No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say, I am looking forward to Duet. But I am more looking forward to McKay becoming his old snarky, egotistical, phobic, slighty noble self. I like him better that way. lol Don't know why...I just do!
    thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Runner doesn't seem so bad for Rodney so far then seeing as its... SNIP ...at least it fits the story unlike these other jokes. And Duet seems funny at least and we know its a part of the story, I just hate when they make him do funny things that are out of character or don't serve the story.
      And your right, the season is still young.
      Runner could be quite good for McKay, Seige 3 gave us some McKay/Teyla interaction, and now Runner gives us some McKay/Ford interaction and we get to see McKay try to convince Ford to come back... Could be very good.

And atleast as said before atleast the comedy seems to fit the episode
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
        Can't say, not on a PG-13 forum. Though it wasn't gutterish at all, just odd and hard to tell if it was really motivational or not.
        Hmm, something to ponder!

EDIT: Did you guys see the Pileggi interivew on GW? DH manages to get a mention in everyones interviews, doesn't he.
        Yes, I read it earlier, loved the bit about Mitch telling David (paraphrase) that it's his own fault he gets all that tech type dialogue to say, he does it so well. Yes he does.

Comment

EDIT: Did you guys see the Pileggi interivew on GW? DH manages to get a mention in everyones interviews, doesn't he.
          My thoughts exactly! He really gets mentioned in every interview, and when I started to read the one with MP I was already waiting for David's name to appear and *pop* there it was! He must really be a special, unforgettable person!
          Ah yes, that's why we love him, right?

Hey DrWho'srose, you're online, already awake again? Well, I'm off to bed now, it's past midnight here. But it's so hard to stop active thunking!
          Gute Nacht, A.

PS: Tomorrow evening "Cube" will be shown on TV here!
          ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
          ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
            Hey DrWho'srose, you're online, already awake again? Well, I'm off to bed now, it's past midnight here. But it's so hard to stop active thunking!
            Gute Nacht, A.
            Well, "Guten Morgen" or "Guten Abend" see I did pay some attention in my High School "German language" classes.

Originally posted by Arlessar
            PS: Tomorrow evening "Cube" will be shown on TV here!
            So glad I brought that movie.

Tschus.

Comment

Someone posted a cap of John and Rodney together in a certain situation that is very much a part of the episode, The Intruder. This is your fellow Thunker asking that you please be careful when posting caps from episodes for Season 2. Reaction shots are ok. Personally, I think shots with Daedalus tech in the background are, too. But you should avoid anything that shows something specific for that episode. If you must refer to such a cap, please make it a url and note that the cap is a spoiler for what episode.

Before posting a cap, ask yourself, "Does this show something that's part of the plot to the episode?" If it is, please make it a link. The others who haven't seen the episode and don't want to be spoiled will thank you.

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Did you guys see the Pileggi interivew on GW? DH manages to get a mention in everyones interviews, doesn't he.
                Another Thunker for David's work! In his Gateworld interview, Mitch Pileggi says
                And then you've always got Dr. McKay there who's always trying to ... do whatever he does, man! God bless him for all the dialogue he's got to pull off. I told him today, I said, "You know," -- he was going through this long schpiel and I said, "It's your own fault because you do it well! That's why they keep giving it to you." I said, "If you didn't do it so well they wouldn't be writing this stuff for him."

He's amazing. I told him, I said, "If I had to do what you just did -- if I had two weeks working on it, I'd still blow it. Or blow my brains out trying to do it." I applaud him after every take. Phew! It's killer.

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Hi all!

I am still just a lurker here and I came just to tell you that I love Mckay. He is absolutely fabulous !

Greetings to all David Hewlett fans!
                  !!!THE SUPREME PICTURE HUNTER FOR LABCOAT LOVE ASSOCIATION!!!

All the images in my signatures usually come from HERE
                  How do you like my new signature?

Comment

SciFi has some nice shots of Rodney on their McKay bio page (even though the DH bio is a little inaccurate). I've cut them out for you to admire.

I love the intensity of this shot.

Rodney looks so much better in the darker jacket.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                      Someone posted a cap of John and Rodney together in a certain situation that is very much a part of the episode, The Intruder. This is your fellow Thunker asking that you please be careful when posting caps from episodes for Season 2. Reaction shots are ok. Personally, I think shots with Daedalus tech in the background are, too. But you should avoid anything that shows something specific for that episode. If you must refer to such a cap, please make it a url and note that the cap is a spoiler for what episode.

