sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

Happy birthday, David!

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday, David!

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Happy Birthday, David
              The cake is a lie!

Comment

happy birthday david !!
                Ship, slash or friendship, as long as my favourite characters are together, I'm happy. And I love ALL of them

Comment

* * * HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAVID! * * *

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT ONE!

So much catching up to do!

Thanks for all the pictures, they're lovely! Kinda makes me wonder what he's like as himself. From what little I've read so far, he seems to be totally cute and silly. And he does conventions! It's my experience ( from an old fandom, Babylon 5 ) that actors who do conventions are very sweet and generous and funny. I'm not saying that the others aren't, of course.

I very rarely have dreams about favourite characters/actors/shows, so I'm sort of jealous of those of you who do, and especially dates in romantic settings. Strangely enough,
                  Spoiler:
                  just a couple of days after signing up for Gateworld, I had a weird dream in which there was some scientific project going on. They were using Replicator... cells... thingies... to turn people into other people. A thin layer of Replicator material covered us and mimicked the look of that person, though obviously there was some mind-reading component to it, too. Because I ended up as Rodney! Sadly I didn't get his brain, but I did get his snarkiness! Rather amusing dream..!

OMG!!! Bathtub and rubber duckie! Where's it from? ( Sort of makes me think that Rodney fell asleep in the bathtub and the whole of SGA was a dream, brought on by being surrounded by water..! )

And the one with the "And they say I'm the demented one". *hugs him* This is from that demon movie, right?

OK, hum... Swedish woman flaunting her ignorance in culinary matters: What's "rootbeer"? And what's "float"? From the context I'm guessing it has something to do with ice-cream..?

And I just have to say... feels great to be here! In some of the other threads on the forum there's these anti-McKay sentiments, and I feel bad reading them. And defending him ( or David's talent as an actor ) seems to just stir up more resentment. Meh. Discussion is all good and well, but sometimes you just need to be with people who share your opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by TinaJ View Post

OMG!!! Bathtub and rubber duckie! Where's it from? ( Sort of makes me think that Rodney fell asleep in the bathtub and the whole of SGA was a dream, brought on by being surrounded by water..!
                    That is from A Dog's Breakfast. You gotta see that movie!

And the one with the "And they say I'm the demented one". *hugs him* This is from that demon movie, right?
                    Right, Darklight.

OK, hum... Swedish woman flaunting her ignorance in culinary matters: What's "rootbeer"? And what's "float"? From the context I'm guessing it has something to do with ice-cream..?
                    A root beer(type/flavor of soda, sweet) float is just root beer with vanilla ice cream in it... the icecream floats. It's really yummy!

It's also known as an Ice cream soda. --->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_cream_soda

And I just have to say... feels great to be here! In some of the other threads on the forum there's these anti-McKay sentiments, and I feel bad reading them. And defending him ( or David's talent as an actor ) seems to just stir up more resentment. Meh. Discussion is all good and well, but sometimes you just need to be with people who share your opinion!
                    You have come to the right place!

This is from last year but it's worth re-posting for the the newbies who haven't seen it yet.

David Hewlett? How are you so FORTY YEARS OF awesome?
                    Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 18 April 2009, 05:35 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

In honor of David's birthday, I thought I'd post all my Rodney vids. Enjoy!

Final Destination

Last Day

Life is Beautiful This one is a bit shippy, but I think it gets the point across.

Nine Lives

Stand My Ground

Stronger

Temper

Time

You're the Best
                      sigpic

Comment

OK, sounds like "A Dog's Breakfast" and "Darklight" are two good movies to watch for varitey, one that seems like a comedy, and one dark and serious. I might look into getting them, once my bank account has recovered from buying far too much Stargate merchandise. I love Rodney, but it's always fun to see the actors of the characters you like in other roles too.

And, yum, rootbeer float sounds delicious! Sugar!!!

The LJ post was great! There were several pictures that made me laugh out loud! Silly is cute! Will go through them and save pics later, as well as look at those vids.

Have a nice Saturday, everyone!

Comment

OK, sounds like "A Dog's Breakfast" and "Darklight" are two good movies to watch for varitey, one that seems like a comedy, and one dark and serious. I might look into getting them, once my bank account has recovered from buying far too much Stargate merchandise. I love Rodney, but it's always fun to see the actors of the characters you like in other roles too.

And, yum, rootbeer float sounds delicious! Sugar!!!

The LJ post was great! There were several pictures that made me laugh out loud! Silly is cute! Will go through them and save pics later, as well as look at those vids.

Have a nice Saturday, everyone!
                          I suggest "Where the Heart Is" as good comedy DVD; it makes you want more of David Hewlett!

Comment

OK... Ravenheart, I started watching your vids ( kinda needed some Rodney right now... ) but I'd really like to know the titles and singers for the songs that accompany them, so that I can look up the lyrics. I think I'm missing the full experience otherwise, and that would be a shame.

EDIT: Uhm, nevermind. Guess the first one froze on me so I didn't see the ending, because the second one had the title and band.
                            Last edited by Tinah; 18 April 2009, 09:31 AM.

Comment

OK... Ravenheart, I started watching your vids ( kinda needed some Rodney right now... ) but I'd really like to know the titles and singers for the songs that accompany them, so that I can look up the lyrics. I think I'm missing the full experience otherwise, and that would be a shame.

Ok. Here you go. The links are for the lyrics to make it easier.

Final Destination
                              Song: Final Destination by Within Temptation.

Last Day
                              Song: If Today was Your Last Day by Nickelback

Life is Beautiful
                              Song: Because of You by Meatloaf

Nine Lives
                              Song: Nine Lives by Def Leppard

Stand My Ground
                              Song; Stand My Ground by Within Temptation

Stronger
                              Song: Pale by Within Temptation

Temper
                              Song: Have A Nice Day by Bon Jovi

Time
                              Song: Too Much Time on My Hands by Styx

You're the Best
                              Song: Nobody Does it Better by Carly Simon
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
                                Ok. Here you go. The links are for the lyrics to make it easier.
                                Thanks! Links and all, I don't even have to Google!

Comment

Working...
                                X