Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I´m aware that this post will lead to many,many blood red points for me.
    I´m very much against the Shephard/Weir ship: It´s not because they are to old for each other (I don´t think they are) it´s because I´m really bored with this "the leading man and the leading lady" of a show must be paired,no matter what the the story is meant to be (the writers seemed to prefer Shephard/Teyla-and even that only in a subtle way). It´s just a repeat of the Jack/Sam ship from SG 1. And considering what the Sam/Jack ship has done to SG 1(goodbye science fiction-hello Sam/Jack/Kerry/Pete ) it´s killing even the last bit enthusiasmn I had for Atlantis.
    And I don´t think that there is any chance that the writers will NOT be influenced by all the "squees" for Shephard/Weir ship on Atlantis
    Maybe I should start watching soaps, at least I know from begin on that it´s just all about who has sex with whom!
    Last edited by Hathor999; 07 December 2004, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor999
      I´m aware that this post will lead to many,many blood red points for me.
      I´m very much against the Shephard/Weir ship: It´s not because they are to old for each other (I don´t think they are) it´s because I´m really bored with this "the leading man and the leading lady" of a show must be paired,no matter what the the story is meant to be (the writers seemed to prefer Shephard/Teyla-and even that only in a subtle way). It´s just a repeat of the Jack/Sam ship from SG 1. And considering what the Sam/Jack ship has done to SG 1(goodbye science fiction-hello Sam/Jack/Kerry/Pete ) it´s killing even the last bit enthusiasmn I had for Atlantis.
      And I don´t think that there is any chance that the writers will NOT be influenced by all the "squees" for Shephard/Weir ship on Atlantis
      Maybe I should start watching soaps, at least I know from begin on that it´s just all about who has sex with whom!
      Firstly, anyone who red reps you for having an opinion is a dork. Pure and simple.

I agree with your comments about SG 1 ship, it's not been done well and I fervently hope that the same doesn't happen with Atlantis. Good stories, believeable characters with integrity and a host of other things come first. I wouldnt even be interested in ship if these things weren't there first. If they weren't I'd switch off even if Sheppard and Weir were doing it in every place they could find.

There really isn't a lot there at the moment, and what is there (if you see it) you can interpret in anyway you see fit. The writers will be exploring the various relationships between characters (and I don't mean in the romantic sense), because that is part of what shows like SGA and SG1 are about, humans reacting to unusual situations as well as mythology, guns, ships, stars, exploration etc. The show is about human beings, so they will form relationships because that's what human beings do! Doesn't necessarily have to be romantic or (god forbid) take over the show.

So let's keep our fingers crossed for good stories and lots of adventures!
      Last edited by astronomicalchick; 07 December 2004, 03:40 AM.

Comment

I've never seen any Weir and Shep ship either, and I don't think the PTB are planning on putting any in.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't really want any ship - just good stories.

As for ages - Sheppard is supposed to be 35-40. Flannign, IRL, is about 37. I believe Torri is younger than that IRL (but can't swear to it - too early in the a.m. for me!). I don't see the Weir character as being considerably older than Sheppard and always took them to be approximate ages.

A lot of folks see Sheppard/Weir ship because Sheppard/Teyla is sort of like robbing the cradle - I believe Teyla is supposed to be early 20's. Sheppard/Weir also seem to be on the same level intellectually. Of course, if TPTB bothered to make Teyla more intelligent and quit dwelling on her physical attributes, a Teyla/Sheppard ship just might go over better with fans.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Personally while I have never entered a single Atlantis Ship thread for fun, I find it extremely encouraging that there are so many variations. My theory is that if there was only one thread for only one single pair then that'd be a harbinger of ship to come on the show. The fact that people are having fun with all sorts of mutually incompatible ship scenarios makes it more likely that it'll ALL be left at the level of fans having fun together on a forum, fic-list or whatever, rather than canonised.

Madeleine

Comment

I believe that there will never be any romance of any sort between sheppard and weir, i think she wants him, but there is no chance he would go for it. If u look at the body language, especially in the recent episodes (110 - 114), it is obvious that weir is harbouring feelings for sheppard but he is taking a more leading role over weir.

eg. in Sanctuary when he dashes off in the PJ on his own and weir has no say in it what so ever.

Sheppard may be in his 30's but he has a cheeky youthfullness to him, whereas weir is kinda boring and square like she seems older.

Sheppard/teyla is a much better pairing and all these ppl complaining about Teyla not having anything intelectual 2 say can keep it to themselves. Do u think that's what she's there for? No! She's there to look good and provide a bit of local knowledge for the team and 2 take part in quality fight scenes. Weir is more a behind the scenes thinker type.

Although if there were to b any loving going on it should certainly b between sheppard and Chaya.... can u imagine how amazing their kids would b?

Anyway i have strayed slightly off topic, basically sheppard and weir is NEVER gonna happen, end of.
              Weir: "You do understand the Geneva Convention prohibits using prisoners for scientific experiments?"

Sheppard: "No offense Doc. But had the Wraith attended the Geneva Convention, they would have tried to feed on everyone there."

