Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not but this is my two cents worth.

I think Sheppard/Weir relationship will not become a romantic one, as most shippers whould like Jack and Sam to do, but a relationship like Daniel and Sam, real good friends.

Comment

Why is my feelings so wrong ?
      I abhor Shep & Weir as a couple and will say so ..
      If you enjoy it that's great but I'll openly say my feelings and if my posts offend you I suggest you not enter since you cannot get a grasp on things ..
      Pamela

Comment

Originally posted by SHEPHERDHOLIC
        Why is my feelings so wrong ?
        I abhor Shep & Weir as a couple and will say so ..
        If you enjoy it that's great but I'll openly say my feelings and if my posts offend you I suggest you not enter since you cannot get a grasp on things ..
        Pamela
        ROFL

Thanks for making my evening.

Comment

Originally posted by catscan
          This whole thread is pointless. Getting worked up over so much as the aspect of two characters EVER becoming romantically involved is pretty immature. Repeat after me, "It's just a TV show." Repeat, until it sinks in.
          Why do we come here to this forum in the first place, isn't it all pointless anyway... shouldn't we be doing something more useful than coming together day in day out discussing the merits of an English speaking sci-fi show that in the scheme of things don't really affect too many people? Shouldn't we be out there feeding the poor, socializing or doing the ironing Whether we sit at our computers pounding out highbrow stuff about theoretical physics, or contemplate on whether A will fall in love with B, we are just looking for an outlet: A community of like-minded individuals.

I don't care much for ship myself but I don't feel it is my place to discourage others who are so inclined. If it keeps them out of trouble, so much the better . As for me, I smile and maybe even giggle, and then I move on. So whether it is narrative, romance, higher maths or theoretical physics that gets people hot under the collar, I'm sure that this forum will have a place for all of us.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

^^^
            Well said.

Comment

{Mod Snip}
              . So what if Sheppard and Weir spend a little more quality time together in the newer episodes... they're suppose too, they're the two leads of the series. It's kind of lame to expect that the two leaders of the Atlantis Expedition can't hang out. Hell be more pissed about
              Spoiler:
              Sheppard getting it on with an Ancient.
              Atleast that was putting a damper on things.

It's just silly to be all up in arms, over something that has yet to happen. I mean, I can see why some Jack/Sam shippers are angry over the whole Pete thing. It's real, and happening in the show. But to imply things, just because two characters, who would logically end up being good friends on the show because of their positions, is just jumping the gun.

I've nothing against shippers in general, but when they take things to the extreme, it equals much amusement for myself and others. If you don't take things to the extreme, then this post has nothing to do whatsoever with your shipperness.
              Last edited by TameFarrar; 05 April 2006, 11:54 AM. Reason: respecting other posters applies to fangroups

Comment

Uhh, you know the person threatening to stop watching the show is NOT a shipper, right catscan?

There are no shippers here getting worked up about ANYTHING. So I'm not sure where you are getting these ideas...maybe read a little more closely next time?

Also, you can never be too passionate. At least, I or those I admire, can't be

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                  Sorry, but this one doesn't wash. I know that you're targeting "the extreme shippers" and not at all bashing the "not too extreme shippers" but as long as you are making such blanket 'accusations' (for want of a better word) without specifying anyone as included or excluded in your attack the criticisms you make simply waft in the general direction of *all* shippers here, without any of them having Right Of Reply since it would be hard for them to refute your allegations without placing themselves in the firing line.

Please feel free to comment here on anything that's said in this thread. If you find anything that you'd like to comment on in any other thread, comment on it in that thread (as long as you can do so without going off-topic) but please don't make generalised negative comments on GW posters. Thanks.
                  It's all good, just be sure that you never, make a blanket statement. I guess now before I ever say shippers as a whole again, I'll need to post in every forum, under every thread on the internet, before I criticize shippers again. Thankyou, please drive through.

Comment

It's all good, just be sure that you never, make a blanket statement. I guess now before I ever say shippers as a whole again, I'll need to post in every forum, under every thread on the internet, before I criticize shippers again. Thankyou, please drive through.
                    I don't want to speak for Madeleine and, really I'm sure she doesn't want one of us crazy irrational shippers speaking on her behalf, but I'll take a shot. What Madeleine was suggesting is that you might not want to make so many sweeping generalizations. And why would you want to criticize shippers "as a whole"? We're not some sort of autonomous drones who all think and feel the same thing. And doing things like that is the sort of stuff that causes bad feelings.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

And perhaps we could get back on the topic of people's feelings on the possibility of a Shep/Weir pairing.
                      Thank-you. I do not think they should get together. I am a shipper, but i still think that any relationship would take away from the show. I like to read fanfiction ships, not actually in the show

Comment

catscan, I meant that no shipper IN THIS THREAD was getting worked up. The person who seemed MOST worked up (at least initially) is a vehement anti-shipper!

I'm new here, and so far I haven't seen any 'irrational shipper behaviour/comments'.

Comment

I thought we were suppose to be back on topic, or did you miss that?
                          Yes, a moderator asked that this thread get back onto the subject of people's feelings about Weir/Shepard.

Which means:
                          • No sideswipes at other posters
                          • No discussion of your feelings about other posters 'in general' or 'as a whole'
                          • No discussion of S/J, Pete, S/J shippers or even W/Sh shippers unless it relates directly to your point regarding W/Sh ship
                          • and (hopefully) an understanding that no one is obliged to like anything they happen not to like

Thank you.

Madeleine W
                          GateWorld Moderator

Madeleine

Comment

From what I've heard, TPTB were trying to avoid any ship in Atlantis after seeing the divides it caused bewtween different fan groups in SG1.

I'm not 100 percent sure If I ship S/W or McWeir yet, but I made the mistake of getting too involved in S/J ship. I'll not make the same mistake again. At the moment, I'm enjoying Atlantis for the entertainment and adventure value. Nothing more.
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I'm not against a Sheppard/Weir relationship, but so far I don't think there's been much in the way of that sort of chemistry between the characters. Though it is only season one, so the writers have plenty of time to develop it if that's the way they want to go.

Being in charge of things, I'm not sure Weir would get romantically involved with anyone under her command. And also she has Simon waiting for her back on Earth don't forget - though I'm sure she's trying to because he's just dull!
                              "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

Hmm... Interesting topic. Like TVCultGirl, I don't really see any chemistry between Sheppard and Weir. It is only the start (well...soon-to-be start...and I will be in nowheresville, NY where I can't watch the premier. *sob*) of season 2, so I don't think the show has really been there long enough to have two of their characters 'shipping unless they already liked each other/had a past or present relationship, that sort of thing. Personally, at this point, I think shipping is just what you make the show out to be. You can find nearly every pairing in the show if you look hard enough As for any future pairings on the show, I really wouldn't mind any of them. Well...perhaps all but a few (people have v. creative imaginations around here ). Hey, if a ship turns canon, and that offends you enough to stop watching *shrug*, that's you. Just stick around and have some faith in TPTB and see what happens. I know my friend was an avid Daniel/Sam shipper for the first couple of seasons of SG, swore she'd never approve of Jack/Sam, but lo and behold, she loves the J/S relationship now.

Anyway... Pointless rambling.

Comment

Working...
                                X