Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watcher652
    That was a generic question about the air times in the UK. It was not addressed to you specifically. I know Austrailia is way behind the US and Canada. But sometimes the UK is ahead of the US and sometimes they're behind. I was just wondering if anybody knew the UK schedule.
    The new seasons dont start till October

Theres a thread about it here- http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2842

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
      EDIT: Surprised not to see any Comic Con pics links so here's one I found earlier.
      http://photobucket.com/albums/y98/kelpster/ComicCon/
      Oh look David's wearing a stripy shirt again This is a pretty cool one of him from the con (and doesn't that watch look familiar?)
      http://photobucket.com/albums/y98/ke...rent=David.jpg
      Thanks for the links! I was also wondering why there weren't any pics. But now they start popping up!
      Yes, this stripy shirt David is wearing is very similar to his Comic Con outfit from last year. He seems to have a special "Convention outfit"!

Bye, A.
      ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
      ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Hey, just dropping in!

Wanted to say I loved Rodney in Siege III (well, ok, I love him in all the eps).
        Spoiler:
        The sidearm clip thing was funny, but I just attribute that as an accident or him being tired. Let's not forget he does have the element of comic relief. He did show he could fire a weapon in Defiant One, but he also had to ask Shep "Ok, what do I do now?!" He is a scientist, not a soldier.

All I have to say is he better step it up in this season, getting outsmarted my Shep like that, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
          1 - If McKay was mine for a day, I'd take him to the institute of physics of my university, dress him up in a labcoat and admire him and listen to him ranting for hours about the inadequate facilities and results and God knows what else, and then I'd have him giving a lecture! Afterwards I'd love to go swimming with him, just us two in a great pool, and then I'd like just to sit around in a candle lit room, listen to some music, eating a great sundae or drinking a chilled Sauvignon Blanc from NZ, just talking for hours about the aspects of his life he doesn't like to mention openly. I'll keep silent about the night that follows....
          *mouth open, drool cascading* McKay swimming!! Yes! That's what we need this season! He looks fantastic wet as we all know from The Eye.....now do you think he would wear speedos or trunks???

Originally posted by Renenutet
          3) The cliche storyline I would most like to see McKay stuck in with me is we're in Atlantis and he's found the Ancient's experiment for 'love potion #9' but it is only supposed to attract one person, the first female he runs into, me the one who doesn't like him or want anything to do with him. Imagine McKay trying to run at first and then realizing the gift horse he's got and he's not going to look it in the mouth.
          That's a good one...I forgot all about the Love Potion cliche. Sounds like you have thought it out in detail Ahhh, it would be true love!

Thanks for answering guys, that entertained me greatly!!
          Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
          :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
            *mouth open, drool cascading* McKay swimming!! Yes! That's what we need this season! He looks fantastic wet as we all know from The Eye.....now do you think he would wear speedos or trunks???
            Neither, he'd prefer skinny dipping ...with me

sigpic
            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Just popping in to record my appreciation of Rodney!

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                If there is ever a picture slang dictionary, this pic should certainly be under the term "studmuffin"

Okay okay, it was bad. BAD PUN! NOT VERY PUNNY!

*smacks head*

3) What cliche storyline would you most like to see McKay stuck in with YOU? (eg. enclosed spaces, accidentally married at alien ceremony, etc.)
                Well, I'll take that cliched bit where I'm so much smarter than McKay and he obviously falls to my superior intelligence and we run off and have super genius babies or something.
                ...hey, that sounds an awful lot like Sam! I must live vicariously through Sam at a subconscious level. Except for the whole Jack bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcatter
                  Hey, just dropping in!

Wanted to say I loved Rodney in Siege III (well, ok, I love him in all the eps).
                  Spoiler:
                  The sidearm clip thing was funny, but I just attribute that as an accident or him being tired. Let's not forget he does have the element of comic relief.
                  Rodney certainly does fit the role of comic relief nicely. Take Hide and Seek for example, that shield test scene was priceless. And I know the
                  Spoiler:
                  gun scene
                  in Siege 3 was meant to be funny, but I just found it odd and maybe a tad OTT? I can't really figure out why though. Of course, Rodney himself is OTT, so there you go

Comic relief is great, but I don't want Rodney becoming the "butt of the jokes" guy on the show all the time. Leave that for Kav if we must have such a character at all.