Episode 107 - Poisoning the Well

Comment

Originally posted by Visno
                I think they are just friends from what I can tell. I mean why can't a girl and a guy just be friends?
                a guy and a girl can't be friends. deosnt work. one always wants to sleep with the other. unless there is 100% no attraction, it is doomed to fail
                come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
                  a guy and a girl can't be friends. deosnt work. one always wants to sleep with the other. unless there is 100% no attraction, it is doomed to fail
                  And that line of thinking is exaclty the reason why I´m against all that shippy stuff in modern (post "AllyMcBeal" and "Sex and the City" ) TV shows: They show humans as no different from animals: no friendship, no romance not even any kind of respect- it´s just all about BREEDING!

In real live relationships which build only on sex don´t hold very long (look at the divorce ratings people) and in TV makes for really boring shows - I really miss the old days of shows as "Scarecrow and Mrs King" or "Remington Steel" were the pairings not only wanted to ***** each other but really seemed to like each other.
                  Last edited by Hathor999; 07 December 2004, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor999
                    And that line of thinking is exaclty the reason why I´m against all that shippy stuff in modern (post "AllyMcBeal" and "Sex and the City" ) TV shows: They show humans as no different from animals: no friendship, no romance not even any kind of respect- it´s just all about BREEDING!

I hate to break it to u but without breeding our race would die out pretty fast

Although i don't want to see a lot of soppy crap, it's good to see a bit of hormones running wild every now again do u not think?
                    Weir: "You do understand the Geneva Convention prohibits using prisoners for scientific experiments?"

Sheppard: "No offense Doc. But had the Wraith attended the Geneva Convention, they would have tried to feed on everyone there."

Episode 107 - Poisoning the Well

Comment

Originally posted by polomint
                      I hate to break it to u but without breeding our race would die out pretty fast

Although i don't want to see a lot of soppy crap, it's good to see a bit of hormones running wild every now again do u not think?
                      I have nothing against a little bit hormonal stuff, I only wished (I have edited my post to include it) to see some pairings in TV who seem, beside jumping in bed with each other because they are alpha-animals who need to procreate to save the gene pool, at least seem to like each other a little bit. Or at least have some chemestry.

Comment

I don't agree that men and women can't be friends. I have male friends who I have absolutely no interest in sleeping with. A man and a woman can have a purely platonic relationship without sex mucking it up. Sam is friends with all of the members of SG-1. Does that mean they all want to sleep with each other? That could get very tiring.

As far as Atlantis goes, I'm not shipping for anyone. On SG-1 I'm a S/J shipper, not because I was actively looking for it, but because it sort of hit me upside the head. From the get go I thought that they had chemistry. To me. In Atlantis I've not seen any pairing that made me go "WOW! They're hot together!". I think that Weir and Shep have good chemistry but not necessarily a sexual chemistry.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                          I don't think having a serious, potentially marriage-worthy relationship rules out Weir having relationships with others, since she does not know yet that she will even ever go back.

If she were engaged, that would be one thing. I don't know, at least in my head, that's a definite line, and since she hasn't crossed it, she's still relatively 'single'.

so according to your theory.........because she is very very far away from home that makes it ok to cheat on the person you are supposedly in love with back home.......so i guess that means its ok for all the men and women serving in the military to cheat on their loved ones........sorry....but i just dont see it that way.....regardless of whether or not your going to be going back home soon or not......you should remain faithful to the person u have at home waiting for you......maybe im old fashioned.......

{Mod Snip}
                          Last edited by TameFarrar; 05 April 2006, 12:02 PM. Reason: edit to a quoted post
                          "Let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance"

Proverbs 1:5

-Mike

Comment

You gotta look really really close to see anything between sheppard and weir. I am woefully unobservant (I listen more than watching) and I managed to not see S/J for I don't know how long (this strikes me as somewhat odd now, of course) so I don't recken subtlety is much of a problem for TPTB. Plus TPTB arent even aiming for a ship so its pretty unnoticeble. Don't look for it, you won't see it.

By the way opinion good, insult bad. As I'm sure youve noticed from you're rep.
                            ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

so according to your theory.........because she is very very far away from home that makes it ok to cheat on the person you are supposedly in love with back home.
                              Please don't put words in my mouth. You'll notice that what I ACTUALLY said was that it is acceptable because she doesn't know if she'll ever return. It has nothing to do with the distance, and everything to do with the logistics.

And it's not comparable to people who are away from their loved ones because of the work or military, as these people do assume they will return home one day. This is NOT the case for Weir, thus I feel she is more at liberty to become involved with someone else.

Sure, if she had gotten with Shep right away, that would be quite skanky indeed, but if after 2 years and developing a close friendship they decided to become lovers, I see nothing wrong with that (provided they still don't think they'll ever get home).

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                                Sure, if she had gotten with Shep right away, that would be quite skanky indeed, but if after 2 years and developing a close friendship they decided to become lovers, I see nothing wrong with that (provided they still don't think they'll ever get home).
                                A point I might add, that no one has suggested as Stargate has never gone in that direction, and I hope never does.

Another point to make is that we have absolutely no evidence what the nature of her relationship with Simon is. Neither marriage, nor engagement.

Comment

Working...
                                X