Before posting a cap, ask yourself, "Does this show something that's part of the plot to the episode?" If it is, please make it a link. The others who haven't seen the episode and don't want to be spoiled will thank you.
                      I assume you mean me.

Look we could have this conversation till the cows come home and we still would not agree.

I think if it has screened on the SciFi channel then it is fine to show pics and discuss. You know I live in Australia and although I have seen "The Intruder" most others here will not until next year! So IMO if people are not going to wait until everyone in the world has seen the ep why should I be worried for those outside the US. Mostly no one is worried about my fellow Australians being confronted by spoilers.

I will go and amend the pic and I will try and show respect for fellow Stargate fans but I will never understand why if the show has screened on the SciFi channel why I shouldn't be allowed to post pics. *Ammending my pic*

Comment

Originally posted by Watcher652
                        SciFi has some nice shots of Rodney on their McKay bio page (even though the DH bio is a little inaccurate). I've cut them out for you to admire.
                        Thanks for the pics! I really admired them!
                        Originally posted by Meredith
                        I am still just a lurker here and I came just to tell you that I love Mckay. He is absolutely fabulous!
                        Hi Meredith! Welcome! You should delurk more often, because things like "McKay is fabulous" cannot be said often enough!
                        Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                        Well, "Guten Morgen" or "Guten Abend" see I did pay some attention in my High School "German language" classes. Tschus.
                        Oh, great, you had some German in school! Hehe, that means I can drop sentences like "Ich liebe Rodney" and you'll understand it!

I just ate a lemon muffin and became aware again of the high amount of Rodneyism in my life! "This would kill him. Bad thing. Luckily it won't kill me. *gulp*"

Here is another pic for constant thunking:

Bye, A.
                        ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                        ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                          Hi Meredith! Welcome! You should delurk more often, because things like "McKay is fabulous" cannot be said often enough!
                          Now that I posted at last, I will surely "delurk" more often to show my total admiration for Rodney

btw: photos in this thread are incredible !!!
                          !!!THE SUPREME PICTURE HUNTER FOR LABCOAT LOVE ASSOCIATION!!!

All the images in my signatures usually come from HERE
                          How do you like my new signature?

Comment

Howdy folks... just taking a break from clearing things out of the house. I've been peeking in here off and on, but not had a lot of time to post.. can't go without my RM/DH fix. Thanks for those pics from McKay's bio, Watcher... wonderful stuff. Welcome Meredith and anyone else I'm probably missing. There must be something in the air everywhere, as I've also dreamed of Rodney lately. Nothing as... interesting as everyone else's dreams... but he and Zelenka were there. Hmm.. add in Carson and I may never wake up. Wish I had pics to post... but no time to go through last ep's screencaps for non-spoilery Rodney pics. Maybe next week I can get Intruder and Runner pics up.

Anyway... back to work.

Comment

Hey everybody! Just wanted to stop by and let everyone know that the official countdown for Duet has begun! Check out my sig, quote courtesy of the lovely McKay's girl! The idea is kind of a blatant rip-off of the Undress McKay game that has since evaporated from the internet. Basically, it's a "McKay Paper Doll" strip tease, and each day he'll loose an article of clothing, in honor of his
                              Spoiler:
                              rumored strip down in Duet!

Also, I have just read the funniest story, although it might just be funny to me, for obvious reasons (re: my name) called One for All, and All for McKay? [spoiler for the fic]
                              Spoiler:
                              I was grinning like an idiot every time somebody called him "Porthos"!!!!!

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
                              McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
                              Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
                              McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
                                Hey everybody! Just wanted to stop by and let everyone know that the official countdown for Duet has begun! Check out my sig, quote courtesy of the lovely McKay's girl! The idea is kind of a blatant rip-off of the Undress McKay game that has since evaporated from the internet. Basically, it's a "McKay Paper Doll" strip tease, and each day he'll loose an article of clothing, in honor of his
                                Spoiler:
                                rumored strip down in Duet!

Also, I have just read the funniest story, although it might just be funny to me, for obvious reasons (re: my name) called One for All, and All for McKay? [spoiler for the fic]
                                Spoiler:
                                I was grinning like an idiot every time somebody called him "Porthos"!!!!!
                                Great sig idea! I'm off to read the story!
                                "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                                "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                                Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                                Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                                "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                                Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                                Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                                (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Working...
                                X