from the windshield.) Drive just went offline. (The shaking worsens and the lights go off. ) We're going in.

(The Jumper heads towards the ground and its engine pods retract.)

SHORTLY AFTERWARDS. The Puddle Jumper has ploughed into the ground in a sandy area on the edge of a forest. The team is sitting inside looking a little winded.

FORD: Nice landing, sir.

SHEPPARD: Thank you.

TEYLA: What happened?
                SHEPPARD: Alright, we should be able to figure this out.

(Teyla steps forward, looking around.)

TEYLA: I believe it is this way. (She looks in the direction she thinks they should go.)

SHEPPARD: Let's move out.
                More proof!

SHEPPARD: Lower your weapon, Lieutenant. (He turns to the children.) Hey... kids.

TEYLA: We are not here to harm you in any way.

SHEPPARD: That's right, what she said. We're just ... we're friendly, OK?

TEYLA: We arrived through the Stargate. We were only trying to return home.

(The children stare at them silently.)

FORD: I don't think they understand.

TEYLA: I believe they do.

SHEPPARD: Why are they still pointing arrows at us?
                In this scene when the kids come out...John is facing one way, but then he turns and blocks Teyla...trying to cover her...I love when he gets in his defensive mode with her...and at one point..he is standing so close to her...AH!

He and Ford head off. Teyla walks closer to Sheppard.)

TEYLA: I think it is dangerous to leave the villagers unprotected.

SHEPPARD: McKay's got a point. The Wraith haven't been around in a very long time.

TEYLA: This is reckless, Major. You must see that.

SHEPPARD: Come on. What are the odds they're gonna show up in the few hours it takes McKay to run those tests?

(At the Wraith shrine, unseen by Sheppard or Teyla, a device attached to the skeletal wrist of the Wraith begins to blink.)
                Eventhough, this is one of the times, he didnt' listen very well....you can still tell that he wanted her to see things his way and not only that, he was somewhat doubtful himself....

He walks away. Ares turns and glares at Sheppard for a moment longer, then walks away.)

TEYLA: What were they talking about?

SHEPPARD: He's supposed to sacrifice himself tonight.

TEYLA: Keras?

SHEPPARD: I tried to talk him out of it.

TEYLA: If we tell them about the field that protects their villages ...

SHEPPARD: I'm working on that, but we can't do anything until we figure out what to do with the ZeeP.M.
                If you see the episode, they almost look like a married couple that the wife is trying to convince the husband, but the stubborn husband always thinks he has the right answer to everything!

Okay..I have to go for now...but this was a great team episode...but it showed a great deal where Teyla and John's trust is going...she feels very comfortable telling him of his wrongdoings and voicing her opinions...and even when he disagrees with her, there is still that level of trust, respect and understanding.....LOVE IT!
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks Annie....
                  sigpic

Comment

Can you post pics for Home as well...? Gotta go...

hugs,
                    sigpic

Comment

'Home'

Comment

Comment

Camy, as a writer, I think that characters can grow and change and not always have the same "voice." Afterall, we know Teyla was different before she met John and John was different before he met her. If they ever get together then their "voices/personalities" will change. Granted, in a tv show like this one where the PTB want people to be able to hop in at any point and not be lost, the characters aren't allowed to change a LOT, but they do change.

Also, on the TV screen we may not get a complete picture of a character. We don't know what they're thinking or even what most of them have been through in their lives. They've never told us Teyla's favorite game as a child or the name of John's first love. So a fic writer taking license to invent some of these things isn't necessarily losing the character's voice, but rather could still be filling in the blanks. There are some authors out there who do lose the character's voices or make them so out of character they aren't recognizable, but there are others who just extrapolate based on the core character personality.

Personally, I think Tielan is skilled enough to extrapolate.

I've written fanfic novellas and been told they stayed true to voice even though the characters did things they'd never do onscreen and lived out many years away from the "show" plots. So, it is possible to do it.

Doxy

Comment

Comment

you're welcome Camy... bye hon...

Comment

Good points...DM..

I agree Tielan is an excellent writer...and for the most part I can't really think of any other that does Teyla's voice so well...that is probably what I love the most about her fics...she's one of the best that writes John and Teyla without making John be such a great part of it and still allowing Teyla to stand alone without John..and I love that! for me, that is so difficult to do and I see very little of it in many other fics...you hear John a lot...but people tend to loose Teyla and she only comes out to be with John...not that I don't like them, but Tielan has a very special and unique way of doing just that! In to Serve a Queen, Teyla was one of her main characters and was so much better than even Elizabeth and Ronon himself..in my opinion....

and I agree with you...there are some fics out there that do go into other venues of the characters that we know will never be onscreen and yet they maintain the voice of the characters...but again, in my opinion, I have not read many.........sometimes, when they go off too much, especially the N-17 fics...you can't help but wonder if that would be something that the character would really do or not do...and I guess that is what struck me with Tielan's new fic...as I said before, I thought it was FANTASTIC...and I could hear bits and pieces of Teyla's voice...but I guess the scenario and plot itself is something that I don't see....and maybe I'm just wording this incoherently...but I do love it when others venture into other possibilities and topics that only our imagination can go!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X