Duet should be a real blast in the comic relief category.

Comment

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but what does OTT mean?
                    Last edited by GatetheWay; 19 July 2005, 12:40 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Watched "Underground" again today, so time for some pics:

Frowning Rodney:

Drinking Rodney:

Bye, A.

Comment

I'd say trunks. And yes, "McKay - fantastic when wet" comes to my mind, too.
                        No problem, it was fun!

Bye, A.

Comment

I think, Tomcatter and ToasterOnFire, that the problem is TPTB seem to think it has to be dumb to be funny. Why can't it be smart and funny?

The "Ok, what do I do now?!" moment throws you out of the drama and onto your sofa *because* McKay is normally intelligent, because he has (or says he has) a strong sense for self-preservation, and because it is absolutely bizarre that he shoots so well yet apparently has never drilled with a gun. ??!!

And while I *rationally* think that that bit in "The Siege Part III" is plausible, I am *still* trying to work out a better scene. --Which means it was indeed not a very good choice.

Mind you, that sequence in "The Defiant One" is purely poor directing. McKay should have been anticipating, not trailing, for the reasons I outlined above and because it would have been more gripping.
                          Spoiler:
                          "What do I do now?" should have been *while* he was reloading. His reaction to being told to do what he was already doing would have been funny *and* would have upped the suspense because this little gesture which so far isn't doing much is the only thing they have at the moment, and because it would make the viewer worry just that little bit more about Sheppard. "Run!" is just as bad, dramatically speaking, because McKay knew what was going on, the puddlejumper firing on the Wraith was the last move they could make, and a shot of McKay haring off *as* Sheppard said it would have really gotten the sympathetic adrenalin going for the viewer. It might even have been funny in a suspenseful kind of way. Instead we get the same old same old standing around waiting for something to happen. Remember when Gaul (or was it Abrams?) just stood there knowing the Wraith was behind him?
                          What kind of drama is that?

Drama is someone doing something that may or may not be effective, not standing around admiring the makeup and special effects and spooky music.

And don't even get me started about
                          Spoiler:
                          McKay and the filling gateroom
                          in "Before I Sleep".

As far as the "The Siege Part III" bit is concerned, it is again a drama issue.
                          Spoiler:
                          You get this great suspenseful buildup with McKay's speech, then it's abruptly and entirely shortcircuited into physical comedy.
                          Hello sofa, and what time is it?
                          Spoiler:
                          The comedy should only have lain within the outrageousness of the speech itself. Instead, someone thought it needed a rim shot.
                          Last edited by Wordsmit2; 19 July 2005, 12:37 PM.
                          Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

That's a good one...I forgot all about the Love Potion cliche. Sounds like you have thought it out in detail Ahhh, it would be true love!

Actually, I just came up with the idea on the spur of the moment. I read the thrid 'challange' and a switch went off and that's what came out.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                            Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Did anyone notice in The Siege Part 3 that McKay's hair was different from how it was at the end of The Siege Part 2?

Siege Part 2:

Siege Part 3:

Edit: Hmm now that I think about it you could probably say the same for Beckett.
                              Last edited by GatetheWay; 19 July 2005, 01:30 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Wordsmit2
                                As far as the "The Siege Part III" bit is concerned, it is again a drama issue.
                                Spoiler:
                                You get this great suspenseful buildup with McKay's speech, then it's abruptly and entirely shortcircuited into physical comedy.
                                Hello sofa, and what time is it?
                                Spoiler:
                                The comedy should only have lain within the outrageousness of the speech itself. Instead, someone thought it needed a rim shot.
                                Excellent post, and that is exactly how I feel about that scene.
                                Spoiler:
                                Rodney's yelling and puffing himself up weren't that bad for me, but the clip drop was too much and wasn't needed to make that scene work.

And don't even get me started about
                                Spoiler:
                                McKay and the filling gateroom
                                in "Before I Sleep".
                                Does that mean it was a great dramatic moment for you or you disliked it because it was overdone? Because I thought
                                Spoiler:
                                that last shot of him typing while the water rose was extremely effective and creeped me out to no extent. I could have found it so effective because I have a huge fear of being trapped in a submerging container, however. I'm curious how you saw it.

Comment

Working...
                                X