Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok the time has come to start to whittle these down to some manageable voting levels

So for All day Friday the list of Elizabeth Weir titles will be up for you to vote for your favorites. It will allow folks to vote more then once so they can choose more then one title and we can end up with good group of hopefully 4-5 for the the thread to vote on.

The same will be for John Sheppard as well as Teyla.

I have created three threads for the voting here in this folder and the votes will be verified for posting in at least one of the Anti Ship threads for John, Teyla or Weir prior to this discussion ever taking place. If you are found to not have posted in any of those threads, your vote will not be considered.

So Please go to one of these threadsElizabeth Weir John Sheppard Teyla Emmaganto choose your favorites. Please do not post in those threads as they will only be for voting purposes and all posts will be deleted, NO EXCEPTIONS (well except for my posts since I have to announce winners in there )
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

An additional title has been added for Elizabeth that I somehow missed

Elizabeth Weir - Leader not a Lover so you can add that to your vote if you would like
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Threads still here so.....

One of the things that really bugs me about the idea of Shep and Weir together romantically is that I don't believe for a minute that Weir really respects Shep. I always get the impression that she thinks she's so much better than him, more cultured, smarter. She's just got this attitude that she needs to make him into a better person, which seems to mean knocking all the humor and sense of adventure out of him. I think Weir would be happiest if Shep were content to sit around brooding and discussing politics with her.

She's far more suited to someone like Woolsey or maybe even McKay, who I could see appreciating having someone hovering around him and acting like his mother. It might sooth his hypochindriac and narcissistic tendencies if only to have someone so focused on him, whether it was to chastise him and make him towe the line or not.

I can't see Weir happily settling down with any man with an independent spirit. Look at how she was with poor Simon. She had a strong enough relationship with the man that she was given permission to let him in on the Stargate program, yet she gave him the kiss off in a video message. Even with the cold goodbye she gave him, she still expected him to be joyfully waiting for her at home. After telling him to move on and make a life without her she was still shocked and disappointed that the man had indeed moved on and wasn't exactly delighted to be offered a job working under her. I think Weir is looking for a man who will bend to her will and conveniently go away and come back at her whim. I don't think she's ready for a real relationship.

Shep needs a woman who is honest and loyal, who can relax and have fun, and who respects him just as he is. That sure isn't Weir.
        Last edited by Cautious Explorer; 25 May 2009, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
          Threads still here so.....

One of the things that really bugs me about the idea of Shep and Weir together romantically is that I don't believe for a minute that Weir really respects Shep. I always get the impression that she thinks she's so much better than him, more cultured, smarter. She's just got this attitude that she needs to make him into a better person, which seems to mean knocking all the humor and sense of adventure out of him. I think Weir would be happiest if Shep were content to sit around brooding and discussing politics with her.

She's far more suited to someone like Woolsey or maybe even McKay, who I could see appreciating having someone hovering around him and acting like his mother. It might sooth his hypochindriac and narcissistic tendencies if only to have someone so focused on him, whether it was to chastise him and make him towe the line or not.

I can't see Weir happily settling down with any man with an independent spirt. Look at how she was with poor Simon. She had a strong enough relationship with the man that she was given permission to let him in on the Stargate program, yet she gave him the kiss off in a video message. Even with the cold goodbye she gave him, she still expected him to be joyfully waiting for her at home. After telling him to move on and make a life without her she was still shocked and disappointed that the man had indeed moved on and wasn't exactly delighted to be offered a job working under her. I think Weir is looking for a man who will bend to her will and conveniently go away and come back at her whim. I don't think she's ready for a real relationship.

Shep needs a woman who is honest and loyal, who can relax and have fun, and who respects him just as he is. That sure isn't Weir.
          Shep would never let anyone control him, he's a free spirit
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
            Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
              Weir would just be an anchor holding him down. He needs someone who wants to travel the galaxy with him and explore new worlds. I just can't see Weir doing that.

Comment

Weir would just be an anchor holding him down. He needs someone who wants to travel the galaxy with him and explore new worlds. I just can't see Weir doing that.

Weir is more of a home-maker, not an exporer.
                Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Weir is more of a home-maker, not an exporer.
                  You're right. It's strange. She must have done lots of travelling in her career and met all kinds of people, but she seems very reluctant to do that in a whole new galaxy. She doesn't even seem interested in other cultures. The only time I've seen her excited is when she talks about the City of Atlantis. I think she would have made a better scientist than leader. She just didn't seem all that interested in her staff (other than McKay and Shep) or the new worlds around her.

I can't see Shep getting excited about translating ancient (unless it served a purpose on a mission) or sitting around in meetings. He'd much rather be out and about, meeting new people, exploring, flying, sparring, running, anything active (even though he does enjoy a good book on occasion ). He needs someone with interests he can share.

Comment

You're right. It's strange. She must have done lots of travelling in her career and met all kinds of people, but she seems very reluctant to do that in a whole new galaxy. She doesn't even seem interested in other cultures. The only time I've seen her excited is when she talks about the City of Atlantis. I think she would have made a better scientist than leader. She just didn't seem all that interested in her staff (other than McKay and Shep) or the new worlds around her.

I can't see Shep getting excited about translating ancient (unless it served a purpose on a mission) or sitting around in meetings. He'd much rather be out and about, meeting new people, exploring, flying, sparring, running, anything active (even though he does enjoy a good book on occasion ). He needs someone with interests he can share.

I definitley agree with this. Shep is an out door adventurous kind of guy and I just couldnt see Weir wanting to rough it at all.

John is definitely a free spirit and would only be attracted to a similar kind of person..
                    sigpic

Comment

I think Weir might enjoy traveling, meeting new people, other cultures, and maybe even beer drinking. But being "the man" you don't get alot of time for this. My biggest problem with the Weir/Sheppard ship is its effect on good order and discipline. All their decisions would, at least appear to, show favoritism and putting the relationship above the mission.
                      "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Weir is more of a home-maker, not an explorer.
                        I don't know if I'd call her a home-maker. I see it this way...

She's like the govenor(sp) of Atlantis. She deligates and keep things running as smooth as possible..... only going out of Atlantis for diplomatics reason or whatever may peek her interest.

John is in the military. He many be the leader of the serving men their, but she made the final say unless overrided by SGC.

So, my conclusion..... She's his boss. She pointed out in Sunday why she doesn't have relationships and maybe that also keeps her from mingling with others... I don't know, but I'm sure running a city is no easy task and takes up alot of her time. IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                          I don't know if I'd call her a home-maker. I see it this way...

She's like the govenor(sp) of Atlantis. She deligates and keep things running as smooth as possible..... only going out of Atlantis for diplomatics reason or whatever may peek her interest.

John is in the military. He many be the leader of the serving men their, but she made the final say unless overrided by SGC.

So, my conclusion..... She's his boss. She pointed out in Sunday why she doesn't have relationships and maybe that also keeps her from mingling with others... I don't know, but I'm sure running a city is no easy task and takes up alot of her time. IMHO.
                          Maybe so, but it would have been nice if TPTB could have written her as being enthusiastic about something or taking an active interest in the entire expedition. She seemed to mingle with everyone in the first season, even if she did have an odd reluctance to have anything to do with her new allies, the Athosians. She often left the negotiating to Shep's team. Since she was the one doing the delegating, and I'm sure she had a civilian back up for administrative duties (I thought that was part of Grodin's job in season one?), she could have elected to leave the city now and then. She just didn't seem all that interested. I really would have loved to see Weir put some enthusiasm into the whole adventure of the mission.

She came off as so insular: aloof from the Athosians, isolated from most of the expedition, cut herself off from everyone when they returned to Earth, gave Simon the big kiss off via video. I'm just disappointed in the direction she went. Where did all that enthusiasm from the pilot episode go?

That kiind of personality is one that I can't see mixing well with Sheppard -- certainly not on a personal level. She's fine for a boss, but I can't imagine Shep choosing to spend his free time with her.

Comment

She came off as so insular: aloof from the Athosians, isolated from most of the expedition, cut herself off from everyone when they returned to Earth, gave Simon the big kiss off via video. I'm just disappointed in the direction she went. Where did all that enthusiasm from the pilot episode go?

That kiind of personality is one that I can't see mixing well with Sheppard -- certainly not on a personal level. She's fine for a boss, but I can't imagine Shep choosing to spend his free time with her.
                            Well that's probably why he didnt. They never spent any free time together as they had nothing in common except the leadership of Atlantis.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ok Real Life has let up *sheesh* and we can finally get back to this and get it done

So for All day today & Friday the list of Elizabeth Weir, John Sheppard & Teyla Emmagan FINAL titles titles will be up for you to vote for your FINAL CHOICE.

I have created three threads for the voting in the Announcements folder and the votes will be verified for posting in at least one of the Anti Ship threads for John, Teyla or Weir prior to this discussion ever taking place. If you are found to not have posted in any of those threads, your vote will not be considered.

So Please go to one of these threadsElizabeth Weir John Sheppard Teyla Emmaganto choose your FINAL CHOICE .

Please do not post in those threads as they will only be for voting purposes and all posts will be deleted, NO EXCEPTIONS (well except for my posts since I have to announce winners in there )

Comment

This thread will be closed.

Please redirect your discussions to the follow threads

John Sheppard
                                John Sheppard - Solitary Man

OR

Elizabeth Weir
                                Elizabeth Weir - Her Heart Belongs to Atlantis

Comment

Working...
                                X